The China Pearl Inn part 10

*Stretches, rolling out of the hammock in my room, walks out and starts a pot of coffee.*

Morning everyone, hope your weekends went well.

Well CG if you see this I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm moving in a few weeks too now, had to give up my horses, it's not been as nice as I would have hoped.

Hi everyone! This is my night shift week, so I'll be a little sparse. I hope everyone has a fantastic week.

He closed on his house on Friday. He has some packing to do and some things that need a little work on the house. He said he would be pretty busy for the next few days.

Hi everyone! This is my night shift week, so I'll be a little sparse. I hope everyone has a fantastic week.

I'm alright! How are you?? *hugs*

*waves and blows a kiss*

I'm sure he'll turn up.

How are you?? :rose:

That explains thing SF. Hey Shiva, night shift stinks I know but take our love with you.

I’ve been on war games today. As part of my training I have to take ‘virgins’ onto the battlefield.

Tomorrow I have my debrief. Then reports, reports, reports! WOOPY DOOO!

Morning all. It has been a very busy couple of days with getting this and that done at the new house and then their is the holidays coming up. To say the least a very busy time.

Moring Robyn, Caitlin, S F and Shiva how are you all doing?

F D and Kama how are you gentleman doing?

Suddenly I know how other military wives must feel and how the wives of men I’ve sent off on mission must have felt. My Rick and HSG’s Tom have gone off on a mission for NRR. HSG is on a different mission and she has that to occupy her mind. But I’m here at home worrying until he gets back. Sadly he’s going to miss Thanksgiving but he should be back for Christmas.

I’ve come to know many of the American families linked to NRR living in the UK and I’ve been invited to stay with one of Ambassador’s good friends. They mean we’ll but it won’t be the same.

Welcome back CG

Morning all. It has been a very busy couple of days with getting this and that done at the new house and then their is the holidays coming up. To say the least a very busy time.

Moring Robyn, Caitlin, S F and Shiva how are you all doing?

F D and Kama how are you gentleman doing?

Morning, CG.

I'm good. Just super busy getting the house ready for company on Thursday. I'm hosting family. You doing ok?

*Stretches, rolling out of the hammock in my room, walks out and starts a pot of coffee.*

Morning everyone, hope your weekends went well.

Well CG if you see this I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm moving in a few weeks too now, had to give up my horses, it's not been as nice as I would have hoped.

Morning, Kama. I'm sorry to hear this. Giving up your horses must be hard. I loved riding. When my horses finally died, I didn't have the heart to get any more. I hope your move goes smoothly. *hugs*

CG congrats, hope everything is calming down with your move.

DW, thanks hon, it's going to be ok. I gave them to a friend who will take amazing care of them. I still can go see them when I want too.

Things are still hectic Kama, I am sure you know how it is as you are moving yourself. Sorry to hear that you have to give up the horses.

Thanksgiving and your the hostess for the family gathering Caitlin? I wish you the best of luck, I hope you will get some help in the kitchen. I am normally the cook for major holidays. I think it is because they can come and then leave. I do make them help with lean up. You cook, someone else cleans up, that is my rule and they still come.

Awe G G I do not envy you having to sit on the side lines with no impute you must be going crazy. If you need to talk you know how to reach me. ;)

If you do take up the invitations of the Yanks just stay away from football they are a might touch about that. :D

Things are still hectic Kama, I am sure you know how it is as you are moving yourself. Sorry to hear that you have to give up the horses.

Thanksgiving and your the hostess for the family gathering Caitlin? I wish you the best of luck, I hope you will get some help in the kitchen. I am normally the cook for major holidays. I think it is because they can come and then leave. I do make them help with lean up. You cook, someone else cleans up, that is my rule and they still come.

Awe G G I do not envy you having to sit on the side lines with no impute you must be going crazy. If you need to talk you know how to reach me. ;)

No one is allowed in my kitchen when I'm cooking, CG. I'm a glutton for punishment, I know. I cook, bake and I clean up. At least there won't be many over, about 7 or 8 people all told. I'm beat by the end of the meal. Not sure how long I'll go on hosting though at least, not while I'm still working.

CG congrats, hope everything is calming down with your move.

DW, thanks hon, it's going to be ok. I gave them to a friend who will take amazing care of them. I still can go see them when I want too.

That's awesome, Kama. Horses, like dogs, are amazing. I love them both dearly. Where I live now, I can't have horses and I can't afford to board them. I have to make due with shelties. :D Getting a new puppy on Monday. I have to go to Iowa to get him but he'll be worth it.

GG I'm sorry, I didn't notice your post until CG pointed it out. That is a hard one, let us know if we can do anything to help!

CG, lol I'm thinking it's gonna be a night out this year. I usually do Chinese on xmas.

