Ah, Texas

Massive lightning strikes...then power goes out...comes back on...goes out.

Five minutes later it's back!

Still lots of lightning and thunder. Rain is coming down sideways.

Northeast Harris county.

And there goes the flash flood warning on the TV again. Noisy bastard.

Last edited:
Round one is over but i hear round two warming up to the southwest. :rolleyes:

Most of the really bad stuff has moved to the southeast. Lots of rumbling and wind gusts.

The lake is a blessing in a way as it seems to split storms or at least the worse parts of them.

Meanwhile, north of S.A., all's quiet. I'm seeing distant flashes of lightning northeast, though. A friend of mine in Universal City told me his neighborhood is flooded. I'm glad we bought a house on a hill.

And from northeast Houston...Wind, rain, lightning and thunder still going strong here. :eek:

Lots of lightning and thunder...rain tapered off after Midnight. Sun is trying to poke its head through the clouds.

Massive flooding downtown...hundreds if not thousands of people stranded on the feeder from 45 to 610, other places around town are also have streets, highways under water. Big mess. Schools closed. Metro shutdown. Yuck. :eek:

Lots of lightning and thunder...rain tapered off after Midnight. Sun is trying to poke its head through the clouds.

Massive flooding downtown...hundreds if not thousands of people stranded on the feeder from 45 to 610, other places around town are also have streets, highways under water. Big mess. Schools closed. Metro shutdown. Yuck. :eek:

Yeah they are reporting 6-10 inches of rain in 3 or 4 hours. A bunch of the bayous are out of their banks. As much as a foot or two of water in homes in mostly the southeaster areas.

Cloudy overcast here. Had a small thunderstorm cell go by to the south a half hour ago. No flooding, just soggy as hell.

Haven't seen this much flooding here in a few decades. Hopefully, we'll get some respite from more rain.

thousands of cars abandoned to flooding in Houston. Tough times. Sorry for those living in the footprint of this.

I was living in Chicago during Ike and Katrina, so forgot about them. The last flash flood I experienced in this area was about 20 years ago.

HOUSTON (AP) — Floodwaters kept rising Tuesday across much of Texas as storms dumped almost another foot of rain on the Houston area, stranding hundreds of motorists and inundating the famously congested highways that serve the nation's fourth-largest city.

Meanwhile, the number of people missing in flooding along the Blanco River rose to more than 40, including a group of people who disappeared after a vacation home was swept down the river and slammed into a bridge.

Several more fatalities were reported — two in Houston, another in a vehicle on Interstate 45 and one more in Central Texas. That brought to 16 the number of people killed by the holiday weekend storms in Texas and Oklahoma.

The water continued rising overnight as about 11 more inches of rain fell, much of it in a six-hour period.

The floodwaters affected virtually every part of the city. Firefighters carried out more than 500 water rescues, most involving stranded motorists. At least 2,500 vehicles were abandoned by drivers seeking higher ground, officials said.

It's Gods wrath! He couldn't drought then out so is trying to drown Texas!

Seriously, try to stay safe down there.:eek:

I was living in Chicago during Ike and Katrina, so forgot about them. The last flash flood I experienced in this area was about 20 years ago.

Hell, I remember back when I was but wee lad living in Chicago and we moved into this brand new house. The first big rain we had the storm sewers backed up and flooded the streets. Fun was had by all the kids in the neighborhood. The houses remained above flood waters but the parents couldn't get their cars out of the driveways to go to work. This was back in the late 50's early 60's.

Hell, I remember back when I was but wee lad living in Chicago and we moved into this brand new house. The first big rain we had the storm sewers backed up and flooded the streets. Fun was had by all the kids in the neighborhood. The houses remained above flood waters but the parents couldn't get their cars out of the driveways to go to work. This was back in the late 50's early 60's.

I miss Chicago. I grew up in Houston. I remember Hurricane Carla in '61. There wasn't much flooding in my neighborhood. Mainly a lot of trees tossed everywhere.

I miss Chicago. I grew up in Houston. I remember Hurricane Carla in '61. There wasn't much flooding in my neighborhood. Mainly a lot of trees tossed everywhere.

I really don't miss Chicago, although snow was nice to watch floating to the ground. I hated it after it hit the ground. I hated cold weather. I also hate hot weather...what am I doing in Houston you might ask? Don't ask.

I really miss Atlanta. Living there was great. I really liked it there. :(

The silver lining, to me, is the karmic beauty of the TX Gov (who was babbling about a militia to stop Obama from whatever said Gov was hallucinating) being right quick to ask for federal aid. The irony is delicious!

The rain and thunder woke me up at 3:30. It rained hard until 5 or so and now it's down to a steady light rain.

Which one of the weather people got Houston and Settle confused?

Same here...thunderboomers from 3:30a until just about an hour ago. I don't really know when it ended as I fell back asleep. Lots of rain. Lots of rain. Lots of thunder.

Chiming in late here.... Distant rumbling of thunder around 9AM with a few sprinkles here and there but nothing like Monday's downpour. Keeping my fingers crossed the sun comes out today like it did yesterday.

Chiming in late here.... Distant rumbling of thunder around 9AM with a few sprinkles here and there but nothing like Monday's downpour. Keeping my fingers crossed the sun comes out today like it did yesterday.

Sun peeking out here even though there is a spot thunderstorm on the north end of the lake.

Suns been out awhile, streets drying. There is a small traffic jam on the corner. Traffic lights crapped out, crew there now, but the main street is backed up both ways 'cuz of the flashing reds. Been that way for a couple of hours now.

Back