do iq's automatically drop when people start reading on here?

rae121452

Literotica Guru
ONCE AGAIN "anonymous" has left an abusive comment because my gay incest story posted in the incest category. is the readership on here really so stupid that they don't get it that incest is incest regardless of gender? or is it just fag bashing at its finest? i'd actually prefer to post in the gay section but the moderators aren't cool with it and i bow to their judgement. at least have the balls to post under a name if you want to bash someone!

The answer is yes, which, as the most prolific GM writer here, I'll note anytime anyone brings the issue of where to post stories with gay male content in them to Literotica. Literotica tolerates GM stories--but not greatly. There are a couple of dozen straight categories here, all with monetary reward contests, but only one and a half (including the transgender category) GM categories, one and a half (again, including the transgender category) lesbian categories and no bi category despite over a decade of user requests to institute a bi category. But, while Lit. gives lip service to gay stories, the large bulk of Literotica readers don't tolerate gay male activity placed anywhere but GM (in contrast, they don't seem to have the same intolerance to lesbian material)--but then sometimes they complain that the material should have been placed in some other category. The Web site's readers give GM material whip lash no matter what GM writers do. If you post here, you just have to be willing to accept that--and you'd best post anything with gay male activity in the GM category.

Did you ask about this on the forum before submitting the story? Maybe not (LATER: I looked at your posting history and it doesn't look like you did ask); no requirement to. But if you did ask and were counseled to put it in GM (which I always do when the question comes up), this is what often happens if you don't post it to GM. I think posting GM relationships to the incest category here, in particular, is pretty much a guarantee of a shit storm on the story. There's a recent thread here indicating that Laurel herself is moving GM incest stories to the incest category. If so, that isn't too bright in view of general Literotica reader response.

Last edited:
i've tried posting the gay incest stories under gay male but they get moved to incest. people just need to get over themselves.

i've tried posting the gay incest stories under gay male but they get moved to incest. people just need to get over themselves.

That's not going to happen. A mob of readers isn't going to be changed. Your post is further evidence that Laurel is moving the GM incest stories to the incest category. The readers have shown they don't like this, and they take it out on the authors--and there's no indication they are going to change. Perhaps the answer for the authors, if Laurel doesn't stop moving their stories into a battleground, is not to post GM incest here. There are several topics I don't post to Literotica because the Web site disadvantages them or doesn't handle that category at all or the readership generally slams them. I don't post GM incest here very often, if at all.

i think not.

That's not going to happen. A mob of readers isn't going to be changed. Your post is further evidence that Laurel is moving the GM incest stories to the incest category. The readers have shown they don't like this, and they take it out on the authors--and there's no indication they are going to change. Perhaps the answer for the authors, if Laurel doesn't stop moving their stories into a battleground, is not to post GM incest here. There are several topics I don't post to Literotica because the Web site disadvantages them or doesn't handle that category at all or the readership generally slams them. I don't post GM incest here very often, if at all.

the last thing that's going to happen is i'm going to stop posting because some alt.right troglodyte doesn't approve. i simply delete the comment and i'm not riding in the back of the bus for anyone.

the last thing that's going to happen is i'm going to stop posting because some alt.right troglodyte doesn't approve. i simply delete the comment and i'm not riding in the back of the bus for anyone.

What should go with that, though, is not complaining about it on the forum anymore. The forum users can't do anything about it and the site owners don't appear to read much in the forum or embrace complaints. Laurel can be reached directly by PM (the Private Message system at the top of the column on the right on this page--she apparently doesn't open e-mails).

What should go with that, though, is not complaining about it on the forum anymore. The forum users can't do anything about it and the site owners don't appear to read much in the forum or embrace complaints. Laurel can be reached directly by PM (the Private Message system at the top of the column on the right on this page--she apparently doesn't open e-mails).

maybe YOU need to get over yourself? if you don't like what i write, don't read it. and, you really should stop complaining on here about the moderators, darling.............

My 2 cents on your original question about IQ's - I think that many of the anonymous posts on Literotica are further evidence that the average IQ is about 100.

Do you include that it's a story about gay male incest in the description? If so, they have no room to complain.

I get that it's frustrating, but I would ignore it. People are idiots. I've seen posts where people complain that they don't like long stories when they are reading the first chapter of a story. Here's a hint: if it's chapter one, it's not going to be a 3 page story. I've seen posts complaining about the inclusion of incest in a story in the incest category.

Haters are going to hate and idiots are going to idiot.

maybe YOU need to get over yourself? if you don't like what i write, don't read it. and, you really should stop complaining on here about the moderators, darling.............

You seem to be wanting to have it both ways--fall in with the system but complain irrelevantly to other users on the forum who can't do a damn thing about it.

Not sure where the reading what you write came in. That wasn't relevant to the thread and there was never an indication that I was going to read what you write. :D

I was trying to be helpful to you from having considerable experience on this issue, and you didn't like that. Tough. It's your problem, not mine. You brought it up here; I didn't.

