gijoe downtime (closed to kohona xavier19

The explosion shrouded the viewers lense and then the feed cut out. Duke growled and knew immediately what it was. "Try to get the individual feeds back up," he shouted. Already the techs were on it.

Through the smoke and haze Scarlett charged down the corridor, one hand holding up to shield her mouth from the debris and came upon her friend lying partially underneth some dry wall. Kneeling down she touched her mouth and felt breath and saw her chest rise and fall. She was alive, but her injuries were unknown. "Duke, I got one down," Scarlett replied, "She's unconcious but alive. I'm evacing now. Snake is...."

There was no need to say what Snake was doing, he was already at work. The corridor was lined, the whole building, he discovered, was rigged to blow. Sam had tripped one charge, but the others, for some reason, didn't blow. Scarlett examined Sam and quickly picked her up and wisked her out of there as another muffled explosion shook the building to its foundation. This whole place was going up!

"Hustle out of there!" Duke shouted.

"What does it look like we're doing!" Scarlett shouted back as she ran as fast as her legs could carry her.
 
Covering her mouth and nose as she hurried to the room Sam was in, she spoted the girl lying unconscious under some debris. Moving the debris aside, she looked Sam over and made sure the girl was breathing. The last thing they needed was for the girl to die on them. Especially no one was going to want to tell Snake that she had passed. Thankful that the girl was breathing, she looked her over quickly but didn't take time note any injuries. "Let's hope her arm isn't any worse than it already was...bad enough it was broken and on the mend..." She mutters to herself. All the while Duke shouting in her ear piece. "I'm working on it!" She would yell back at him while picking Sam up and then getting her out of there. Stumbling a bit as another explosion went off but had regained her balance quickly and hurried out of the building while Snake finished up. "Move it, Snake!" She said in a bit of a panic. No one wanted Sam to die and no one wanted Snake to bite the dust either.

Getting Sam back to the others, she laid the girl down in the back and looked at the others. "We need to get back and now!"
 
"Move your ass!" Duke roared.

"I'm going!" Scarlett huffed as she ferried the limp Sam out of the building as the explosions continued. Scarlett managed to get her team outside of the building as the explosions reverberated throughout the entire foundation.

"It's coming down!" Ripcord shouted as his team moved away from the site.

Jumping inside their vehicle Scarlett was in teh driver's seat and gunned the engine into reverse with her head twisted back looking as she rolled out of the area. Snake wasn't with them, but she knew where he was. The ninja was pulling off the impossible to try and slavage anything from this mission.

Inside the PIT Duke, Dial Tone and the others were watching in awe as the building was blown and slowly began to collaspe. A thick cloud of dark gray dust billowed away from the structure as it began to sink into its foundation. It was over in a matter of seconds. "Get Red back on line," Duke growled, "I want a accurate head count and have them RTB," return to base.
 
After minutes, things were back online and the team was on their way back to the PIT. Everyone was accounted for, except for Snake, who did send in his signal to let them all know he was alive. Halfway back to the PIT, Sam would groan a little in the back and slowly open her eyes. Her whole head was hurting. Her body ached everywhere. She couldn't bring herself to wanna move in the least bit and her voice was weak. "Where....where is Snake....."
 
Snake wasn't with the group, but he was still online. With the building gone there ws a mass conversion of emergency personnel to the site as the area was evacuated. Fortunately the teams were able to slip under the radar. Snake used his wrist computer to tap out a text message that was sent to Dialt Tone back in the PIT, "I'm mobile." That was the extent of his communication thus far. With the building gone it left Duke scartching his head as he tried to determine Cobra's angle.

When the teams arrived back in the PIT there was Doc and Lifeline already waiting there for them to administer to Sam. Scarlett watched her go as she was wisked away in a stretcher. Rubbing her head in pain she couldn't understand it all as the memories began to come back as she coughed out a bit of dust. Ripcord joined her, "Is she alright?"

