Illinois friends!

Lol! There wouldn't me as much to all about if we weren't all so crazy enough to live someplace with some sort of predictable weather pattern!

I drove to the BP instead....it's dead up there. Everybody else is staying warm at home.

I even decided to shut down the office today, partly based on weather, partly as an excuse to do a whole lot of nothing :D

Lol! There wouldn't me as much to all about if we weren't all so crazy enough to live someplace with some sort of predictable weather pattern!

I drove to the BP instead....it's dead up there. Everybody else is staying warm at home.

No kidding! I was just bitching about this the other day. Rain one day, freezing temps the next, then snow on top of all of that. I swear, mother nature is bi-polar or something.....

Ah well, it is what it is.

I even decided to shut down the office today, partly based on weather, partly as an excuse to do a whole lot of nothing :D

No kidding! I was just bitching about this the other day. Rain one day, freezing temps the next, then snow on top of all of that. I swear, mother nature is bi-polar or something.....

Ah well, it is what it is.

Yup, well, tried it again in the afternoon, and all of the booths were empty. Nobody's going out today! The coffee was good, though.

Yup, well, tried it again in the afternoon, and all of the booths were empty. Nobody's going out today! The coffee was good, though.

I didn't have a choice. Had to take the oldest to school, and then pick her up, and then again to pick up milk for breakfast. *sigh* It was SO cold going to IGA, my hands were hurting, then went numb.

Morning fellow Illinoisians! I can't freaking believe it's February already. Time is flying.

Yes it is! Only 1 more month of this shit, then it's only crappy weather for a couple months......

Crappy weather meaning severe thunderstorms, warnings and watches that are completely irrelevant most of the time, with a few disasters that weren't given enough warning? Ah, spring in Illinois. Although, I have to admit, I love thunderstorms.

Unless we get another freak ice storm late this month, or early next month.

And I swear if I see one more freaking Facebook post about Groundhog Day tomorrow, I'm going to flip. We have 6 more weeks of winter regardless of what the damn thing sees. The spring equinox isn't until March 20th. *sigh*

Crappy weather meaning severe thunderstorms, warnings and watches that are completely irrelevant most of the time, with a few disasters that weren't given enough warning? Ah, spring in Illinois. Although, I have to admit, I love thunderstorms.

Unless we get another freak ice storm late this month, or early next month.

And I swear if I see one more freaking Facebook post about Groundhog Day tomorrow, I'm going to flip. We have 6 more weeks of winter regardless of what the damn thing sees. The spring equinox isn't until March 20th. *sigh*
I know, right? So crazy....

I know, right? So crazy....

Late January through early April is the only time I make sure to stock up on batteries for the weather radio. We keep it on the charger most of the year, but during those months, I sleep with it next to the bed because you never know when the stupid thing is going to go off.

.My new laptop would be so cool if it didn't have windows 8. Other than that it's fine....

Late January through early April is the only time I make sure to stock up on batteries for the weather radio. We keep it on the charger most of the year, but during those months, I sleep with it next to the bed because you never know when the stupid thing is going to go off.

Did you know that you can put a Weather Channel app on your phone, and it will send you severe weather alerts for free via text message? No more sleeping with the weather radio!

.My new laptop would be so cool if it didn't have windows 8. Other than that it's fine....

I'm telling you, Windows 8 is cool! You'll like it when you get used to it!:)

Did you know that you can put a Weather Channel app on your phone, and it will send you severe weather alerts for free via text message? No more sleeping with the weather radio!

Yeah, I have that for when I go visit family and I'm not home. I don't hear my phone if I'm sleeping though, so it doesn't do me a whole lot of good. LOL.

Yeah, I have that for when I go visit family and I'm not home. I don't hear my phone if I'm sleeping though, so it doesn't do me a whole lot of good. LOL.
The notification on mine is super super loud....hopefully it will wake me up! :D

When I first got mine, it was set to alert for everything everywhere in the state. Woke up one night to a tornado alert in Peoria county (I was in Cook). That inspired me to fix that right away. lol.

When I first got mine, it was set to alert for everything everywhere in the state. Woke up one night to a tornado alert in Peoria county (I was in Cook). That inspired me to fix that right away. lol.
lol...yeah, I did that too. Kept getting alerts for DeKalb county, which is nowhere near me and always always always gets bad weather.

Seriously! Central IL has the worst weather luck. I still remember the Plainfield tornado that destroyed the high school. Glad Chicago has been spared, so far.

Seriously! Central IL has the worst weather luck. I still remember the Plainfield tornado that destroyed the high school. Glad Chicago has been spared, so far.
Oh, I remember that! I was working right off the highway that it followed to Plainfield - we had the glass door to the office shut and locked, and the wind pushed the rain through the seal around the door. Scary!

Very! All the years living in IL though and I've only head to the basement once. Probably should have gone a few more times, but never did. Crazy when the sky turns green and the wind howls and the clouds start to swirl. Sometimes it looks like the end of the world.

Plainfield is not Central Illinois. And Bloomington is not downstate. Always hated listening to Chicago news stations and hearing, "In downstate Peoria today...". Bloomington and Peoria are Central Illinois. South of I-70 is downstate, not south of I-80. Sorry, this is just something that really bugs me.

Plainfield is not Central Illinois. And Bloomington is not downstate. Always hated listening to Chicago news stations and hearing, "In downstate Peoria today...". Bloomington and Peoria are Central Illinois. South of I-70 is downstate, not south of I-80. Sorry, this is just something that really bugs me.
lol...I've already had a couple of drinks, so the geography lesson has me a bit muddled.

I'm in North Central Illinois. I consider Peoria to be downstate because it is way more down state than me!! lol :D

Thank you!!! Drives me batty too!

I grew up in Effingham, that to me is southern central Illinois. Bloomington, Peoria, Champaign, Springfield, that's all central Illinois. To me, the 309 and 217 area codes are central Illinois. LOL.

I know it's downstate compared to Chicago, but having lived at both ends of the state, trust me, Peoria is nowhere near downstate. :)

The notification on mine is super super loud....hopefully it will wake me up! :D

I take medication that knocks me out, because of insomnia issues, but the weather radio is extremely loud, so that does wake me up. My phone, for some reason, does not. My husband's phone does though, he has his ringer set to some damn train whistle. Annoying as hell.

Effin snow

6" on the ground and it still coming down....yea. winter wonderland Michigan is. :(

Back