gijoe downtime (closed to kohona xavier19

After stretching I relaxed against the couch in thought. My shirt still pulled up a little behidn me and now in the front. "Hmmm....Mostly MMORPGS or racing games or Mario Kart...Even Legend of Zelda stuff or Final Fantasy series..." I said. Then blushing a bit at how much of a dork I must sound. "A lot of the games are all from our homes. As well as the consoles. We get our regular holiday visits homes. Which is nice. It gives us a chance to see our family, bring back pictures, or movies, or games, or music...things like that." I smiled as I said that.
 
"So...I will get leave home?" I asked turning my head back towards the cabinet to browse all the covers. Each one of them had a sharpie mark to denote their original owners. I did find a Final Fantasy game with Roman numeral XIII that I took out from its place and held it above my shoulder for Sam to see. "Ho about this one?"

Games such as this were not really my tye. I did not hate the series, I just did not perfer them. My favorite were shooters such as Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3 or zombies like Left 4 Dead but I dd not want to impose my thoughts against Sam. T was her choice to play so that is what we will play and maybe I wil get a hang with it.
 
"Final Fantasy 13, huh...." I said as I stared at it. It had my name on it's case. Most of the MMORPGS did. For the longest while it was how I survived my time here. "Most of my games are all one players, kid....What about you?" I asked him curiously. Head tilting to the side. "What game do you feel like playing?" I asked. I knew of some of the other games in there, like MW3 or B3 or L4D and the like. I've played them a few times, though I must admit I did like going a little trigger happy on Halo and I got mad hyper off Jack and Daxter. But when it came to L4D...Well I wasn't that into Zombies. Don't get me wrong, I loved Zombieland and I'm the only reason the DVD is here on the base...but sometimes I did tend to have nightmares from them. I wasn't a very pretty sight when I had a nightmare mixed with a panicked attack from waking up in the rec room alone in the dark. It often resulted getting lost in the corridors or cowering in a corner crying. More often than not I was always somehow rescued by Snake. As embarrassing as it was each and everytime it happened. But that's beside point! And that information I plan to take to my grave by the way.
 
"Well, I'm up for something new. Why not show me how this works?" Popping open the tray andfeeding the Final Fantasy game inside. Once the console read the disc and displayed the image I grabbed one of the controllers and retreated to the couch and plopped down on the couch where the air deflated from the foam cushion is a "whoosh". Handing over the controller to Sam I said "is th movie anything lik the games?"
 
"Movie? Oh! You mean Final Fantasy Advent?" I ask smiling. I make sure I'm logged in under my user on the PS3. After that I go to my last save spot and start playing as I relax against the arm of the couch. "I don't actually know. I've heard great things about it. But I've never actually watched it before. I should though...watch it I mean." I said with a slight smile.
 
I catch the smile on hers lips but don't know what it meant as the game began, "so...what is this game all about?" Being totally in the blind about the game's plot and characters. Sam began to explain it in simple terms soi could catch on as. She began to play, pointing out some of the sights and reasoning to the game's logic. For the most part I followed along and was intent on learning because to forge a good relationship iyou had to know how others functioned and thought.
 
"Well...The game takes place in the fictional floating world of Cocoon, whose government, the Sanctum, is ordering a purge of civilians who have supposedly come into contact with Pulse, the much-feared world below. The former soldier Lightning," I pause to point her out in the game and on the case of the game, "begins her fight against the government in order to save her sister," I pause again to point her out on the case, "who has been branded as an unwilling servant to a god-like being from Pulse, making her an enemy of Cocoon. Lightning is soon joined by a band of allies, and together the group also become marked by the same Pulse creature. They rally against the Sanctum while trying to discover their assigned task and whether they can avoid being turned into monsters or crystals at the completion." I say. Explaining the game and then making pointers on the side, pointing out the places, the games logic...ect. All in all, it was a pretty peaceful resting period.

