Interdisciplinary Collaboration

Venting

“Her… My Dean was a her! Dr. Margaret Copley, Dean of the College of Fine Arts. Maggie was a friend once. A good friend, but once she became the Dean we stopped being friends.” Abi sighed, “She presented this idea to me like she was my best girlfriend coming up with a solution for an awkward problem. She had talked Nadler at some conference and apparently they talked about me and he was enthusiastic about my applying. So Dean Maggie called me in and “unofficially” encouraged me to apply. Oh, she didn’t want to see me go of course, this suggestion was for my sake. After all since Greg had become an administrator he had stopped doing any productive research and he was also not a particularly good administrator so there was no way he could go somewhere else, no one would want him. That part is true. And then she told me how UW-Madison would be a step up and all of that. Of course this is a state school that has been experiencing budget cuts – so there isn’t really extra money for projects. And I get here and my teaching load is what it was when I first started – gen eds with undergraduates! Frankly, I think I will probably be teaching Music Appreciation to freshmen for the rest of my career!” There was some silence for a moment. “I don’t know, I suppose she meant well, but I still resent it and I feel hurt and betrayed. It feels like my friend sided with my husband to get rid of me to remove this source of conflict from her college.” Abi made a turn. “I don’t know, maybe she is right, maybe this is good for me. Maybe I have nothing more constructive to contribute and teaching undergraduates is all I should be doing now. Oh god, and I feel so lonely.” Abi felt tears welling up. But she forced herself not to cry.

Abi stopped at an intersection and removed her glasses and wiped her eyes, then looked to Jo for which way to go. Jo motioned to go left and said “I know a good treatment for ‘hurt and angry.’ I have a small but well-stocked wine cellar. I might even have some mead around. When we get to my place, you should come in for a nightcap.”

Her voice was sweet and inviting. Abi had no plans. She would just go home, take off her clothes, go online and play with herself for a couple hours until she had an orgasm or fell asleep out of boredom. It would be nice to have a friend. “That is a lovely idea,” Abi turned and smiled. “I would love to come in and if you have mead or any white wine I will even drink a little. But if you get me drunk then we will be really stuck since then neither of us will be able to drive and I won’t be able to get home!” Abi giggled.
 
Double Entendre



Only a meager twilight remained as Abi pulled into the long driveway leading up to Josephine’s home. Various wrought iron lanterns, already activated by light sensing electric eyes, lit the yard and the
renovated Cream City brick farmhouse with warm hues set by finely tuned LEDs. Josephine felt a bit anxious as they approached. The cocktails and Abi’s company had her horny, and she did not want to do or say anything to offend or scare off her new friend. Before she could speak, she cleared her throat. “Pull up to the garage behind the house.”

She led Abi in through a side door into a thoroughly modern kitchen.

attachment.php


“This place was pretty dilapidated when I bought it,” Josephine explained. “I actually spent more totally renovating the house than I paid for the entire property in the first place.”

Leaving the kitchen, they passed through a butler’s pantry.

attachment.php


Josephine brushed her hand across the handle of a wine cooler’s glass door. “This is my ready supply for dinner. The wine cellar is downstairs, of course.”

She opened a door to the left and switched on a light. She smiled at Abi and couldn’t resist a joke, even if only she would get it. “Care to go down with me?”





 

Attachments

  • ICbutler.jpg
    ICbutler.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 8
  • ICfront.jpg
    ICfront.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ICktcn01.jpg
    ICktcn01.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 8
Descending...

“This place was pretty dilapidated when I bought it,” Josephine explained. “I actually spent more totally renovating the house than I paid for the entire property in the first place.”

Getting out of her car, Abi looked at the house as in light of the dusk. “What a beautiful home you have,” Abi exclaimed as she followed Jo into the kitchen. “Wow, this is wonderful, I am so impressed that you did this all yourself. My house was ready to move into. This is really, really nice Jo.” Abi was rather awed. She had absolutely no ability to mange a construction project and in the past whenever it was required she had her husband and then after the marriage failed her older son stepped up and assisted her when necessary. Abigail had skills, but that wasn’t one of them and she was honestly awed at the beautiful home.

"Josephine brushed her hand across the handle of a wine cooler’s glass door. “This is my ready supply for dinner. The wine cellar is downstairs, of course.” She opened a door to the left and switched on a light. She smiled at Abi and couldn’t resist a joke, even if only she would get it. “Care to go down with me?”

