Interactive Erotica

Well, first time here, and I decided to jump right in!

I'm a big fan of the stories on Lit, have dabbled a bit in writing erotica myself, and I'm also a coder. Throw all those things together, and I came up with the idea of creating an interactive erotica story, a la choose your adventure books or old text-based adventure games.

So, the purpose of my post: I can write the code easily, but want to work with an author who will take lead on writing the story. I'm an OK writer--good if I really dedicate myself to a piece--but I want this to be great. And that requires a really good author to take the lead on the story.

Ideally, I would like an author with experience in a wide array of "genres" and who can write several different kinds of characters in all kinds of relationships. The eventual end goal is not to create just one story, but to create multiple stories, each with its own set of varied starting parameters, and several different progressions of plot based on the set of choices in each step.

Did you try Chyoa.com?
First off, here is a link to the new site because chyoo had a breakdown.

https://chyoa.com/

CHYOO/CHYOA (Standing for CHoose Your Own Adventure) is a place for writers to create erotic stories, but done one page at a time. Each page can have several different directions (Slay the dragon, Spare the dragon, Get Eaten, etc.)

Since the stories are written one page at a time and can go different directions, you can also allow other writers to help the story along. Each page can have a different writer or all be done by the same writer. This allows the story to go in several different directions while keeping the same characters and seeing how the situations could play out differently. Sometimes two pages can exist following similar paths, but written by two different writers. Maybe Writer 1 wanted to kill the dragon with great sword play but ends up breaking the legendary sword as he shoves it through the dragon's heart? Well, then comes along Writer 2 who doesn't want the sword to break, but still kill the dragon. So he writes a thread where the dragon dies from a different wound.

This lets the stories stay open to be fleshed out in various ways and for readers to experience the story in different ways when they read it a second time.

If you happen to be a furry fan, erotica flash games or html games are a popular thing to make over there.

I'm a big fan of the stories on Lit, have dabbled a bit in writing erotica myself, and I'm also a coder. Throw all those things together, and I came up with the idea of creating an interactive erotica story, a la choose your adventure books or old text-based adventure games.

So, the purpose of my post: I can write the code easily, but want to work with an author who will take lead on writing the story. I'm an OK writer--good if I really dedicate myself to a piece--but I want this to be great. And that requires a really good author to take the lead on the story.

Ideally, I would like an author with experience in a wide array of "genres" and who can write several different kinds of characters in all kinds of relationships. The eventual end goal is not to create just one story, but to create multiple stories, each with its own set of varied starting parameters, and several different progressions of plot based on the set of choices in each step.

Sounds like a visual novel. Katawa Shoujo is my favorite, but there's all sorts out there.

Story Ideas

I'm guessing you would like this to be somewhat along the lines of your kind of kink, but may I suggest a female domination twist where the main character is a macho, if not chauvinistic male who likes the conquest of a female. He goes to a nightclub but the trick is, almost every girl in the club has different ways of turning the tables and dominating him if the exactly correct choice is made at each turn. Could include trickery, wrestling, seduction, or even fantasy type things like hypnosis, telekinesis, or even magic.

Each possible scenario with each girl plays out in a sexy story fashion as selections are made. Only a very few outcomes favor the male's desire to be successful at bedding his chosen girl the way he plans. Perfect for those with a femdom kink, or ones that like to take turns being dominant or submissive, or ones that just enjoy a good challenge.

I like the text based adventure idea. Since you are a coder, I assume you're interested in creating a game where the person can type certain choices to lead to different scenarios.

I've played visual novels and tried a lot of online cyoa (including Lit's cyooa). However, both have drawbacks. Visual novels have very limited choices and after awhile it is too predictable on what to do in order to get the ending you want. Alternatively, sometimes the choices and the ending don't quite make sense. Cyoa may not have enough threads to advance the story in the manner a person would like.

A text based adventure seems like the most flexible choice.

Since you're a coder and all, are you asking the site owners if you can run code here on Lit or are you looking to take Lit authors to your site?

Thank you all for your replies. I will try to clarify my idea and address many of the things you've said.

I want to start by stating clearly that my goal is for this to be text-based, not visual. This format allows for a more genuine feeling of choice, surpasses the uncanny valley by avoiding the issue all-together, and I find written erotica far more preferable to visual erotica.

This would be achieved by cataloging a large number of initial parameters (who you are, who they are, how many are involved, the scenario, etc.), which would determine the available storylines, which would then be directed by user choice. It would be a branching storyline, and it could be charted much like a family tree.

I am still exploring options for distribution, but I am leaning in the direction of a file sharing service, like Dropbox, and "advertising" it in some manner through Literotica. Because I am not experienced in hmtl coding, I am not currently pursuing the idea of this running in a web browser.

Finally, I will address the content that would be available to the user. I want to provide as many options as possible so that, within reason, anyone can find what they're looking for. For the initial development, it would be easiest to work with a single author, but I would like to work with several different authors to create additional content. To put it simply, I want to give the user everything AND the kitchen sink.

Just to let you know, if you're not a published Literotica author you cannot advertise story content off site.

This is a great idea. This site definitely needs more interactive stories.

Back