Unreasonable Attacks

Actually, you just led with bitching (it's in your profile), so you've invited what's happening to you. Yes, it's too bad it's happening, but this is the Internet. You chose to come on the Internet and this is what happens on the Internet. And when you bitch back about it, you invite more attacks. That's the nature of the Internet.

I think we've had enough of this now.

The bit on my profile... came AFTER not before this. Just so you know.

So, you can anticipate more/deeper of what you don't like if you remain on Literotica. Think about it. Will reiterate what others have posted. You're not getting any special treatment from trolls over anyone else, you led with the chin on the story that seems to have set you off, and you're bitching (somewhat irrelevantly) far more than the average author here does--and not just on this thread.

If you truly don't want to calm down and look at this objectively after the responses you got, then Literotica indeed doesn't seem to be the playground for you. It's true that prima donnas don't tend to last long here.

I'm not saying this to argue with you because we all do things differently, but the way your profile reads right now would make me not want to read your stories because you're coming off like a jerk.

You're also challenging the trolls by saying you will remove their comments. They are pretty much high school level so they will just say Oh, yeah?

If you enjoy writing, than just right and have fun. Someone bombs you odds are the vote will get swept at some point. They leave a nasty remark, then delete it, but challenging the readers is going to lose you good votes and not stop the bad ones.

i find it amusing to say the least that nymphwriter is being persecuted (seems like a harsh word but i couldn't find anything else to fit the scenario better) for being upset at receiving unfair abusive criticism and is somehow in the wrong here, being told that they need to suck it up and get over it?

Its wrong for people to be insulted and made to feel small by people who have no other reason to do so than to make themselves feel big. giving excuses like "they are just trolls, ignore them" or "you need a thicker skin" shows great stupidity in my opinion as all it does is give them the freedom to continue acting the way they do. Laurels lack of bringing down the bannerhammer when it comes to these people has always been a concern for many... Unfortunately that is the way she chooses to run her site, giving freedom of speech a true reign here. As such i don't blame her, i blame the people who refuse to support those who have trouble with such immature griefers and would rather sit there, condoning and siding with the trolls who's inappropriate attacks are driving people away from such a haven as we have here.

Trolls damage peoples ability to believe in their freedom of speech more than anything else, and as such they damage all of us who post here and threaten to destroy it more than any banhammer ever could.

I hope you manage to find a much better suited outlet to your creativity NymphWriter. Good Luck.

i find it amusing to say the least that nymphwriter is being persecuted (seems like a harsh word but i couldn't find anything else to fit the scenario better) for being upset at receiving unfair abusive criticism and is somehow in the wrong here, being told that they need to suck it up and get over it?

Its wrong for people to be insulted and made to feel small by people who have no other reason to do so than to make themselves feel big. giving excuses like "they are just trolls, ignore them" or "you need a thicker skin" shows great stupidity in my opinion as all it does is give them the freedom to continue acting the way they do. Laurels lack of bringing down the bannerhammer when it comes to these people has always been a concern for many... Unfortunately that is the way she chooses to run her site, giving freedom of speech a true reign here. As such i don't blame her, i blame the people who refuse to support those who have trouble with such immature griefers and would rather sit there, condoning and siding with the trolls who's inappropriate attacks are driving people away from such a haven as we have here.

Trolls damage peoples ability to believe in their freedom of speech more than anything else, and as such they damage all of us who post here and threaten to destroy it more than any banhammer ever could.

I hope you manage to find a much better suited outlet to your creativity NymphWriter. Good Luck.

there's no other way to deal with anonymous and sometimes vitriolic feedback, not without isolating those sources of feedback.; which, if you want feedback is a catch-22.

sucking it up and getting over it is decent advice - tough love.

take those comments for what they are - although i, personally, find the ones i get are often too comedic not to share. :D

yes, it's a pity that someone is being driven away by troll action. i hope it all turns out for the good.