“Dinner… ????” Abi could be a little slow on the uptake, “Wine cellar…” She got it… “How funny," Abi smiled, "I think you like alcohol too much Jo!” She said this in jest, but not really. Abi had never really understood the appeal of drinking alcohol and had had a traumatic experience once as a girl with a drunk neighbor. That experience had soured her on alcohol, especially beer. She refused to touch beer and would abruptly leave if she was anywhere where beer was being consumed. But she would from time to time have a little wine, or preferably, Mead! She almost always drank alone and when she was alone she was most likely when she was naked as this was her preferred state when she was by herself. Alcohol therefore also carried that connotation for her and this passed through her mind as she smiled and enthusiastically agreed to follow Jo down into the basement. She mused to herself that she could not just strip off her clothes in order to have a glass of wine in the lovely home of a new friend who was still almost a stranger. But the idea gave her a little tingle as she walked downstairs, being careful on the steps and using both hands on the railing.

They got to the bottom and Jo turned on the lights and Abi looked around.
 
Down to Business



“It’s a Wisconsin thing,” Josephine admitted about drinking as she turned on the lights at the bottom of the stairs, glad she had recently straightened up her office in preparation for the busy end of the semester.

attachment.php


“The wine cellar is under the stairs, back this way.” She led Abi around to the right and opened an oak door to reveal the cool room.

attachment.php


“If I have any mead, it’s back in that cooler. Let me check.”




 

Attachments

  • ICoffice.jpg
    ICoffice.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ICwncool.jpg
    ICwncool.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 5
The basement

Abi blinked in the light. “Wow, this is incredible!” She began to wander around Jo’s study. “Not only is it beautiful with all our books and that TV there and everything, and this gorgeous desk, but it is soooo neat. How in the world do you manage that? My study at home is not nearly so neat. Actually it is rather a huge mess!” She laughed as she looked at a few book titles and then followed Jo into the wine cellar part. “I have to say I am really impressed. You really have a beautiful home Jo. I’d like to return the favor, but I would be embarrassed to show you mine after seeing this. Of course I still have boxes laying around!”

By now Jo was rummaging through the cooler and Abi stood there watching her still looking around.
 
Bottoms up...

"So, find any? If you have any white wine or Rosé that will work too. Just remember I don't drink much so I shouldn't have much or I'll probably pass out and fall asleep!" Abi was amusing herself, "I am so the life of the party!" She giggled. Abi was relaxing in Jo's presence, though the beauty of her home made her want to be very careful not to spill or make any mess.
 
Just a Taste



“Here we go,” Josephine announced as she pulled a bottle from the back of the cooler. It’s monotone label suggested it came from a small craft winery. She deftly extracted the cork with a corkscrew and poured two glasses.

attachment.php


She always enjoyed performing such traditionally masculine tasks when entertaining beautiful women. Again, she reminded herself that she had no reason to think Abi had any interest in that sort of relationship. “Have a taste and make sure it’s okay before we go and relax.”




 

Attachments

  • MeadPic1.jpg
    MeadPic1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 6
A sip...

Abi took a small sip... "Oh it is lovely. I might not be able to stop at a few sips."
 
Looking for Comfort



“I might not be able to stop at a few sips,” Abi suggested after tasting the mead. Josephine decided to wait to mention that she had spotted two more bottles in the cooler. A quick fantasy of getting Abi drunk and trying to take advantage of her flashed through her mind, causing her to literally shake her head slightly to dispel it.

“I’m glad you like it,” Josephine replied sincerely. “Let’s go get comfortable.”

She led Abi out of the wine cellar, back across her office and into a simple den containing an oversized modular sofa facing a gas fireplace with a television mounted above it.

attachment.php


“As I said, make yourself comfortable,” Josephine suggested as she set the mead on the circular coffee table. She walked over and lit the fireplace, then turned back to smile at Abi.



