His Friend Daughter. {Closed}

It took me only 8 minutes to walk the three blocks to the corner of Grove and MacLeran. I wait 3 more minutes before Dexter drove up. Another minute and I would have changed my mind again.

He pulled over to the curb and came around to open the door for me, even though I had already opened it. He gave me his hand to get me seated then shut the door. He drove before I could say anything.

"Thanks for doing this right away. I must seem like a real flake, but I'm really having a difficult time deciding what to do about you. I didn't sleep well after texting you last night, I couldn't stop thinking and worrying. This morning I didn't want to be like that for another day before meeting with you. That's why i came to the rational decision to stop anything before it got started. But you reminded me there is an emotional side to see, my feelings. So I'm going to let you convince me, if you can."
 
Dex listened to her without interrupting her. He wanted to hear what she had to say first, but after he heard her he still didn’t know what to say to her.

Kaela, I can’t and I won’t try to convince you into anything. The moment I saw you I knew I wanted to be with you, and did all I could to let you how I felt, and the reason I told you was because I saw it in your eyes. The first time we talked you didn’t deny it. You said you were scared. If I have to convince you, I can’t. I don’t want to say anything that might influence your own mind. I want it to be your decision based on how you feel about me.”

Dex didn’t think he could explain it better than that. “Sorry Kaela, you have to search your own mind and heart to know how you feel I can’t do it for you.”
 
"Just hearing your perspective helps. I was only hearing my good angel on one shoulder and my bad devil on the other. That was driving me crazy and making me change my mind every two minutes."

"Well, it looks like I'm having coffee with you after all. That's OK. Its just coffee, not like we're dating or anything."
 
"Just hearing your perspective helps. I was only hearing my good angel on one shoulder and my bad devil on the other. That was driving me crazy and making me change my mind every two minutes." She told.

Dex smiled at her. “I do hope you don’t get any more bad devil thoughts in that pretty head of yours? He said teasing her a little.

"Well, it looks like I'm having coffee with you after all. That's OK. It’s just coffee, not like we're dating or anything." She said.

“You have a point there, it’s just a coffee. Still, I want to see more of you Kaela. I want to take you out to maybe dinner, a show, lunch. Anywhere so that we can be together.” He told her.

“I have one more thing to ask you. Did I see in your eyes what I thought I saw? You did felt the pull between us, I didn’t imagine it did I?” He said to her.
 
Last edited:
"So that's what I mean by convince me. I want to deny some of that stuff as me being all emotional fantasy. Your perspective brings that back to reality. Yes, I did feel something and it wasn't just my imagination. You saw it and I can't just pretend it didn't happen."

"So if I'm letting my emotions and reason both apply, I should get to know you better emotionally, and also ask critical questions that need to be answered. Like, are you married or have you ever been?"
 
"So that's what I mean by convince me. I want to deny some of that stuff as me being all emotional fantasy. Your perspective brings that back to reality. Yes, I did feel something and it wasn't just my imagination. You saw it and I can't just pretend it didn't happen."

Kaela I’m glad to hear you say that and you’ve felt the same thing, for a minute there I thought I had seen things. I’ve never felt anything like before, and I’ve met a few beautiful women with my job. You were the very first that took me by storm.


"So if I'm letting my emotions and reason both apply, I should get to know you better emotionally, and also ask critical questions that need to be answered. Like, are you married or have you ever been?"

I feel as you do, and those are legitimate question, of course I know you’re not married, so I don’t need to ask. To answer those question, no I am not married or have ever been. I want to get know you better as I’ve already said to you, and the only way we can do that, is by dating, and if you agree. I would like to tell your father that you would like to go on dates with me.”
 
"Just so you know, last year I went out one time with a 21 year old guy. My dad was so mean with the boy he probably hasn't dated anyone since. I may be 18 now, but dad's still going to see me as his little girl. I'd almost not tell him, but when he finds out it will be even worse."

"So what are your other interests, beside dating young girls? What is your favorite sports team? Favorite band? TV shows?"
 
"Just so you know, last year I went out one time with a 21 year old guy. My dad was so mean with the boy he probably hasn't dated anyone since. I may be 18 now, but dad's still going to see me as his little girl. I'd almost not tell him, but when he finds out it will be even worse." She told him.

Dex thought about what she told him, but that would change anything, and if anything, things could be even if we tell him.