That might have held for a while, but in actuality NymphWriter has just wanted to hang around and bitch about not getting all sorts of privileges. As has been pointed out NymphWriter's list is doing quite well in relationship to others and the one the story that set off all this whining across the forum was one that led with the chin--and was followed up by challenges to "come and get me." Well, guess what.

i
Trolls damage peoples ability to believe in their freedom of speech more than anything else.

Pardon me, but that doesn't really make sense. Technically, trolling is also free speech.

Anyway, it looks to me like NymphWriter's ouvre has actually been incredibly well received. More than half of her submissions have the tell-tale little red H beside them, including--Holy shit!--21 consecutive parts of a 23 part series! I'd kill for that kind of readership. Possibly I even really have and it just didn't work out.

It seems like the bone of the contention here is just her two more recent stories. And...yeah, I think everyone can identify with the disappointment and frustration that comes when a story doesn't go over well. But that's life, ya know? And actually, even one of those stories has exclusively glowing comments attached to it despite the slightly below average score. So really, the exclusive problem seems to be the July 8 story "Getting Even." Now, like I said, I don't blame her for being disappointed and frustrated at the feedback on that one. But you can't win 'em all.

It almost seems like she's looking for something to complain about.

Admittedly, she reads the comments in the LW genre so she knows the kind of stories and what situations get the most vitriol. Then she writes a story containing those situations and is surprised at the comments?

It's like a stripper going to a bachelor party, lying naked on the bed with her legs open and saying, "Here it is boys, come and get it," then crying rape at the end of the evening.

At some point, common sense has to come into play.

Thank god I didn't go to that bachelor party! I suspected the entertainment was a few crayons short of a box of Crayolas.

-V

You're right, Laurel could do some things to cut down on trolling. The first would be to eliminate anonymous. You have to sign up.

The argument is, if they cannot remain anon, they might leave. Then leave because the majority of those types are the trouble makers anyway.

Not to mention that even with a handle you are still anonymous. Sure you have to give lit an e-mail, so make up a throwaway one.

Now once everyone has a handle. Guess what? Just as readers can report a story authors could report a member as a troll. If laurel checks and sees that the person in question has left a slew of nasty hateful comments she can issue a warning and after that see ya later.

But like every other suggestion that would take work and effort. Its not going to happen so suck it up and move on is the best advice you can give and accept. Well that and leave the site which means they one.

In fact this thread tells the OP's trolls they have won.

Since I have been on this site, over one half million people have clicked on my stories. How many have actually read, I don't know. Every week I get favored by someone, about half my stories get red aitches. If a few people want to trash me, bring it on! I am and will be grateful for a site that makes it so easy to get my word out. Thank you Literotica!

Since I have been on this site, over one half million people have clicked on my stories. How many have actually read, I don't know. Every week I get favored by someone, about half my stories get red aitches. If a few people want to trash me, bring it on! I am and will be grateful for a site that makes it so easy to get my word out. Thank you Literotica!

There's no accounting for bad taste....like your closet fulla bell-bottom pants.

Oh, come on. Don't pretend you never wore them back in the day.

My foster father....went out and got a perm in the seventies, and he was not alone:eek:

You got any pix? It never happened.

My thing was Madras. I had madras sneakers and pants and shirt and sports coat. I was so cool people called me Mister Beer Cooler.

take those comments for what they are - although i, personally, find the ones i get are often too comedic not to share. :D

I never delete comments about the story whether they are favorable/unfavorable, useful/insane, whatever, it doesn't matter to me. That is fair game because I put it out there knowing I'd get them.

I draw the line at personal attacks because I haven't given them any information about me. I quietly delete this kind of comment, though sometimes they are so sad or funny, I post my own comment quoting the funny part and giving them a verbal hug because they obviously need it. Actually, they are probably in more dire need of a blowjob, but I don't do that.

rj

Actually, you just led with bitching (it's in your profile), so you've invited what's happening to you. Yes, it's too bad it's happening, but this is the Internet. You chose to come on the Internet and this is what happens on the Internet. And when you bitch back about it, you invite more attacks. That's the nature of the Internet.

