Where are all the British guys n girls?!?!?

Yeah love walking, the peaks in Derby, the Cotswolds, and love coastal walking in Cornwall. Especially near Lands End. Amazing in the winter.

How about you??

i love the peaks...one of my favourite places is dovedale :heart:

love the cotswolds too...and they are so close which is great for a day out.

haven't done too much walking in recent months, but probably will do more when the days get longer and the rains let up...

*veronica stops mid sentence for a quick prayer* dear weather gods, please let us have a proper summer this year!

i don't like getting too muddy....i always worry i'll get stuck and lose my boots! :D

that said, walking was much funner when i had my dog as she just loved going on adventures......and also i had a partner way back then, so it was nice to share the experience with a loved one.

how often do you go walking?

i love the peaks...one of my favourite places is dovedale :heart:

love the cotswolds too...and they are so close which is great for a day out.

haven't done too much walking in recent months, but probably will do more when the days get longer and the rains let up...

*veronica stops mid sentence for a quick prayer* dear weather gods, please let us have a proper summer this year!

i don't like getting too muddy....i always worry i'll get stuck and lose my boots! :D

that said, walking was much funner when i had my dog as she just loved going on adventures......and also i had a partner way back then, so it was nice to share the experience with a loved one.

how often do you go walking?

As much as i can. Love Dovedale as well, but prefer the area around Mam Tor. Love winter walking, nothing better than a clear blue sky, and the ground white with ice. Also love the chalk downs near Lambourne.

Always better walking with someone.

Always more fun with someone.

As much as i can. Love Dovedale as well, but prefer the area around Mam Tor. Love winter walking, nothing better than a clear blue sky, and the ground white with ice. Also love the chalk downs near Lambourne.

Always better walking with someone.

Always more fun with someone.

mam tor is fantastic....the views from the top are breathtaking! :)

and yes, much better to walk with someone....are you part of a walking group?

a reputation as what?

Someone who takes too many risks? I don't know why, I think I'm perfectly safe. After all, I'm still alive. :)

I love walking on Dartmoor and in the far north-west of Scotland. I think my friends prefer to stay within sight of a road/in mobile contact. I prefer being in places where there aren't even paths, where you can pitch your tent where no-one else is likely to turn up, and being out of mobile contact is vital.

Someone who takes too many risks? I don't know why, I think I'm perfectly safe. After all, I'm still alive. :)

I love walking on Dartmoor and in the far north-west of Scotland. I think my friends prefer to stay within sight of a road/in mobile contact. I prefer being in places where there aren't even paths, where you can pitch your tent where no-one else is likely to turn up, and being out of mobile contact is vital.

tent?...i've heard of it...thought it was an urban myth :rolleyes:

the mobile thing i can understand as i don't like being contactable 24/7....i often turn mine off, not that it matters anyway as i rarely get any texts :D

Last edited:
tent?...i've heard of it...thought it was an urban myth :rolleyes:

I love camping out in the wilds. It's amazing; a nice grassy spot, a stream or river running past with only sheep, deer and ponies for company. Or finding a bothy out in the middle of nowhere. Dependent only on yourself. It has to be experienced to be appreciated.

I love camping out in the wilds. It's amazing; a nice grassy spot, a stream or river running past with only sheep, deer and ponies for company. Or finding a bothy out in the middle of nowhere. Dependent only on yourself. It has to be experienced to be appreciated.

i will take your word for it :)

i prefer my camping to be in a five star hotel :D

i will take your word for it :)

i prefer my camping to be in a five star hotel :D

But imagine staying somewhere like this

428371_351349701562700_1793058904_n.jpg

No five star hotels anywhere near there and no Michelin Star meal ever tasted as wonderful as anything I cooked for myself there. :D

But I can see your point. Maybe that's why I can't get anyone to walk with me. ;)

i will admit such a beautiful location!

once the five start hotel is built, preferably with spa and swimming pool, i'll be there with my hiking boots in tow!

But imagine staying somewhere like this

428371_351349701562700_1793058904_n.jpg

No five star hotels anywhere near there and no Michelin Star meal ever tasted as wonderful as anything I cooked for myself there. :D

But I can see your point. Maybe that's why I can't get anyone to walk with me. ;)

Hey all!
London here.
I'm fairly new to lit. Loving it though! More fun than I would have imagined, looking forward to having even more fun too.

Back