Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Politics Board

Old 10-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #126
benschup
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLuis View Post
I haven't seen the graphs from the ice cores in a while but they might answer a lot of the questions about CO2 which just topped 400 ppm. We need forests to consume the CO2 otherwise the oceans will die and so will our World Order! The sea is the source of much of our sustenance. And soy bean farmers are cutting the Amazon Basin so fast that the rain forest is disappearing. Saudi Arabia might have to plant a few more dates goves to compensate for the CO2 imbalance due to burning their oil. And coal miners ought to plant trees on their strip mines.
We also need to pay heed to bhurry and his theory on cows. Farmers and ranchers must do there part in finding a way of growing crops that will curtail the creation of methane when eaten by livestock. Its know to have great effect on the greenhouse effect. Lets step back and look at the overall good this could do. Milk, beef containing less gas, less bull shit. No end.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #127
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

The methane content of the atmosphere is steadily climbing. The carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere is skyrocketing.

Reducing fossil fuel emissions is far more imperative than reducing livestock emissions.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #128
just4friends
Literotica Guru

Yup.. check out the chunks of glacier in Greenland that broke off..
How much warmer are the northern waters?
Not that one.. but imagine a shelf in Antarctica going like this

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...reenland-video

Never mind. We're f'd already from what I hear from oceanographers I know
The Earth will do fine with a lot less of us. The rich will do fine.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:28 PM   #129
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck

Once, again, a general area gets a a warning.
A small area on the dartboard gets crushed.

It is not that floods do not happen.
It is the increase of vehemence.

"Never have seen it, this bad."

Nothing is the same, as it was.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:24 AM   #130
JayCuck
Really Really Experienced

Wow. I had to go back all the way to page 28 of the Politics Board to find this little GEM.

It's almost like Global Warming, Climate Change, AGW...is bullshit.

All those "Peer-Reviewed" studies. All that "Settled Science"....Those "Hyper-Accurate' climate models...many have put under their pillow, or dropped to their knees to worship.

Well, it turns out...yeah...they're not so accurate. And maybe, just maybe, the earth isn't warming...i don't know...at all.

Pick your favorite news outlet, or use google, and you'll find stories like this....
(here's a tip: you won't find this in the NYT or Washington Post)

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...e-deniers-now/

All the scorn, ridicule, and flat-out vitriol that's been heaped on "Deniers" (especially on this board)... I'm not waiting for an apology, because leftists don't apologize, but I'm going to enjoy the silence.

And the fact that this thread will soon be back on page 28....because it's now 'inconvenient'. The truth usually is to lefties.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #131
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCuck View Post
Wow. I had to go back all the way to page 28 of the Politics Board to find this little GEM.

It's almost like Global Warming, Climate Change, AGW...is bullshit.

All those "Peer-Reviewed" studies. All that "Settled Science"....Those "Hyper-Accurate' climate models...many have put under their pillow, or dropped to their knees to worship.

Well, it turns out...yeah...they're not so accurate. And maybe, just maybe, the earth isn't warming...i don't know...at all.

Pick your favorite news outlet, or use google, and you'll find stories like this....
(here's a tip: you won't find this in the NYT or Washington Post)

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...e-deniers-now/

All the scorn, ridicule, and flat-out vitriol that's been heaped on "Deniers" (especially on this board)... I'm not waiting for an apology, because leftists don't apologize, but I'm going to enjoy the silence.

And the fact that this thread will soon be back on page 28....because it's now 'inconvenient'. The truth usually is to lefties.
The authors of the study make it clear that their results are being misrepresented. If you'd actually researched the topic, you would have known that.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #132
JayCuck

Yawwwwwn.

I'm going to enjoy another 1 to 2 increases in the temperature on my next hike. It'll be especially valuable at the beach. It'll probably lengthen the growing season of my garden.

When I get back....this thread will have disappeared by then, and you'll go back to your dementia-focused medical practice.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #133
Beco
I'm Not Your Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsnowgotslush View Post
When Boston's Logan airport cancels flights, I take severe weather warnings seriously.

"Wind gust of 95 mph recorded in Iowa"

Looking at the weather map for the Midwest scared me.
The weather announcer was freaked out.

Airports canceled flights.

