Legacy: A Star Trek RP

Dale Steward

"Aye sir. Security teams two, three and four report to transporter room two for deployment on the Saratoga along with the away team." The confirmations came through and he closed the call. He kept scanning the panel and saw the disturbance just before the call came from the Science officer.

His fingers automatically hit the shield controls when he noticed radiation from the distant source, he ran a tactical scan. "Commander, we have a ship bearing three four seven. Radiation in that sector hid them from our sensors"

He paused, "They have fired upon the Chimera, but the Saratoga have taken the hits, minor damage to the outer hull. The radiation is causing us to not get a positive lock nor identification of the vessel. Your orders commander?"
 
Last edited:
T’Nara down hard upon her lower lip upon the Commodore citing a regulation that she knew well enough, however he was a fool and that was why she was biting her tongue. If whomever hacked into the computer system of the ship would have more than likely sabotaged the shields and weapons, that would be any intelligent method of someone wanting to cripple a ship. She now knew why Starfleet promoted the man, for they wanted to keep their ships intact and in service instead of having to continue to build, or repair the ones his ignorance continued to produced.

She now wished Captain Hunter was in command for he would have called this situation and reacted accordingly as she tried to do, but she was put into her place by the Commodore and she would follow his orders. However, if they survived this encounter she would make sure that in her report would contain everything that has transpired here, even her attempt to protect this ship and was overridden by the Commodore. Her mind drifted back to the time of T’pol and how she was treated by Captain Archer on her first mission with the humans, not much difference here and now. She took a deep breath and released the boiling tension that was building within her, now she wish she was a full blooded Vulcan and these emotions she was feeling wouldn’t be battling within her.

She cleared her mind once the turbolift opened up on the bridge and she took her place. Her mind now focused upon her duty and the tension between her and the Commodore had no place here on the bridge. Her eyes roamed over the bridge once more like before putting names with faces and their responsibilities here on the bridge. She looked over at Lt. Rhinquist. “Lt. Proceed with you level three diagnostic you have only ten minutes ot time to do this. Please start your diagnostic with weapons and shields.” She resumed running situations over in her mind and how to react to them.

When nothing was reported from the Lt and her system checks, T’Nara was a little unsettled, she continued to look over at Lt steward as he himself seemed to be fixated upon the computer screen at his station.

She looked over as Captain Hunter came forward and reported to the Commodore and was slightly angered when the Commodore brushed him aside as if he was just a second hand officer whom was reporting for duty. Once again she bit down on her lower lip. She so desperately wanted to voice the situation to the Captain, but refrained from doing so.

She let out a breath sigh when the ship came out of warp and the Saratoga was adrift before them. She flinched when the reports of the scans came from the science officer. She was amazed that anyone was still alive and instantly looked over to the Commodore as he ordered his procedure he wanted done.

“Yes sir.” T’Nara responded to the Commodore relinquishing command to her. She stood up and moved over to his seat. Her hands tapping several buttons on the command arm. Her eyes scanned over the sensor reports from all stations. Her eyes scanned over the information regarding the Saratoga just incase the Science officer missed something, which wasn’t the case, but it never hurt to have more than one set of eyes looking over incoming data from scans.

T’Nara looked up to the Medical office and nodded to his summary of regulations. “Welcome to the Bridge Doctor.” T’Nara offered her givings to the man. “Our situation is extreme.” She gave him the report of all that they knew from the scans and what the Commodore wanted, even if he already knew the situation she was following protocol.

Her diligence of informing the Doctor came to a halt when the communications officer informed her that something was out there. Her eyes shot to the computer display on the arm and came to the same conclusion. Her glare shot up to the viewscreen for a brief second before turning toward the science officer. “ I want you to …” the report of attack spun her decision.

“Increase power to the shields, Red alert! Battle stations” She exclaimed as she turned toward the helmsmen. “Set a course to position us between the attacking vessel and the Saratoga.” She looked over her shoulder at Lt Rhinquist, “Flood the area with ion particles that will help locate them. Narrow the focus point of the scans once we have their location. Maybe that will allow us to get an idea of whom we are dealing with.”

“Chimera to Commodore Pike. We are moving in between you and the attacking vessel, no reports on who is attacking due to heavy radiation effecting our sensors.” T’Nara reported.
 