I think we've had enough of this now.

NW, as others will confirm, I rarely agree totally with sr but this time he's nailed it.

You complain that with 30+ red H's out of 40+ stories you are being trolled. Uh?

90% of the writers here would die for your scores and if you are so naïve to fail to understand the difference between the sci-fi and LW readership (and their comments) you are silly.

Understand the cat before you post to it.

If you leave Lit it's like throwing your toys out of the pram. You want to publish? With a million plus members, this is a great platform for a launch.

Fact is....this site thrives on and enjoys angst and BS period. Many things could be done to improve many facets of the site and the boards, but none are. Its more fun to sit back and watch the little mice fight in their maze.

Just check out ownership's favorite hangout, the GB. for perfect examples of what is seen as amusing here.

Lit is heaven for cyber bullies.

Lit is Haven for Cyber Bullies

Yes, it is true that Lit may be a haven for cyber bullies.

Hope everyone realizes that cyber-bullying is now a crime and since it involves the internet- it is both a state and federal crime,

Hope none of the lit authors who are the brunt of these trolls who think it is fun to trash and be a cyber bully ever loses it and does harm to him or herself- because as a crime, Lit, as well as Laurel who runs it, could be subjected to both extensive civil and criminal penalties. As could the members because Lit would be considered an association which could include all members in the action.

Just saying.

Yes, it is true that Lit may be a haven for cyber bullies.

Hope everyone realizes that cyber-bullying is now a crime and since it involves the internet- it is both a state and federal crime,

Hope none of the lit authors who are the brunt of these trolls who think it is fun to trash and be a cyber bully ever loses it and does harm to him or herself- because as a crime, Lit, as well as Laurel who runs it, could be subjected to both extensive civil and criminal penalties. As could the members because Lit would be considered an association which could include all members in the action.

Just saying.

You have a point, but....proving it would be the problem. Cyber bullying is easily prosecuted when it involves facebook and twitter and social media because you can prove it. Its there for the public to see.

Here this crap is anonymous even lit handles are anonymous so if some distraught woman came here and said their husband offed himself because of abuse on the GB or nasty comments on stories...who are they going after?

I guess you think the site and I would not disagree, but can't see how it could be taken to that level.

Youll have to reveal who you are to the cops, and then your life partner will know where you spend your time, and Obama will hand over all your nasty emails to the court.

Youll have to reveal who you are to the cops, and then your life partner will know where you spend your time, and Obama will hand over all your nasty emails to the court.

Well in the scenario I gave the life partner is dead.

And not everyone here hides their activities on lit from their other half

and....obutthead already knows everything there is to know about was us down to what kind of guns we own and how many rounds we have for each.

Last edited:
Unreasonable attacks

You have a point, but....proving it would be the problem. Cyber bullying is easily prosecuted when it involves facebook and twitter and social media because you can prove it. Its there for the public to see.

Here this crap is anonymous even lit handles are anonymous so if some distraught woman came here and said their husband offed himself because of abuse on the GB or nasty comments on stories...who are they going after?

I guess you think the site and I would not disagree, but can't see how it could be taken to that level.

It's true it would be hard to find all of the members at Lit- but it's easy to find the Moderator- Laurel- who would be held responsible. And yes, Laurel could be found out.

Just go to who is.com and type in Literotica

Tells you everything about who owns Lit- Names, Addresses, telephone numbers, etc.

Just saying

Exercising bluster? I don't remember seeing any evidence that an attack or libel claimed against a nontrademarked fake name account on the Internet (especially if it can't be demonstrated the attacker knows who is behind the fake name and it can be proved they have connected the name with the real person in public purview) has any criminal or civil suit liability at all.

Back