Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Old 03-14-2018, 06:32 PM   #26
coati
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
If only they sold guns, they would have been fine.
And, if only we had armed our kids. They would have forced us at gunpoint to spend more of our evenings there.

As Jesus the Christ taught us, all problems can be solved with more guns.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #27
LadyFunkenstein
Photoshopped

Alerts are now saying TRU will close all doors. Chap 7 it is. And then they will likely sell their brand as a debt-free asset.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:54 PM   #28
Bray123
Really Experienced

When I was a kid there were a few small toy shops in every town. TRU turned up and drove those shopkeepers to bankruptcy.

Now they have failed, due to new trends that they failed to cope with.

My sentimentality is to a period before TRU so I have little sympathy for the company and their corporate operation.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:14 AM   #29
toeskr
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
And, if only we had armed our kids. They would have forced us at gunpoint to spend more of our evenings there.

Personal Jesus?

Or are you speaking out of your ass? I thought I saw yours and phraud's cheeks flapping in unison.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:56 AM   #30
Antryg_Windrose
Loves Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bray123 View Post
When I was a kid there were a few small toy shops in every town. TRU turned up and drove those shopkeepers to bankruptcy.

Now they have failed, due to new trends that they failed to cope with.

My sentimentality is to a period before TRU so I have little sympathy for the company and their corporate operation.
Total agreement. I grew up in suburban Southern California where nearly every strip mall or retail cluster hosted a toy or hobby store. All gone now, along with most book and music stores, Radio Shacks, and so much more. Buggywhip makers have little place here.

Who's still in business? Tattoo and massage parlors; WalMart doesn't have a bodyworks section yet. Chiropractors. Taco trucks. Hardware stores (to be killed by 3D printers), auto parts and service shops (to be killed by robotic autos). Antiques stores; we can't yet 3D-print antiques. And some of those antiques are old, old toys... that weren't loved enough to be broken.

That's in the states. How is toy availability in the rest of the world?

Old 03-15-2018, 05:16 AM   #31
toeskr
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antryg_Windrose View Post
Total agreement. I grew up in suburban Southern California where nearly every strip mall or retail cluster hosted a toy or hobby store. All gone now, along with most book and music stores, Radio Shacks, and so much more. Buggywhip makers have little place here.

Who's still in business? Tattoo and massage parlors; WalMart doesn't have a bodyworks section yet. Chiropractors. Taco trucks. Hardware stores (to be killed by 3D printers), auto parts and service shops (to be killed by robotic autos). Antiques stores; we can't yet 3D-print antiques. And some of those antiques are old, old toys... that weren't loved enough to be broken.

That's in the states. How is toy availability in the rest of the world?
Hope for us all, I don't think anyone will buy a 3-d taco.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #32
sircumvent
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post

Why don't you and Phrodeau butt fuck each other.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #33
RobDownSouth
The rain has stopped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Element View Post
I was telling Arte the other day that I thought toy stores would be particularly vulnerable to online sales because people with young kids often prefer not to go shopping with them.

The number of iconic brand names that are dead or clearly dying is really startling.
Toys 'R Us has been largely unaffected by online cannibalism of sales, at least far less than most other "big box" retailers.

They basically over-leveraged themselves to hedge fund investors back in 2005 and took on a crippling amount of high-interest debt. They can't service that debt any longer so they're in a death spiral.

But hai, their shareholders profited for an addtional 12 years and that's #WhatMattersMost.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #34
beew
Literotica Guru

For whatever reasons (economics like ToysRS, people now doing most of their shopping online) we're witnessing the decline of quite a few chain stores.
Several large shops have closed, and malls look much less vibrant and drab.

Personally, I was more saddened when Macy's began to lower the quality of it's products, to avoid going under.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #35
beew
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircumvent View Post

Old 03-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #36
Chancellor_Palpatine
Literotica Guru

Quote:
You some sorta queer, boy? That sounds like queer talk. You take that queer talk an' FUCK outta here.

