"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
annaswirls said:
Wow Art! So nice to see you welcoming the new guy!

you do not need to have read more than one poem of any poet to give a critique on that one poem. A critique to someone who is new here is worth more than critique that comes from bestest buddies who wanna make each other feel good.

well anna I dont feel as though rain man is new but a transplant from another name like 'sack' or 1201 that make up names like most wear new socks... read this persons poems... seem familiar? I know I get 1/3 of the way through and it feels like I have read this poem or person before and I don't make it through the poem before I loose interest in the read...perhaps Jim could point it out for us since he is pretty good about putting styles and writes with poets.

As for the defending.... I have an opinion <say> and you want to call it defending or babying because I didn't see it your way...well Hun, I don't see the voting thing the same way either and I watch the attacks closely, after lady cheyene and Jennifer C and a small list of others that get the sword because they dont match up to the type poetry y'all like to read <grin> I do speak my mind and yes I think a bit differently than most here and from the thread on how some vote...I am really glad I am not riddled with defacing poetry with low votes. is that really teaching folks or inflicting your emotions in numbers?????

Yes I enter the contest they are fun but I will never win them because I don't drum up votes to win ...it is a free for all as to who can find more votes just ask sack... <no pun intended ..I am sure he will enlighten you how he won the contest with vote drumming and then claimed he wished he hadnt won that way> I am content writing and entering.

I am giggling cause I always end up on this side of 'tha' debate <grin> "next"

TheRainMan said:
Huh?

Is that what 'country charm' reads like?

I have to thank the PM I recieved that enlightened me as to whom this poet may very well be and I bow humble <bigrin> welcome back

I answered my own question when I claimed I could only read 1/3 rd of the way through this poets poems before giving up and that just fits so well with... <grin> the other poet that turned off their voting...new poets play in the votes and the way things work. Glad to have ya back T~

Last edited:
My Erotic Tale said:
well anna I dont feel as though rain man is new but a transplant from another name like 'sack' or 1201 that make up names like most wear new socks... read this persons poems... seem familiar? I know I get 1/3 of the way through and it feels like I have read this poem or person before and I don't make it through the poem before I loose interest in the read...perhaps Jim could point it out for us since he is pretty good about putting styles and writes with poets.

As for the defending.... I have an opinion <say> and you want to call it defending or babying because I didn't see it your way...well Hun, I don't see the voting thing the same way either and I watch the attacks closely, after lady cheyene and Jennifer C and a small list of others that get the sword because they dont match up to the type poetry y'all like to read <grin> I do speak my mind and yes I think a bit differently than most here and from the thread on how some vote...I am really glad I am not riddled with defacing poetry with low votes. is that really teaching folks or inflicting your emotions in numbers?????

Yes I enter the contest they are fun but I will never win them because I don't drum up votes to win ...it is a free for all as to who can find more votes just ask sack... <no pun intended ..I am sure he will enlighten you how he won the contest with vote drumming and then claimed he wished he hadnt won that way> I am content writing and entering.

Is this the way new poets are welcomed around here?

Can anyone enlighten me?

My Erotic Tale said:
I have to thank the PM I recieved that enlightened me as to whom this poet may very well be and I bow humble <bigrin> welcome back

I answered my own question when I claimed I could only read 1/3 rd of the way through this poets poems before giving up and that just fits so well with... <grin> the other poet that turned off their voting...new poets play in the votes and the way things work. Glad to have ya back T~

here, I think you missed the one for you...
<laughing> your about as new as the apollo space program

I would think that when rewriting some ones poetry in the public comment section you might keep in mind that the poem is sent in, submitted and changing it is unlikely since the process of rewriting presents problems. I would further add that when you rewrite a poem it would be better to send it as feedback than to try and act like a critic with no credentials in public. <grin> old habits die hard... huh?

Last edited:
TheRainMan said:
Is this the way new poets are welcomed around here?

Can anyone enlighten me?

I am so sorry TheRainMan, I only said this because MET has accused others of not being very welcoming to new poets (because they give honest critique) however, he turns around and is a total jerk to other new poets.

I do not know why I get into arguments with him, it is always the same thing. Taking what people say and using it for some bizarre agenda that I shall never understand.

Welcome for real, trust me, there are intelligent, talented people here at literotica.

Hope you stick around.

And don't worry, when I first came here, people thought I was another version of current writers too. One of whom has died and I am still here, so I guess that was an incorrect assessment :)

Of course you have your opinion, everyone does. HOWEVER....You still come running to the defense of people who have

1. not asked for your help and
2. have not even been attacked!

Pay attention: You might not know this yet, or maybe you have forgotten:
By defending people who have not been attacked, you make them FEEL like they have been attacked and make people who are trying to be HELPFUL look like the bad guy. How can you not understand this?