Scarlett walked into the gym and went right for the treadmill. Her book in her hand as usual. Setting her book up in a position where it could stay propped open for her, she makes sure her ponytail is in place and tightened before turning on the treadmill and beginning her workout. Her eyes scanning over the books pages one at a time as she ran in place on the treadmill. Breathing deeply through her nose.
 
Rip Cord and Duke had just concluded an hour long game of basketball and coated I. Perspiration, however, when he walked past one of the doors to the gym, he suddenly felt his body rejuvinated in seeing the redhead bouncing on the treadmill by herself.

"Rip? Rip?" Duke carefully nudged his shoulder, "whatcha doing?"

"Nothing, man" Rip responded turned his head away from the door an looking at his cared friend.

"Bullsit, you're stil on about Red. Come on, you know she's got her eyes set on Snake."

Rip was not intimidated by the mention of the silent master, "So what? I flew a Black Raven at Mach six and saved Moscow and D.C, by myself!" He was very proud of that, of course he rased the tempo to try and win the argument. "The man doesn't talk and I don't see him most of the time so, i'd figure if he won't make a move then I will."

Before Rip could enter the gym Duke tacked on "You're cruisin' for a bruisen' you know that right?"
 
Through the open door of the gym, Scarlett could hear Duke and Rip talking. She kept her eyes on her book and listened carefully to every word. "Come on, you know she's got her eyes set on Snake." She heard Duke say. Scarlett rolled her eyes. What everyone didn't know, was that she was actually trying to help Sam and Snake get together. She knew how much her friend cared for the guy and that made her even more determined to get them together. Rip boasting brings her from her thoughts and she sighs to herself as she hears him coming for the door to the Gym. Scarlett doesn't look up or to him as Rip joins her but Duke walks on.
 
As he enters the gym Rip quickly wipes off the sweat from his head to feign that he was fresh, but his soaked shirt proved otherwise. Jumping onto the the treadmill adjacent to Scarlett he switched it on and began running at a decent pace. "Hey, what's up? How's it going?" Slightly panting between words as fatigue quickly caught up to him.

Duke went on, lightly shaking his head at his friends attempt. Ever since he first laid eyes on the redhead Rip has tried to woo her, but though proved his mettle Scarlett always seemed just out of reach.
 
"Just doing a bit of running before I go meet up with Sam." She said. Glancing over from the corner of her eyes for a quick second before looking back to her book. "You really sould have gone and rehydrated first with Duke. Maybe even washed up and rested before coming to do this after a game of hoops." Scarlett says.
 
Realizing he had been figured out Rip played it off quickly, "C'mon I can do it. Just some running. We could do a 10K run evey week." It was a lie but he continued to roll with it as Scarlett continued to run. "Whatcha reading?" In their first meeting the circumstances were similar with them running on treadmills but now it was just the two of them.Looking at the printed lines of her book he could not discern what they were saying thus he waited for her to explain.
 
Scarlett shakes her head a little bit at him and chuckles slightly. Questioned about her book, she turns her head to look at him. "It's called In Honor." She said. "It's about a girl named Honor who gets her brother's letter from Iraq, three days after learning her brother's death. Devastated, she interprets his note as a final request and spontaneously sets off to California to fulfill it. At the last minute, she's joined by her brother's former best friend, Rusty, who is the last person Honor wants to be with because he's cocky and obnoxious, just like she remembers him, and because she hasn't forgiven him for turning his back on Finn, her brother, when Finn enlisted. But their road trip ends up revealing more than the desert landscape. While they cover the dusty miles in Finn's beloved 1967 Chevy Impala, the long-held resentments begin to fade, and Honor and Rusty struggle to come to terms with the loss they share. And as their memories of Finn merge to create a new portrait, Honor's eyes are opened to a side of her brother she never knew-a side that shows her the true meaning of love and sacrifice." She says. Turning off her treadmill and jumping off to the side. Dabbing herself with her towel as she bookmarks her page and closes the book. "Any more questions? Or are you ready to continue thinking that I'm trying to steal away Sam's crush on the Silent Master himself?" She says. Turning with her book in hand and her towel.
 
