Old 10-05-2018, 03:00 AM   #1
maedhros21
Experienced

Comment moderation?

I am curious when comment review started here on Lit. I have no problem with it because sometimes the hate trolls can post anything they want about an authors stories. But I posted a comment tonight and it is pending moderator approval before posting....is this a new thing or has it been ongoing for awhile.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #2
Etaski
Literotica Guru

I believe it was implemented to stall/block the surge of spam comments authors were getting on their stories from "Maria" and other advertisements looking for a mature man. I don't think a human is "moderating" the comments of humans, but rather a robot is screening them to see if they match another obvious robot.

But that's what I heard.

My complaint is that if I make a comment, half the time it appears to have been cut off (only half of it is visible), even though, say it was a reply-comment to a comment on my own story, I can see the full comment I submitted on my Author Dashboard.

So...very buggy regardless.

I write in Sci-Fi & Fantasy settings and characters are often non-human. The action runs from consent to non-consent to BDSM to group sex and more. Variety is the spice of life. My Stories

Old 10-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #3
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

It started about 6 - 8 weeks ago in response to Spam hitting story comment files. As Etaski notes, it's more likely a spam finder bot than a real human being, looking for text with emails and web links. It takes about fifteen minutes (based on a reply I made to a comment on one of my stories) to check and publish.

Authors still have the ability to delete any comment received.

Note - Laurel has always been able to delete any comment made, at any time.

This is the first I've heard about text truncation, though.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 10-08-2018, 03:58 AM   #4
TJSkywind
Virgin

Sounds right

I think you've hit on it. The truncation of comments is troubling, but the effort is laudable.

I only notice the message appear in the evening, when I presume traffic is higher, slowing down the filter. If you notice your comments being truncated, I would report that to Laurel.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:26 AM   #5
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Oh, and update on the truncating comment... It's been resolved but took me a bit to come back around.

I did report the last truncated comment, Laurel and Manu did look into it, and it was a fairly simple trigger:

I like using <3 now and again, because some readers just deserve a few hearts.

The brackets were causing the truncation as something in the comments section was trying to process HTML.

As they don't want the comments section doing this, Manu poked at it. I haven't tried it again yet, but given he commented on my story four times one day then stopped (leaving not a trace behind, like Batman), I'm figuring he was satisfied with the fix.

I write in Sci-Fi & Fantasy settings and characters are often non-human. The action runs from consent to non-consent to BDSM to group sex and more. Variety is the spice of life. My Stories

Old 10-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #6
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etaski View Post
Oh, and update on the truncating comment... It's been resolved but took me a bit to come back around.

I like using <3 now and again, because some readers just deserve a few hearts.
Love and the Truncated Comment - that's a story title, right there .

Thanks for the update, glad it's fixed. We can't have truncated comments (sounds like something an elephant would leave).

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions