Vanilla marriage-extramarital D/s relationships

The loss and grieiving?

I have a question.... Well I guess first Ill explain my situation so you know completely and totally why I am asking this.... I have been in and out of the BDSM world primarily in the D/s world... since I was in my early 20's always splitting up into the Vanilla world cause I couldnt find a man who wanted a FT relationship in the 24/7 ways I Wanted. I recently have been living cross country from my husband, who is my soul mate for many things but doesnt see the D/s side of life. he is very Vanilla. So one night when I couldnt sleep I found an ad I anwsered, it was as if immdiately my dreams had been pushed open , I met someone I clicked with and the best part we were both married so we didnt want to end those marriages... We started chatting, emailing, im, texting and etc... and it was immenient that he was going to collar me and make me his Slut... I was estatic and so was he.... We spoke everyday almost and met online almost nightly. He told me he wasnt going to replace me when I moved to the other side of the country in fact he would be just as happy if we stayed as it was online and saw each other whenever we could. The last time we saw each other he pushed me very far into my limits. and I was in Sub heaven.... we decided at the end of the session he wouldnt call me until today ( monday) but yesterday afternoon he called me. I could tell by his voice , my heart sank.. he had received a letter from his wife that said she wanted to be his Sub and he told me, it never has worked out due to restrictions and to give him some time to see where it lead to. I was sad but I told him it was okay... I cried cause I was very emotionally attached to him and it wasnt that long we were together mayabe a month and half... and now today I am having withdrawls to no end. I am not sure why I keep having flashbacks and wants and needs.. I want to know if this is the process when you lose a Dom you really wanted to serve.. Part of me thinks he will come back and then I am faced with the deliemma of do I kneel at his side immdiately or will my trust be gone? How long will it take before I do trust him again if I take his collar again? and when will my HEART stop hurting... acckk okay well Thanks..;)
:mad:

SubKekiLee said:
I have a question.... Well I guess first Ill explain my situation so you know completely and totally why I am asking this.... I have been in and out of the BDSM world primarily in the D/s world... since I was in my early 20's always splitting up into the Vanilla world cause I couldnt find a man who wanted a FT relationship in the 24/7 ways I Wanted. I recently have been living cross country from my husband, who is my soul mate for many things but doesnt see the D/s side of life. he is very Vanilla. So one night when I couldnt sleep I found an ad I anwsered, it was as if immdiately my dreams had been pushed open , I met someone I clicked with and the best part we were both married so we didnt want to end those marriages... We started chatting, emailing, im, texting and etc... and it was immenient that he was going to collar me and make me his Slut... I was estatic and so was he.... We spoke everyday almost and met online almost nightly. He told me he wasnt going to replace me when I moved to the other side of the country in fact he would be just as happy if we stayed as it was online and saw each other whenever we could. The last time we saw each other he pushed me very far into my limits. and I was in Sub heaven.... we decided at the end of the session he wouldnt call me until today ( monday) but yesterday afternoon he called me. I could tell by his voice , my heart sank.. he had received a letter from his wife that said she wanted to be his Sub and he told me, it never has worked out due to restrictions and to give him some time to see where it lead to. I was sad but I told him it was okay... I cried cause I was very emotionally attached to him and it wasnt that long we were together mayabe a month and half... and now today I am having withdrawls to no end. I am not sure why I keep having flashbacks and wants and needs.. I want to know if this is the process when you lose a Dom you really wanted to serve.. Part of me thinks he will come back and then I am faced with the deliemma of do I kneel at his side immdiately or will my trust be gone? How long will it take before I do trust him again if I take his collar again? and when will my HEART stop hurting... acckk okay well Thanks..;)
:mad:

I am so sad that you are hurting. I can't really answer your question because I am stil with the first Dom I have ever had.

However, I follow certain rules since I am married and I enjoy being with married men. The number one rule is--The marriage comes first ! I know I will always be 2nd to his wife. His "other" life-his wife, his kids, grandchildren, job etc etc comes before me. I have a husband at hom who is my soulmate. I don't want or need another husband. He doesn't need another wife. Our relationship is unique and special on it's own.