And as far as moderators, the root word for moderator is "moderate," not "snitty" or "combative." I've paid my dues here. If I want to post about mods doing what they signed up to do, I jolly well will do it.

My goodness, rae121452, you've just gone through a litany of unfavoriting me as an author, then favoriting me, and then unfavoriting me again--all in the last couple of hours. I hope you're done, and I don't care if it stops at unfavoriting. Truly, I have nothing invested in your favoriting. I just don't want you to pop a blood vessel over this little tantrum. :D

Wasn't GM always the trump card, given the choice of GM or Incest?

If there's a shift (and from recent threads, it seems there might be) and Laurel is increasingly making Incest the trump category, regardless of any other content, I wonder if she's collecting all Incest into one basket so that, if the morality police come along (in whatever shape or form, but I'm mostly thinking external to Lit, ie, political or market forces), she can bundle it all together and drop it overboard?

Dunno, just a thought. But in my experience, if you see a shift in behaviour, there's usually something's going on that we can't always see.

Wasn't GM always the trump card, given the choice of GM or Incest?

If there's a shift (and from recent threads, it seems there might be) and Laurel is increasingly making Incest the trump category, regardless of any other content, I wonder if she's collecting all Incest into one basket so that, if the morality police come along (in whatever shape or form, but I'm mostly thinking external to Lit, ie, political or market forces), she can bundle it all together and drop it overboard?

Dunno, just a thought. But in my experience, if you see a shift in behaviour, there's usually something's going on that we can't always see.

Yes, GM was a trump card here--and I found that it was considered so by the vocal Lit. readership. This Web site--even at the ownership level--is gay male tolerant, but not particularly gay male supportive. Even the forum mostly turns its eyes away from gay bashing when it occasionally happens.

Yes, she may be lumping all incest together now, although there's been no Web site statement to that effect that I can remember seeing. That wouldn't be connected with anything in law or even the morality police, I don't think. There are no laws against writing incest and lumping it all together here isn't going to hide it from any morality police. Lit. would remain a major place to read it.

There wouldn't be much in the way of trending in the marketplace on this. Distributors nixed incest material they could identified more than a couple of years ago.

If GM material is now being moved there, it's just insensitivity to Lit. authors of GM incest concerning general reader response at Lit. to GM material.

^^^^^

Yeah, that's what I thought - GM was the trump.

But is there actually a shift in categorisation going on? Probably not. How would any of us know?

I suspect the OP just copped some tosser with a strange double standard that somehow thinks incest as kink is ok, but don't you dare show two men getting it on, oh no, that would never do.

Bonk your mom, bonk your bro? If that's your choice, time to move out of home, I'd say :)

I've been reading here for years and never have left feedback of any sort. I tend to zone and click out the minute the story starts going south.

This typically happens when the author(usually a male) has to express and illustrate just how magnificent his cock is. While almost always pointing out that it is as THICK as a Coca-Cola can.

You just want to laugh...until you realize that it wasn't satire

^^^^^

Yeah, that's what I thought - GM was the trump.

But is there actually a shift in categorisation going on? Probably not. How would any of us know?

I suspect the OP just copped some tosser with a strange double standard that somehow thinks incest as kink is ok, but don't you dare show two men getting it on, oh no, that would never do.

Bonk your mom, bonk your bro? If that's your choice, time to move out of home, I'd say :)

I don't know. There have been others who said their GM incest story was recategorized to appear in incest (where it was slammed hard) of late. It just might be a good idea not to post GM incest to Lit. There are other story sites that will take it and not put it where it stands a good chance of being zapped hard. there are more GM friendly story sites. The readers here aren't going to change much, if at all.

The readers here aren't going to change much, if at all.

Agree that, the reliability and predictability of the great unwashed! You'd think by now folk would have figured that one out, and adopted "meh" as a standard reaction, followed by 'delete'....

But no, that would never do, let's rant!

This will continue to be an issue as long as stories has to placed in single categories. I can in no way sympathize with leaving bashing comments, but I'd get annoyed if I enjoyed a story and it suddenly turned incestuous. Each to their own, but that just isn't for me. I assume many in the gay community would feel the same, so it's understandable that it's moved to incest. But obviously the incest-readers don't care much for gay stuff. I've had similar issues with a story series posted in BDSM, which centered mostly on F-f domination. I'm sure readers are far more forgiving about ff than mm sex, but at least one commenter was upset and said it belonged in Lesbian. But the story also had mf and mff sex, and that doesn't fly with many lesbian readers.

Having additional (sub)categories would solve this. There's been talk for years about adding this feature, but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. Adding descriptive tags doesn't help much because they only appear at the end of the story, and I'm not sure many readers know they exist. Presumable it gets worse when the site owners move the story, because you wouldn't add gay as a tag if it's intended to be posted in the gay category.

