What pissed you off today? Mark III

I've really messed up. Like really messed up.
Again.
I'm so stupid.
 
A complete and utter asshole.
I don't think anyone on Lit has ever made me so properly fucking angry.
 
Some asshole here on lit.
Oh, wait. A couple.

Do not fuck with my friends.
 
My neighbor was up really late last night singing Adele. Loudly. And I had to get up really early to take care of something before school. I'm jealous of people who can sleep with ear plugs. I want to be one of them, too.

I'm so tired, in such a crappy mood and feel hideous. This was supposed to be a happy day, but now I'm just looking for a hole I could hide in.
 
A supposed "friend with benefits" decided to NOT follow the guidelines he and I had agreed to last month.

A hard no means NO!
 
No, but I may borrow the neighbor's husband and his country-fried cousins to "talk" with the fucking asshole!

We're with you.

Torch-and-pitchfork-mob.jpg
 
My brother and sister in law decided to surprise me by tagging along on a trip I've been looking forward to for a pretty long time.

And of course, for it to be a really fun surprise, my SIL told about it only after they had booked the flights and hotel, so there's absolutely nothing I can do about it anymore.

The options are that I do the socially expected thing and spend time with them there, which is not what I really want to do at all, and which will make me feel bad because of course I should want to spend time with family on a trip. Or I ignore them, which will make me feel sucky as well.

I wanted the trip to be about divulging language and art, not feeling copious amounts of guilt. :(
 
My brother and sister in law decided to surprise me by tagging along on a trip I've been looking forward to for a pretty long time.

And of course, for it to be a really fun surprise, my SIL told about it only after they had booked the flights and hotel, so there's absolutely nothing I can do about it anymore.

The options are that I do the socially expected thing and spend time with them there, which is not what I really want to do at all, and which will make me feel bad because of course I should want to spend time with family on a trip. Or I ignore them, which will make me feel sucky as well.

I wanted the trip to be about divulging language and art, not feeling copious amounts of guilt. :(

Oh dear, that really is the pits. I love my family but I would so not be pleased with that surprise. Maybe breakfast together then explore on your own for the day and then one morning or afternoon together, depending on the length of the vacation?
 
Oh dear, that really is the pits. I love my family but I would so not be pleased with that surprise. Maybe breakfast together then explore on your own for the day and then one morning or afternoon together, depending on the length of the vacation?

Yeah, it'll end up being something like that.

But it still sucks. It's a compromise and I don't want to make a compromise. Sucks that I can't have the trip I had looked forward to and paid for.

I'll just have to try to make the best out of it.
 
My brother and sister in law decided to surprise me by tagging along on a trip I've been looking forward to for a pretty long time.

And of course, for it to be a really fun surprise, my SIL told about it only after they had booked the flights and hotel, so there's absolutely nothing I can do about it anymore.

wtf? Who the hell does that?
 
wtf? Who the hell does that?
I'm pretty flabbergasted. This isn't like them at all.

I'm really glad she told me about it over text rather than save the news until this weekend to tell me face to face. Because I kind of crumbled a little even reading the text.

Now she's been texting me a lot about which museums we should visit and which restaurants look cool etc. "This restaurant looks really good but they don't have an English website. See, it's perfect that you're there to translate for us if need be."

Lesson learned?

While you are supposed to tell family where you're going when you travel (so that they know where to send the search parties when you miss the flight home) you don't give *these* family members any details until they day you're boarding the plane...

If they *really* wanted it to be a pleasant surprise they'd reimburse you for your investment.

This isn't something I'd expect them to ever do. Thank god they're not staying at the same hotel, although it is on the same street.

But yes, maybe I need to shut up about some of the future plans just in case.
 
I had a long time friendship that crumbled over this sort of thing. I like to be alone much of the time, and found myself turning sneaky and secretive to preserve my autonomy. That's not the right word, but will serve for now.:)
 
My parents did the travel thing, too. I wanted to cruise by myself. Found a cruise line offering "solo" cruises (( like that much better than a "singles" cruise). Told people I was going - I was kind of proud I made big plans for myself!

A week later, my parents announced they booked the same cruise.

It worked out ok. Their room was far far away from mine. They (mostly) respected I wanted to do things alone. But it was still that sense of obligation on a trip that was supposed to be mine alone.

Will you say anything, seela?
 
Back
Top