'cause girlsmiley

Recidiva

Harastal
On the whole cheeky nandos thing.

I require translation.

Righto mate it’s like this, you’re havin’ a sunday sesh gettin fuckin’ maggot with the boys, havin’ a right piss up and it’s fully sick. Daveo and Steveo are settin up the barbie to cook some snags but ya fuckin’ gas bottle’s carked it! Bazza’s like who’s keen for a maccas run but you had maccas for brekky and Tommo had it this arvo. Then Archie, the fuckin’ mad cunt he is, goes hey boys I’ll be DD, piles us into the commodore (SSV cuz he’s on big mobs of cash doin FIFO) and we all cruise down to Nandos for a feed.

I understand a few of the words...but...

fuckin', that I get.

I require translation.

Righto mate it’s like this, you’re havin’ a sunday sesh gettin fuckin’ maggot with the boys, havin’ a right piss up and it’s fully sick. Daveo and Steveo are settin up the barbie to cook some snags but ya fuckin’ gas bottle’s carked it! Bazza’s like who’s keen for a maccas run but you had maccas for brekky and Tommo had it this arvo. Then Archie, the fuckin’ mad cunt he is, goes hey boys I’ll be DD, piles us into the commodore (SSV cuz he’s on big mobs of cash doin FIFO) and we all cruise down to Nandos for a feed.

fuckin', that I get.

In Canajun:

Right, man, it's like this: you're having a Sunday session getting fuckin' hammered with the boys, just having a straight-up awesome party. Dave and Steve are firing up the grill to cook some sausages but there's no fucking propane! So Barry's like: "Who's up for a Mickey Dee's run?" but you had Mickey Dee's for breakfast* and Tommy had it this [afternoon?]. Then Archie, that magnificent bastard, goes: "Hey boys I'll be designated driver," piles us into [his car?**] ([???***] because he's stacking serious cash doing [???****]) and we all hit Nando's for dinner.

* McDonald's. Also, wha? I have no idea why you'd eat Mickey Dee's for breakfast but there it is.
** "Commodore" is usually Cockney slang for a dozen pounds or fifteen pounds or something like that. I have no idea what it means here except it has to be some kind of vehicle.
*** No clue what SSV means. (Seriously Spacious Vehicle, maybe?)
**** Or FIFO either.

Last edited:
TRanslation:

Your having a drinking session getting REALLY drunk with the boys, having lots of drink and its awesome. Dave and Steve are setting up the BBQ to cook some sausages, but the gas bottle is empty! Baz wants to get McDonalds but you had it for breakfast and Tom had it for Lunch. The Archie, the great guy he is, goes "hey boys I'll be designated driver", every one gets in his car (hes getting a lot of money doing first in first out jobs, like construction) and we all drive to nandos for dinner...

Australian bogan slang

In Canajun:

Right, man, it's like this: you're having a Sunday session getting fuckin' hammered with the boys, just having a straight-up awesome party. Dave and Steve are firing up the grill to cook some sausages but there's no fucking propane! So Barry's like: "Who's up for a Mickey Dee's run?" but you had Mickey Dee's for breakfast* and Tommy had it this [afternoon?]. Then Archie, that magnificent bastard, goes: "Hey boys I'll be designated driver," piles us into [his car?**] ([???***] because he's stacking serious cash doing [???****]) and we all hit Nando's for dinner.

* McDonald's. Also, wha? I have no idea why you'd eat Mickey Dee's for breakfast but there it is.
** "Commodore" is usually Cockney slang for a dozen pounds or fifteen pounds or something like that. I have no idea what it means here except it has to be some kind of vehicle.
*** No clue what SSV means.
**** Or FIFO either.

I'm disappointed that in Canadian it is still McDonalds and not Tim Horton's.

TRanslation:

Your having a drinking session getting REALLY drunk with the boys, having lots of drink and its awesome. Dave and Steve are setting up the BBQ to cook some sausages, but the gas bottle is empty! Baz wants to get McDonalds but you had it for breakfast and Tom had it for Lunch. The Archie, the great guy he is, goes "hey boys I'll be designated driver", every one gets in his car (hes getting a lot of money doing first in first out jobs, like construction) and we all drive to nandos for dinner...

Australian bogan slang

Thank you, but what's a bogan?

"I dunno, what's a bogan you?"

Please explain.

Timmy's is just for coffee. No sane person eats the food at Tim Horton's.

Pleased to see my translation was close, "FIFO" should've been obvious in retrospect. :D

Timmy's is just for coffee. No sane person eats the food at Tim Horton's.

Pleased to see my translation was close, "FIFO" should've been obvious in retrospect. :D

What sane person eats food at McDonalds?

Fully sick?

Hahahahaha!

That's Leb! Lebanese.

I'll have to read the rest again, but that part made me lol! :D

bogan is a really laid back lazy person, usually living off government payments, going out getting drunk every weekend, looks a little messy, possibly dropped out of highschool, can't speak proper english to save their life.

Fully sick?

