Story based on my own experiences?

You will find many autobiographical bits here, especially from first-time authors. But readers will care less for your personal history than for a hot story. And you will want to change names and descriptions of others if only to avoid getting your ass sued off. I'll suggest:

* Read lots of relevant tales; see how story structures work and what approaches click with you.
* Play your story as a movie in your mind's eye. Blog it, like keeping a journal of events and thoughts.
* Edit it, adding background, details, color, removing excess. Read it aloud to yourself. How does it sound?
* If you're unsure of what you've written you can ask for editing help on the Editor's Forum here.

Such a story can be fairly easy to write because you already know how it turns out so you don't have to invent plot points. But remember, readers want action and sex, not a history. G'luck!
 
I'm sure there would be interest. Why not tell us a bit about it. Main thing with personal accounts is to really go into your physical and especially your emotional response to the experience.
 
Could a story of my experiences on how I got into bdsm be an interesting read? Or is that just a bad idea

Many, one might say most, stories are based upon personal experience/s.
The trick is to tell the tale properly.
And avoid the Trolls.
 
How interesting it is depends entirely upon how well you write it. I only have two suggestions: writes it as you would any piece of fiction; and, don't emphasize the fact that it is true. Also, don't feel bound to the facts. Write a story, not a news account.
 
Back
Top