Someone...

GinaeEvans

Literotica Guru
Needs to kick me in the ass, tell me to stop playing in the GB, and get back to writing.

Seriously. I need help, here. I can't stop by myself.

It is...and then there's tv, stupid games on the IPAD...I have to get rid of all these distractions!

Get off here and start writing!

Don't even get me started on video games. Those bloody things are going to be the death of my writing career.

... Not that I actually have a writing career as of yet. >.>

Get offa that Mario Kart and back on the keyboard. Your budding writing career will die a'borning unless you do something immediately.

Be sure to clean that GB offal from your boots before proceeding further. I hear it's toxic. ;)

Get offa that Mario Kart and back on the keyboard. Your budding writing career will die a'borning unless you do something immediately.

Be sure to clean that GB offal from your boots before proceeding further. I hear it's toxic. ;)

A Hazmat suit is recomended when visiting the GB. Otherwise decontamination could take hours. :cool:

Naw. It isn't so bad. I expected it to be a lot worse from what I'd gleaned before. Granted, some of them are incredible characters, mostly it's just a lot of bickering about politics.

Thank you for the nudge. I need as many as I can get. :)

Seriously - log the time you spend on the internet. What suffers in your RL because of it? Would you be better served by working on the Terrible Minds challenge? Or maybe knocking off a short Valentine's Day piece? Or volunteering down at the local food bank? (Plot bunnies galore in a place like that.)

Life is finite. The older you get, the more you value the time you have left. :)

Seriously - log the time you spend on the internet. What suffers in your RL because of it? Would you be better served by working on the Terrible Minds challenge? Or maybe knocking off a short Valentine's Day piece? Or volunteering down at the local food bank? (Plot bunnies galore in a place like that.)

Life is finite. The older you get, the more you value the time you have left. :)

I don't enter the contests. :( I'm too chicken.

I don't know what the "Terrible Minds" challenge is.

Also, no one. I'm an incredible multi-tasker. My computer is almost always on and logged in, so I think any data on that would be inaccurate.

My plot bunnies are in my head. They never shut-up. NEVER! Loudest. Goddamn. Rabbits. EVER.

It'd be great if they all panned out... but most are mere duds. -sigh-

Lastly, I'm immortal. >:)

"Wow, that message I read on the General Board really helped me with my writing!"

... said NO ONE, EVER.

There, that help?

The GB is boring, actually. There's maybe 6 people with 100 alts, and 4 real people.

Needs to kick me in the ass, tell me to stop playing in the GB, and get back to writing.

Seriously. I need help, here. I can't stop by myself.

I get nose bleeds just from listening to slave_ tell me all about the rampant self-important postulating over there.

Your sheep are much safer over here, and your brain won't turn to mush (which is NEVER a good thing for writers.)

The contests are a blast and completely harmless - give it a try!

I get nose bleeds just from listening to slave_ tell me all about the rampant self-important postulating over there.

Your sheep are much safer over here, and your brain won't turn to mush (which is NEVER a good thing for writers.)

If the GB is a ONE on a scale of 1-10, the AH ranks about 1.5 on the same scale.

heh heh heh :devil:

;) Sonnet on, doll.

The GB is boring, actually. There's maybe 6 people with 100 alts, and 4 real people.

It's still shiny and new. It'll lose its luster before long, I suspect.

Contests give me the willies.

Also, the sheep fear nothing. Muahahaa....

Best thing to do when the internet is that distracting is work without it. Keep your browsers closed and just write.

Once, when I needed to finish something and kept coming here and other sites I actually unplugged the modem and worked offline.

On a side note about the GB? I find it more tolerable than the AH to discuss politics or anything beyond writing.

The AH is infested with the PC police and has more than its share of whiners who look for insults in every sentence.

Bottom line is they may be nasty and obnoxious and insulting but they don;t pretend otherwise.

Last edited:
I don't enter the contests. :( I'm too chicken...

I enter to annoy, not to win, but I'll usually put a disclaimer at the top if the story does not follow the LIT formula for hot, predictable sex.

I don't know what the "Terrible Minds" challenge is....

Sorry. I had you confused with someone else. Apparently the guy at Terrible Minds is a published author with enough free time to interact with his fans on a regular basis. He puts up a writing challenge every now and then - 1,000 words with choices for topics and locations. On the "Stories" page he has five very short ones posted, all with a sort of Stephen King-ish feel. I'm guessing they're in the 1k words range.

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/blog/

....On a side note about the GB? I find it more tolerable than the AH to discuss politics or anything beyond writing.

The AH is infested with the PC police and has more than its share of whiners who look for insults in every sentence.

Bottom line is they may be nasty and obnoxious and insulting but they don;t pretend otherwise.

Another comparison:

The GB is like WWF Wrestling - all insults and no substance.

The AH is like a PBS reality show for writers who freak out when the wrestlers show up and start throwing chairs around. (As if I've never thrown any chairs around. :eek: )

Back