What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a red letter day!

1. Finally finished the story I've been slogging through for a month and I'm very pleased with the results. Also, I still have a few more weeks to polish it before the deadline. Yay!

I am never, ever, ever happy with things I write. And they seem to get worse if I rewrite them. The only time I am happy with my stories is when I tell them live.
 
I am never, ever, ever happy with things I write. And they seem to get worse if I rewrite them. The only time I am happy with my stories is when I tell them live.

Verbal storytelling is an amazing gift and not to be sneezed at. The skill does not always translate well to the written form. Nelson has an annual storytelling festival. Some of the narrators are writers and some are strictly oral presenters. Doesn't make a difference to me, I love a good yarn, I bet your kids do too.
 
My 11 month old's battle with her 4 year old brother and subsequent victory ! :D
 
My part-time lover who is just lately, with my health problems and the doc having banned sex for me, astonishing me with his desire to be with me and hold me and make me smile and make me laugh and make me happy.
 
funny-pictures-bird-walks-behind-elephant.jpg
 
Verbal storytelling is an amazing gift and not to be sneezed at. The skill does not always translate well to the written form. Nelson has an annual storytelling festival. Some of the narrators are writers and some are strictly oral presenters. Doesn't make a difference to me, I love a good yarn, I bet your kids do too.

Part of it is that I can do the voice characterisations in person that I can never seem to relate in print. Another part is that I can read my audience and figure out how to modify the story on the fly to suit them, playing with tempo, pacing, etc. Can't do that in print usually.

It is more because the stories themselves work better in performance than I do in print, I guess.
 
The text I got this morning telling me how "fucking hot" I am with my new hair cut. :cathappy:

All the comments about my hair cut. I was center of attention today. :D
 
The text I got this morning telling me how "fucking hot" I am with my new hair cut. :cathappy:

All the comments about my hair cut. I was center of attention today. :D


Woo hoo! One should always cheer when they get to be attention whore! That reminds me, I need a hair cut.

Okay, things that had made me happy, today.
1) I picked four tomatos! Yay for tuna and tomato sandwiches in the summer.
2) My daughter let me watch an entire rerun of CSI. I never manage that. Spongebob gets old.
3) I've decided that I'm in love with my new body wash. Soft and exotic smelling. I get to feel pretty.
 
I ran into a local woman, whom I am acquainted with, at one of the shops, and she asked when I was leaving. I told her, "October 1st".

She placed her hand on my shoulder and said, "We're going to miss you. You're good for this island."

I got a bit choked up.
 
I ran into a local woman, whom I am acquainted with, at one of the shops, and she asked when I was leaving. I told her, "October 1st".

She placed her hand on my shoulder and said, "We're going to miss you. You're good for this island."

I got a bit choked up.
Awww...


But methinks you're good for the rest of the world, too.
 
This is the whole article from TampaBay.com, so I'm not bothering with the link. :p

The all-pizza diet: The American Paradox?
Matt McClellan, 33, owner of Tour de Pizza in North St. Petersburg, had an epiphany just over a month ago. He was at his local gyms (Gold’s Gym, Lifestyle Family Fitness and SNAP Fitness) handing out samples of his pizza for customer appreciation nights and was told by gym goers that he was crazy to hand pizza out to people trying to lose weight and/or get fit.

“What is this guy thinking,” they would say as they walked out the door. Even though he wasn’t exactly surprised at their reactions, he was still a little disheartened. Being the entrepreneur Matt is, he decided to put his pizza where his mouth was, literally. So for the next 30 days, Matt would eat only pizza (85 percent of his own pizza and the rest at local places like Bella Brava and Little Italy) for breakfast, lunch and dinner to see if he could lose weight and what the nutritional benefits, negative or positive, would be.

He stuck to his same workout routine of 1 hour a day, 5 days a week, either by running or working out at the gym. All the while, having the results tracked by St. Petersburg nutritional experts C.J. Jackson and Andrea Preisler Crouch and keeping a daily log.

“I’m just dumbfounded by the results,” Matt stated. “I was not expecting the kind of results that I got, and neither were the nutritionists,” he added.

Thirty days later the results are in: He has lost a significant amount of weight and has lowered both his cholesterol and blood pressure. Want to find out more? Then join Matt as he reveals the results of his ‘Tour de Pizza’ Miracle Pizza Diet at Tour de Pizza (212 37th Ave. N, St. Petersburg, 727-898-5555 ) on Friday, from 5:30 p.m. to close for free pizza and drinks. Um, and diet advice.

Posted by Laura Reiley at 05:21:39 PM on August 19, 2009
 
Awwwweeeee...

Missing kindergartner found in 1st grade
The Associated Press
VAN BUREN — A 5-year-old Van Buren kindergarten student who disappeared on the first day of classes was found safe in a first-grade classroom.

Police say Dakota Collins made a friend on the playground at Parkview Elementary School and followed the friend into class. Lt. Stephen Staggs says the boy put on the name tag of a boy who was absent and the teacher didn’t realize who he was.

Collins’ kindergarten teacher noticed him missing during roll call. Other teachers had seen him both during breakfast and on the playground.

As police went from classroom to classroom showing the boy’s photo, the first-grade teacher said she had a boy in class who looked just like the boy in the picture.

Staggs says the boy started crying and said he just wanted to be in class with his friend.​

(This is the whole story, from ArkansasOnline.com, so no linkie.)
 
when trying to explain to my three and a half year old why he could not make little girls kiss him, he looked at me and said, "but mommy, i like the ladies. besides she should get in trouble, because she won't kiss me!"
 
Go me, on my first proper telephone call!


I'm officially happy, happy, happy feeling utterly ridiculous about something I fear is far more than just a crush. This would be my version of joyful cheers shouted from rooftops!


Yep. I'm utterly in bliss. Go me.
 
Some of the questions in the spotlight thread, especially the ongoing query about whether you could beat Green Lantern with a banana.

Spoiler: You could.
 
Some of the questions in the spotlight thread, especially the ongoing query about whether you could beat Green Lantern with a banana.

Spoiler: You could.

:D That is a great thread. We should start doing those over here too.
 
What made me smile or laugh.

Watching Looney Toon Cartoons at You Tube while talking with my Sir this morning. Being able to *snuggle* with Him as we did so. This is the second Saturday we have done this and I like it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top