The Tattoo Artist (closed)

If you think your current circle of money will have a problem with this. Let me know... I am sure I can fix the problem. Travis turned to look at her, a brow arched but he couldn’t help the smirk that creased his lips, “somehow, I don’t think it’ll be a problem, at least for now……..maybe…..” He sighed rubbing the back of his head, I love messing with them especially from here where most of them will not dare set foot. that made his laugh, shaking his head again as the smile stayed “you really are a wicked women aren’t you, its funny but im really starting to like that devious streak, maybe I could learn a few things from you” he joked, his eyes twinkling with amusement as he walked around, checking cabinets, and the other rooms “mmmm, not bad, will have to downsize my bed a bit, King sized wont fit in here anymore” he chuckled “Tv, Work computer, and my snake” his hands resting on his hips as he continued to look around

Pet snake?

A brow raised at that.

Interesting...

Her tone cooling a little bit

Pet snake? Interesting... Travis half turned and smiled “its why I was so curious about the cave drawings, I have a pet Python, “ he turned back as he walked the house, “Ive always had a fascination with reptiles, and snakes, scared the beejesus out of my Foster mom when I’d bring home lizards and grass snakes I’d found, she was terrified of them” he walked back outside, taking in a deep breath as he looked around, a lot of the homes dark, and unused, “im curious though, that most of these homes seemed abandoned, as you had mentioned it would be good to have life back in the Row, what about the others?” he looked to her as he pulled out his cellphone and started typing out a message to his secretary

I am sure we will find others for the other two houses.

She thought on the pet Python and shrugged at his comments on the cave walls again.

Miner's Row will always survive

They talked for a bit before Travis returned to his car then made his way back to his penthouse, his mind consumed with the days past events, wincing more then once as his back muscles pulled on the ink, his secretary had been waiting for him. After a very unfriendly discussion then argument, he grabbed two suitcases, his briefcase, laptop and his drawing pads and pencil sets. Feeding the snack a few live rats to tide it over for a day or two he jumped in his personal car and returned to the house. Sighing as he looked around, tossing his bags on the bed he set up his laptop and plugging his phone into it so he had internet, something else he’d have to look into. He read through his emails, sending replies to what needed to be answered and ignoring what could be put off for a day or two then turned on some soft classical music and pulled out his drawing pad. “well, might as well get something done…” he muttered to himself, Pulling out his ruler and pencils, he set about on his pad, his private passion, architecture, drawing up possible floor plans, building designs, looking over what he was drawing as it came to him,

You set the outsider up in one of the old homes... Why Lexa?

A voice spoke as she walked back to her shop.

He is teachable... Far more like this place than their world. He is also under my protection... Is that clear?

Crystal clear.

The voice now moving closer to her as the old man studied her.

Just remember the last suit to cross your life my friend.

A week, then two, then into the third week went by as Travis came and went, growing accustomed to the area, having sold two other condo’s he’d been living in, well, renting he settled and got the house on in the Row situated. Taking the time to learn to study craftsmanship after getting into an argument with Lexa about remodeling and giving up on it just as quickly, he soon become handy, ok, moderately handy with tools, fixing up broken or worn cabinets, and other odds and ends by hand, finding the manual labor seemed a little more fulfilling then just hiring out. He’d come and gone, people still avoided him, but after the third week he’d at least noticed people didn’t outright seem to want to murder him, He’d spent the weeks continuing to talk with Lexa off and on while she continued to work on his back, spending his nights as he had started them, he’d taken to using the back sunroom as his drawing room, his easels set up as he drafted up building designs, He’d lost a few of his sponsors as they’d learned of what had happened and where he was now residing, but as far as he was concerned he no longer needed them, and donating the land and the beach house that sat on it to the Ronald McDonald charity for needy families. Now as the sun set he sat on the porch, a hot cup of cider cooling in his hand, his mind wandering as he let himself get lost in thoughts and plans

She had fielded questions and dealt with doubters even threatening a few people but they were warming up to him. She checked on him from time to time as he settled answering questions and seeing that he was treated well at the shops. Stopping by after she closed up shop.

Well how is the settling going.