"Yeah, she may have banged up her arm again, but she's awake, so, that's a good sign," Scarlett gave a half smile. For them, they were not able to get much of anything and worse yet, she was kicking herself for allowing herself and her team for falling right into the trap. "I should've seen it coming. I'm smarter than this" fussing as she slammed a balled fist into a empty table. Ripcrod was able to restrain her with a wrap of one arm around her shoulders.

"Take it easy," he said, "You couldn't have seen it and you got your team out alive. Don't kick yourself for that. It couldve been worse. You made it out and you got Sam out."
 
Last edited:
Sam would never get the message or hear Dial Tone tell it to her. Same had once again passed out in the back seat of the van. When the team arrived back in the PIT there was Doc and Lifeline already waiting there for them to administer to Sam. Scarlett watched as her friend was wisked away in a stretcher. Rubbing her head in pain she couldn't understand it all as the memories began to come back as she coughed out a bit of dust. Ripcord soon joined her side. "Is she alright?"
"Yeah, she may have banged up her arm again, but she's awake, so, that's a good sign," Scarlett gave a half smile. For them, they were not able to get much of anything and worse yet, she was kicking herself for allowing herself and her team for falling right into the trap. "I should've seen it coming. I'm smarter than this!" Angry, she slammed a balled fist into a empty table. Ripcrod was able to restrain her with a wrap of one arm around her shoulders.
"Take it easy," he said. "You couldn't have seen it and you got your team out alive. Don't kick yourself for that. It could've been worse. You made it out and you got Sam out."


It felt like I had slept for hours. Everything was hurting. Even my already broken arm. I couldn't bring my eyes to open for the moment but I could hear what sounded like a heart monitor beeping somewhere in the distance. Or close by. I couldn't tell yet. But everything and everyone sounded so far away. And I just felt so tiered.....was it bad that I just wanted to sleep? I couldn't remember ever feeling so tiered.
 
As Sam was coming to she was hooked up to the heart monitor and Doc was in the room with her. He was a lean, tall black man with very short black hair and a soft demeanor with his patients. Going over to the machine and reading the signs he looked at her with those dark brown eyes, "How do you feel, Sam?" he asked with a smile. "You're lucky. Your arm is not bad but you suffered a mild concussion. Nothing serious but you're going to be bed ridden for awhile." It might have not been good news for her as Sam was a woman of action, but she was in no place to argue with the doctor. Standing outsdie the room Scarlett had been waiting rather impatiently when Doc emerged to give her the good news. The redhead entered the room trying hard not to smile. Unlike Sam Scarlett had a hard life and had repressed alot of her joys and memories to keep herself focused.

Standing at the foot of the bed she looked over her friend as her casted arm was still there at her side, "How are you feeling?" Scarlett asked her.

For me, when I heard the team was back I was joyful then came news that they suffered a casualty and that the target building was gone. Because we were in the PIT the whole time we couldn't get a straight answer until I found Ripcord and he, well, had a motor mouth. From him we learned the COBRA had wired the entire building to blow and that Sam was wounded, but not severely and that Scarlett saved her life by scoooping her, "And, you know, she's running out of there as fast as she can" Ripcord began mimicking the run in a rather over dramatic way as we gathered in the motorpool. It was hilarious to say the least. Scarlett was stern but she could care at least to save one of her own.
 
I opened my eyes and listened to Doc but felt too tiered and too drugged to say anything to him. Or to even argue. I could see Scarlett at the doorway but I couldn't care to keep my eyes open once Doc had finished talking. My eyes fell closed again before I felt Scarlett hugging me. Making me flinch a bit in pain from contact. I relaxed when she let me go. "I feel tiered.....Really tiered. Like everything hurts to move..." I told her best I could. My throat was raw. Kinda like when you just get up from bed in the morning... "I'm sorry Scarlett....I don't know what happened...I didn't even notice. They shouldn't have known we were coming....they couldn't have been a step ahead of us...." I told her with a cough before painfully making myself sit up. No more sleeping. I needed to focus.
"Sam, take it easy. Doc's gonna have your head if you push yourself...." I shook my head and leaned back against the pillows once I was sitting up and forced myself to keep awake.
"Scarlett....something isn't right. COBRA couldn't have known we were coming. SOMEONE had to have tipped them off."
 
