The size of the male organ - a tip for writers

I'm wondering what the GM equivalent is to "lipstick lesbians" its a straight up question.

I'm thinking of all the GM book covers with these ridiculous studs with the six packs, socks in their jeans and looking like they walked off GQ would those be considered the same as lipstick lesbians?
Well, in a sense, I guess... But then again, not really.

"lipstick lesbian" refers to a woman who presents herself in according to the heteronormative standard of looks-- i.e. that men find appealing.

gay dudes with sixpacks and socks present themselves in a way that they intend to appeal to men. And men looking sexy for other men is not heteronormative.

Last edited:
Back to the original topic (because I'm a bastard)

A friend of mine used this once: I can't hit the bottom of a tuna can, but I can bust out the sides.

Well, in a sense, I guess... But then again, not really.

"lipstick lesbian" refers to a woman who presents herself in according to the heteronormative standard of looks-- i.e. that men find appealing.

gay dudes with sixpacks and socks present themselves in a way that they intend to appeal to men. And men looking sexy for other men is not heteronormative.

Okay, so what you're saying is a lipstick lesbian appeals to women the way they would appeal to a man, they're the "ideal"

But that doesn't necessarily work for men, because a man wouldn't appeal to a man the way a man would appeal to a woman?

I think I'll quit while I'm not ahead here.

Okay, so what you're saying is a lipstick lesbian appeals to women the way they would appeal to a man, they're the "ideal"

But that doesn't necessarily work for men, because a man wouldn't appeal to a man the way a man would appeal to a woman?

I think I'll quit while I'm not ahead here.
I am saying that neither of those appearances are predicated on what would appeal to women.

Both of those appearances are based on what is attractive to men.

Straight men in the first case, gay men in the second case.

Some women DO like those looks, for sure, don't get me wrong. But for the most part, lipstick is not considered an ideal among lesbians. And huge smooth muscles and bubble butts are not what women generally appreciate in male physiognomy.

Last edited:
I am sorry, but I do have to laugh every time I see a male organ described as really large and then a writer says that it is 4 or 4 and 1/4 inches around.... I don't know if that is a discrepancy of not understanding the difference of diameter and circumference, or a lack of familiarity with penises. 2 -2 1/2 inches in diameter is substantial, 4 inches in circumference is downright SKINNY!

I recently saw a story where a penis was described as 4.25 inches around and 10.5 inches long. A vision of a broom-handle popped into my mind!

My own hands are small. Making a circle of thumb and forefinger and then measuring tip to tip is about 7.5 inches.

Putting it another way, circumference of a circle is diameter x pi (3.14159)...

Once upon a time, she took a measurement of me (cuz I was less than 20yrs old and completely unsure of my equipment). We'd (or I'd) read a Playboy article that I needed answers on.

The idea that I had a 5 1/2 circumference dick was absolutely insane. It does not LOOK like that. But if Playboy says that means I'm in the top x% (whatever it was, pretty high. High enough for my ego to feel complimented), then so be it.

The point to make is, as LL made - certain math is hard to believe.

Do NOT venture into exacting measurements - unless you know what you're talking about. Lest you end up with an irregular broomstick - that no cunt wants to fuck.

A 7" dick (I know, I lied here 15yrs ago and gave myself an extra inch. It bothers me that I did that. I know. But anyway,) with a 5 1/2 circumference - will not blow a woman's mind. That SOUNDS like a bottle. But it isn't.

the 4.25 by 10.5... is a fuckin catastrophe. You're fucking, with, like, a firepoker. You're stabbing pussy with that. Not fucking it.

Anyway... I'm thinkin length is affordable. But most readers actually prefer you don't label an exacting mark. Even if the story itself is based around "the big dicks... the big tits", you don't have to define it in inches.

It's bettrer if you don't.

Good call 1LL

Original OP was about accuracy

But the OP was basically: here's a tip for writers, stop specifying the measurements of a guy's cock.

No it wasn't (see also XXplorher's post above) - I'll repeat part of my previous post:

The original post of this thread didn't complain about using numbers to describe a cock - but about not getting the difference between diameter and circumference right.
I'm sure we all agree that if a writer does use inches etc to describe the length and width, it should at least be accurate ?

But most of us jumped at the opportunity to bicker about whether to use numbers or descriptions - myself included ;)

Last edited:
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont.

The whole debate about size is meaningless because circumstances change. The best beer I ever drank was an icy can of Carling Black Label back in 1968. I was in Vietnam, the temp was around 120 degrees, and that beer was deeelicious. Never had one better, never had another Carling Black Label that matched it.

The whole debate about size is meaningless because circumstances change. The best beer I ever drank was an icy can of Carling Black Label back in 1968. I was in Vietnam, the temp was around 120 degrees, and that beer was deeelicious. Never had one better, never had another Carling Black Label that matched it.

It was the formaldehyde they used as a preservative and to keep the cans from exploding during the sea voyage. The beer we drank over there pickled us two ways. :D

No it wasn't (see also XXplorher's post above) - I'll repeat part of my previous post:

The original post of this thread didn't complain about using numbers to describe a cock - but about not getting the difference between diameter and circumference right.
I'm sure we all agree that if a writer does use inches etc to describe the lenght and width, it should at least be accurate ?

But most of us jumped at the opportunity to bicker about whether to use numbers or descriptions - myself included ;)

You're right, my bad. It was the second post that touched on the "don't use numbers" idea, when Gina said she thought numbers should be kept to a minimum. But then I think she had a further good point: it's not so much the numbers, it's the accuracy. Funny thing is, I'm not sure that even if a writer was accurate, that the reader would get the correct picture in their minds.