I would call it defending or babying even if I DID see it your way. That is not the point. You act like some guardian angel to people who do not Need a guardian angel, and you do it by using a pitchfork.

And shut the fuck up about accusing new poets that they are someone else. You are a fucking police aren't you? Thank God I do not live in your town if this is your mentality. Straight out accusations before a person has even taken off their coat.

Don't ask Jim to try to do your "detective work" He is not like you. He treats new people with respect. He is not concerned if it is another nic. He has CLASS.

And trust me, everyone gets voted lower than they would like at some point or another, not just your friends, so you do not need to be some kind of paranoid watchdog. Everyone, even if they say nothing do nothing etc etc. And trust me, you and those who have your style are not persecuted. Where are the quality poems on the top list? Sure there are some, absolutely. Where are Eve's poems? Where are all of 1201's poems? Where are all of smithpeters? Fools? darkmaas? Perks? HippieDude? Where are their poems on the top list? Why would you think that you are being persecuted if you are the one with imperfect poetry flooded with 5's?

I do not use emotions to vote. Why you think you would know that about me is beyond me. I read poetry and I judge it not according to my emotions, not always according to my taste-- for example, I do not like rhyme, but if it is good for a rhyming poem, I will give it a good score.

Don't call me Hon or Hun or any other little pet name. Not when you do not feel that way. It is ridiculous. You are quite transparent, MET. Don't try to paint yourself as a sweet man with your grins and your Huns and your holier than thou attitude.

And voting a poem a 3 when you think it is 3 is NOT giving a poem the sword, it is just voting for a poem. Period. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

My Erotic Tale said:
well anna I dont feel as 2. though rain man is new but a transplant from another name like 'sack' or 1201 that make up names like most wear new socks... read this persons poems... seem familiar? I know I get 1/3 of the way through and it feels like I have read this poem or person before and I don't make it through the poem before I loose interest in the read...perhaps Jim could point it out for us since he is pretty good about putting styles and writes with poets.

My Erotic Tale said:

Both are excellent writers, but as far as styles and perspective go, there is no way that these two are one and the same.

Go fish.

And yes, I hope you see that playing guessing games is about as childish as asking for a seven and being sad that your buddy doesn't have any.

On a different note:

A belated welcome to the board, Rain Man. :)

duckiesmut said:
Both are excellent writers, but as far as styles and perspective go, there is no way that these two are one and the same.

Go fish.

And yes, I hope you see that playing guessing games is about as childish as asking for a seven and being sad that your buddy doesn't have any.

On a different note:

A belated welcome to the board, Rain Man. :)

<grinin> your post does not match my post did you mean to post my other post rather than this updated one. I know you get confussed easily but try and keep up if your going to use my quotes...

Ana dear, your a lost soul and I only hope that you'll remove the blinders one day and see your ...way <grin> as in your voting, your debating and need to lash out...

excerpt from anna~

And shut the fuck up about accusing new poets that they are someone else. You are a fucking police aren't you? Thank God I do not live in your town if this is your mentality. Straight out accusations before a person has even taken off their coat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

your an unsettled soul... I wish you luck <bigrin> in wise-in' up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

excerpt anna~

Where are Eve's poems? Where are all of 1201's poems? Where are all of smithpeters? Fools? darkmaas? Perks? HippieDude? Where are their poems on the top list?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like the fool but as for 1201 he is no poet that I would expect on the top ten, maybe wicked except few understand her poems so that would make it hard to place her at the top with her style, as for the rest, I don't know their work that well to comment, I am sure it has a lot to do with who is posting now, not a year from now. <uncertain> so I cant give an accurate answer... I tried.

can I ask a question? are you married? cause I see where you might have problems with a relation ship the way you treat people <grin> still bored? <grinin>

Last edited:
My Erotic Tale said:
<grinin> your post does not match my post did you mean to post my other post rather than this updated one. I know you get confussed easily but try and keep up if your going to use my quotes...

Ana dear, your a lost soul and I only hope that you'll remove the blinders one day and see your ...way <grin> as in your voting, your debating and need to lash out...

excerpt from anna~

excerpt anna~

Where are Eve's poems? Where are all of 1201's poems? Where are all of smithpeters? Fools? darkmaas? Perks? HippieDude? Where are their poems on the top list?

I like the fool but as for 1201 he is no poet that I would expect on the top ten, maybe wicked except few understand her poems so that would make it hard to place her at the top with her style, as for the rest, I don't know their work that well to comment, I am sure it has a lot to do with who is posting now, not a year from now. <uncertain> so I cant give an accurate answer... I tried.

can I ask a question? are you married? cause I see where you might have problems with a relation ship the way you treat people <grin> still bored? <grinin>

Is your function here simply to insult everyone, both new poets and old?

You should stop <grinning> so much, especially after you write a post that has so many elementary errors and makes no sense.