Someone ma have tipped them off, but there was no way to find out, at least right now because Duke was trying to sort through everything. Dial Tone and the other techs were going through all of the data to try and find any trace of whom it may be.

Putting DT on this task Duke went to go speak with Sam and Scarlett as the two were still in the formers' room in the infirmary. The prospects were still positive considering but when teh hard chiseled blonde haired blue eyed Duke reached them he was n ot pleased in the slighest, but did not bark at the two as neither of it were their fault, he was perturbed that their operation was somehow leaked to the outside. "How's your arm?" Duke asked in a rather low growl. That was an attempt to break the ice. "JSnake Eyes is on his way back. He was unable to find anything valuable inside the building before it was destroyed. It appears that Cobra knew that we were coming and cleaned house and set it up to kill us all when we went in. It was only by Scarlett's quick nature that everyone wasn't buried until a ton of shit."

Scarlett looked at him with her arms acrossed tightly round her chest trying not to smile at his compliment as he went on. "He'll be back in an hour or so."
 
Before Scarlett had much of a chance to answer me, Duke was already storming into the infirmary. I could see he didn't look happy and wanted someone to scream at. For a moment I got scared he had come to give me shit, but he seemed like he was trying to keep in check of himself the moment he passed into my room. "How's your arm?" He asked. Stunning me slightly.
"Uh...Doc said nothing's broken. Just a mild concussion..." I said as loud as I could manage myself to be without it hurting.
"Snake Eyes is on his way back. He was unable to find anything valuable inside the building before it was destroyed." I nodded my head a little. Glad that Snake Eyes was coming home. "It appears that Cobra knew that we were coming and cleaned house."
"So it was set up to kill us...." I muttered.
"It was only by Scarlett's quick thinking that everyone got out alive." I could see Scarlett look at him and fold her arms over her chest. She was trying to not smile.
"Hey, I get credit too! I warned everyone just before the first explosion...." I said with a slight pout as I laid back in my bed.
 
Duke merely brushed off Sam's tacked on comment as he turned to the redhead, "DT is running through the data. Why don't you go up there and join her and see what you can find out." Scarlett flicked her eyes as Sam and then at Duke, uncertain of something before nodding her head slightly and leaving the room. Doc was just outside, skimming through his papers as the latest test resultes were coming back. With the mild concussion the treatment was simple for Sam to take it easy for a cuple weeks. She was already suppose to be doing that with her busted arm but she was too stubborn, maybe now she'll learn.

Ripcord and I were still together in the motorpool as he continued to spell out the event, still carrying on his over dramatic recreation. It was obvious he had a thing for Scarlett, a lot of men and i'm sure alot of women did to, but Ripcord did not hide his affections. I heard that he put the moves on her the moment he arrived at the PIT, however as he continued to show the event where Scarlett was bringing out Sam from the building with Sam limp in her arms Ripcord laughed for some reason and turned around to see the stern faced redhead standing there with her arms crossed at her chest and one finger lightly tapping the opposite forearm.

"Hi" I said with a bit of laughter in my tone as Ripcord was looking at her wide eyed and stammering to response.
 
After Sam left and Duke brushed off my comment, I sighed and didn't exactly like the idea of being left in the room with someone who wasn't happy with me or willing to give me credit where it was due. Looking away from Duke as I carefully laid back down and settled back in for some more rest, I carefully got onto my side that didn't involve laying on my already hurt. It also left my back to Duke.

Scarlett walked into the Motorpool and found Ripcord over dramatically reinacting the events from earlier. She raised a brow at him and folded her arms over her chest as she looked at him. Her finger lightly tapping her forearm. Once Ripcord noticed her, he was stammering for a response. Scarlett's eyes shifted to Lennox for a moment before looking back to Ripcord. "Hey."
 
As much as Ripcord liked Scarlett whenever the two were together the black man, for all his build and stamina, was just a blubbering mess that it was even better than the story he was trying to tell earlier.