“Increase power to the shields, Red alert! Battle stations” She exclaimed as she turned toward the helmsmen. “Set a course to position us between the attacking vessel and the Saratoga.” She looked over her shoulder at Lt Rhinquist, “Flood the area with ion particles that will help locate them. Narrow the focus point of the scans once we have their location. Maybe that will allow us to get an idea of whom we are dealing with.”

“Chimera to Commodore Pike. We are moving in between you and the attacking vessel, no reports on who is attacking due to heavy radiation effecting our sensors.” T’Nara reported.

Pike flipped open his communicator when he heard the familiar chripping that indicated that he was being contacted. When he heard what Winters was telling him he cursed at himself. He knew it was a risk, but there wasn't enough evidence to prove that this was a trap for them. Well it seemed as if they had their proof now. "If they fire again defend yourself and the ship at all costs. We're not your priorety." he told her.


Chimera Bridge


"Unknown vessel bearing 020 mark 035." a bridge officer reported. "The radiation must've blocked their engine signature. The Saratoga also took damage. I can't detect any loss of life."
 
Hannibal was aware of Lieutenant JG Stewart's borderline insubordinate glare. He was knew the full psychological profiles of all members of the command crew, and he was trained in both Alfred Thiel's Cogneuro Assessment Training and Betazed Alpha Inductive Methods of Psychological Assessment. So Hannibal had a good idea of Stewart's thinking. The man did not like authority and upsets to his perceived stability in the world. He seemed to continually struggle with productive outputs to the dissonance such dislocations could cause. Hannibal found himself intrigued.

But Hannibal's attention and thoughts shifted when T'Nara addressed him.

“Welcome to the Bridge Doctor.” T’Nara offered her givings to the man. “Our situation is extreme.” She gave him the report of all that they knew from the scans and what the Commodore wanted, even if he already knew the situation she was following protocol.

Hannibal gave a brief nod. "Doctor Commander, if you insist on using honorifics." His eyes ran over the faces and backs of the rest of the command crew. Each little mouse furiously working on their wheels, speeding ever onward for the good of mankind. "Extreme?" Hannibal pursed his lips, "There's a long, storied history of ship captains rushing to lead away times to heroic victory, I'm sure we will be fine." He gave a ghost of a smile and nodded his head, taking his seat in the XO's chair. It was still warm from T'Nara and had her smell, which was decidedly inhuman.

Hannibal tapped through the screens available to him in the XO's chair that were otherwise denied to a Commander aboard a Federation Starship. It looked like T'Nara had access to quite a bit more detailed crew information and several different command menus. As both a Commander and a Doctor, he'd found himself in this position in more than one occasion. He was too old for Starfleet to give him XO on most ships, and he'd never really pushed for it anyway. One of the screens that was available allowed him to review a log of actions that T'Nara had undertaken while aboard the ship. Her degree of paranoia and diligence were very interesting.

T'Nara said:
T'Nara's diligence of informing the Doctor came to a halt when the communications officer informed her that something was out there. Her eyes shot to the computer display on the arm and came to the same conclusion. Her glare shot up to the viewscreen for a brief second before turning toward the science officer. “ I want you to …” the report of attack spun her decision.

“Increase power to the shields, Red alert! Battle stations” She exclaimed as she turned toward the helmsmen. “Set a course to position us between the attacking vessel and the Saratoga.” She looked over her shoulder at Lt Rhinquist, “Flood the area with ion particles that will help locate them. Narrow the focus point of the scans once we have their location. Maybe that will allow us to get an idea of whom we are dealing with.”

It wasn't the tactics Hannibal would have employed. It seemed to him that if their assailants had wanted to destroy the Saratoga or even ambush an away team, they didn't need to let stray fire hit it. Hannibal reviewed the projections of physical dynamical forces and recreation scenarios.

"Captain T'Nara-" she was acting captain after all, Hannibal paused to see how that appellation might affect her. "Science indicates likelihood of only 35.6% they intended to hit the Saratoga. Tactical Analysis puts likelihood of an intended ambush to the away team at only 19% based upon existing data and log analysis."

He didn't think an outright suggestion that they use the Saratoga as both cover and means to ferret out their attacker would be met with the same sort of acceptability as if she had been a true vulcan or if they were aboard a vulcan vessel. Plus, Commodore Pike was notoriously cavalier. Still, if T'Nara wanted to gain a permenant field commission, well the situation could certainly result in that. He doubted T'Nara was ready for such maneuvering yet, but the data was there to support such a tactical course of actions.

“Chimera to Commodore Pike. We are moving in between you and the attacking vessel, no reports on who is attacking due to heavy radiation effecting our sensors.” T’Nara reported.

Hannibal turned back to his HUD and flickered through some additional scenarios, working through a psychological profile of their attackers.
 
“Yes Sir.” T’Nara acknowledged the Commodore’s orders.

She quickly tapped into the sensor readings to ensure that the radiation wasn’t effecting their shields. “Lt Steward, I want aft phasers one through three set to fire cross vector to the port side of that vessel, I want the aft phasers four through six to fire cross vector to the starboard side of that vessel. Upon any hits fire aft torpedo…. Helmsmen, upon any hits to that vessel I want an opposite spiral turn staying within the sector of space required to shield the Saratoga to the bearing of that vessel so we can bring our forward weaponry to optimal firing arc do you understand?”

She looked to the Doctor when he addressed her, her brow furrowed while her nose and jaw twitched. She didn’t like the addressed rank the Doctor used regardless if he was correct in doing so. “I understand Doctor, however having two of the highest decorated officers in Starfleet, not to mention one whom help design this vessel over there your analysis is slightly off. They may not be aiming for them, but sending a boarding party over there is an option they have, however, If I keep the Chimera in between them, and able to keep pressure on them to where they can’t risk dropping their shields I will manage to keep the Saratoga safe until the Commodore can get the Saratoga’s shields up and hopefully some short burst from her weapons to assist us with this attacking vessel.” She defined her intentions to the Doctor.
 
“Lt Steward, I want aft phasers one through three set to fire cross vector to the port side of that vessel, I want the aft phasers four through six to fire cross vector to the starboard side of that vessel. Upon any hits fire aft torpedo….

Even as she spoke, his fingers were flying over the conn doing her bidding, though a quite standard tactic, he was sure that for a first encounter with unknown hostiles, it was the right opening move to make.

"Aye commander...phasers locked on and torpedos armed. Waiting on your command."
 
Even as she spoke, his fingers were flying over the conn doing her bidding, though a quite standard tactic, he was sure that for a first encounter with unknown hostiles, it was the right opening move to make.

"Aye commander...phasers locked on and torpedos armed. Waiting on your command."


T'Nara looked over the shoulder of the good Doctor to the tactical station that Lt Steward was furiously inputting the phasers trajectories. She nodded to his report of his state of readiness. She looked back at the view screen taking in the image of the Saratoga and the space around the ship. Her eyes looked to the helmsmen, "Helmsmen?" She looked back to the view screen upon his report of ready.

"Lt. Steward, fire at your best opportunity." She released the fire control to the Lt.
 
Dale Steward

And just like that the worst thing any tactical officer could have happen, happened.

He tapped the firing sequence and the fire button...but nothing happened. He frowned, the phasers showed online and ready to fire. He pressed fire again and still nothing.

"Negative on phaser fire commander. They show online and ready, but I can't command a fire sequence."

He noticed another problem cropping up immediately, "Commander, shields are failing, we are at ninety eight percent and dropping."

He tapped on the conn, trying everything he knew he could do, "Conn controls are active commander, there seems to be a failure in the system."
 
T'Nara said:
She looked to the Doctor when he addressed her, her brow furrowed while her nose and jaw twitched. She didn’t like the addressed rank the Doctor used regardless if he was correct in doing so. “I understand Doctor, however having two of the highest decorated officers in Starfleet, not to mention one whom help design this vessel over there your analysis is slightly off. They may not be aiming for them, but sending a boarding party over there is an option they have, however, If I keep the Chimera in between them, and able to keep pressure on them to where they can’t risk dropping their shields I will manage to keep the Saratoga safe until the Commodore can get the Saratoga’s shields up and hopefully some short burst from her weapons to assist us with this attacking vessel.” She defined her intentions to the Doctor.

"Captain," Hannibal said, looking into her eyes, "The enemy broke into the ship. They have the crew manifest. They know the Commodore and can anticipate his actions. I had the Computer run the scenarios. Both you and the Commodore are acting within margins of expected behavior. They know and have planned for what each of us on the command bridge would do. There's only one person they wouldn't be prepared for. Only one person who wasn't on the crew manifest. You need to get Captain Hunter back. That or act less human." Hannibal gave a curt nod and turned back to his heads up display.