For a moment Rip was stunned into silence as his hands gripped the handle bars of the treadmill lifting up his feet and carrying them off to the sides. "Damn, you're a walking advertisement for Amazon, you know that?" Trying to be coy with her. He turned off the treadmill and walked close to her, "you say your trying to help Sam put te moves on the ninja...?" And his mind flashed with some ideas, "well, that means that you have given up in your attempts?" Words like that would have resulted in a man being decked by Scarlett as she curled the book up to her chest acting as a shield somewhat to his words.
 
Scarlett's eye twitched a little as she hugged the book to her chest a little then turned and quickly decked him one. "Joes don't give up. I'm not giving up. I'm still gonna try and set them together. Just annoys me everyone thinks I'm after him." She said. Brushing loose strands of hair out of her face as she headed towards the shower.
 
Grunting with all the air being forced out from his luns Rip hunched forward with his eyes clamped shut. it hurt, yes, but it was a love tap compared to what Scarlett could. Still standing, staggering rip tried several tense seconds to breathe as Scarlett looked on rather amused as he fought through being punched.

"Why...." he coughed hard. She took it to mean why would she hit him, but did not respond immediately. It was not until Rip could at last stand upright and look into her emerald green eyes that he could complete his question, "why are you so intent on the two of them?" Andwaited for a much harder impact and slid his hands to cover his groin.
 
"Because. Haven't you seen the way the kid is around him? Did you know she's been the only one to be in and out of his room? While the rest of us sleep and she wakes up frightened from a nightmare and falls into a panick attack, did you know that Snake has always been the one to swoop in and calm her down?" Scarlett says. Setting her hands on her hips with her book. "The kid deserves to be happy, Rip. Sam's only nineteen. A girl her age shouldn't be here doing what we do. She sould be out there. Having fun with her friends, going clubbing, making mistakes, falling in love, falling out of love, hanging out at the beach, tanning at the pool side..." Scarlett shrugs her shoulders a little in defeat with him. "She just deserves the chance to get to be a kid. Nineteen and brought here right after highschool. She's been here a year, Rip. A year....I just want her to be happy. She cries everytime she gets letters from home." Scarlett turns and starts to walk away. "Oh! And if you breath a word about any of this to her, I'll get you where it hurts the most!!"
 
Rip had seen Red upset but never angry. Her words caught him off guard and shamed him to silence. When she left he looked around to find no one there and carefully nursed his way out still feeling the pain in his stomach. The way she went on about Sam...something piqued his interested. Rip knew something about Scarlett; being a genius and graduating college at 12, but that in itself may be the it nursing himself back to his room it dawned on him that Scarlett was trying to cover for Sam and make her happy...to make up for her life. Being a graduate at age 12 may make you a genius but it would sure be lonely being surrounded by 18-19 year olds.

Sitting on his bunk bed underneth Duke Rip carefully removed his boots when he heard a muffled voice calling out from above, "struck out?"

"Just for the inning" Rip replied.
 
Breaking off from Lennox after a while of playing, I left him to play whatever game he pleased and I was sure he knew how to reate his own user though I offered to let him play mine if he didn't feel comfortable enough making his own. Idly wondering the corridors in thought, I think back to my mom. My older sister, my three little sisters, and my two brothers. I missed them all. I missed my mother and my grandma. My two dogs and my cat. I never once imagined having to be without them for so long. Folding my hands behind my head, I pause one of my hands and frowned. I looked pale. I missed the sun. I missed going to the beach and the pool.

Sighing, I decided to loop my thumbs through my belt loop. head tilted back as I walked. Still lost in thought about home and things I missed and wished I could do. I didn't like looking so pale.
 