Old 03-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #37
Chancellor_Palpatine
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFunkenstein View Post
Alerts are now saying TRU will close all doors. Chap 7 it is. And then they will likely sell their brand as a debt-free asset.
And how much do you sell your assets for?

Old 03-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #38
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor_Palpatine View Post
And how much do you sell your assets for?
Bicyclists pedal their assets all over town and beyond. I've pedaled my assets from San Diego to Boston, stopping occasionally. Too bad I didn't buy the bike at Toys-R-Us. That would be ironic. But I bought a Coleco system there once.

Isn't it time for some Chinese billionaire to swoop in and capture TRU?

Old 03-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #39
Captainnumnuts
Loves Spam

I'm a bit late, but all 'Toys R Us' stores in the U.S. will either close or be sold.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:03 PM   #40
LadyFunkenstein
Photoshopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDownSouth View Post
Toys 'R Us has been largely unaffected by online cannibalism of sales, at least far less than most other "big box" retailers.

They basically over-leveraged themselves to hedge fund investors back in 2005 and took on a crippling amount of high-interest debt. They can't service that debt any longer so they're in a death spiral.

But hai, their shareholders profited for an addtional 12 years and that's #WhatMattersMost.
Wrong. They were acquired by a contortium of private equity firms, who then leveraged them and saddled them with debt.

They don't have stock thanks to that buyout. There is no TRU stock ticker showing anyone earning profits. "Shareholders" got nothing after the leveraged buyout, because that buyout took the company private.

Don't bother to troll me with one of your alts because I demonstrated that you don't know what you are talking about. I won't see it. And no one cares.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:21 PM   #41
Taint_mAnn
Loves Spam

Why such an angry black bitch?

Old 03-15-2018, 11:23 PM   #42
partsecond
Really Really Experienced

Very disappointed about this.

The group that bought this beloved company and borrowed tons of money to pay themselves is mostly to blame.

I worked at Toys R Us once... fulfilled a childhood dream, and made money when I needed it.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:24 PM   #43
partsecond
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Wrong. They were acquired by a contortium of private equity firms, who then leveraged them and saddled them with debt.

They don't have stock thanks to that buyout. There is no TRU stock ticker showing anyone earning profits. "Shareholders" got nothing after the leveraged buyout, because that buyout took the company private.

Don't bother to troll me with one of your alts because I demonstrated that you don't know what you are talking about. I won't see it. And no one cares.
The evil part of capitalism where the rich get what they want, and the regular people... Us... Lose something we love.

I hate the establishment.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:03 AM   #44
coati
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Can't do that. Cuz Jesus might turn the pussy-grabbing evangelicals on us with their guns.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:11 AM   #45
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcc2448 View Post
Targets buyers cant compete with Walmart in the Toy section for selection and it doesn't appear Target replenishment is on top of there game.
Regional shit.....I've seen super clean/squared away stores and I've seen total shit shows flying both flags.

Just like with a number of other uberbox retail centers experiences may vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsecond View Post
The evil part of capitalism where the rich get what they want, and the regular people... Us... Lose something we love.

I hate the establishment.
The evil part of capitalism is buying slaves, murder for hire, the harming people or the destruction of their property in the pursuit of profit. THAT is evil shit.

Not having a TRU or Blockbuster or any other failed company storefront to spur on your nostalgia fix isn't evil. That's just the coming and going of players in the game.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:13 AM   #46
moonflasher
Literotica Guru

So much for being a Toys R US kid

Old 03-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #47
toeskr
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor_Palpatine View Post
You some sorta queer, boy? That sounds like queer talk. You take that queer talk an' FUCK outta here.
^^^^^ This guy is secretly asking you to PM him.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:42 AM   #48
ronmcc2448
Literotica Guru

Quote:

What I don't understand! If they are all going out of business is: One store does advertise the fact and the product is 50% off. The next store is business as usual. Weirdest going out of business sale. Etc.