Sometimes this is difficult when I really need to talk to him or I am missing him but it is during times I can not call him. But it is the way it is if you make the choice to be with someone who is married.

I hope things work out for you.

will2power said:
What you are missing, is that you took vows. You made a vow to your husband/wife to place them above all others. That's what marriage is-- You have declared to the world that you have placed this man or this woman above all others in your life.

Vows are cute. Marriage is combining our purchasing power. Always has been. Beyond that you've going to get a lot of different definitions per couple.

Last edited:
ecstaticsub said:
I am so sad that you are hurting. I can't really answer your question because I am stil with the first Dom I have ever had.

However, I follow certain rules since I am married and I enjoy being with married men. The number one rule is--The marriage comes first ! I know I will always be 2nd to his wife. His "other" life-his wife, his kids, grandchildren, job etc etc comes before me. I have a husband at hom who is my soulmate. I don't want or need another husband. He doesn't need another wife. Our relationship is unique and special on it's own.

Sometimes this is difficult when I really need to talk to him or I am missing him but it is during times I can not call him. But it is the way it is if you make the choice to be with someone who is married.

I hope things work out for you.

Thanks.. I know with time it will get better.. I am sure.. I am glad to know I am not the only sub to feel this way... as for me accepting that his "other" life came first I knew this. I just didnt expect her to come around and now to add insult to injury... My mom was just found she attempted suicide my dad found her.. UGH... arrgh I think Ill go put my head in the sand..
Thanks for your warmth and thoughts I appriciate it

SubKekiLee said:
Thanks.. I know with time it will get better.. I am sure.. I am glad to know I am not the only sub to feel this way... as for me accepting that his "other" life came first I knew this. I just didnt expect her to come around and now to add insult to injury... My mom was just found she attempted suicide my dad found her.. UGH... arrgh I think Ill go put my head in the sand..
Thanks for your warmth and thoughts I appriciate it

*hugs* I'm so sorry this happened on top of your other hurt. It does seem like life throws a bunch of crap at us at once. I hope you don't go too far in the sand though, only as far as you need to:) I'm sure you are a strong person.

Ivy :rose:

GentleSub_Ivy said:
*hugs* I'm so sorry this happened on top of your other hurt. It does seem like life throws a bunch of crap at us at once. I hope you don't go too far in the sand though, only as far as you need to:) I'm sure you are a strong person.

Thanks Ivy I can feel your warmth and support... {{{{ivy}}}}} I wont bury myself too far or Ill never come back I just dont understand why we are challenged like this in life... sometimes I feel like it would be better to hide.. ;) But Ill be okay with time I am sure... Thanks again

Consensual

ecstaticsub said:
Thanks for all your responses. I have been on another board where I was torn to bits for having an extramarital relationship even though my husband does approve and encourages it. According to them it would have been ok if he was allowed to watch and participate but thought that since he didn't want to then I was doing something wrong. Over the past few years and meeting so many people who have so many different kinds of relationships and marriages I would never judge the choices someone else makes.

Since you have his permission I can't see any wrong in it frankly.

Very tough situation

There are so many cases of a wife who needs submission yet her husband is unwilling or unable to do the job. Genuinely submissive women really don't have a choice they MUST HAVE it and if they can find the dom for them then they must do what their heart tells them. Of course this is a different context from when a husband permits the wife to go off on BDSM dates, this was covered on WE's SECRET LIVES OF WOMEN, they often repeat those so keep an eye on it.

lynnh said:
There are so many cases of a wife who needs submission yet her husband is unwilling or unable to do the job. Genuinely submissive women really don't have a choice they MUST HAVE it and if they can find the dom for them then they must do what their heart tells them. Of course this is a different context from when a husband permits the wife to go off on BDSM dates, this was covered on WE's SECRET LIVES OF WOMEN, they often repeat those so keep an eye on it.

This DOES seem to be a really common problem... resulting in difficult choices. The wives who HAVE their spouse's permission to experience domination elsewhere are soooooo lucky... :(

My husband doesn't know that I have a master, I have only physically met my master twice anyway. The thing is my husband has cheated on me ever since we started dating, and I always forgave him. I have only ever cheated on him with my master, but it was so liberating.