"Thunderstorms are possible again Wednesday night into Thursday morning, some of which may be severe as well."

Why does the storm keep travelling, and not weaken ?

http://www.scscircle.com/news/id-269...d-in-iowa.html

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/7...chicago-area-2

Dark skies

http://www.chicagotribune.com/
because we cannot CONTROL the weather, and MAN cannot fix mother nature

Old 09-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #134
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beco View Post
because we cannot CONTROL the weather, and MAN cannot fix mother nature
Try telling that to Alex Jones.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:20 PM   #135
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
I'm going to enjoy another 1 to 2 increases in the temperature on my next hike. It'll be especially valuable at the beach. It'll probably lengthen the growing season of my garden.
Yawn. Once again, global warming doesn't mean every day is a little hotter. It means more energy in the hydrosphere to produce more extreme weather and shift weather patterns. Hotter hots, colder colds, stormier storms, droughtier droughts -- and desertification of croplands. Generating zillions of refugees. Heading your way.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #136
JackLuis
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
Yawn. Once again, global warming doesn't mean every day is a little hotter. It means more energy in the hydrosphere to produce more extreme weather and shift weather patterns. Hotter hots, colder colds, stormier storms, droughtier droughts -- and desertification of croplands. Generating zillions of refugees. Heading your way.
More importantly the CO2 goes into the oceans and is killing the fish, corals and plankton, meaning that we will have to learn to eat jellyfish as they are the only species that seems to thrive in the acidic water.

Here My Stories

Creative Copulation - Gods do it too!

My New Best Friend, for our VE's

Spreading Seeds Sagas- Can a young man find happiness in a world where there ten women for every man?

"Fiction writers are just liars with typing skills."

Old 09-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #137
LIVINRFANTASIES
In a Cornfield Near You

Location: In Illinois far from Florida man. Any fool can make babies...... It takes love to raise a family
Dollie

Just the bullshit on Lit has raised the temperature several degrees.

It's 93 degrees here in Illinois and only 79 where we lived in Florida.
Still living our Fantasies Proud playgrounder #397
Find our true short stories...Click Here--> https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

--184 stories done Keep in mind I'm a Pervert, not an Author, and TRUE STORIES are often boring.
Some stories are short and contain two or more little chapters.

Book #1 Living Our Fantasies---------- Book #2 Please Hold My Titties.
Book #3 The Gogenfart Farm------------- Book #4 Ms. Dollie's Random Stories
Book #5 People Watching---------------Book #6 Mr. Joe Whuzzit
Book #7 Ms.Dollieís Living Fantasies-------Book #8 TENTS, TRAILERS, TITS, CONDOS, AND CUNTS
Book #9 TiTs and TAXIS--------------------Book #10 PUSSY, PECKERS, and PIZZA

Last edited by LIVINRFANTASIES : 09-23-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:52 PM   #138
just Fran
a Canadian Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtitswetpussy View Post
Climate Change.
Climate change ?
your President says its a Hoax

Old 09-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #139
Ghostee
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsnowgotslush View Post
When Boston's Logan airport cancels flights, I take severe weather warnings seriously.

"Wind gust of 95 mph recorded in Iowa"

Looking at the weather map for the Midwest scared me.
The weather announcer was freaked out.

Airports canceled flights.

"Thunderstorms are possible again Wednesday night into Thursday morning, some of which may be severe as well."

Why does the storm keep travelling, and not weaken ?

http://www.scscircle.com/news/id-269...d-in-iowa.html

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/7...chicago-area-2

Dark skies

http://www.chicagotribune.com/
Hyper Media coverage of Natural weather after a 12 year hurricane Al Gore end of the world storm predictions and normal seasonal weather being stirred up in order to prop up the proven Global Warming Lie and Myth............Its just another lie to kill our freedoms and slap more taxes on us all you morons!

Planets fine now go have a life and stop freaking out over bottled water when you have a kitchen tap with running water !
Unless you live in a Democrat run city and the waters toxic or bullets fill the air in a gun free city

Old 09-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #140
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostee View Post
Hyper Media coverage of Natural weather after a 12 year hurricane Al Gore end of the world storm predictions and normal seasonal weather being stirred up in order to prop up the proven Global Warming Lie and Myth............Its just another lie to kill our freedoms and slap more taxes on us all you morons!

