CA 'Bathroom bill'

haurni

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Posts
978
A trans friend pointed me to this article from The Transadvocate on another of the American Religious Right's attempts to disenfranchise LGBTQ people.

Notable among the Pacific Justice Institute's descriptions of the issue are statements like "It is our position that the intrusion of a biological male into a restroom for teenage girls is inherently intimidating and harassing" (emphasis added). So the mere fact that a trans girl is present in the school and uses the girl's washroom automatically becomes an 'incident of harassment' regardless of whether or not anything has actually happened.

http://www.transadvocate.com/jd4pji...-the-sweet-victory-of-trans-youth_n_12795.htm
 
A trans friend pointed me to this article from The Transadvocate on another of the American Religious Right's attempts to disenfranchise LGBTQ people.

Notable among the Pacific Justice Institute's descriptions of the issue are statements like "It is our position that the intrusion of a biological male into a restroom for teenage girls is inherently intimidating and harassing" (emphasis added). So the mere fact that a trans girl is present in the school and uses the girl's washroom automatically becomes an 'incident of harassment' regardless of whether or not anything has actually happened.

http://www.transadvocate.com/jd4pji...-the-sweet-victory-of-trans-youth_n_12795.htm

Yep. Note that the PJI have been caught trying to fabricate incidents of bathroom harassment, and the resulting pressure led to a girl being placed on suicide watch. Evil fuckers.

Also worth noting: while the PJI themselves are your standard Religious Right bible-thumpers, one of their biggest allies in all this has been Cathy Brennan, a self-proclaimed "lesbian rights activist" who hates trans women so much that she's willing to jump in bed with the homophobes if it lets her get in a kick at a trans schoolgirl. Very bad news.
 
Being an asshole is not an exclusive right of cis-genders - LGBTQ should have the same rights :cool:
 
Just so you all know who Cathy Brennan is. The hate group masquerading as feminists.


If you didn't follow the link to the partition to have her removed from the American Bar Association’s Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, here's the link it also points outs more of her cruel actions.
Remove Cathy Brennan as liaison To ABA's Commission on LGBT


She was also mentioned in this article by Cristan Williams TERF Battles, later she even tried to intimidate Out Smart because they published the article. Cathy Brennan attempts to censor LGBT magazine


More here, http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cathy_Brennan

For more about organized TERF groups, many claiming to be feminist, go here The TERFs , before you follow any link marked with an * please first read their WARNING!, these groups do try to follow and out anyone who is trans, just like Brennan does.
 
The amount of hate some people have for others is just frightening.
 
A trans friend pointed me to this article from The Transadvocate on another of the American Religious Right's attempts to disenfranchise LGBTQ people.

Notable among the Pacific Justice Institute's descriptions of the issue are statements like "It is our position that the intrusion of a biological male into a restroom for teenage girls is inherently intimidating and harassing" (emphasis added). So the mere fact that a trans girl is present in the school and uses the girl's washroom automatically becomes an 'incident of harassment' regardless of whether or not anything has actually happened.

http://www.transadvocate.com/jd4pji...-the-sweet-victory-of-trans-youth_n_12795.htm

You don't really know what disenfranchisement is, do you?
 
You don't really know what disenfranchisement is, do you?
I am using it in the sense of 'to remove or restrict the rights of' and, by extension, 'to violate the rights of'.

I suppose that if the state in question has no existing law that allows transgirls to use women's washrooms then arguably no legal right is being affected by this bill. If you wish to argue that trans folks have no moral right to live as their identified gender and so are not 'disenfranchised' then we're skating on thin ice. Please clarify.
 
Last edited:
I believe California has specific protections for trans folks using restrooms in their anti discrimination laws. Doesn't mean much, gender identity is protected under NYC law, but some dumb flatfoot who works for the MTA police force busted a M to F transwoman using the women's room at Grand Central..on the other hand, I have used a lot of women's rooms, including at sports stadiums and such, and no one bothered me, maybe because I didn't dawdle, not certain.