 

Attachments

  • ICbsmnt1.jpg
    ICbsmnt1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 6
Alcohol

Abi sat on the sofa and immediately sunk into it causing her to giggle softly. “Wow the hits keep on coming! Yet another gorgeous room! You should be an interior decorator. I don’t think I will invite you to my house, I would be too embarrassed, you are alike an expert at this and I am a total amateur! Really Jo, it is gorgeous what you have done with your house! It inspires me actually.” By now Jo had poured her a glass of the Mead and Abi picked up the glass and raised it: “Skol!” She put it to her lips and took a sip then put the glass down. She then waited a moment and repeated the same action. “That is really good Mead!” She felt a warm glow inside of her as the alcohol began to do its magic. “Maybe I should explain, I don’t mean to be judgmental and I am not a non-drinker for any kind of moral reasons, for heaven’s sake. But I guess when I was a young woman I made a conscious decision that I always wanted to have my reasoning capabilities at 100% whenever I was out with others. I saw how girls got drunk to escape from taking responsibility, and how guys used alcohol to manipulate the girls into doing things the girls wanted to do secretly but were too afraid to consent to. Alcohol just absolved everyone of responsibility. I also drank enough also to know how it affected me and I didn’t like it. If I decide to do something I am willing to take responsibility for the decision and I won’t be manipulated into behavior, especially by any human with a penis! So, it is nothing personal. And it is just us here, so I am going to try to relax a little, even though relaxing is sort of not in my nature! (She laughed) My old students would tell you that I am always uptight! She took another sip, “But (whispering) that is not true. I tricked them. They just think I am uptight, because that is what I wanted them to think and I work hard to give that impression.” She took another sip and by now she was half finished with her glass. She set the glass down. “I think I need to slow down.”
 
Artistry



The conversation proceeded apace. In response to Abi’s compliments regarding her skills in interior design, Josephine reminded her of her earlier observation that Business Marketing — Josephine’s academic discipline — involved significant amounts of practical art. Of course, as a university professor, Josephine now mostly looked at the statistical side of Marketing, so she needed to express her artistic nature elsewhere.

As Abi began to feel the alcohol, she went on to explain her caution with its use. By the way she rambled, Josephine could tell the mead had already affected her more than its low potency show allow. Josephine wondered if Abi’s reaction included a psychosomatic component. Abi practically and unwittingly admitted as much herself when speaking in a jocular conspiratorial whisper of the “uptight” professional demeanor she assumes.

“But that is not true. I tricked them. They just think I am uptight, because that is what I wanted them to think and I work hard to give that impression.” She took another sip of mead and raised her voice back to a conversational volume. “I think I need to slow down.”

“Nonsense!” Josephine replied instinctively. “You just said you were ‘going to try to relax a little.’ If it’s driving home that you’re worried about, you can spend the night here.”

Self-conscious of the salacious images this last suggestion brought to her mind, Josephine quickly amended this thought, as much for her own sake as for Abi. “I have a guest room.”


 
Attraction

“Terrific!” Abi finished her glass and set it down again on the table. “But what will the neighbors say?” She giggled. Abi felt relaxed and comfortable, more so than she had felt in a very long time. “It is nice here,” she said softly, “thank you for inviting me over.” She looked at Jo, into her eyes. “You have beautiful eyes.” She paused and sighed. “Can I use your bathroom?” Jo pointed her to the bathroom and she grabbed her purse and went in, closed the door, unbuttoned and unzipped her jeans, pulled them down and sat on the toilet. Her panties were moist, she pushed a finger between her legs, she was aroused. “Amazing,” she said to herself. Abi had felt a familiar tingle between her legs earlier even before she had started drinking. And she often mused about how odd it was that her body reacted that way in the strangest of circumstances. But here, she was sure, it was Jo. There was something about Jo, she is confident, articulate, smart and assertive… and probably dominant. This appealed to and excited Abi who was smart and articulate, but struggled with confidence and tried often unsuccessfully to be assertive even though she was naturally not very assertive at all and tended to be rather submissive in a variety of ways, including some that were not terribly healthy for her and had caused her problems in the past. Abi wiped herself, flushed and zipped and refastened her jeans. She washed her hands and looked at herself in the mirror and brushed her hair. She pulled out some lipgloss and then noticed a jar of hand cream and helped herself to a little of that. Then went back out and immediately noticed that Jo had refilled her glass! “Jo, you know what will happen? I’ll just fall over fast asleep if I keep drinking!” She sat and picked up the glass and smiled.
 
Ambiguities



You have beautiful eyes.

Abi had said that. Add that to the comment about the neighbors, and she might have started signaling. On the other hand, these comments might simply be her idea of saucy jokes. In any event, she had Josephine confused. Up until now, Abi had in every way come across as the typical straight family woman, simply lonely after divorce.

