The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you again too, Molly!

Good grief, the day before and I still don't know what I'm serving. I guess I'll have to think about that while I'm out shopping for my Christmas Party dress.

It's smoked turkey here, with homemade noodles, my grandmother's recipes for creamed corn (not from a can, thank you), pecan pie and sage dressing. We'll also have candied yams, mom's cranberries, the pickles I spent the summer making, fried cabbage, green beans, mashed potatoes and smoky gravy, salad of fall greens, the last of the tomatoes, olives, cheeses, and a pile of desserts that will clog arteries for months.

It will be good, but it'll probably kill me in the making. :rolleyes:

Molly, get out of the wall. :)

It's smoked turkey here, with homemade noodles, my grandmother's recipes for creamed corn (not from a can, thank you), pecan pie and sage dressing. We'll also have candied yams, mom's cranberries, the pickles I spent the summer making, fried cabbage, green beans, mashed potatoes and smoky gravy, salad of fall greens, the last of the tomatoes, olives, cheeses, and a pile of desserts that will clog arteries for months.

Dang, just reading that made me hungry. Best of luck.

Good morning all.

I went with leetlinkaye.com. Means I can keep the name I liked, yet have it's own domain.

I work 1-5 PM tomorrow and got that huge chapter finished and posted to my archive last night. The main bulk of it was 7641 words! :D Biggest chapter I've written yet!

Mind if I pull up a chair at your table? *drool* :D

ps: You can die after you're finished cooking, not before.

I'll be having sandwiches for lunch tomorrow and probably macaroni and cheese or hamburgers for supper tomorrow. :p

May I get a bite of your delicious food if I helped out in the kitchen? Pleeeeease? :D

So the cute little nurse took off the bandage over my left eye and HOLY COW! I haven't been able to see that well with glasses in years. Damnation, 20/25 uncorrected in the left eye. The doc told me the procedure turned out to be a tad tricky but all's well that end's well and I am one happy bruin. Now for the regimen of drops over the next four weeks and I get the other one done. There are some Idaho pheasant, chucker and grouse that will regret this winter's work next September, let me tell you!

Naturally, we'd all rather it did n't kill you at any time, Molly.
Your list reminds me of the Christmas food my old Mum made (we tend to have this sort of thing at Christmas rather than any other time).

So the cute little nurse took off the bandage over my left eye and HOLY COW! I haven't been able to see that well with glasses in years. Damnation, 20/25 uncorrected in the left eye. The doc told me the procedure turned out to be a tad tricky but all's well that end's well and I am one happy bruin. Now for the regimen of drops over the next four weeks and I get the other one done. There are some Idaho pheasant, chucker and grouse that will regret this winter's work next September, let me tell you!

Excelent news, Bear.
Are the drops in aid of the recovery process?

Your list reminds me of the Christmas food my old Mum made (we tend to have this sort of thing at Christmas rather than any other time).

Excelent news, Bear.
Are the drops in aid of the recovery process?

Antibiotics, moisturizers and steroids . . . I think. It's really strange being able to wander around the cave and see clearly, even if it's only out of one eye.

May I get a bite of your delicious food if I helped out in the kitchen? Pleeeeease? :D

I don't need help in the kitchen. I need my windows washed.

Yum, chuckers. Congrats, darling Bear.

Christmas fare is similar, but it's hard to get everyone together. Thanksgiving in the time when family gathers to feast and visit. This time tomorrow, everyone will look like beached whales, begging for their over-extended bellies to stop aching. Too much food will do that for you. :D

Sounds wonderful. I'm doing a sage and sausage pasta with roasted butternut squash. Being temporarily north of the border, Thanksgiving is in October, which really makes a lot more sense. Still, I love having a family gathering, so I've invited two of my best theatre friends to bring their kids and we'll have a grand dinner.

Good morning all.

I went with leetlinkaye.com. Means I can keep the name I liked, yet have it's own domain.

I work 1-5 PM tomorrow and got that huge chapter finished and posted to my archive last night. The main bulk of it was 7641 words! :D Biggest chapter I've written yet!
You've been a busy eagle!

Fantastic news, bear! The thought of pheasant for dinner is wonderful, although it's going to have to wait until after I get these damn braces off.

Antibiotics, moisturizers and steroids . . . I think. It's really strange being able to wander around the cave and see clearly, even if it's only out of one eye.

When my old Mum had a cataract fixed ("We'll do the other one in about six months, Madam") the one thing that amazed her was not the sharpness of the image, but " the Colours!"

That's what MIL said. She's a quilter (a very serious quilter) and that was what amazed her was the return of her color vision.

So didja get your retina stroked and bored or what? I've been Mr. Four Eyes since I was eight. It must be nice to see without glasses. :D

A couple of years ago I let myself get 'way too fat and became Type 2 diabetic. That tends to speed up the growth of cataracts on the ol' eyes. Well, I've lost a lot of weight and gotten my blood sugar down to 104 but the cataracts kept growing. So in today's world of medicine, what they do is make a micro-incision on the side of the lens of your eye, scrape out the contents with the cataract and insert a synthetic lens that is ground to your prescription. If you're not astigmatic, they can (for a substantial fee beyond what Medicare will pay) insert one that flexes with your eye muscles and you don't even need reading glasses. Unfortunately, I'm not only cheap but astigmatic, as well so I opted for the somewhat more economical lens that corrects the astigmatism and give me normal vision. That way I only need cheap drugstore reading glasses. Over time, they pay for themselves because you don't need prescription readers.

I'm glad everything went well for you, Bear!

I don't need help in the kitchen. I need my windows washed.

If it includes the promise of food, I'm there at your service.

Sounds wonderful. I'm doing a sage and sausage pasta with roasted butternut squash. Being temporarily north of the border, Thanksgiving is in October, which really makes a lot more sense. Still, I love having a family gathering, so I've invited two of my best theatre friends to bring their kids and we'll have a grand dinner.

*licks chops* Yummy!

Cataracts? I developed early-onset cataracts and had them removed a few years ago. I was AMAZED at my vision. I hadn't been able to see that clearly since I was a very little good little witch. I sprang for the upgraded lenses. Quite often, I don't even need reading glasses!

The second eye was a bit different. The healing process took a day or two longer and I was more "aware" of the implant. Now, though, it's all good.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Litsters in the US and US expats. For everyone else, Happy Thursday!

I get nothing of that today.

Work 1-5 PM so that means sandwiches for lunch, then I have to do my grocery shopping for the next two weeks. Maybe I'll pick up something easy to make for supper tonight as a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back