He went back through the logs, wondering now if it had been the enemy that had subverted the crew manifest or Commodore Pike. He was sure that Starfleet would have wanted to test T'Nara is a relatively benign challenge. If so, then the enemy might not even be aware Captain Hunter was around or they might assume he's still in the brig.

Hannibal steepled his fingers, mulling over the possibilities as thousands of minutiae flickered around his heads up display.

Lt Stewart discovers more problems said:
"Negative on phaser fire commander. They show online and ready, but I can't command a fire sequence."

He noticed another problem cropping up immediately, "Commander, shields are failing, we are at ninety eight percent and dropping."

He tapped on the conn, trying everything he knew he could do, "Conn controls are active commander, there seems to be a failure in the system."

Hannibal pursed his lips. Mechanical sabotage was beneath him. Instead, Hannibal mulled over why the enemy would lure the Federations most advanced ship and disable all of her weapons. Most junior officers would shy from making the tough sacrifices. His eyes flickered to T'Nara. He doubted the enemy would destroy the Chimera, instead they would board and take the ship. Without shields and with the Computer taxed with tactical calculations no doubt the enemy could get transporter lock on the command bridge. Hannibal's eyes flickered around the bridge then he settled on T'Nara and watched her.
 
Chimera Bridge

"Commander!" the engineer on duty called out as she was checking what little readouts there were, "Power's out. All primary and most secondary systems are offline, including life support." The young engineer was getting frustrated as she can see what was happening but there didn't seem to be anything she could do about it. "Either that virus from earlier did this or they used some sort of energy dampening weapon. Either way, it'll be a while until we can get something working again."
 
Saratoga Bridge

=/\=Auxiliary Control to bridge sir you should have view screen capabilities now.=/\=

Mack looked up just in time to see the image of what was going on in space. He had never seen a ship like the one that was now heading for the Chimera. "Tell the Commodore that there's a unknown vessel attacking the Chimera."

=/\=Sir, the Commodore isn't here. We reactivated internal sensors and discovered that there were some cadets trapped in the catwalk of the port nacelle. He want to see if he could get them out.=/\=

"Damn that man." Mack said as he looked up again just as he saw a volley of torpedoes firing at the Chimera. His eyes opened wide as they moved closer and closer to the larger ship. But the Chimera did nothing it just sat there. "What the hell is going on over there?"

The Saratoga's external sensors were barely functioning. Lynn ran a scan, only to curse in disbelief. "How the hell did they do that?" he muttered softly, though he was sure the Captain heard him. "Chimera's main power is out." Another glance at the viewscreen told him that he was right. Very few of Chimera's external indications of power were nowhere to be seen.


"Lynn get a team to the Commodore and make sure he gets some help." Mack ordered. No sooner had Mack given that order then he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He looked up and saw a spread of torpedoes. Some were heading towards the Chimera and some towards them. "All hands brace for impact!" he called out out of instinct.

Lynn grabbed the nearby braces just in time. The Saratoga shook, not violently, but shook. It was amazing what the lack of power did to damage. "More hull breaches," Lynn reported. "The shuttlebay is now exposed to space. No visible casualties." Now to obey the previous order. Flipping open his communicator. "Lynn to T'Pran. Grab a crewman and head towards nacelle control. Commodore Pike is en route and will need assistance."

=/\= "Acknowledged." =/\= came the order from the Andorian Ensign. =/\= "Henderson and the rest of the team should have the auxiliary batteries up shortly." =/\=

"Good," Lynn replied. "Tell Henderson to get shields and engines back working first. We're going to need them quick."

"I need weapons Lynn." Mack told him and it wasn't a request. That ship that he helped design and was crewed by a bunch of his former students was defenseless. He needed to find some way of saving them.


There was only one way to do that. "Sims," Lynn called out, looking to the LT JG, "Stay here." He'd have to go all the way down to Aux Control to get those weapons back online. With main power still probably five or ten minutes from being restored, Lynn could get the aux batteries tied to phasers in a minute or two.


He left the bridge, found a Jefferies tube and quickly made his way to auxiliary control. Two other engineers were still there, getting systems stabilized. "We're focusing on weapons," Lynn said, moving to the main console for a quick analysis. Aux power was holding at 60 percent, just enough to hold life support and weapons until main power was back. Lynn directed the two engineers to head for forward torpedo control. Those systems were too far gone for automatic.

Two minutes later, he had exactly what he needed. With the restored communications grid, he called up top, "Aux Control to bridge. You have forward phasers and torpedoes."