Well how is the settling going. Travis looked up from his design table, blinking as he looked at his phone seeing the sun was down and checking the time, Yawning he stretched and set his pencil down. Finishing the last of his tea he set the cup down “I’m doing well I think” he stated simply, stretching with a gasp “I guess I got lost in my own head, didn’t realize it was so late already, working on a new floor plan for an orphanage in philly, I got locked in a court battle with Zieler Real estate, out of Erie PA, the orphanage has been condemned and the city is trying to evict the kids and staff” he said, holding up the base layout he had been drawing “so I made a quiet deal with the land owner whove ive worked with before and he sold me the land quietly, ive donated about 3 million to their renovation project and now im trying to design a new building for them” he set the drawings back on his table “The developer found out about the sale and is taking me to court claiming im dealing under the table and the land transfer wasn’t legit, “ he frowned “the orphanage is in a less then spectacular part of town, and Zieler wants to bulldoze and make parking lots” he couldn’t hide the annoyance “paid parking for residents and business’s near by with a private bus service for the businesses, wants to charge $90 a day to residents and $45 a day for business parking, “ his lip curled at that

A brow raised as she listened.

Where is this? Some places I can place calls to. Descendants of the old families who still remain close to us no matter where they are. Perhaps I can assist in fixing this issue.

Where is this? Some places I can place calls to. Descendants of the old families who still remain close to us no matter where they are. Perhaps I can assist in fixing this issue. Travis yawned and stretched then settled as he looked to her, popping open the briefcase that’d be sitting on the floor beside his drawing table he rifled through his papers and pulled out a stack, eyes searching before he pulled out 3 sheets of paper and laid them out “the Court and the land is in Philadelphia, Zieler is located out of Erie Pa, and like here, this land and the orphanage is very similar to what we have here, its the last building of the historic east side, or so I was told. The only thing I’d planned on doing was helping to remodel, well, Demo, then rebuild the orphanage on the same land, “ he looked at her “at their request of course, and their planning council, not me just swooping in with a wrecking ball” feeling the need to clarify after one of the last few fight they’d had about him just bulldozing and rebuilding historic buildings, Sighing he rubbed his eyes “ive been up for 3 days, forgive me if I seem tired, haven’t slept” he said quietly as she read over the papers he handed her

Shrugging at his comments of tired she looked at the info and placed a call.

Xavier... Is your nephew still in PA? Good have him call me... Yesterday!

With that she hung up and waited.

Kallen I have an associate here who is having some trouble in you little neck of the woods... I am sure you can fix it.

She informs him of all she was told. Smiles thanks Kallen and hangs up.

Your issues there will be dealt with... Three days.

Travis just watched, blinking, as she made her call, shuffling the papers he had he put this back in his briefcase and leaned against the countertop. His brow furrowed in thought as within minutes her phone rang again and again she spoke to someone, blinking in surprise as she explained things to whoever she was speaking with then hung up, skeptical still, well, not really, more curious now about just how far her reach truly extended all he could do was blink stupidly when she spoke to him again Your issues there will be dealt with... Three days. “ahhh……..” his mouth opened then closed a few times, damn she’d actually rendered him speechless, licking his lips finally he managed to speak, a genuine smile creasing up the features of his face “uhhh….Thank you……..” his voice lilting upwards in gratitude, and shock. He just watched her, studying her, his head tilted in question, shaking his head he blinked then set his suitcase back down the smile again on his face “its quieter around here then I had thought it would be, ive actually found drawing and designing brings me joy again, id forgotten why I’d taken those art classes to begin with” he said, plopping himself down on his stool again and unrolling one of the blueprints he’d designed, smiling “this one is for a new VA clinic in Texas, “ he spent some time showing her some of his designs, asking for her input and design on a few projects, explaining what the buildings would be used for. As he talked his body relaxed as he became comfortable around her finally, the tension in his body seeming to melt away as his passion for art began to show through, after a few more minutes he blinked, “im sorry, im rambling, you didn’t come down here to listen to me wax poetic about bricks and mortar, “ he chuckled “how are you? Whats up?”

She knew after the call the results would go one of two ways smoothly for him or a body which would still be smoothly for him.

I'm fine just checking in to see if everything is going well.

