16/13 ~ The War On Guns Begins.

Yes, that's what internal and external militias are for.
2238617_o.gif

A-woman-US-Soldier-smiling-over-a-near-dead-POW.jpg

water-boarding-1.jpg

If you were american would you trust the popo/national guard/army if they told you that they would now bet taking ultimate and absolute power over your well being and security?

24775093.jpg

The military have their guns. The police have their guns. My neighbors have their guns. I've shared dinner with killers and have lived to talk. You have your guns, and irregardless of all the hype, you will be able to keep your guns. While regulations may change the type of weapon allowed in your home, no one will take them all, as long as the constitution remains the law of the land. With your comment about Mr. 9mm, you try to scare me into believing I need a gun. To that I say, fuck you. Take your fear and shove it up your ass. Putting more guns on the streets and in homes with children is not going to keep us safer. It just breeds more fear. The same gun makers whose guns murder children applaud you in doing their work for them.

"irregardless"
picard.jpg

If you don't want a gun I don't think you should have one...I even said if you don't want one don't buy one, cool IDGAF.

Oh I know they aren't taking shit....I'm not even against gun control I just love watching the anti gun jerk off's squirm around the rifle accessories ban they swear will work this time around reguardless of it's epic failure rate at preventing jack or shit.

Toss in some "WTF happened to regulation and education > prohibition?? It works everywhere else you say it will, why is this any different?" but but but....Ban pistol grips!! it will work!! lmao...

Last edited:
It's difficult to stop violence being the bottom line to every disagreement, but it is the right thing to keep trying.

The pen is mightier than the sword.
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

I actually agree with that. I have never even held a weapon...felt no need to. I do feel the need now to be trained in how to use and take care of one. I don't fear others as much as I am growing in distrust of the government.....:(

If it were to come down to a civil war, you will find me on the front lines advocating for a peaceful resolution. You will find me caring for the victims. You will find me with camera and paintbrush in hand, documenting unnecessary carnage, with the hope our children don't make the same mistakes.

I'm not even against gun control...

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

This is why I tend not to get too involved in political arguments on lit.

If it were to come down to a civil war, you will find me on the front lines advocating for a peaceful resolution. You will find me caring for the victims. You will find me with camera and paintbrush in hand, documenting unnecessary carnage, with the hope our children don't make the same mistakes.

I would hope you would be safe on the front lines.......

The pen is mightier than the sword.
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

This is why I tend not to get too involved in political arguments on lit.

Neci, I'd be doing the same thing, but with words rather than images. We'd make a good team. And in the bargain, you get me armed as well, working hard to keep us both safe while we document the horror and foolishness and senseless waste of our countrymen killing each other.

I agree that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I never understood why I had to choose one or the other. Both are excellent tools in the right situation.

Yes I am. And yes, you are.

No I'm not...I'm for regulation, training and licencing just like we do with our machine guns, which magically we don't have any problems with. :eek:

I never once advocated prohibition....that's bat shit right winger philosophy adopted by mostly left wing folks out of fear and ignorance. Not one of you has been able to give a reason why assault weapons are so much more of a threat than any other semi auto..."ITS A SCARY MILITARY WEAPON!!" not even close "BUT IT LOOKS LIKE ONE BAN IT!!!"
646-01468393w.jpg

Last edited:
No I'm not...I'm for regulation, training and licencing just like we do with our machine guns, which magically we don't have any problems with. :eek:

I never once advocated prohibition....that's bat shit right winger philosophy adopted by mostly left wing folks out of fear and ignorance.

I meant yes, you're confused.

If it comes to a civil war, over guns specifically (I'd have to wait and see what secondary and tertiary things were but assuming it was limited to guns) I'd simply button the hatches and let everybody else fight it out. Either side winning doesn't do much that I care about.

I doubt it ever has been. I would just hope that you would be safe in your pursuit of peace without violence....if it ever came to that.

As American citizens, we are some of the safest in the world when it comes to advocating for peace. We don't have to fear our doors being knocked in and our children being killed, just for speaking out against the government. We can post freely on the internet and we can let our voices be heard in public. There are so many places in the world where peace advocates risk their lives on a daily basis, just to be heard. We are blessed.

Would rather go down swinging than wind up a martyr any day of the week. ;)

i'll go down slinging paint.

Neci, I'd be doing the same thing, but with words rather than images. We'd make a good team. And in the bargain, you get me armed as well, working hard to keep us both safe while we document the horror and foolishness and senseless waste of our countrymen killing each other.

I agree that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I never understood why I had to choose one or the other. Both are excellent tools in the right situation.

Some are warriors with guns and weapons. Some are warriors by other means. I am not asking you to choose, just to explore the options available to you.

As American citizens, we are some of the safest in the world when it comes to advocating for peace. We don't have to fear our doors being knocked in and our children being killed, just for speaking out against the government. We can post freely on the internet and we can let our voices be heard in public. There are so many places in the world where peace advocates risk their lives on a daily basis, just to be heard. We are blessed.

Agreed. I hope it stays that way:)

The vast majority of people in the west don't have to worry much about speaking out against their government. We're far from unique there and if you factor in Africa and parts of South and Central America there are nations where the government is exactly what Americans always claim they want, afraid of it's citizens. I know if we want a treaty with Mexico we should probably go over the President's head and find the local drug lord.

Not saying that I'm not happy we don't fear our government, I'm just saying that you make this sound like it's something unique or even terribly rare in the world. We'll see how the Middle East shakes down once all this turmoil passes in another couple of years.

If you read my posts in full, enlightened you will be.

Against the ownership of guns but you're not a prohibitionist?

You are right..one of us is very confused.

pro·hi·bi·tion
/ˌprō(h)əˈbiSHən/
Noun
The action of forbidding something, esp. by law.
A law or regulation forbidding something.
Synonyms
interdict - ban - interdiction - proscription

Last edited:
Back