"Standby all weapons. If we're lucky they're so focused on the Chimera that they won't notice the power buildup in that area." Mack ordered.
 
The calling of her field rank brought her attention and gaze to the Doctor. The option of her being less human struck a nerve, which she didn’t really know why, for she was half human, maybe it was because she stride to be more Vulcan. The other suggestion was a good one but the means of accomplishing that was another story. Dropping the shields for only a few seconds would invite the beaming of a boarding party upon the ship, a calculated risk as well for the crew aboard this ship was new and unfamiliar with all the decks, not to mention all nooks and crannies that the overall schematics of the ship wouldn’t show.

“Your right Doctor. Transporter three I want you to lock onto Captain Hunter and beam him aboard. I will relinquish the shields to your control, but first I want you to check the transporter by beaming equipment to ensure there is no sabotage of the transport system before attempting to beam the Captain back.”

T’Nara whirled around to look upon Lt Steward while calculating a course of action. It was obvious that whomever infiltrated the computer system installed an interface inhibitor somewhere in the isolinear chips. A very effective method for it would take Lt Rhinquist more time than they had to check all of chip banks on the main computer core. ‘DAMN IT!’ the human side of T’Nara raged with anger. Only if she would have persisted in doing the diagnostic checks before warping out here! A failure in her command ability in which if they survive it will not happen again.

“Lt Rhinquist I know this is a tremendous task I’m about to as of you. I need you to check the isolinear banks and look for the inhibitor they installed. I know it will take time but I want you to work on getting the shields up first, then work on the weapons.” She turned toward Lt Steward, ‘Mr Steward, I need you to go and assist the Miss Rhinquist at the banks. I want you to check the main and auxiliary power conduit chips followed by life-support then all secondary operations in whichever order you deem important.” She whirled back around to take a moment to study the viewscreen, however before she could smack the communications all systems went dead. The engineers report rattled around her brain as once again she was pushed back from reacting to the situation.

She swirled around to the engineer. "Get you ass up and get me main power! I want all auxiliary power to shields!” She yelled, then shot a glance over to Rhinquist and Steward, "GET MOVING! You have your orders!" She instantly turned toward the viewscreen anger registered upon her face. She and her crew were dead in space and there wasn’t anything she could do about it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chimera's Bridge

In the midst of the struggle to regain control of the ship's systems, with power flickering and some systems briefly responding before shutting down again.. on the tactical display for an instant.. the flashing warning indicators of weapons lock on the ship glowed with brilliant red light.. as did the individual markers tracking the incoming torpedoes..

Realizing what she was seeing, Jill said softly.. " oh shit..." followed by a strong warning cry, "Brace for impact!" Though she at that time had no idea if the others had seen what she was seeing or not.

She grabbed the console as the room shook. The center console sparked and what displays were working shorted out. Jill moved over to the Engineering station and removed the hatch from the underside. If this was a virus that was keeping them from regaining control, then some simple re-wiring could give them back at least some basic controls. The bridge had its own backups, and if she could separate them from the computer, then at least helm control could be restored.

The jolt of a direct hit to the hull from weapons fire without the shields to help absorb some of the blow was startling to say the least, the entire Bridge crew were forced to hold on.. several ended up on the deck in sprawled heaps with arms over their heads trying to protect their heads and faces from the brilliant sparks of energy being blasted out as multiple access consoles overloaded and blew..

The unknown space vessel fired again. This time it's target was primarily the Chimera. Specifically the areas of the outer hull that had been covered with layers of ablative armor. The more vital areas of the ship itself.


The enemy ship was coming about on them again, she couldn't think about it.. had to focus on getting the shields up.. Through the ringing in her ears she heard someone shout out "Incoming!"

There wasn't time for more, the deck heaved under her feet and she felt a blast of heat, followed by something slamming into her as she was knocked from where she'd been working, the force of the overhead explosion as a power relay overloaded slamming the young engineer to the deck.. There was a blinding pain in the back of her head, all through her .. and then darkness..
 
Saratoga Bridge

Mack's fist balled up in anger as he saw the Chimera get pummeled as the unknown vessel drew closer to what was a new ship. He could fire now, but with no computer targeting it was doubtful they'd be able to do anything to that ship out there. No he needed them to get closer. Fortunately the Chimera was a tough ship. He just needed to hope that it was tough enough to keep most of the crew safe until he had his chance to do something.

