how do I fix my vibe?!

Felineofavenueb

Experienced
My vibe started making this screeching sound when I turn it on. I don't know how to fix it. Maybe someone can help me out? I posted a pic of it, since there are so many kinds. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 474
Most vibes are made cheaply and not meant to be repaired. If your dad can't fix it, throw it out and ask Santa for a new one.

I would just chuck it, they really aren't sturdy enough to be repaired.

What we do is we have a couple of $10 ones that are pretty much good for a few months then we chuck them.

The other option is to invest $50+ in a high end type that shouldn't break down easily.

hi

most cant be fixed,you can try and take apart.sounds like motor bearings going out.

Hmmmm

Are you sure it's the vibe that starts screeching when you turn it on? ;)

The little motor inside has bushings (sort of the cheaper form of bearing) and they've dried out, perhaps rusted from some humidity, and now the motor shaft doesn't turn easily, causing it to "chatter". If you had a mechanically inclined friend who could open it up, spray some WD40 in there, it might work for a bit longer. You might not have to even open it up, as the battery compartment may allow that long spout to reach.

The smell of WD40 isn't much of a turn-on though. :rolleyes:

It's also possible that something has shifted inside (the counterweight) and things are rubbing against other parts, causing the noise.

It really sounds like it's time for a new one.

The little motor inside has bushings (sort of the cheaper form of bearing) and they've dried out, perhaps rusted from some humidity, and now the motor shaft doesn't turn easily, causing it to "chatter". If you had a mechanically inclined friend who could open it up, spray some WD40 in there, it might work for a bit longer. You might not have to even open it up, as the battery compartment may allow that long spout to reach.

It's also possible that something has shifted inside (the counterweight) and things are rubbing against other parts, causing the noise.

I have to agree with many of the other posters honey. I think you are going to have to face the facts that you wore it out and it is time for a new one. Try to think of it possitively. It had a good life as a sex toy and hopefully brought you lots of pleasure during its use, but that screeching sounds awful and not discreet at all. Its time to put that vibe to rest and make a new purchase. I personally recommend a rabbit. They allow you to stimulate the hot spots all at once. They're pricey, but the last one I had lasted me years and felt amazing.

Lol...I immediately thought of WD40 also....if it don't move, WD40....if it moves too much, Duct Tape...Might be time for "out with the old....IN with the new"!! :D

I dunno, I've always really liked the smell of WD-40. :D (seriously!)

I would personally agree with all that have recommended just getting a new vibe. With the exception of my Hitachi Magic Wand (which I heartily endorse), every other vibe I've had has been fairly expendable. They die; it happens. With something like the Hitachi, though, the higher price is more than worth it for the quality of the product. I've had mine for years and it gets pretty well abused. :eek: It's still my favorite toy, and quite honestly it's the only one I use the vast majority of the time.

It's a sad sad day when one's favorite vibe dies. I have had that happen, usually when I really need to use it, only to find that it functions no more. I'm sorry for your loss.

I dunno, I've always really liked the smell of WD-40. :D (seriously!)

I would personally agree with all that have recommended just getting a new vibe. With the exception of my Hitachi Magic Wand (which I heartily endorse), every other vibe I've had has been fairly expendable. They die; it happens. With something like the Hitachi, though, the higher price is more than worth it for the quality of the product. I've had mine for years and it gets pretty well abused. :eek: It's still my favorite toy, and quite honestly it's the only one I use the vast majority of the time.

+10 on the Magic Wand,it's pricey,but it took 7 years for Scarlett_69 and I to wear one out.:D

Funeral

It's a sad sad day when one's favorite vibe dies. I have had that happen, usually when I really need to use it, only to find that it functions no more. I'm sorry for your loss.

At this particularly distressing time I can only offer my deepest sympathies at your loss. May the passing of time ease your pain.

Maybe A good tongue lashing will do instead!

You probably can't fix it. But I understand if you don't want to just throw it out, sometimes you get attached to certain toys for one reason or another. One option is to go to your local home improvement store and pick up the cheapest palm sander they have. Preferably one with variable speed. Use the vibrating base of the sander (without the sandpaper attached) to touch the base of your nonworking vibe while it is inserted. Be warned, this is incredibly intense. If you like mild vibrations you may not want to try this. But, if you want your teeth to rattle give this a try.

Speak for yourself!

i have a big plastic container that slides under my bed full of parts and pieces of old vibes and other sex related things that i have torn apart and tried to repair. i have had success repairing vibe eggs and bullets and i have made vibrators using parts from other vibes and have them work, but it is a pain and it takes time, but sometimes it's fun just to see if i can do it! lol someday i will throw all of the b.s. in the trash!!

Use BreakFree instead. That's a sexy smell!

But yes, it might be dead. But remember, it went to interesting places and served you in a way, few other household appliances did.
It is not the loss of an old tool, it is the possibility of a new!

If you had a mechanically inclined friend who could open it up, spray some WD40 in there, it might work for a bit longer.

Actually, WD40 isn't a very good lubricant. It tends to gum up the works and bind the crap that's generated when the bushings and brushes wear. It might be OK if the only way to get the lube in there is to spray it in, but light oils like 3-in-1 or sewing machine oil are a better choice. Me, I'd go with a spray-on silicon lubricant.

I honestly doubt you'd be able to open it to fix it even if you wanted to. But if it is dead-dead and you'll only ever use it again if you can get it working again, then go for it! Open it up!

I would agree that it sounds like the bushings from the motor going bad. WD40 isn't the best here - 3-in-1 oil would work better, or even some vegetable oil, but you're only going to buy time. It will break again.

You can find all kinds of motors on the interwebs, but you're really talking about more money to fix it then to buy a new one. Unless there is something REALLY special about this one, I'd just go for a new one.

Cheers.

Back