A mortal in the Band (Closed)

"I am amped. It will be the first time I get to see if I really have what it takes to be a Death Dancer."

He paused, should he tell her?

Nah it was just dreams.

He nodded, "Yes I am perfectly fine."
 
I am sure you will do fine.

She smiled.

Just wanted to be sure.
 
He raised a clenched fist, "Power to the music and all who loves it."

He chuckled and brushed his hair back, bending over the guitar to play a few more chords to loosen his fingers.
 
She laughed and smiled.

Well then can't wait for the show.
 
"Will just have to copy down the chords in a bit. I can't go up on stage with a book."

He looked up at her, "You look even lovelier when you smile. You should do that a bit more often."
 
She smiled a little more at his comment.

Well thank you
 
He gave her a smile and got up from his perch.

"Will have to get some paper. We should sit down in a spare moment and check what songs we can come up with."

He unhooked the sling of the guitar from his shoulder and placed the guitar in the stand.
 
Sounds good. Whatever songs you are more comfortable with we can do.
 
He glanced over his shoulder at her as he gathered up a notepad and pen from a table

"Your style of course. I think a few new songs will just make the fans love the band more."
 
I meant our songs that you are most comfortable with playing.

She paused a moment.

You want to try some new songs tonight? Will we have enough time to prepare them?
 
He paused and thought about it

"No I don't think so, we will perhaps have some time to prepare a song or two, but I doubt that we will be confident with it."

He picked up the book with the sheet music and sat down on the couch, folding up and tearing the paper into smaller squares and then started to copy the notes onto the papers.
 
She smiled and curled up on the other end of the couch and mentally prepared for the performance.
 
There was a certain type of...familiarity about her curled up near him. He just felt that it should be closer, but his logical mind told him that would be unreasonable. He finished the papers, checked that they fitted on the guitar without sticking out too much. Of course the black made the white stand out a lot, but since he was not going to use The Eden this time, he knew that it would be alright.

He sat down again, guitar on his lap as he went over the chords and bass for the performance, keeping the sound down as to not disturb Eden.
 
Eden was deep in thought and did not notice the old woman walk past the room and give an odd look to the two of them sitting there before hurrying off to tend to her normal duties.
 
He was too busy to notice that they had both been noticed or even looked at, come to think about it, he had almost lost track that Eden was seated next to him.
 
He struck a chord and stood up

"Just want to put The Eden away and grab my guitar, then I will be ready."

He walked passed Omen and headed for his room, he caught a few figures prowling around, talking to each other, some glancing at him, but overall it seemed as silent as a church.

He placed The Eden in the guitar case, picked up his old guitar, stuck the notes to the neck and checked that it was still tuned. Satisfied, he stripped out of his shirt, picked a fresh t-shirt and slipped it on before heading out.
 
Omen nodded as he walked away and looked to Eden.

I cannot stop the old one if she tells him. I suspect she has plans to if she has not begun in other ways already. The others see him too. As much as I doubt the love struck fools vow to return to you... I see it too.

Eden shook her head and sighed.

I will wear the talisman during the show tonight beyond that I... If it is him... And they learn of this.... Omen I... I cannot go through that again.

With that she turned sharply and took off for her room.
 
Black-Gemstone-Accent-Antique-Coins-Long-Necklace-LC00064-2-300x400.jpg
 
He were just in time to catch Eden storming passed him and slamming a door behind her. He looked at the door and then at Omen.

"She OK? She seemed mighty upset."
 
Just some questions that don't really have any answers yet. She wants me to hopefully put a chill on grandma asking any more questions.

He shrugged

She will be fine. Just may make a slight wardrobe change from her normal. Nothing really out of the norm just comfort pieces. Let's just have everything ready to go.
 
"Grandma? Questions?"

He looked at Omen, sure that the puzzled tone of his voice was very evident on his face. Then he shook his head, "Yeah let's get packing."
 
The old lady that cooks for everyone. Questions about... Old family friend that Eden doesn't want to talk about.
 
"Ah yes, the one who thinks I have a nice voice. I kinda understand that."

Having helped bands before, he were no stranger to breaking down and setting up the equipment. Within minutes the two of them had the gear ready to move. Willing hands appeared and pretty soon the gear was gone, leaving only his guitar. He grinned at Omen.

"Hope they go along to unpack as well."
 
The kid sometimes does and she will help us. I'll let her know we are ready to go.

Omen walked away and the kid walked up waiting as well.
 
Back
Top