So he watched and waited feeling helpless. Then the moment he was waiting for finally came and not only was the other ship in point blank range, but they were directly in front of the Saratoga. "Fire!!!!" he called out. There was probably more emotion in his order then would normally have been under other circumstances.

Lynn had tied all of the forward phasers into one control. When the command was given, he held down the button.


Enemy Bridge

Not only did they not notice the power build up in the Saratoga's weapons grid, but the helmsmen of the unidentified vessel made a mistake and put them in between two targets. A mistake only a first year Starfleet Academy cadet would have made. Fortunately the bridge of this vessel was actually buried within the hull instead of out on top. This gave it a measure of protection when the Saratoga's weapons lashed out on it. However since most of their power was in their weapons, the weakened fire from the Saratoga not only penetrated their shields, but did massive damage to the ship itself.


"Damage report?" the commander asked.

"They damaged the weapons control system and the warp drive. Shields are back to full strength." the tactical officer called out. "Sir we have to withdraw, we've lost the tactical advantage."


The commander didn't like that. However he knew it was the right thing to do. Besides his little surprise would keep the Chimera down for awhile. "Pull back to the edge of the solar system. We'll effect repairs and then come back and finish them."


"Aye sir." the helmsmen said and then plotted and laid in a course taking them out of weapons range of the two Starfleet ships.


Saratoga Bridge


Mack saw the vessel retreating and breathed a sigh of relief. "They're retreating, good going Lynn. Give me an updated damage report."

Lynn glanced over at his functioning readouts. "Main power is coming back online. I can give you one-third impulse, nothing more. Warp drive will take a couple hours to get back. Shields coming back online, but only at 30 percent. Life support stable. Radiation leaks throughout the vessel, and only 40 percent of it is habitable."

"Alright let's get transporters working, we need to get these people over to the Chimera before that radiation kills them and us." Mack told him as he still looked out of the view screen and saw the Chimera just floating there. Even with the systems that Lynn was successful in restoring, this ship didn't stand a chance in hell if that attack ship returned. No their best bet would be to get the Chimera up and running again.
 
Last edited:
‘Mr Steward, I need you to go and assist the Miss Rhinquist at the banks. I want you to check the main and auxiliary power conduit chips followed by life-support then all secondary operations in whichever order you deem important.” She whirled back around to take a moment to study the viewscreen, however before she could smack the communications all systems went dead. The engineers report rattled around her brain as once again she was pushed back from reacting to the situation.

She swirled around to the engineer. "Get you ass up and get me main power! I want all auxiliary power to shields!” She yelled, then shot a glance over to Rhinquist and Steward, "GET MOVING! You have your orders!" She instantly turned toward the viewscreen anger registered upon her face. She and her crew were dead in space and there wasn’t anything she could do about it.

"Yes Commander."

He had barely left his conn when the call came to brace for impact, since he was not near any brace and didn't have enough time to grab hold of one, he was one of those who ended up on the deck. But his was a controlled dive to get to the floor and to cover. Covering his head, he used his elbows and legs to drive himself to a safer location as sparks flew and electrical explosions ripped through the bridge.

The barrage continued and he knew that the enemy ship would be targeting their vulnerable areas now that most of the ship was practically drifting dead in space. He noticed how some of the lights managed to flicker to life only to die away again. That gave him hope that they should be able to get systems up, if by some miracle the attacker didn't kill them.

A few moments passed by in which no attacks came. Dale jumped to his feet and ran from one porthole to the other, checking the outside. The only ship in their near vicinity was the Saratoga, it seemed like the enemy ship had withdrawn. He turned from the last porthole, taking in the damage on the bridge and then moved closer to check if Commander Winters was still alive and well since she and the doctor was his immediate concern after the attack.

"Commander, it seems like the enemy ship has withdrawn. It seems like the Saratoga might have done something since the last direction of attack came from their direction."

He looked at the doctor, "Sir are you alright? It seems like Ms Rhinquist is down."
 
T’Nara heard the communications officer scream brace for impact. At that moment she knew beyond doubt that this wasn’t a mere consequence as the Commodore so deemed that it was. She failed her crew and for her mistake there was going to be loss of life. The pain hit her deep in the chest just moments before pieces of shrapnel caught the right side of her forehead sending her to the floor.

