The Last Daughter of Krypton - Doomsday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86itLlFeTs

Even if they weren't still together, Hal felt very protective of Kara. He cared deeply for all his teammates, but the young Kryptonian had shared quite a few special moments with him. The thought of her hurting... it made him angry. Instead of letting that anger get the best of him, however, he focused his rage. Controlled it. His will was his strength.

No evil shall escape my sight...

Using the power of his ring, Hal conjured up one of the strongest constructs he could think of.

It took the shape of a massive sledgehammer, and when he was close enough, Hal used it to strike at the creature, catching it by surprise and sending it flying into an abandoned apartment building.

"You okay?"

"Ngh... yeah," Kara said as she stood up and rolled her shoulders.

Hal didn't need his ring to tell him that a change had come over the young Kryptonian.

Doomsday came roaring out of the rubble as soon as J'onn touched down next to the two heroes, and Hal immediately stepped forward and aimed his ring at the creature.

"I've got this," he said, and focusing his inner strength he conjured up a mighty shield to halt Doomsday's advances.

Doomsday beat at it was with his fists, but as soon as the shield broke, Hal quickly conjured up a cage to try and slow him down.

"That's not going to hold him!"

With a quick nod towards the J'onn, as soon as Doomsday broke free, she and the Martian Manhunter attacked him from opposite sides, beating at his body with their fists until he was roaring in pain and anger. As they both rolled off to the side, Hal stepped forward and used his ringer to create a large green baseball bat, and although it broke apart as soon as it struck the creature in his midsection, it was a strong enough swing to knock him off his feet and right into Kara's fist.

"He went yard on that one! Out of the pa- Uh oh."

Almost as soon as Doomsday hit the ground, he was back on his feet, and he made a beeline for the Green Lantern.

Hal conjured a shield that surrounded his entire body, and although it managed to absord Doomsday's first punch, it started to crack as the grey-skinned brute beat at it furiously.

"Hal! Concentrate!"

"That's! What! I'm! Doing! I'd like to see... you try... using a ring... one of these days..."

Kara flew up and threw her arms around Doomsday's neck as he was just about to break through Hal's protective bubble, and after she pulled the creature back away from him she lifted Doomsday up off his feet and then slammed him down hard into the ground.
 
Last edited:
"That's what I'm talking about," Hal shouted as Kara pulled back after slamming Doomsday down into the ground. The young Lantern settled down beside her, and using his ring he created a set of bandages for her arm. Kara looked down at the glowing bandages as they were wrapped themselves tightly around her arm, and then she rolled her eyes.

"Hey. It's the thought that counts," Hal remarked.

The ground beneath them started to shake, and as Doomsday came punching his way up through the earth, Hal created a protective shield to surround himself and Kara. The green construct broke apart moments later, but Hal had bought themselves enough time to move out of the way when the construct disappeared.

Instead of blindly charging forward, Doomsday seemed to be taking his time figuring out where to direct his fury.

It didn't take him long to settle on choosing Kara.

The young Kryptonian steadied herself, but an emerald shield formed in front of her, and it withstood several of Doomsday's attacks before it cracked.

Hal put even more focus into his construct, and the shield began to repair itself.

Hal was all about willpower, so as long as he could still stand, he'd be able to put up one hell of a fight. He often found himself serving in a more supportive capacity, such as using his ring to create protective shields or divert blasts away from the other members.

Kara, on the other hand, was a tank. She could soak up an incredible amount of damage, and her mind could work quickly to analyze any situation and draw up a battle plan. The hardest punches from the toughest of foes were often focused on her, but she wanted it that way. Keeping Doomsday focused on her would allow the other members of the Justice League to perform to the extent of their abilities.

But even Hal knew that Supergirl could only take so much punishment.

If he could spare her from taking even one punch... he would.

Doomsday was starting to dispense with Hal's constructs faster and faster, though for a short time Kara and J'onn managed to trade some heavy blows with him without being struck themselves.

Kara let loose another intense blast of thermal energy, but Doomsday shielded himself with his forearm.

"J'onn!"

The Martian Manhunter needed no further instructions from the blonde Kryptonian as he materialized behind Doomsday, and he struck at the creature's back with both of his fists.
 
Last edited:
Gotham

Bruce finished placing some handcuffs around Ivy's wrists, though the gas he had used to knock her out would keep her in dreamland for another hour or so. He could already hear the sirens from Gotham's PD fast approaching, so he slipped into the shadows of an alley and waited. Gordon was one of the first officers to pull up to the scene of the crime, and as waited for his men to take Pamela Isley into custody, he sensed a creeping shadow come up over him.

"Commissioner," Batman said simply.

"Busy night. That's makes what? Three arrests tonight?"

Bruce looked over at Ivy, but his mind was elsewhere.

"There's trouble in Metropolis," he said after a moment.

