Quote of the Day!

Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes!
Remember why the good Lord made your eyes!
So don't shade your eyes,
But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize -
Only be sure always to call it please 'research'.

- Tom Lehrer

"The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect, but by the play instinct arising from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the object it loves." - Carl Jung

Ok LC, drop your cock and start typing! :D

"The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect, but by the play instinct arising from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the object it loves." - Carl Jung

Ok LC, drop your cock and start typing! :D

Why? I can type with one hand:D

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."

- John Steinbeck

Bunnies, bunnies everywhere!:eek:

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate.
The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes!
Remember why the good Lord made your eyes!
So don't shade your eyes,
But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize -
Only be sure always to call it please 'research'.

- Tom Lehrer

Stealing the idea of one person is plagiarism. Stealing the ideas of several persons is research.

On the subject of plagiarism, Woody Guthrie once said, "Hell, he stole that from me. But I steal from everybody!"

"It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."
Mark Twain

"A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation."
Mark Twain

On the subject of plagiarism, Woody Guthrie once said, "Hell, he stole that from me. But I steal from everybody!"

"It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."
Mark Twain

"A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation."
Mark Twain

' Tis strange - but true; for truth is always strange;
Stranger than fiction; if it could be told,

- Lord Byron, in Don Juan, 1823

"It's not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It's because we dare not venture that they are difficult." -- Seneca

So get out there and write something! :)

"Yes, risk-taking is inherently failure-prone. Otherwise, it would be called 'sure-thing-taking.'" -- Jim McMahon

Last edited:
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - Calvin Coolidge

"I have written a book.
This will come as quite a shock to some.
They didn't think I could read, much less write."

-George W. Bush

See? GW isn't ALWAYS wrong.

"Soldiers have many faults, but they have one redeeming merit; they are never worshippers of force. Soldiers more than any other men are taught severely and systematically that might is not right. The fact is obvious. The might is in the hundred men who obey. The right (or what is held to be right) is in the one man who commands them." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

The Name of Britain's Oldest Pub Is Not Sitting Well With PETA

May. 21, 2015

Ye Olde Fighting Cocks in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, is the oldest pub in Britain. It's been around since the eighth century and has held its current name since 1872.

But now, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the bar to change its name "to something that instead will 'reflect compassion' for chickens," the U.K. Daily Mirror reported.

PETA's suggestion? Ye Olde Clever Cocks.

Ye Olde Fighting Cocks takes its name from the once-popular sport of cockfighting, which was banned in Britain in the 1800s. PETA Director Mimi Bekhechi told the Mirror that people today are �appalled� by the idea of forcing birds to fight each other.

�Changing the name would reflect today�s rejection of needless violence and help celebrate chickens as the intelligent, sensitive and social animals they are,� Bekhechi said.

Former pub employee Alasdair Melville said PETA should be worrying more about what's going on with actual animals rather than the name of a bar.

Last edited:
Back