Josephine had done her best to avoid expressions of her own wide-ranging sexuality, and to suppress her attraction to Abi. Had Abi discerned it anyway? Perhaps she was simply teasing or, in her loneliness, the alcohol had her thinking of exploring alternatives. If the latter, Josephine refused to take advantage. Nonetheless, upon noticing Abi’s empty glass, she refilled it in keeping with her sense of Badger hospitality. She topped off her own as well, thereby emptying the bottle. Right afterward, Abi returned from the bathroom.

“Jo, you know what will happen?” Abi asked rhetorically as she returned to her place on the wide sofa. “I’ll just fall over fast asleep if I keep drinking!”

Still, she picked up the glass and smiled at her hostess.

“That’d be fine. I’d even bring you breakfast in the morning. Then you could take me back to campus to pick up my car.” Josephine raised her own glass and held it toward Abi. “To new friendships.”

Having placed an emphasis on the last word, to address any suspicions Abi might have for her intentions, Josephine took a long sip of her mead.


 

Attachments

  • ICdiningroom.jpg
    ICdiningroom.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0
  • IClivngrm.jpg
    IClivngrm.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • ICparlor.jpg
    ICparlor.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Moving around

Abi picked up her glass and raised it. “To new friendships!” She clinked glasses with Jo and took a long sip and set down her glass on the table. Abi was feeling a little dizzy and warm from drinking, plus her attraction to Jo was growing. She did not want to come off as forward or desperate and risk ruining what was developing into a nice friendship. “We should do something," she said finally, "why don’t you show me the rest of the house, if that is ok? I am going to leave the rest of mead here though. It is delicious but I am enjoying being awake with you right now, I’ll finish it I promise, eventually!” Abi thought perhaps if she moved around it would energize her a little.
 
Best for Last?



“The best characteristic of this house is the use of windows to bring in the natural beauty of the surrounding fields, woods, and marsh,” Josephine told Abi as they meandered through the ground floor. She had already shown her the rustic dining room, formal living room, and high-ceilinged parlor. They next moved into a room in which plush white furniture faced a fieldstone fireplace in a space otherwise walled with floor to ceiling windows. “Of course, that’s most evident in this conservatory, but I love the way the bookshelves frame the window here in the den. Then... if you’ll peek here into the dinette, you’ll see my favorite place for morning tea.”

She pointed past the small dining table to a long window-seat facing east. “Naturally, it’s all more impressive when it’s light outside. That’s pretty much this whole floor. I don’t know if you want to bother upstairs. All that’s there is my crafting room and, of course, the bedrooms.”


 

Attachments

  • ICsunroom.jpg
    ICsunroom.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ICden.jpg
    ICden.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ICdinette.jpg
    ICdinette.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ICwindowseat.jpg
    ICwindowseat.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1
Looking around...

Abi was kind of awestruck with the house, especially the den and the conservatory. “It’s up to you,” she smiled. “It’s all really nice. Is the conservatory all weather?” she asked and continued to look around. So, what do you do in your crafting room?” Despite having said she would be leaving it in the basement, Abi brought her half filled glass of Mead and took a long sip and finished it off. “That’s all for me, I think.”
 
Privacy

“Can we sit in the Conservatory? Is it private back here? No nosey neighbors around to look in on you? That is one of the things I have in my new house that I really like. It has enough property to be completely private and no one can see into the house from the back at least. That doesn’t mean I can do naked gardening, but I do like the fact that I can keep the curtains and shades up in order to get sun into the house and I still have privacy!”
 
Only Natural



“The nearest neighbor is a quarter mile away and behind a stand of trees,” Josephine assured Abi. She pulled a long match from the wood-box and struck its white phosphorus tip on the rough mantle. It burst into yellow flame.

While some of the house’s fireplaces had gas logs, the fieldstone fireplace in the conservatory required real wood. Still in the suit she wore to campus that morning, Josephine knelt on the hearth and lit the already prepared tinder with a long match. The kindling caught fire almost immediately. She knew only minutes need pass before the dry logs blazed as well.

Standing up, she brushed her stockinged knees with her hands, then smiled at Abi. “I’m a bit overdressed for a relaxing evening in front of the fire. If you’ll excuse me a moment, I’ll go upstairs and — as they say — slip into something more comfortable.”