"So I've heard," Jim responded. Gotham may have been his city to look after, but that didn't mean he wasn't aware of what was going on elsewhere in the world.

"We'll finish wrapping things up here. You b-"

Jim stopped himself once he realized that he was alone.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that."

Gordon shook his head and then placed his hands into his coat pockets.
 
Last edited:
Metropolis

Without his ability to phase through Doomsday's attacks, J'onn was just as vulnerable as Kara was, but he had other qualities that put him a class far above most of the other members of the Justice League.

He was a lot stronger.

Faster.

Smarter.

If Doomsday had had any sense at all, he would have given up already. But even if he was injured, the grey-skinned brute showed no outward signs of slowing down. He took their attacks and returned them in force, beating them down whenever they left themselves exposed.

Their efforts were certainly commendable, however.

And at times it seemed like they were both winning.

Doomsday would raise his arms to pummel Kara into the ground, and J'onn would move in to knock him aside.

When Doomsday focused his aggression on the martian, Kara would swoop in and drive her knee into the side of his face or strike him repeatedly with her clenched fists.

Kara rolled to the side to avoid his outstretched arms, and J'onn came down hard against his back.

Doomsday stumbled forward, and Kara threw herself at him and drove her right fist into his stomach. The powerful creature growled in pain, but he seemed to at least absorb part of the blow and then struck at her quickly with his head, and one of his bony protrusions cut deep into Kara's cheek, drawing blood.

He pressed his attack before J'onn could step in, and Kara found herself coughing up blood as he drove his fist over and over into her stomach. Doomsday struck at the side of her body with his foot and sent her rolling, and he turned around quickly to use the back of his arm to swat at the martian when he tried to step in.

Kara was slow to get back up onto her feet, and when she had finally pulled herself together, Doomsday ran at her and planted his foot in her stomach, sending her rocketing towards a building. The entire apartment complex collapsed around her, helped mostly in part from a rocket launched from one of Toyman's machines that shot into the rubble.

Though he could have gotten away with a sizable fortune if he'd kept up with his string of robberies, Winslow couldn't help but see if he could capitalize on Supergirl's misfortune by "teaming up" with the new kid on the block.

The notion that Doomsday would target him as well only entered his mind when the creature came roaring at him.

Winslow's wind-up tanks were ripped apart as Doomsday kept at him, and he would have certainly perished had Kara not intervened at the last possible moment. She caught both of Doomsday's powerful arms as they came bearing down against Toyman, and she gritted her teeth as she struggled to push Doomsday back.

"Get... out... of... ngh... here..."

Winslow looked up at her with awe, and then scrambled away when Supergirl's strength seemed to fail.

Kara was finally forced to release her hold on his arms, but when Doomsday came down to butt at her with his forehead, Kara pushed up off the ground and brought her knee crashing into his face. He was knocked back a few paces, and after Kara touched down she flew straight at him.

Their fists connected several times, sending shock waves through the city, but neither she nor Doomsday could get the upper hand.

J'onn, having augmented his strength even further, caught up with the beast and threw him off-balance, and when Doomsday went to grab his neck, J'onn shifted his form once again to evade him. Instead of chasing after him, Doomsday focused his attention on the Kryptonian.

Kara looked up and saw him sprinting towards her.

Blood dripped between Kara's fingers as she tightened her hand into a fist.
 
Last edited:
"Everybody falls the first time."

Rose...

Kyle...

Time seemed to stand still, but not simply because Kara was capable of moving at inhuman speeds. It was like the entire universe had frozen around her. Kara could see Doomsday's outstretched fist, pushing through the rain as it fell all around them.

Part of her was glad that they weren't in danger.

Part of her wanted to reach out to them.

But they didn't need to see this.

Kara's eyes glowed briefly as a tiny bit of sunlight pierced through the clouds, but the cells in her body were not able to properly store away the energy she received. She did, however, have enough time to dodge the monster's attack and strike at his exposed midsection hard enough to send him back.

Everybody falls the first time...
 
Last edited:
* * * Three Years Ago * * *

"How do I fight back against a bully?"

Kara leaned forward in her chair, her blue eyes locking with the green eyes of the young student that seemed incredibly nervous. The other kids were also watching closely, wondering what the superhero would say.

Her soft pink lips curled into a warm smile, meant to reassure the troubled youth.

It certainly pained her to hear about the young girl having issues with other kids, but being a hero meant more than just giving in to temptation.

Kara beckoned the little girl to come sit a little closer, and she pulled the child up onto her lap and pointed towards the crest on her uniform.

"Do you know what this symbol stands for?" Kara asked, her words directed to the entire class, but her attention focused primarily on the young girl.

"Supergirl," the child responded quietly.

Kara's smile widened. "This symbol... this symbol means hope. It means that you don't have to be afraid all the time."

"You don't need to whisper," Kara said to the girl and then leaned closer. "You can be Supergirl too."
 
Back
Top