In the meantime, the only remedy is to add an authors note at the beginning of the story and warn readers about topic and themes.

I haven't written any GM stories so I can't speak specifically to that but two stories that I tried to post under different categories were classified as incest and placed there. Neither had blood relations but rather in-law sex and stepfamily sex and while that can be considered taboo so could someone screwing their spouse's best friend. We know that Lit has plenty of category police who feel if a story doesn't fit their narrow definition even if it fits well into the theme that they'll trash it. I know the site says they are working on improving the tag system, including tags on first page, and that can't come fast enough especially if site re-categorizes stories into genres where they get abused.

Having additional (sub)categories would solve this. There's been talk for years about adding this feature, but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. Adding descriptive tags doesn't help much because they only appear at the end of the story, and I'm not sure many readers know they exist. Presumable it gets worse when the site owners move the story, because you wouldn't add gay as a tag if it's intended to be posted in the gay category.

In the meantime, the only remedy is to add an authors note at the beginning of the story and warn readers about topic and themes.

A possible solution would be for the tags to appear prominently at the beginning of the story, giving the reader fair warning of the content of the story before the reader begins. Doing this might ward off some potential flamers and trolls.

This will continue to be an issue as long as stories has to placed in single categories. I can in no way sympathize with leaving bashing comments, but I'd get annoyed if I enjoyed a story and it suddenly turned incestuous. Each to their own, but that just isn't for me. I assume many in the gay community would feel the same, so it's understandable that it's moved to incest. But obviously the incest-readers don't care much for gay stuff. I've had similar issues with a story series posted in BDSM, which centered mostly on F-f domination. I'm sure readers are far more forgiving about ff than mm sex, but at least one commenter was upset and said it belonged in Lesbian. But the story also had mf and mff sex, and that doesn't fly with many lesbian readers.

GM is only given one category here in contrast to the many given to hetero stories, so anyone reading in the GM category who knows they will melt at seeing the hint of anything on their taboo list that they couldn't just back out of needs to pay full attention to the tags lists--and the author needs to fully utilize the tag list to identify any possible piss-off category that the Web site offers to hetero stories that it doesn't to gay ones. Obviously, many readers aren't going to take this responsibility for themselves or spend any time thinking of differences of placement treatment here. Just something we have to live with since the Web site shows no hint of doing anything about it. Of course, if GM incest (or near incest) stories are now being redirected to the incest category, the Web site is doing something about it--it's making the situation for GM authors worse. Again, the practical remedy is to submit GM incest stories elsewhere.

A possible solution would be for the tags to appear prominently at the beginning of the story, giving the reader fair warning of the content of the story before the reader begins. Doing this might ward off some potential flamers and trolls.

Certainly, but what has been the result of asking for this for over a decade? Is the effort being put to updating the Web site incorporating this request that's so obviously beneficial but yet so old that it's growing moss?

ONCE AGAIN "anonymous" has left an abusive comment because my gay incest story posted in the incest category. is the readership on here really so stupid that they don't get it that incest is incest regardless of gender? or is it just fag bashing at its finest? i'd actually prefer to post in the gay section but the moderators aren't cool with it and i bow to their judgement. at least have the balls to post under a name if you want to bash someone!

I learned very quickly that your assumption on IQ's is correct if slightly overgenerous. Most of the Anon troll club don't have IQ's above single digits so dropping IQ points is difficult for them to do and still remember how to breathe and eat. I also learned to turn off public comments, started using my ignore button again, and serenity followed.

Don't let the abusers get to you. They know how to game the system and avoid being banned while harassing others. Getting you frustrated is their purpose in life and when you let it out it just fans them to greater efforts. So, don't engage.

Lessons from the heart(burn).

Yes, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Mostly they do it because they don't have much of a life.

I've seen some reports on the most prolific internet trolls finally being traced and exposed. They really were as you'd imagine, utterly nondescript looking pot bellied couch potatoes, one had the most doodley-doo ridiculous moustache I've ever seen, I though that fashion went out with the Red Baron!

I've noticed people that really do get enough sex, even some minor sex stars, are much nicer and don't troll.

Thinking on it, no, there was one guy that quite maliciously trolled me on fetlife. He looked physically okay, but his tee shirts were all horribly creased and his pants all stained. Lived on his own, making out he was a Master. Then I saw his blog elsewhere, he was really messed up, somewhat schizoid, like Gollum, arguing with himself and everything. The poor sod needed a straitjacket.

Last edited:
Certainly, but what has been the result of asking for this for over a decade? Is the effort being put to updating the Web site incorporating this request that's so obviously beneficial but yet so old that it's growing moss?

Not having been a participant in these threads until 11 months ago, I didn't know that. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to implement. I have no idea if this is true but I wonder if the owners/managers of the site are simply short-handed and don't have the time to put these changes into effect. I imagine keeping up with new stories by itself would be a huge task.

Back