“Kaela, what worries me is that I am also your father’s friend, and if I date you behind his back, he might get really upset over this. The upside to this is that you’re now of age to date anyone you want and he can’t stop you.”

"So what are your other interests, besides dating young girls? What is your favorite sports team? Favorite band? TV shows?"

I don’t have any other interests except to date young girls.” He said teasing her. Seriously Kaela. I don’t have many interests because I’m on the road most of the time, but do like sailing, soccer, golf, skiing and hokey. I like most music, as for favorites I would say Latin music. I like dancing to the sensual Latin beat.” He told her smiling.

“Your turn to tell me what your interests are. Beside dating older men.” He said laughing.
 
"I like playing games, video games, fantasy role play, even cards. I read a lot and I like music. I've never danced to Latin, but maybe you could show me sometime. I've never been sailing either, but it sounds like fun."

"I suppose I am interested in new and challenging things. I am going to start college in a couple months, but I don't have a major decided. I want to sample different things before I settle into one subject."
 
I would be more than happy to teach you how to dance to Latin beat, but first I will take you where the dance and play Latin music.

"I suppose I am interested in new and challenging things. I am going to start college in a couple months, but I don't have a major decided. I want to sample different things before I settle into one subject." She told him.

I don’t see anything wrong wanting to learn new things, that’s how people gain knowledge. I hope you get to do all those things.
 
"Are we getting to that coffee shop? I could really use some caffeine. How about you? Do you need caffeine to get going in the morning? I do. But if I drink it in the afternoon, it keeps me awake at night."

"What about you Dexter? What keeps you awake at night?"
 
"Are we getting to that coffee shop? I could really use some caffeine. How about you? Do you need caffeine to get going in the morning? I do. But if I drink it in the afternoon, it keeps me awake at night." She said.

Dex thought about what she asked about the caffeine, but couldn’t recall if it ever bothered him.

On, I don’t think it bothers me one way or the other, I guess I’m lucky that way.” He replied to her.

"What about you Dexter? What keeps you awake at night?" She asked him. He laughed softly.

Nothing keeps me awake when I go to bed to sleep, but of late you’ve been keeping me awake. You’ve been on my mind wondering if I would ever see you again.” He told her.

“Coffee shop right ahead of us to the right.”
 
I felt more at ease now that we were in this out of the way coffee shop. I was afraid that we would be seen by someone that knows me, and that word would get back to my dad. If I decided to date Dexter, I knew I'd have to get over this fear.

"I appreciate you bringing me somewhere we won't be seen by my friends or worse, by my dad's. Do you have a cover story? What should we say if people ask what we are doing together? Maybe you are interviewing me for a job."
 
"I appreciate you bringing me somewhere we won't be seen by my friends or worse, by my dad's. Do you have a cover story? What should we say if people ask what we are doing together? Maybe you are interviewing me for a job." She said

“I didn’t want to be seen by the local, and figure an out of the way coffee shop would be best. Local would come this far for a coffee with all the coffee shop in town.” He told her thinking what she just said interviewing her for a job.

You’re great Kaela. You just gave me the best excuse ever. I’m planning to move my office here at home, and if someone you or I know sees us, I was interviewing you for the office. We’re going to use that till talk to your dad,” he told her.
 
We drank coffee and talked for about two hours. Dexter asked as many questions of me as I asked of him. After the second refill I realized my hands were not both holding tightly to the cup; one hand was free to gesture as I usually do in conversation.

As I got to know him better, I stopped talking to Dexter as an older man, like I do a teacher or my dad, and I was able to talk more like I do with friends. Dexter never seemed to talk down to me like a 'young lady' but always talked to me as a woman.

"Well Dexter, I've had a great time this morning, but I have things to do at home now."
 
"Well Dexter, I've had a great time this morning, but I have things to do at home now." She told me.

I didn’t having to take her back home yet, but we had talked for about a couple hours, and couldn’t very well keep her any longer. Never the less the tension she felt before was all gone by the time it was time for her to.

Like I thought, we never saw any familiar faces during the whole time we talked, and I was glad for that.

“OK Kaela,” I said. “If you have go you have go I guess,” let’s get out of here than and we’ll talk in the car. Once we got in the car and started to back. I Asked her.

“When can I see you again now?”
 
"I have come to a decision about that. I have decided that I will date you. And as you like, we will not hide it from my dad or anyone."