Hahahahaha!

That's Leb! Lebanese.

I'll have to read the rest again, but that part made me lol! :D

Bgr0RhkCAAE0Zg2.png

bogan is a really laid back lazy person, usually living off government payments, going out getting drunk every weekend, looks a little messy, possibly dropped out of highschool, can't speak proper english to save their life.

Thanks! That's the basic idea...here's the British original Cheeky Nandos slang...

you know like when you’re hanging with the lads and its top notch banter and your mate joe is like lets go down for a cheeky nandos but you’re skint so you’re like i dont have quids for that lets just go for a quick maccies or gregs or somat and joe bloody banterclaus is like stop being a wanker but then your lad johnny offers to pay for your nandos cuz he’s a absolute fuckin ledge so you’re well chuffed and you all get proper hyped having top bants bout torie cunts with your fucking ledges

Kiwi version: (also requiring girlsmiley translation)

Yeah nah, bro, it’s when you’re doing nothing much at the flat with your mates - on the piss getting completely shit-faced and it’s mean as. Jono’s munted and Jim’s knackered so you round up the cuzzies ready to grab some fish n chips but Matt’s all “nah bro” throwing a hissy fit ‘coz the nearest dairy’s out in the wop-wops and his last paua fritter was real dodgy. Then Vinnie and TK rock on up and they’ve got room in the boot (choice!), so you get your a into g and head full tit down to nandos for some sweet as kai. The place is chocka but you’re good as gold.

Canadian:

"so ull be out playin hockey w/ ur mates and then kyle will complain hes gettin hungry and hes like sauce me that sick drink so u and ur squad gotta make ur way down 2 timmies to get some french vanillas and timbits and have some mad chirps so u guys go down with ur matchin roots sweatpants and khaki shorts w/ sperrys and backwards hockey hats and greasy ass flows then ur man chris realises he gotta go see that rocket hes currently wheelin so he tries to leave but before that ur pal spencer.. who is absolutely SAVAGE.. and a downright fuckin legend decides to chirp him real good by callin chris a fuckin duster and everyones like FUCK MAN OO KILL ‘EM SHOTS FIRED and by this point u all know that chris got roasted like a CHESTNUT and man hes REKT’D and so y'all gonna be bantin about it all the way to timmies whilst chris is out missin shots wheelin thots"

WHAT DID I SAY? Timmies.

Yeeeah.

In Canajun:

*** No clue what SSV means. (Seriously Spacious Vehicle, maybe?)
**** Or FIFO either.

** Commodore is a brand of Holden car
***SSV is a type of Commodore

Yeah nah, bro, it’s when you’re doing nothing much at the flat with your mates - on the piss getting completely shit-faced and it’s mean as. Jono’s munted and Jim’s knackered so you round up the cuzzies ready to grab some fish n chips but Matt’s all “nah bro” throwing a hissy fit ‘coz the nearest dairy’s out in the wop-wops and his last paua fritter was real dodgy. Then Vinnie and TK rock on up and they’ve got room in the boot (choice!), so you get your a into g and head full tit down to nandos for some sweet as kai. The place is chocka but you’re good as gold.

cuzzies= friends (mauri's tend to refer to friends as cuz)
wop-wops = far away
a into g = ass into gear (get going)
chocka= full

cuzzies= friends (mauri's tend to refer to friends as cuz)
wop-wops = far away
a into g = ass into gear (get going)
chocka= full

I learned a into g yesterday!

Canadian:

"[noooooo]"

Well, I guess it's possible someone somewhere in Canada talks like that. :D

You did get "shots fired!" right, though.

(Nando's doesn't need to be translated really, they have outlets in Canada. If I had to compare them to anything it'd be KFC.)

Bogan: The only thing that's dropped out of highschool is your boyfriends nuts from your mouth. Quit hogging the bong Ash, fuck sakes.

Pretty much sums up a bogan, yes? :D

I require translation.

fuckin', that I get.

Mate, it's like this:

You're drinking on Sunday getting blind drunk with the boys, having an awesome drinking session and having a great time. David and Steven are cooking sausages on the BBQ but there's something wrong with the gas bottle. Barry asks "Who would like to go to McDonald's?", but you had had McDonald's for breakfast that morning. Archie - who is awesome according to me - volunteers to be the designated driver (he drives an SS-V Holden because he makes a lot of money doing Fly-in-fly-out jobs in the mining or oil or gas industry) and we all head down to Nandos to eat.

Mate, it's like this:

You're drinking on Sunday getting blind drunk with the boys, having an awesome drinking session and having a great time. David and Steven are cooking sausages on the BBQ but there's something wrong with the gas bottle. Barry asks "Who would like to go to McDonald's?", but you had had McDonald's for breakfast that morning. Archie - who is awesome according to me - volunteers to be the designated driver (he drives an SS-V Holden because he makes a lot of money doing Fly-in-fly-out jobs in the mining or oil or gas industry) and we all head down to Nandos to eat.

So Maccas and Commodore should be capitalized!

Back