Planets fine now go have a life and stop freaking out over bottled water when you have a kitchen tap with running water !
Unless you live in a Democrat run city and the waters toxic or bullets fill the air in a gun free city
Which proven Global Warming Lie and Myth are you referring to?

Old 09-24-2017, 12:45 AM   #141
JackLuis
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostee View Post
-

Unless you live in Flint and have a Republican fucking up the systems because they can't do their jobs. Or unless your government sold the water to a private company to fill the pockets of the powers that be? Or you allow a mining co to dig a hole the size of Manhattan to poison the head waters and kill the largest salmon run in the world. or...

Dumbass!

Here My Stories

Creative Copulation - Gods do it too!

My New Best Friend, for our VE's

Spreading Seeds Sagas- Can a young man find happiness in a world where there ten women for every man?

"Fiction writers are just liars with typing skills."

Old 09-29-2017, 05:29 AM   #142
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck

Sad news

Mountaineering and rock climbing have become more dangerous, because of global climate change. Not just because the weather is more dangerous.

It is because the new weather extremes have an effect on the rock of the mountains, themselves.

There is a new category for weather itself, this year- deadly.

What was taken for granted, is now past. We are developing technological advances, so that the predictions for deadly weather events are fairly accurate. The meteorologists themselves are awed, by how powerful the storms are. By how quickly they form, and how quickly they are followed by increasingly more violent storms.

gsgs comment- There are road signs that warn about rocks falling, on some parts of New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. During the formation of Tornado Alley East, Vermont had boulders the size of Volkswagen Beetles falling into the streets.

It has been a trend of extremes, for every state, in the United States. The extremes of drought, heat, cold, floods, deadly violent winds, and more frequent earthquakes have weathering effects. The rock becomes brittle, and easier to wear away. Breaking away from main mass, with more frequency.

Natural granite formation, formed over 2 million years
Old Man of the Mountains
(looked like a rugged old man's face)
Franconia Notch State Park
New Hampshire

Collapsed, May 3, 2003

Freezing and thawing opened fissures in the Old Manís forehead. By the 1920s, the crack was wide enough to be mended with chains, and in 1957 the state legislature passed a $25,000 appropriation for a more elaborate weatherproofing, using 20 tons of fast-drying cement, plastic covering, and steel rods and turnbuckles, plus a concrete gutter to divert runoff from above. A team from the state highway and park divisions maintained the patchwork each summer.

http://nh-hike.com/2017/05/03/rememb...-the-mountain/

1915 the Rev. Guy Roberts lobbied the Franconia town fathers to do work to keep the Great Stone Face up on the mountain. In 1916 expert quarryman E.H. Geddes of Quincy, Mass., hand drilled 1-inch round tie-rods into the top of the forehead slab.

The giant steel turnbuckles were installed in 1958 by Niels Nielsen of the N.H. Department of Transportation and his staff at the Bridge Maintenance Division, and one of those turnbuckles now sits at Profile Plaza.

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs...WHAMPSHIRE1410

Scouring by flowing glacial ice, would not produce sharp, protruding ledges. Thus the old man must have been formed AFTER the glacial ice had melted from this area. Glacial geologists now think the ice was gone from this part of NH by about 12,000 years ago.

Water freezing and thawing in cracks of the then exposed walls of Franconia Notch split off pieces of the granite. Chance removal of just the right pieces, produced a set of five ledges, that when viewed from just the right angle, had an uncanny likeness to a manís profile.

The granite that makes up Cannon Mountain is called the Conway Granite. Jurassic in age, it was intruded as magma into the rocks of the notch area during the time of the dinosaurs, some 180 million years ago.2 Itís pinkish color comes from one of the minerals that make up the granite. Called feldspar, this mineral slowly crumbles over time as water chemically breaks down the feldspar.

http://www.oldmanofthemountainlegacy...t/geology.aspx

Old 09-29-2017, 05:44 AM   #143
jaF0
Worthless Toad

I'm not sure storms are more extreme. It may simply be that they are better documented now than they were 100 years ago. Or 1,000.

Some of the older records for tropical storms still stand as far as in tensity and damage.

As do some of the blizzards and heat waves (Dust Bowl anybody?).

