Don't Post Personal Ads Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

knot_sweet

mmmm rope...
Simple: Please don't post personal ads on this part of the forum.

That's not what it's for.

We're friendly and welcoming and we'd love for you to come back and talk with us about your kink, maybe help with any questions, offer support where needed...

But there's a whole personals section on this site, please don't ruin this little bit of it.

Thanks!

New guys -- please read the instructions BEFORE you post. There are different boards and categories for different topics.

lol no one does that shit. Hell, I don't even...I just read a bunch of threads and see what people get yelled at for :p

lol no one does that shit. Hell, I don't even...I just read a bunch of threads and see what people get yelled at for :p

*gigglesnort*

i kinda sorta skimmed over the stickies.:eek:

the people round here will jump on me pretty damn quick if i'm out of line.

it's one of the reasons i like it in here.

Am I the only one that read the stickies and watched the board for awhile before finally joining and posting???

(・・?)

Am I the only one that read the stickies and watched the board for awhile before finally joining and posting???

(・・?)

Nope. I don't think I read the stickies (years and years and YEARS ago), but I did watch the forum for a while to get a feel for the board culture.

(・・?)
Nope. I read the board for a couple of months before sticking my toe in the water. I must admit I didn't read the stickies, though. By the time I felt ready to post here, I had pretty much figured out "teh rules."

Guilty of not reading the stickies either, but I did lurk for awhile as well...

(・・?)

No, I did read them but then again I read all that leagalese befor I click agree...

The easiest way to get people to comply with rules is to make them easy to follow. I know how vbulletin software works-- The personals forums could be listed as subforums of lots of other forums at once. BDSM personals could be listed here, a link right in the posters' faces. GLBT personals could be listed as a subforum of the GLBT board-- And, at the very same time, show up on the main page as seperate forums in their own right.

I agree, Stella :) the board can be confusing to those who are new.

Sometimes, people who already know and have been around still post here once in awhile. Maybe the mentality is "I won't be noticed in the midst of all those other personals, but if I go and post where it shouldn't be, I will stand out."

That mentality, sadly, I think has worked. (~_~; )

Of course, when that mentality fails we all get a good laugh because someone puts something so blatantly bad that you can't help but rip into them about how stupid they sound. When that happens I can't help but wonder if after reading all the posts explaining what they did wrong, if they still get interested replies. Like domly-Dom duffus with his 1950s fantasy of a woman who has no brain and makes no decisions for herself. :cool:

I agree, Stella :) the board can be confusing to those who are new.

Sometimes, people who already know and have been around still post here once in awhile. Maybe the mentality is "I won't be noticed in the midst of all those other personals, but if I go and post where it shouldn't be, I will stand out."

That mentality, sadly, I think has worked. (~_~; )

Of course, when that mentality fails we all get a good laugh because someone puts something so blatantly bad that you can't help but rip into them about how stupid they sound. When that happens I can't help but wonder if after reading all the posts explaining what they did wrong, if they still get interested replies. Like domly-Dom duffus with his 1950s fantasy of a woman who has no brain and makes no decisions for herself. :cool:
I wonder, though, if it's at all fruitful to post a personals ad here, even though they tend to get plenty of attention. I'm reminded of the story of the fellow who dropped his car keys. A passerby sees him searching intently under a street light and offers help.

"Where were you when you think you might have dropped your keys?"
"Over there, about 50 yards down the street."
"Then why are you looking here?"
"Because the light's better here."

Bump! Bumpity-bump, bumper, bump, bump... Bumpy, bump, bump, bump.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back