Slave_of_Desire said:
My husband doesn't know that I have a master, I have only physically met my master twice anyway. The thing is my husband has cheated on me ever since we started dating, and I always forgave him. I have only ever cheated on him with my master, but it was so liberating.
Why are you still married?

bobshortforkate said:
Why are you still married?

possibly why many people stay in marriages...ranging from loving their spouse, financial reasons, family/children, to fear of leaving, the unknown and the upheaval that involves, to name but a few.....?

minx1 said:
possibly why many people stay in marriages...ranging from loving their spouse, financial reasons, family/children, to fear of leaving, the unknown and the upheaval that involves, to name but a few.....?
Hmm, ok. Good points.

minx1 said:

Thank you. I am in a really pissy mood and pondered responding to that post but decided not to. You put it really well, concisely, and above all politely. ;)

GentleSub_Ivy said:
Thank you. I am in a really pissy mood and pondered responding to that post but decided not to. You put it really well, concisely, and above all politely. ;)

*smiles* Thankyou Ivy. I just know that what's right for one person isn't necessarily the same for anyone else. I left my husband when I discovered his numerous affairs. I didn't love him at that point, I cared for him, but I had lost all respect. If I had still loved him maybe I would still be there now lol. Leaving left me in a huge mess financially and the divorce was nothing short of horrendous. He took me to court to fight me for the proceeds from the sale of our house. It effected my health, physically and mentally, my home, my work.... everything.
For me, leaving was still the best thing I ever did but I can completely understand why someone else would choose to stay.

GentleSub_Ivy said:
It wasn't my intention to be a bitch though my question did come off that way. Please accept my apology.

lynnh said:

I don't think I need submission. It is very much a part of me, but truthfully I have a fantastic ability to fantasize. I was not looking for a PYL when I found my Daddy. I was simply enjoying being a flirt and we just hit it off on-line. He had told me from the beginning that he had had past submissives and we talked about D/s, Through encouraging me to reveal my fantasies no matter how "dirty" or naughty they seemed to me we found out we had so much in common.

As far as me being lucky that my husband allows me to do this with permission, I agree. For a husband to allow his wife to be controlled by another man is not an easy thing, and I do appreciate it. I also don't take it for granted. I make sure his needs are met too, both sexually and emotionally. (and all the normal household stuff is running well) My husband has certainly reaped some benefits from the situation. As he says, so many of his friends complain about their wives losing interest in sex- being more into shopping or the kids or a hobby-and he has a wife whose "hobby" makes her want sex all the time. :) I know that keeping my husband happy in the long run makes things better for my D/s relationship and keeping my Daddy happy is best for my marriage too. Sometimes I feel stretched a little thin, and that I come last but in the end it is well worth it.

Slave_of_Desire said:
Please forgive my rudeness in post 61.

bobshortforkate said:
Please forgive my rudeness in post 61.

Hey bsfk, don't beat yourself up about it. You sounded slightly abrasive, thats all, having said that, you're not the first and you won't be the last lol. Its nice of you to accept that and apologise. I am sure people will accept it on face value *smiles*

Last edited:
bobshortforkate said:
It wasn't my intention to be a bitch though my question did come off that way. Please accept my apology.

No problem at all. It's just my personal situation that makes me sensitive right now. Thank you for your apology, and I hope my sensitivity didn't make you feel crappy. :(

GentleSub_Ivy said:
No problem at all. It's just my personal situation that makes me sensitive right now. Thank you for your apology, and I hope my sensitivity didn't make you feel crappy. :(

*HUGS* Ivy :rose:

GentleSub_Ivy said:

Thank you :rose:

Not crappy, but it did make me take a step back and see my post from a different perspective, and that's not a bad thing.

bobshortforkate said:
Thank you :rose:

Not crappy, but it did make me take a step back and see my post from a different perspective, and that's not a bad thing.

I like it when that happens. It's like a mini self-discovery. Something you can take with and grow from. I find it awesome that you openly admitted it, too!

Back