 
Musing

Abi was standing by one of the windows gazing out into the darkness of the night. She turned as Jo stood from lighting the fire. “Certainly! I’ll entertain myself here.” Jo left and Abi walked around the room. The mead had initially made her feel a little dizzy but that had passed, it also made her feel warm and that had not passed. She yawned and ran her hands over her body as she did. She walked over to the fire and then back to the window. She could not really make out the backyard but was sure it was lovely. She looked up at the sky, but it was cloudy so there was not much moonlight or starlight for that matter. Jo was a fascinating woman, Abi thought, and she began to muse again on Jo’s assertiveness.
 
Attraction

Abi was attracted by assertiveness, and dominance and so she began to feel an attraction to Jo. She thought about some of the men she had been with who were dominant and assertive, first and foremost among was her husband. That had not been good for her. They had turned her into their maid and she heartily resented that. But yet, she felt the attraction and could do nothing about it. She felt the sexual arousal that came with the attraction as well.
 
Sartorial Surrender



Josephine stepped out of her pumps as soon as she reached her bedroom. Next cane off her blazer and skirt, followed by her blouse, cami, and half-slip. This left her in her lace bra, matching garter belt, and stockings.

As a secret decadence, she rarely wore panties, and never pantyhose. She had started that practice in college at the request of her first lover, and continued it even after they broke up. Her ex-husband had taken it for granted but, to Josephine, it seemed an important way to stay in touch with her womanly sexuality. Though now leaning lesbian, she still considered herself completely feminine.

This brought her thoughts to Abi downstairs. Had she signaled some interest? Josephine still suspected she only thought so because she wanted to believe it.

A warm shiver up her spine made Josephine realize her womanhood had dampened with thoughts of having lovely Abi just a few yards away as she stood here in just the skimpiest lingerie. It crossed her mind to simply put on a shear robe and return downstairs like this. She could only dare that, however, with confidence of Abi’s romantic intent. Josephine lacked any such confidence at this time.

So, she removed her remaining clothes and took the opportunity to use the attached bathroom. This prosaic act did nothing to quell her mounting lust as she padded naked back into the bedroom. She looked at the bed. She could probably bring herself to orgasm in under five minutes if she tried, and felt tempted to do so, but even that would leave her guest waiting too long.

She moved to her dresser. Something in fleece would best match what Abi wore, but not Josephine’s mood. Even satin pajamas did not appeal to her. She wanted something a bit sexy, but not so much so that it would make Abi uncomfortable. She decided on a luxurious blue silk chemise and matching robe she had ordered on a splurge from Bloomingdale's and only worn once or twice before. Wanting to keep the look simple, she did not bother with slippers when she returned downstairs.

Finding Abi standing at the windows staring out into the darkness, Josephine cleared her throat. “I just realized how thoughtless I’m being... getting all comfortable while you’re still in your day clothes. You’re a bit taller than me, but I’m sure I have nighties and robes that would fit you if you want to change.”

 
Fateful suggestion accepted

At the sound of Jo’s voice, Abi was interrupted from her musings and turned to look towards the door. The sight of Jo in the blue silk chemise and matching robe made Abi catch her breath. Scanning her from her feet upwards Abi felt a wave of desire course through her body. “You are beautiful,” Abi said softly and breathlessly as she stood rooted by the window.

“I just realized how thoughtless I’m being... getting all comfortable while you’re still in your day clothes. You’re a bit taller than me, but I’m sure I have nighties and robes that would fit you if you want to change.”

The suggestion increased Abi’s arousal. She imagined herself presenting herself to Jo with only a light robe, letting it drop and revealing her nakedness. “Uh…” Abi wondered if perhaps she should simply excuse herself and go home. She could relieve her sexual tension at home alone, though she also knew she probably wouldn’t wait to get home before she opened up her jeans as she drove. “Well….” Abi felt nervous. She had just met Jo. Was it appropriate to lounge with Jo in sleep ware - in sexy sleep wear?!?P perhaps they were moving quicker towards being more intimate than what was appropriate for their professional relationship. She looked at Jo's body, her sparkling eyes took in a deep nervous breath. “I… I would… if you have something comfortable that would fit me.” She said finally, blushing as she spoke. Propriety be damned, she thought as she moved towards Jo.
 
Last edited:
Sartorial Sharing



You are beautiful.

Had Abi said that? It appeared that way to Josephine, but she had not so much heard the words as read her lips. The crackle of the fire and Josephine’s own voice offering to lend her comfortable clothes had drowned out Abi’s soft statement.

Abi spoke louder when then responding about the clothing. “I would… if you have something comfortable that would fit me.”