I'm fine just checking in to see if everything is going well. Travis nodded as he put his briefcase back in order and laid it aside, “would you care for a drink?” he said as he motioned for the patio door and walked back into the house. “I guess outside of what we just talked about, I cant really complain, still taking a little getting used to, and ive heard no end from my Secretary, but she finally stopped harping on me about what a dumb idea this was, “ he shrugged as he picked up a folder off the kitchen table and smiled “Oh I almost forgot, I have something for you” he handed her the folder “After everything that has transpired, I know you only care about this patch of land, but I acquired the land deed for the harbor, and placed it into a private land trust” he smiled “which now belongs to you” he pulled open a cabinet and pulled down two long stem glasses then pulled a bottle of wine out of his fridge “so no one else can come in with a wrecker and try and pull the same stunt again that I tried” popping the cork he poured two glasses and offered her one

So what if your secretary does not like your dwelling here? Does she have the sense of will to travel here or is it some "grubby little corner best forgotten" or the countless other one worse than the next opinion comment of those willing to forget and abandon history and where many of their ancestors came from.

A brow raised at owning the riverfront or so it seemed.

I see...

Taking the wine she drank some pondering this.

Travis smiled as he listened “uhh…..im sure all of the above…..” he chuckled, in response to her statement” I think its still just whatever prejudice the people of the city seem to have, but im trying to change that, I have…or had…a bit of clout until we started our dance” he took a sip from his wine glass, motioning for her to join him as he sat in his lounge chair and sighed “see if perhaps someone like me, moving here, and seeing that ive come to no harm, or relatively no harm “ rolling his shoulders a bit uncomfortably from the ink on his back yet and smiled at her, catching the skepticism in her gaze as he finally looked at her, “no tricks, Miner’s Row and the Riverfront is yours, lock stock and barrel, at least on that I do know what im doing” he smirked and winked “how are you?”

Fine as always and people will probably flip that I own all of that.

Deep down she was going through who all she would have to speak with from her world about this lock stock and barrel ownership.

Fine as always and people will probably flip that I own all of that. Travis smiled gently then chuckled “probably, but they’ll have to deal with it, I made quiet sure there were no loop holes or legal angles that could be taken to get the land back, it is very iron clad” he turned to her, “Consider it…………and apology……..of sorts…..” he said quietly, finishing off the glass in his hand and setting it aside, tucking his hands in his pockets he looked at her, “I can see you thinking”

How to explain this to the tribe and the others around here

She shrugged dismissing her thoughts for now.

How to explain this to the tribe and the others around here Travis gave her a half smirk “Hey everyone, I own all of this now, any problems with that go kick the lawyers ass down on Rosemont lane?” his smirk grew into a smile “On second thought, that might not go over well for me” he quipped, making it a joke, eyes twinkling as he refilled his glass “please, sit, it’s a gorgeous night, “ he set the paperwork and designs aside as he took a seat “so tell me, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?”

Design more flash for tats keep an eye on everything.

She shrugged sitting down

Travis nodded, blinking as he felt something on his foot he leaned forward and looked down “well how did you get out again?” he leaned down scooping up his Python that had slithered over his foot and felt it curl its tail around his arm, he smiled as he sat back. Stroking his hand over the snakes head, watching it briefly before it turned to look at Lexa, tongue flicking out before the snake uncoiled and slithered off him “hey, where you going?” travis half laughed as he watched it make its way across the floor towards her “That would be Max, the snake I mentioned I had earlier, he manages to keep getting out of his tank, still haven’t figured out how to stop him” he laughed gently

He is comfortable here in Miners Row.

She smiled holding a hand down as it slithered up her arm. Her eyes staring at the snakes eyes. She contained her instinct to hiss her communication as she spoke.

Stop worrying him and you...

Let him wander the house he is safe.

He is comfortable here in Miners Row. Let him wander the house he is safe. Travis watched, slowly his brows drew down, curious as he watched her, while the only people that had seen the snake had been other lawyers and his secretary, it had never seemed to be this……friendly?, no he didn’t think that was the right word “I don’t think ive ever seen him approach someone so openly, he’s usually been hesitant when ive had quests over, have a thing for snakes too huh? Do you have any pets?” he asked, the tension still showing between his brows, showing he was still thinking too hard on what he’d just seen, picking up his glass he finished off his wine and set the cup aside. As he looked back to her, his eyes began to search, looking around as he took in the lighting of the room as the sun set, the shadows and how they played across her skin. Then the sight of her sitting there, stroking and petting the python. “I want to draw you” he said

Back