She remained conscious, but everything was muffled and fading in and out in different audible tones. Her head throbbed and the sting of blood in her eyes blurred her vision as she slowly tried to push herself up. She little jolted when a strong hand took her by the underarm and helped her to her feet. She managed to focus her vision upon the concerned face of Mr. Steward, his words muffled but she was able to understand him. “Yes, I’m well. Thank you.” She held onto his arm long enough to regain her composure and balance. She listened to his SITREP and nodded. “Very well, Medical to the bridge.” She knew the doctor was here, but he needed his assistants up here and abroad.

“Mr Steward, I want deck by deck security sweeps. I want to make sure they didn’t beam boarding parties over while our shields were down… Engineering we need shields, life-support, weapons than all other systems online and in that order, I believe we have interface inhibitors in your isolinear chip banks get people on it and get my systems online.” the anger in her voice flowed unreserved.

Her hand moved up and brushed the blood away from her eyes. “I want communication reestablished as soon as possible, I need to know what is going on over on the Saratoga.” She placed her hand down upon the command chair for balance. “I need a damage report as soon as possible.” She now took a few moments to look at her crew and the shape of the bridge. How could she have been caught so unprepared!? She asked herself
 
One Hour later

As soon as the coast was clear, Lynn called Sims down from the bridge to meet him in Transporter Room One. The system had received heavy damage from the first fight, particularly in the power relays. They had been completely severed. Salvaging what they could from the surrounding corridors and unnecessary systems, they managed to bring the Transporter Pad back online. External sensors had also been out of alignment, and Lynn was working on those now. Without full computer control, calibration normally took about twenty minutes.But they didn't have twenty more minutes to give.

Lynn did his best trying to calculate, and fortunately, he knew Chimera's innards very well. He was able to calibrate by sight and not through extensive sensor scans. Finally, he managed the calibration and locked on to Chimera's Transporter Rooms Two and Three.

He flipped open his communicator and called out, "Lynn to Hunter. Transporter is online, but I recommend only three at a time."

Mack entered the transporter room just as Lynn was calling for him. He and a couple of the medics from the away team had Commodore Pike's body on a stretcher. "Fine then we're beaming over." He told Lynn. "I want you to beam over with the next group we need to find out what's going on with the Chimera." Mack ordered as he then took one end of the strecther so that he and the other medic could beam over to the Chimera. "Energize Commander."

Gripping the all three sliders on the old style controls with one hand, he slowly pushed them upwards. It took about five seconds to run them fully to the top, and just a second longer to complete transport. A glance at his crudely calibrated sensors confirmed a complete transport.


Chimera



Mack and the medic didn’t waste any time once the beam over was complete they moved the Commodore to sickbay. Once in there they saw the chaos that was in sickbay. The medical staff had their hands full, but they weren’t drowning. After putting the Commodore on a table Mack quickly left and made his way to the bridge.

When the turbolift doors opened Mack was stunned into silence as he looked around the damaged bridge. The Damage Control teams were busy doing their jobs already had the small fires out and were replacing burnt out circuts, control panels, and screens. "Status report!" he called out not knowing who was currently in command. After taking the shots that the Chimera did who knew who had been lost in those moments.
 
“Mr Steward, I want deck by deck security sweeps. I want to make sure they didn’t beam boarding parties over while our shields were down… Engineering we need shields, life-support, weapons than all other systems online and in that order, I believe we have interface inhibitors in your isolinear chip banks get people on it and get my systems online.”

"Yes Commander."

Since the systems wasn't quite what he'd like them to be, he used the personal comms to order the security deck sweeps. Since they were in a state of emergency and he was the ranking security officer, that meant that his place was on the bridge. He had his hand on his phaser as he checked the damage to the conn units.

All in all the damage wasn't too extensive, but there would go considerable amounts of time into repairs and then they also have the sabotage to figure out. All in all it was a complete SNAFU. He also relayed Commander Winters' orders through to Enginering, just in case they didn't get the communication.

As the turbolift doors opened, he had his phaser half-drawn, recognizing Captain Hunter at the last moment. He relaxed slightly, at least now they had a much more experienced person on the bridge. He left the report to Commander Winters, since she was the highest order of command on the bridge at that moment.
 