"Ah, well, you know, I was just telling..the guys..." but in twisting hs head back there was only myself there and I didn't really want to help him as he kept digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole and wondered how he could get himself out of it.

"Help me out, dawg Ripcord said out the side of his mouth.

"No, you're doing just fine on your own," I replied.

Duke muttered something under his breath and marched out of Sam's room and was confronted by Doc with his prognosis. Because of her persistant doings of ignoring his orders Doc felt that she was not fit for field duty at least for six weeks until her arm was properly healed. Duke knew that this wouldn't settle in well for Sam but he had to find a duty for her that she could accomidate herself in nicely and tought of Dial Tone.
 
I could hear them talking outside my door and I felt tears slip down cheeks. No more field work for me. Duke was angry at me for whatever reason. Hawke would hear of what happened and I feared even more for my job now. Six weeks....that's how long I had to be off field work. I couldn't do any hacking with a broken arm. Well apparently not as sufficient as when I have the use of both my hands. I couldn't take this. Pulling the blanket up over my head, I started to cry. I didn't want to loose my job here. I didn't want to be discharged. I didn't want to go back home to my family. I missed them and all....but I mostly didn't want to leave Snake. My life was a nightmare! I couldn't believe it. I could hardly figure out how this all happened. And so quickly too. Was my life in the PIT over?

"Ah, well, you know, I was just telling...the guys..." Scarlett kept her hands on her hips as she arched a brow at him. As much as she Ripcord liked her, he still became a stuttering idiot in front of her. In what looked like a panic, he looked over to Lennox. "Help me out, dawg."
"No....you're doing just fine on your own." Lennox told him. The kid had learned quick here of what not to do to piss Scarlett off. The fiery red head cleared her throat and glared at Ripcord.
"I'd stop while you're ahead Ripcord...."
 
He would have learend to do that, but in looking her over just found it so difficult in how to do it because in their first meeting he had already expressed his feelings, but Scarlett didn't reciporcate, but kept dangling by that thread that there was hope. "I was just explaining to Lennox here...how...how you saved Sam...you know?"

I already knew that story but Scarlett didn't seemed to be veryentertained by that. Sam was in the infirmary though she wasn't out of action she was going to be placed on the sidelines. Duke was still furious and Hawk, when given the final report was even more so, but the final word came down that Sam would stay. The only what she was ever going to be leaving the PIT for good was either she was too old to move or in a body bag, but it nearly came to that.

When Duke returned to Dial Tone had told the computer geek the new situation. "am is going to be with you for a good six weeks or until Doc gives her a clean bill of health to go back onto field duty. can you give her something to do?"

"Yeah, I mean, it's not that hard," DT smiled, "She can still type with one hand right?" as she talked she lifted up her right hand and rolled her fingers. "Besides, I could use some more female company here."
 
I smiled a little at Dial Tone and nodded my head as I sat down with him. "Yeah, I guess...." I said. I waited till it was just me and Dial Tone sitting here before pulling my knees to my chest and lowering my head so my forehead rested on my knees. I was envious. DT would still get to go out with the team in the van and do the field stuff. Get to be out in the action and have fun. Me? I was stuck here...With everyone mad at me and talking of me as if I am to blame for things or as if I am a victim. This was depressing....
 
DT was a fun loving woman, he was a nerd and spent most ofher time at the computers calculating data and having another women round was defiantely better than all the other nerds that were googly eyes at her.

Scarlett and I were still talking with the stymied Ripcord whom had blusing cheeks when he realized his perdictament was profound.

"Where's Sam?" Ripcord asked.

"Duke's putting her on light duty with DT until her arm mends. Course, she doesn't like it that well."

"DT is a good woman, they'll get along just fine," Ripcord replied.

"Yeah, well, keep it in your pants, big guy," Scarlett replied to him with a half smile knowing his prowess for the good looking women. Scarlett was just one but ripcord might go chasing after any of the women with a fine pair of legs.
 
Back
Top