As far as some dyke troll coseying up to the religious right, that has an old, old trail. Besides a public fuckwad like Tammy Baldwin (I think that is her name, writes all these hard right books, dyke version of Rush Limbaugh,not talking the congressperson from Wisconsin), so called feminists also cosyed up to the religious right types in trying to ban porn (back in the Catherine MacKinnon/Andrea Dworking days of "if a man goes to bed with a woman, it is inherently rape kind of drivel).....The lgbt community has changed a lot over the years, but there sadly are still a lot of dried up old 'feminists' who think that transwomen are men in drag, that they transition to better rape women and all kinds of crap. To this day, there are a number of women only events and places that won't let someone they know is trans attend, last I checked the infamous "Michigan Womyn's Music Festival" still excluded transwomen, but oddly enough, allows F to M transmen go, even those who are on T, been living as men for years and so forth.......
 
Jelly Beans Baron Donates Thousands to Persecute Trans Students

"California's transphobic dickhead community just got a financial boost from the man in charge of the company behind the jelly bean.

Some of you may remember that last August, California passed the School Success and Opportunity Act, a bill that allowed trans students in the state to choose programs (e.g. sports) and use facilities (e.g. restrooms) on the basis of gender identity rather than birth gender. Today, Herman Rowland Sr., Chairman of the Jelly Belly Candy Company — purveyors of the jelly bean, among other confections — was outed as a donor to the "Privacy of All Students" initiative to the tune of $5000. The deliberately misleadingly-named initiative seeks to gather enough signatures to land a repeal of the SSOA on the ballot for the next election cycle — a big deal since conservatives tend to turn out in huge numbers during mid-term elections.

By the way, the guy behind the initiative? One Frank Schubert, previously the strategist for the loathsome Proposition 8 and the current political director for the National Organization for Marriage. Surprisingly, NOM hasn't yet been declared a hate group (unlike their sister organization, the Family Research Council), but it's really only a matter of time."

-----

Here's an article about others who've caught some backlash for donating to Prop 8 and similar campaigns:

"What are we to make of all this? Is it a good thing that our opponents are hounded out of a job?

Well, on one hand, yes, it’s helpful to demonstrate that opposing marriage equality is so unacceptable that people will just flat-out refuse to do business with bigots. This isn’t just an “agree to disagree” situation; it’s just flat-out unconscionable.

But on the other hand, it is really useful to our opponents when this happens. It plays right into their narrative: the gays are the intolerant ones, who won’t allow people to have different opinions. That’s nonsense, of course, but it’s also a really tempting story if you are looking for a reason to be afraid of homosexuals.

But on the OTHER other hand, what are LGBTs supposed to do when someone wants to harm us? Say, Oh, you think we’re inferior people, but we’re going to keep giving you our business because we don’t want to create the impression that we’re angry?"
 
I for one will not be losing sleep over Brendan Eich 'losing' his job. I don't believe for one second that he will be out of pocket: the only thing to be harmed will be his ego, at least for a day or two
 
I have heard all the crap from conservatives, how Eich was 'railroaded' by 'activist gays' and so forth. It is amazing that conservatives yell and scream about the power of the market, yet when it comes into play with something like this, they yell and scream how they are victims. Put it this way, if a company fired an employee for making statements the company didn't like, the conservatives would be saying that is the right of the employer, which shows that many conservatives are rank hypocrites, they want a one way street in their favor, and if they don't get it, they whine like little kids. Eich has every right to his beliefs, but Mozilla is a public company and if his beliefs are contrary to what the company stands for, or if his beliefs and actions pose a threat to the company, they have a right to act. Mozilla isn't located down in the hookworm belt, it is in silicon valley and it wants to attract smart, intelligent, creative people, not redneck born again Christians, and they certainly don't want to alienate the tech community. Like the dumb woman who got offended because two geeks at a conference made an off color remark about something said at the conference and decided to go off in a tizzy and get the guys fired, and her company faced a backlash that led to her being fired, when you work for a company, you are not supposed to do things that clash with the company and its business. People have been fired for stuff they said on Facebook, people have been fired because their politics clashed with the person who owned the company, and I don't exactly see conservatives whining about that (of course, generally in these cases it is some right wing nutjob like the Koch brothers firing someone who is liberal, but that doesn't count...).

Personally, I think Eich should be shot out of a cannon into a brick wall for creating **********, but that is a different story.
 
Back
Top