"So, I guess the answer is, I will see you again when you have talked to my dad. Do you want me to be there too? Or do you want to talk to him man to man in private first?"
 
I didn’t really expect her to tell my all she did but I was delighted non the less. "I have come to a decision about that. I have decided that I will date you. And as you like, we will not hide it from my dad or anyone."

I had hoped she would see it my way. Telling her father was the right thing to do.

"So, I guess the answer is, I will see you again when you have talked to my dad. Do you want me to be there too? Or do you want to talk to him man to man in private first?"

“You can be there if you like Kaela, and if not it won’t matter. I’ll tell your dad that I talked to you about a possible part time job if I open the office here, and one thing lead to another and we realized how much we like each other and that we want to date for a while first.”

He leaned towards her and when she didn’t move away, he kissed her lips softly. “I’ll text you after talking to your dad.” He told her smiling.
 
Dexter drove back to where he picked me up. Before I got out, he caught me by surprise when he leaned in for a kiss. I had hoped he'd kiss me later, but he made it so soft, my heart soared. I kissed him back then pulled back to see his expression. He smiled and said, "I'll text you after talking to your dad."

I walked home feeling a bit apprehensive about what my dad would say in that conversation.
 
I knew I caught her by surprise when I kissed her and that was the whole idea, but she turned the table on me by kissing me back, and then she just looked at me, but I was sure she liked the kiss otherwise she wouldn’t kiss me back. She got out of the car and headed home. Now it was up to me to make sure Bob would be ok with me dating Kaela.
 
I spent the rest of the morning texting Amy everything about Dexter. As I expected, she was all 'do it' and 'have fun'. She thought it was a mistake to tell my dad, but I didn't change my mind on that. I hope its the right decision.

I also looked through my closet, weeding out clothes that seemed too juvenile for me now. I wanted to dress totally adult whenever I go out with Dexter.
 
Dex went to have something to eat over the Hotel Bob was the chef of, as he wanted to this out of the way as soon as possible. The place wasn’t very busy being after lunch already, and Bob walked over to him.

“To what do I owe this unusual visit Dex. Is everything alright with you?” He asked.

“To be honest I had something I wanted to ask you about. I met someone that I really really like, but there’s a little age difference between us 15, years. She made it very clear she doesn’t care. What would you advice, I have to ask her father first.

"Dex I was never one to worry about age, I was 12 years older when I marry my wife, and we loved each other till the day she passed away. I still love her. What about your job are you still thinking to settle here?” he asked.

“Funny thing you asked me that Bob. I’ve interviewed her yesterday to see if she was interested, she said she was but she wanted to finish some of her studies first, but would take it on a part time base.” She told me, and that was what I wanted.

“So what’s the problem? You want my ok for what, to work for you or to date her.” He asked him.

Dex I’ve known it since you came to dinner, I saw you two looking at each other, and I saw it on both your faces that something happen when she answer the door.” He told him smiling.

“Just remember that if you hurt her I’ll kill you.” He told him.

“Then I have nothing to worry Bob, I’m crazy about her Bob.” He told him.

Once he was outside he pulled his phone to sent Kaela a text. Hi Darling all is good. Your dad knew something happen the night I came for dinner.

love Dex.
 
My phone chimed and I checked the message. Yes, it was Dexter.

"Hi Darling all is good. Your dad knew something happen the night I came for dinner.
love Dex."

Wow! The L word is pretty serious already and I'm his darling too. Well I'd better come up with something sweet for him. He is so sweet, I'll call him Sweetie.

I texted him right back. "So Sweetie, where u taking me on our first date?"
 
Dex was just getting out of his car when his phone buzzed, he knew it was Kaela.

"So Sweetie, where u taking me on our first date?" Dex smiled at the word sweetie, and started to think where to take her on their first date. He smiled to himself again as a thought came to him. He was going to take her to the Latin club..

“I have a place in mind. How about a dinner and dance at the Latin club?” and he pressed send. :rose::kiss:
 
"Sounds fun. I'll be ready at 7." I clicked send.

I went to my closet looking for just the right dress for the occasion. I picked a floral print crepe with a plunging neckline and an above the knee hemline. I set it aside for later.

I spent the next two hours online playing games and looking at Latin dance videos. I was getting so excited to be going out with Dexter. This would really be my first adult date and I knew Dexter, Dex, was going to make it great.
 
Back
Top