Post birth abortion-A disturbing trend?

I had not thought that there were that many anti capital punishment members on GB .
After all that is one form of post natal abortion .

Since the article did not quote any evidence to back it ,I take it with a grain of salt .

I wouldn't go so far as to say hypocrisy. I will concede that their point of view makes for easier to define boundaries and intellectual consistency.

It is closer to the dichotomy of "thou shall not commit kill" while acknowledging that some taking of human life is necessary. There are some that take that translation of the bible literally and will not participate in wars or even in defending their own life at the cost of another.

The correct translation is actually, "Thou shall not murder."

Anyone living the higher standard, of course avoids murder as well.

A monk avoiding root vegetables is definitely respecting human life as well. He is living a higher law.

A similar conundrum happens in Libertarian Philosophy. They central tenant is supposed to be "non-aggression." Some people take the concept farther than others. If I catch my neighbor in the act of breaking into my house, should I shoot him? (I would.) Should I rassle him to the ground and once subdued (with, or without passion) should I deprive him of liberty by pressing charges and having him incarcerated? (I would) Some people would make peace. Ooh, this is a whole other discussion but I'm out of time.

I see it as either we treat all life as precious and then fight to death to preserve any of it or we accept the reality that as humans we are selfish beings who will always see to our personal interest first. In my opinion, one can never go wrong with any rule one makes once we accept that statement as an axiom.

If you want to talk about infanticide can you all atleast talk about female infanticide and how people who perform gender selective abortions are assholes of the highest order and how people who murder their daughters deserve their own special hell?

I see it as either we treat all life as precious and then fight to death to preserve any of it or we accept the reality that as humans we are selfish beings who will always see to our personal interest first. In my opinion, one can never go wrong with any rule one makes once we accept that statement as an axiom.
Yes.
It's sort of funny that some would argue infanticide is a "natural progression from abortion", yet respecting all life isn't a natural progression from respecting human life.

I haven't read the article as I find it hard to believe that there are people out there who would recommend the murder of infants and toddlers as a contraceptive measure. If such people exist, I hope their mothers perform a post birth abortion on them.

Also, statistically, it's neither cost-effective nor commonly-used as a method of contraception, at least here stateside. Overseas brings with it an entirely different set of assumptions. What I think most people fail to grasp is this: if you're in a position where you have to get an abortion, for any reason, your life pretty much sucks shit right now. And I resent this notion that we have any business questioning a woman's reasons.

Also, statistically, it's neither cost-effective nor commonly-used as a method of contraception, at least here stateside. Overseas brings with it an entirely different set of assumptions. What I think most people fail to grasp is this: if you're in a position where you have to get an abortion, for any reason, your life pretty much sucks shit right now. And I resent this notion that we have any business questioning a woman's reasons.
:heart:

No one has any business questioning her reasons except her. The idea that this decision is not gut wrenching and life altering is absurd. No one in her right mind is happy or excited about having an abortion.

:heart:

No one has any business questioning her reasons except her. The idea that this decision is not gut wrenching and life altering is absurd. No one in her right mind is happy or excited about having an abortion.

We are discussing post birth abortion here and unless you ladies can make the argument otherwise the whole "it's my body" argument is OFF THE TABLE. It's immaterial, worthless, not applicable.

Ishmael

We are discussing post birth abortion here and unless you ladies can make the argument otherwise the whole "it's my body" argument is OFF THE TABLE. It's immaterial, worthless, not applicable.

Ishmael

Using the word "abortion" for the act after a birth is silly if not disingenuous. You're no longer discussing aborting a pregnancy. It's infanticide.

Ishmael

Oh, you are talking about murder?

Oh, you are talking about murder?

He's trying to push emotional buttons by using the word abortion for something unrelated to pregnancy. Any murder at any age could be called a "post birth abortion".

He's trying to push emotional buttons by using the word abortion for something unrelated to pregnancy. Any murder at any age could be called a "post birth abortion".

So, for my ex husband I want to perform a post birth abortion? Sounds great. I don't even need to call his mother.

If murder is what you ladies believe it to be, why didn't you just post so..........openly and without the waffling bull shit?

Ishmael

If you want to talk about infanticide can you all atleast talk about female infanticide and how people who perform gender selective abortions are assholes of the highest order and how people who murder their daughters deserve their own special hell?

That is a really interesting feminist conundrum. My body, my son; my body, my collection of cells that have too many x chromosomes....

If murder is what you ladies believe it to be, why didn't you just post so..........openly and without the waffling bull shit?

Ishmael

Your fancy phrasing had me confused for a bit. I am a medical professional who assists with medically necessary abortions quite often. Yet, I have never murdered anyone.
I don't waffle about that.

Ishmael

Killing a living human being (for purposes of distinction here, one in possession of a birth certificate) is murder not "post birth abortion", your pathetic attempts to redefine the word notwithstanding.

That is a really interesting feminist conundrum. My body, my son; my body, my collection of cells that have too many x chromosomes....

Try and stay on-topic for a change here... do you consider murder to be "post birth abortion" like Ishmael does?

And if so, at what age (if any) does "post birth abortion" become murder?

Hmmm?

Technically you're correct. But it seems that these new age ethicist's have settled on the age of 4 as the cut off.

Ishmael

It was medical "ethicists" that came up with the concept and the term "Post Birth Abortion." They thought "infanticide" sounded a little ugly. They do not agree that all living babies are in fact, yet human.

Yes, theirs is an off the charts, bat-shit crazy position on the continuum that is the abortion debate, but it is an actually being articulated position.

When asked about it some college students agree that it merits consideration.

You aren't using feminist correctly.
According to Merriam Webster: Feminism
1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

So, for my ex husband I want to perform a post birth abortion? Sounds great. I don't even need to call his mother.

I'm with you, toots: I'd love someone to perform a post birth abortion on my ex, too.

Her tits where too small, her mouth too big, she was fat and her lightweight mind mainly focused on what pleased her; plus, she had this habit of always demanding that however she considered things was what reality actually was; eg, if she thought it was "harassment", then, by god, it was harassment. In short, she was a commanding, controlling, tyrannical bitch and her tits were too small and her mouth was too big and she was fat and - oh, yeah - ugly...

...know what I'm sayin'?

We divorced because of all that...

...and because when she wasn't all up on that artificially-high control horse of her's, her natural nature was to be beaten and bruised and to totally submit.

The stark, overt contradiction was a reality I could just not handle with a person who even dreamed she should be taken seriously...

...no matter that she was ugly, fat, and her tits were too small.

Thankx for inspiring my opportunity to vent.

You aren't using feminist correctly.
According to Merriam Webster: Feminism
1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

Query routinely redefines words here to promote his own personal political agenda.

Back