DW. I know the feeling, we could have maybe have boarded them, but our rent is over a 1000 a month. Didn't leave too much comfort room as it is.

Our last puppy came from MO. He is a holy terror and maybe the hardest dog we have ever tried to train. He has so much energy and no focus. GSD's are usually really easy.

Aww shelties are adorable.

Suddenly I know how other military wives must feel and how the wives of men I’ve sent off on mission must have felt. My Rick and HSG’s Tom have gone off on a mission for NRR. HSG is on a different mission and she has that to occupy her mind. But I’m here at home worrying until he gets back. Sadly he’s going to miss Thanksgiving but he should be back for Christmas.

I’ve come to know many of the American families linked to NRR living in the UK and I’ve been invited to stay with one of Ambassador’s good friends. They mean we’ll but it won’t be the same.

Welcome back CG

I think it is sometimes easier on the person that goes. They are heading into danger and have a difficult job, but their mind is mostly busy with doing that job. Sure they miss the people they left behind, but they are focused on the task at hand. The person left behind is focused on the person that left.

It would be easier if you were working, but still, you have to focus on the baby. Get as much sleep as you can now, you won't get much after the baby comes. Do you have your nursery set up? Have you done your Christmas shopping? You will want to get those tasks done before the baby comes. :)

Hi S F I am just popping in on my way to start getting ready for Thanksgiving. A lot of cooling over the next two days.

Morning Cait, Kama, F D and Robyn. Oh give my best to Sal.

Hi S F I am just popping in on my way to start getting ready for Thanksgiving. A lot of cooling over the next two days.

Morning Cait, Kama, F D and Robyn. Oh give my best to Sal.

Hey CG. I remember what it was like when my mom was alive, cooking and baking all week, getting up in the wee hours to put in the turkey, and the table so covered in food it was hard to find a place to put one's plate. I was mostly in charge of chopping, dicing, mincing etc. Then days of washing all the dishes. ugh!!

Hope you have a great holiday. I have been messing around eating turkey, stuffing and yams off and on for a couple of weeks now. A turkey breast goes a LONG way. :D

I think it is sometimes easier on the person that goes. They are heading into danger and have a difficult job, but their mind is mostly busy with doing that job. Sure they miss the people they left behind, but they are focused on the task at hand. The person left behind is focused on the person that left.

It would be easier if you were working, but still, you have to focus on the baby. Get as much sleep as you can now, you won't get much after the baby comes. Do you have your nursery set up? Have you done your Christmas shopping? You will want to get those tasks done before the baby comes. :)

O I do my Christmas shopping all year stsrting with the January sales.

Tonight I’m a guest of a very close friend of the US Ambassador to the UK. This guy is rich, very rich and because of my work in NRR and I’m married to Rick he and his wife have invited me to spend Thanksgiving with his family. I’m so honoured but I really miss my Rick ☹️

O I do my Christmas shopping all year stsrting with the January sales.

Tonight I’m a guest of a very close friend of the US Ambassador to the UK. This guy is rich, very rich and because of my work in NRR and I’m married to Rick he and his wife have invited me to spend Thanksgiving with his family. I’m so honoured but I really miss my Rick ☹️

Yeah. Holidays with a person missing are the worst. Hopefully, you will be together at Christmas, a much more important holiday. :Hugs:

A roadrunner ran across the backyard today. I watched for awhile, but no coyote was chasing it. :D

I used to love those cartoons when I was a little girl. Hope all our American friends have a great Thanksgiving Weekend. Tonight we’re going to a local bar to raise a glass 🥃 to you all.

Today Sal & I have a weapons training then we’ve got lectures on report writing! No I’m not joking, we actually have to learn how to write the bloody things!

I used to love those cartoons when I was a little girl. Hope all our American friends have a great Thanksgiving Weekend. Tonight we’re going to a local bar to raise a glass 🥃 to you all.

Today Sal & I have a weapons training then we’ve got lectures on report writing! No I’m not joking, we actually have to learn how to write the bloody things!

Don't drink too much, although the sentiment is appreciated. :)

Of course you have to learn how to write reports. Haven't you been listening to GG and HSG complain all year? Reports are your future. :D

What lovely people! I can’t name them but they are very close friends of the US Ambassador to the UK. They’ve invited me and BigL to spend the weekend with them in their mansion here in the UK. While here I have my own en suite bathroom, TV and a huge bed.

Tonight we settle down for a Thanksgiving Meal. They’re trying to fill my day but I can’t help missing my husband. Me, the tough soldier tomboy, the girl who’s twice stared death in the face sobbed herself to sleep last night!

Meanwhile today I wish all my friends across the pond
HAPPY
THANKSGIVING

Back