Snake emerged from his room and carefully walked through the corridor. He was encased his black uniform, and carried with his katana sheathed on his back. He was a very imposing person, though never speaking a word when people saw him they were intimidated into silence by the many stories of his strength and abilities but many also question his past and his loyalties because he was a spook in the sense.

He had no where in particular to go, just to stretch his legs after meditation. As he went Joes went by unbeknownst to his presence. It was always like this.

Taking a turn his eyes, hidden behind a visor that resembled a knight's with horizontal slits, found a figure standing in his way with her back to him. It was not Scarlett but he immeditately knew whom it was; Sam.

She continued to stretch and run her thumbs along her pant line as he walked up behind her silent. Not intentionally it was just how he went.
 
I stretched a little and as I did, my shirt lifted up a little and exposed some of my skin. With another yawn, I reached up and let my hair down. Shaking my hair out a little, I ran my fingers through my black locks and gave a sigh. Sometimes I wished Hawk had put a pool in this place with a tanning light. That or a sun room. Anything for a good tan. Tilting my head back as I stretched, I was suddenly met with a figure clad in black. I let out a startled scream and turned around quickly. Falling back and stumbling to my butt on the ground. "Ow..." I rubbed near my thighs a little and looked up again. It was Snake. My eyes went wide and my whole face went beat red with embarrassment. "S-Snake! I-I didn't know you were behind me...Y-You should have tapped my shoulder or something..." I say. Stumbling over my words a little bit.
 
Holding up his hands to chest high he stood still for a moment. Looking down at the fearful Sam and offered a hand to hoit her back onto her feet. It was a common occurence for people to be surprised or startled by the appearence of the silent master and when Sam was put back on her feet he gave a silent nod then carefully walked past her. He was continuing his walk though the maze of corridors and he left Sam there.

He knew all about Sam but he did not say, or make sign language, to that effect. Like her he had many pent up memories, mostly of heart break from when he was a child but also after words. Through his life he had know death of family and friends, he could not fend it off, it alway followed him, even through the corridors of the PIT.
 
I took his offered hand and I swear my heart rate picked up. "Um, thanks." I said with a gentle smile. When he walks by. I turned to look after him and I frowned. I really wished he speak to me or use his sign language. It wasn't like I wouldn't understand it. I had to learn it for JROTC and because one of my best friends is deaf. Sighing, I hurried after him. "Snake!" I hurried after him and lightly placed a hand on his arm. Stopping him, I smiled and then using my hands and sign language, I tell him, Thank you for helping me up. I'm sorry I screamed and I'm pretty embarrassed I fell like that. I guess even after a year I'm still getting use to being easily startled. I pause for a moment as I think then blush as my stomach rumbles. But it gives me an idea and I ask, Would you like to come eat with me? My hands return to my side as I wait for him to answer. I know I could have just asked with my voice, but I wanted him to know...I wanted him to know I could understand him. I didn't want him to be afraid to talk with me. I wanted him to open up. Even if it was just a little bit. But it was better than nothing.
 
Last edited:
For a moment he stood still, eyes behind the visor looking down at Sam. He understood everything she was saying and was contemplating. In the back of his mind he remebered what scarlett had said to him long ago about how to be happy. For all his trainingand skill he always tried to keep people at arms length. It was not because he hated them it was for their own good. Because of so many deaths in his life he always felt that it was better not to keep people close for their death would always cause heartache, but he remembered what scarlett said, "If you die and have no one, who will know if you die?"

Sam was silent for a moment and the two just looked at one another then snake relented and gave a simple nod to her request.
 
I gave a smile and walked along side of him towards the mess hall. I tried to think of something to say to make small talk and was getting frustrated that nothing came up. So I decided I would speak my mind. Tapping his arm, I started to do sign language again once he was looking to me. Penny for your thoughts or voice, Snake? It can't be healthy to continue keeping to yourself. It isn't going to hurt to let someone else in... I looked up at him with sad eyes. Talk to me, Snake. Tell me what's going through your mind...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top