And again I'll said -- I don't need numbers in the stories I read, and rarely if ever use them in the ones I write, but I wouldn't tell others they shouldn't be used.

It was the formaldehyde they used as a preservative and to keep the cans from exploding during the sea voyage. The beer we drank over there pickled us two ways. :D

And I thought it was the cat piss they added! What does an 18 year old know!

Call me a pragmatist...

I am sorry, but I do have to laugh every time I see a male organ described as really large and then a writer says that it is 4 or 4 and 1/4 inches around....

There should be no excuse for male writers. They can measure their own junk and just scale the measurements up or down to fit the story. But if a female writer really wants to get it right, she should line up some volunteers and ask them to show her their cocks so that she can measure them and decide which one she wants to use in her story. If she really wants to do it right she should play with them to make them erect and measure them again.

Guys love research.

Funny thing is, I'm not sure that even if a writer was accurate, that the reader would get the correct picture in their minds.

And again I'll said -- I don't need numbers in the stories I read, and rarely if ever use them in the ones I write, but I wouldn't tell others they shouldn't be used.

Totally agree with all of the above.

But it's hard to ignore the fact that giving penis sizes in numbers (inches) and breast size in bra cup letters (esp C and up :) ) seems to be the norm for many writers and probably expected by many readers (both male and female) in a wide range of literotica categories.

Hmm I've been trying to work out why I get less annoyed with some writers for giving the length in inches, and it suddenly strikes me that an important difference may be how the numbers are written. A six inch dick or a ten inch cock feel like descriptions, but 10½ inch cock or 6''2 dick (am I even writing this correctly ?) offend my eye. Anyone else feel this way or am I just being silly here ?

Last edited:
Numbers aren't much different from the descriptions used. Based on the stories I've read recently, penises only come in five sizes: big, huge, enormous, massive, and ginormous. Is one cliche really any worse than another?

There should be no excuse for male writers. They can measure their own junk and just scale the measurements up or down to fit the story. But if a female writer really wants to get it right, she should line up some volunteers and ask them to show her their cocks so that she can measure them and decide which one she wants to use in her story. If she really wants to do it right she should play with them to make them erect and measure them again.

Guys love research.
You know why women are so bad at math, right? Because guys keep assuring them that they are looking at eight inches...

Hmm I've been trying to work out why I get less annoyed with some writers for giving the length in inches, and it suddenly strikes me that an important difference may be how the numbers are written. A six inch dick or a ten inch cock feel like descriptions, but 10½ inch cock or 6''2 dick (am I even writing this correctly ?) offend my eye. Anyone else feel this way or am I just being silly here ?

You may be right. In any case, the measurements should be written out in stories here on the cock lengths/circumferences. Cup sizes are a different type of measurement, and the numbers are proper with that. (Just a style note.) See the Arabic numbers used does grate on me in a read.

Numbers aren't much different from the descriptions used. Based on the stories I've read recently, penises only come in five sizes: big, huge, enormous, massive, and ginormous. Is one cliche really any worse than another?

I think you forgot "monster."

But, let's face it, a cliche is used to establish an image in the reader's mind. That's its purpose and it usually works with the reader better than using some something like "he rammed his tower of Pisa right in there." (Although, now that I think about it, that might have been a bad example, as that gives an image of both size and angle :D). Cliches have a purpose in writing; sniffing at using them is sort of misplaced.

I think you forgot "monster."

Oh shit yeah - I'm guilty, I've used that word to describe a cock in a story.

Glad you think cliches are acceptable ;)
And even more that Arabic numbers also rubs you up the wrong way.

Are you saying that dicks will adjust, according to the beer they drink? Or how many enemy they killed? Or even the geography of their location?

Nonsense. A 10” dick is always persistent and continually successful – regardless the circumstances.

; P

PS Thanks for your service. For reals, thx.

I'm reminded of the time I came home on leave and parked, with my HS Sweetheart.

She said, "Oh, your so wide!" and I knew she had been fucking someone else. But I only hesitated a little, to let her adjust. :D

A couple of months later I was back in the barracks and got a 'Dear John' letter. She was marrying the guy.

Four months later, on my way to Viet Nam, I stopped by her BBF's place and found she was going to have the baby soon.

Are you saying that dicks will adjust, according to the beer they drink? Or how many enemy they killed? Or even the geography of their location?

Nonsense. A 10” dick is always persistent and continually successful – regardless the circumstances.

; P

PS Thanks for your service. For reals, thx.

Not a problem! It was a rare adventure that helped me get my priorities right.

As for dicks, I'm saying that 10 inch peepees are uncommon, and bigger aint better or Mother Nature woulda selected large cox over the runts. She likes 6 inch dix, on average. More to the point, EVEN MEATLOAF IS YUMMY IF YOURE HUNGRY.

As for dicks, I'm saying that 10 inch peepees are uncommon, and bigger aint better or Mother Nature woulda selected large cox over the runts. She likes 6 inch dix, on average. More to the point, EVEN MEATLOAF IS YUMMY IF YOURE HUNGRY.

Of course this is only relevant if it's Mother Nature who is being fucked--and then only to her. :D

I'm writing a story where the girl calls, Lee's cock, "The Anaconda", but she's only seen the outline. She finds it intimidating at first, but she adapts. :D

Back