“My sweats and pajamas are probably too short for you in the arms and legs,” Josephine explained as Abi crossed the room toward her. The eye contact made her loins ache, but she still not dare to act, lest she offend her new friend through mistaken impressions caused by wishful thinking. So, she simply finished her original offer. “But I have some longer nighties and robes that should be fine. My bedroom is the one on the right at the top of the stairs. The closet is in the alcove next to the bathroom. Help yourself.”

 

Attachments

  • ICmaster.jpg
    ICmaster.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1
Getting comfortable

Abi nervously climbed the stairs to Jo’s bedroom, using the handrail as always. The light by the bed was already on, but she found the light switches and turned a few more lights on, including the ones in the little alcove where the walk-in closet was. She looked through the nightgowns hanging in the closet. There was one that was sheer, she pulled it out and looked at it. She could imagine herself wearing it, her body exposed and visible through the sheer fabric. The thought intensified the tingle between her legs that had been growing throughout the evening. Not yet. She put it back. There were some other rather sexy ones and each one tempted her, but eventually she came upon a dark purple chemise with lace trim. It looked nice and not too suggestive. Next she picked out a robe from several possibilities. The robe and the chemise didn’t really match, but Abi thought they worked together well enough.

Abi lay the garments on the bed and pulled off her sweatshirt. She was braless. If she were working she would never have considered going to work without a bra, but today she was just organizing her office and had not expected to see anyone, and besides she hated wearing a bra. It felt nice to be out of that sweatshirt finally which she folded and lay neatly on the bed. Then she unsnapped and unzipped her jeans and pushed them off her hips. She had to sit on the bed to pull them off of her legs. She stood now wearing only her footies and simple white cotton panties and she folded the jeans and lay then with her sweatshirt. She ran both hands over her body, squeezing her breasts, brushing over her nipples and moving them down her tummy. She slipped a hand between her legs. Her panties were wet, not just moist, but obviously wet. She slipped her hands under the elastic and pushed them down until they fell to her ankles. She stepped out of them and bent over to pick them up. It felt nice to be naked. She pushed her hand back between her legs running the hand over the slightly trimmed mound of dark pubic hair until she slipped a finger between her labia. She moaned softly, pulled her finger out and wiped the moisture on her nipples. Then she went into the adjoining bathroom. Two glasses of mead had filled her bladder again, so she relieved herself, washed her hands and ran her brush back through her hair. She walked back into the bedroom naked and admired herself in the full-length mirror before she finally pulled on the chemise over her naked body. Leaving the footies on, she next slipped on the robe and went to tie it in front but then but decided to leave it hanging open.

She walked down the stairs, carefully and slowly, and then into the conservatory. The robe was hanging open and she wore the chemise that came down to the middle of her thigh and hugged her body. “I think this one fits nicely, what do you think?”
 

Attachments

  • 11121033_fpx.tif.jpg
    11121033_fpx.tif.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 10060535_fpx.jpg
    10060535_fpx.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
Stoking the Fire



After Abi went upstairs, Josephine tended the fire. She squatted in front of the hearth and, based on extensive experience, used a poker to arrange the logs to burn efficiently. Then she put the poker back in its rack and relished the increased heat bathing the front of her now lightly clothed body.

It matched the heat in her loins. In her crouched position, with her feet beneath her and knees spread wide, the silk chemise had ridden up her thighs. The fire’s warmth bathed her womanhood. She could not resist slipping a finger down there, sighing sensuously as it caressed her now sodden folds.

She thought of Abi. She had met the woman only hours earlier, but already felt affection for her. She longed to ease this new friend’s loneliness with more than mere companionship. She unconsciously licked her lips as she thought how it might feel and taste to kiss Abi, to tongue her nipples, and to lick her most intimate flesh.

Fortunately, the old farmhouse had creaky stairs. With one last soft moan, Josephine quickly withdrew her finger from inside herself, and stood and turned before Abi entered the room. Josephine rubbed her fingers together to try to dissipate her juices upon them.

“I think this one fits nicely,” Abi declared. She wore one of Josephine’s favorite nighties under a plush but open robe. “What do you think?”

“I like how it fits you,” Josephine replied. Indeed, the blue satin chemise, fit for her shorter frame, exposed most of Abi’s shapely legs. The silver robe framed her lovely body. Josephine took a step toward the couch to the right of the fireplace, then paused. “I know you’re not that much into drinking, but the fire is perfect for another bottle of mead, or.... Have you ever had mulled wine?”

 
Back
Top