That, and we've gotten weak and wussey. I used to be able to handle hot summers just fine. Now I have to hide inside in A/C in conditions I used to be able to be outside all day. Nineties wasn't nuthin' a few years back. Now I have trouble with upper eighties.

I could be outside all day in twenties and thirties messing around in snow or skating. Now my fingers get to hurting if I'm out in thirties more than an hour or so, sometimes less.

In the 1940s and 50s, nobody cared about heavy snow. You dressed for it and went on about your day. You went to work or school in an 8"-10" snowfall and had a blast while doing it. Now everything shuts down in 2" of flurries and people complain about the economic impact of losing a day of work or shopping.

< ~~~: Silently Enraged :~~~ >
No, I'm not OK.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #144
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

I saw a recent Atlantic article about how no, we can't say that storms are more energetic now than in the pre-satellite era because data then was sporadic. We CAN say that storm intensity has grown since satellites started tracking weather. And hydrosphere changes DO correlate with human industrial activity over the last couple centuries.

But that's not PROOF! Alas, science deals with probabilities, not certainties. Ain't no such thang as scientific proof. Doesn't work that way. But if you go stand in the path of a tornado, there's a good probability you'll DIE. Try it out.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:44 PM   #145
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaF0 View Post
(edited)

In the 1940s and 50s, nobody cared about heavy snow. You dressed for it and went on about your day. You went to work or school in an 8"-10" snowfall and had a blast while doing it. Now everything shuts down in 2" of flurries and people complain about the economic impact of losing a day of work or shopping.
You know that this is bullshit, right?

Old 09-30-2017, 01:41 PM   #146
JayCuck

Everything bad can be laid at the feet of: Global Warming. Climate Change. AGW. Global Cooling.
No Storms
Bad Storms
No Storms, but the ones we have are more...lol...energetic. They're taking vitamins now.
Floods, Droughts, Wind, Air....Cow Farts.

It's like the worst of the bible, but leftists don't believe in religion...unless it's government funded.

We need to reduce carbon emissions, but those private jets...well..they're okay, because we buy 'carbon offsets'....and people believe this crap.

The sad, quiet truth is this entire conspiracy would disappear if the governments of the world stop handing out grant money. Lefties claim fossil fuel companies pollute the science, but the Government does the same thing...and worse.

Scientist needs grant money (to sustain his lifestyle). Applies for a grant to 'study' global warming. Surprise...study results confirm global warming (there's even a neat hockey stick graph), and of course....said scientist needs more money to continue studying because it's a 'global crisis'.

The outcome. Only government can save us. Only government can increase taxes and redistribute income. Only government can pass regulations that allow them to infect every aspect of human lives....BUT WE'RE SAVING THE PLANET

And that makes us good. Everyone else Bad.

Which of course justifies everything.....

Three weeks, and this thread is back on page 28

Old 09-30-2017, 06:47 PM   #147
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Post user profile

Quote:
Three weeks, and this thread is back on page 28
Your threshold is too low. I set my display to 100 posts per page so for me it's only page 2. Pretty easy to skim past that way.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:30 AM   #148
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Nate is heading for New Orleans. Expect it to be a hurricane when it gets there.

Calm before the storm indeed, Mr. President.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:36 AM   #149
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck

Tropical Storm Nate: New Orleans declares state of emergency

Updated on October 5, 2017

Hurricane and storm surge watches were issued for portions of the northern Gulf Coast Thursday night (Oct. 5), the National Hurricane Center said in its latest update of Tropical Storm Nate.

A hurricane watch was issued from Morgan City, Louisiana, eastward to the Mississippi/Alabama border, including metropolitan New Orleans, Lake Pontchartrain, and Lake Maurepas.

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index....er_nate_1.html

gsgs comment- They are taking Hurricaine Nate seriously

State of Emergency

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.41e1edfd9004

The same familiar, hurricaine hit areas...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.2fba4a6b5a82

Old 10-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #150
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
Nate is heading for New Orleans. Expect it to be a hurricane when it gets there.

Calm before the storm indeed, Mr. President.
As I said elsewhere, Tromp's storm is likely to be military madness. Meanwhile, how much relief aid for overseas territory Puerto Rico will be diverted to stateside Gulf Coast? Who are more important, voting honkies and peckerheads, or colonial sp!cks?