With those words and that smile, a new guy in town might think you're the village idiot.

On a note that is much more fitting, seeing that the lack of manners seems to be limited to one person, I want to thank all those who have welcomed me. Maria, annaswirls, Reltne, duckiesmut. I'm sure I have forgotten someone, and I apologize.

Thanks you for your kind words, and proof that rudeness and a lack of literacy live in only a small, isolated pocket here. :)

My Erotic Tale said:

excerpt from anna~

excerpt anna~

Bless your heart, you're a wee bit obtuse, aren't you? :rose:

WickedEve said:
Bless your heart, you're a wee bit obtuse, aren't you? :rose:

No, I is as fit as a fiddle, couldn't pinch an inch if I had to. <grin> fly is the chunky one making larger right angles.

My Erotic Tale said:
No, I is as fit as a fiddle, couldn't pinch an inch if I had to. <grin> I think flyguy is the chunky one.
You misspelled "funky."

TheRainMan said:
On a note that is much more fitting, seeing that the lack of manners seems to be limited to one person, I want to thank all those who have welcomed me. Maria, annaswirls, Reltne, duckiesmut. I'm sure I have forgotten someone, and I apologize.

Thanks you for your kind words, and proof that rudeness and a lack of literacy live in only a small, isolated pocket here. :)

laughing my ass off, look at the circle you just put yourself into and call me the village idiot <laughing my ass off> still playing new guy ...huh.? all the signs point differently, as well as your ability to lash out to the open minded here. That of course would illude the circle of people you just spoke of and there fore I see where your mentality is <bigrin> another oblong with a do over name.

My Erotic Tale said:
laughing my ass off, look at the circle you just put yourself into and call me the village idiot <laughing my ass off> still playing new guy ...huh.? all the signs point differently, as well as your ability to lash out to the open minded here. That of course would illude the circle of people you just spoke of and there fore I see where your mentality is <bigrin> another oblong with a do over name.
I there some kind of circle thing going on with Maria, annaswirls, Reltne, duckiesmut and the new guy? And I wasn't invited? It's because I'm funky, isn't it?

flyguy69 said:
I there some kind of circle thing going on with Maria, annaswirls, Reltne, duckiesmut and the new guy? And I wasn't invited? It's because I'm funky, isn't it?

well, we were meaning to talk to you about your smell <laughing> you like that word huh? <grin>

Thank you oh great wise one, for teaching me the way, the light, the truth!
Through your use of faulty logic, repeating false accusations after corrected, judging all that you see to be judgemental, oh great master of Zen, oh great grinner! Praise be! I have seen the light! From this day forward I shall only see perfection! I shall only vote 5's! Oh great man of wisdom! Thank you for saving my marriage! I shall be just like you! I shall spread falsehoods! I shall jump to conclusions and stand firm upon the even after they have been refuted! I will scold others who do just what I do... I too shall become the great hippocrite! Oh great wise one, thank you for your love and your kindness, you are my savior!

annaswirls said:
Through your use of faulty logic, repeating false accusations after corrected, judging all that you see to be judgemental, oh great master of Zen, oh great grinner! Praise be! I have seen the light! From this day forward I shall only see perfection! I shall only vote 5's! Oh great man of wisdom! Thank you for saving my marriage! I shall be just like you! I shall spread falsehoods! I shall jump to conclusions and stand firm upon the even after they have been refuted! I will scold others who do just what I do... I too shall become the great hippocrite! Oh great wise one, thank you for your love and your kindness, you are my savior!
That really works up my holy roller roots. Hey, let's speak in tongues!

annaswirls said:

Your also religious aren't you? I was reading the other day a magazine with an article called, "fuck being the nice guy" nice guys finish last. well I don't believe that, this article encourage folk to do what ever they have to to achieve their goals and that includes cheating. I do not believe this but being in law enforcement I see so many trying to cut a corner here or there. Breaking the law just a little bit, or there are those who live by their own set of laws <grin> You can change names to make what ever impresssion you want with a new one, it is not a crime but raises some mentality questions, the same as double voting or going through a top list to change it.

Perhaps the laws don't slap your hand for something so childish but think about this, what kind of mind does this? Fuck the nice guy? I don't think so, I think the nice guy lives with tranquility in knowing he has done right by his fellow man or woman. And those that break rules or cheat to get ahead have a harder time living with themselve and I as simple as I am have no problems sleeping at night or looking you or my neighbor in the eye and haveing a conversation, then their is malversation <grin>

it is simple, break the laws and pay a fine or do the time, little things tax the soul to be unsettled and add them up and you get a walking brain that rattles with the chains of uncertanty, I don't believe I have ever run from a conversation because I have nothing to hide. I can only hope my students follow the same path of rightiousness and defend those that need defending that are standing in the right and over powered or taken by suprise by the unsettled. Now there is a lesson for you anna~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back