Hannibal accepted the aid of Lt. Stewart. He blinked a few times, performing his own internal assessment and letting his equilibrium re-established itself. He rose, retrieved the field medical kit from its emergency location. He did a quick sweep of himself, verifying that he only had a mild concussion. Hannibal snapped in a neuro-stemcell and biostimulant concoction of his own recipe and used the hyper spray to inject it into the artery feeding his brain. He waited five more seconds for the concoction to take root, before rising and assessing the rest of the bridge crew. Most were minor wounds. The abrasions were easily handled with a gelatinous biopaste of pleural skin and bone stem cells, nutrient, and adhesive.

There was one broken leg, but after he pushed the bone back in and set the bones in their places, a few sweeps of his scalpel seared out the worst of the bone spurs. He filled the missing chunks of flesh with more spray from his canister, before sealing the wound with scalpel and applying another layer of spray.

"It'll hold, but see Doctor Hiro within three days for proper rejuvenation."

The two concussions he dealt with the same as his own.

--- --- ---

An hour later saw him working through the incoming wounded. The mildest were triaged to the holding bay and watched over by Madeline. He had five mild cases of severe head trauma, and seven with radiation poisoning. He left a man with a bulkhead through his torso to Doctor Hizzeur.

Meanwhile Hannibal was busy trying to figure out how a one of the Saratoga Ensigns had a parasitic intestinal infestation of hookworms attached to the intestinal mucosa. Engsign Jane Broaddrick was a curiosity, but one that stuck out in relation to a list of peculiar incidents mounting.
 
Once T’Nara ensured that her bridge crew were taken care she assisted the damage control teams in getting the bridge back into an operational status. The damage to the ship’s bridge was more superficial than critical, and the loss of life, however tragic, was lower than what it could have been which brought a sense of relief to T’Nara. The design and strength of the ship was impressive to say the lease, for if this was one of the other federation ships the loss of life and damage to the ship would have been ten fold.

The reports that started to trickle in were about the same severity of the bridge, mostly superficial damage to critical areas, just enough to cripple the ship, another fact that supported T’Nara’s previous concerns of sabotage before all of this happened. She watched the Doctor as he made his rounds checking the condition of the crew before he disembarked the bridge, at least no reports of severe injury to the bridge crew was reassuring for once the systems were back online the higher experienced officers would be at their post.

Her attention snapped back to the turbolift when it opened the voice of Captain Hunter cut through the noise. T’Nara pushed herself up from one the consoles and made her way over to him. “Captain, most damage on the bridge is superficial and can be restored after some rewiring and replacement of consoles. We are currently having the isolinear chip banks of the main computer system checked to find and remove the inhibitors that were installed once that is complete we can get main systems up and operational, then we can restore the secondary. The loss of life is lower than what would have occurred if this wasn’t a modified ship. We unfortunately lost five members and have twenty in stable but critical condition. The Doctor just left a few moments ago so medical status of patients will more than likely change.” She took a step back. “Sir, I relinquish the command of the Chimera to you sir.”
 
Once T’Nara ensured that her bridge crew were taken care she assisted the damage control teams in getting the bridge back into an operational status. The damage to the ship’s bridge was more superficial than critical, and the loss of life, however tragic, was lower than what it could have been which brought a sense of relief to T’Nara. The design and strength of the ship was impressive to say the lease, for if this was one of the other federation ships the loss of life and damage to the ship would have been ten fold.

The reports that started to trickle in were about the same severity of the bridge, mostly superficial damage to critical areas, just enough to cripple the ship, another fact that supported T’Nara’s previous concerns of sabotage before all of this happened. She watched the Doctor as he made his rounds checking the condition of the crew before he disembarked the bridge, at least no reports of severe injury to the bridge crew was reassuring for once the systems were back online the higher experienced officers would be at their post.

Her attention snapped back to the turbolift when it opened the voice of Captain Hunter cut through the noise. T’Nara pushed herself up from one the consoles and made her way over to him. “Captain, most damage on the bridge is superficial and can be restored after some rewiring and replacement of consoles. We are currently having the isolinear chip banks of the main computer system checked to find and remove the inhibitors that were installed once that is complete we can get main systems up and operational, then we can restore the secondary. The loss of life is lower than what would have occurred if this wasn’t a modified ship. We unfortunately lost five members and have twenty in stable but critical condition. The Doctor just left a few moments ago so medical status of patients will more than likely change.” She took a step back. “Sir, I relinquish the command of the Chimera to you sir.”

That actually allowed Mack to breathe a sigh of relief. He didn't want to just take over the ship, even though according to regulations he had the right to. His answer to her relinquishing command was a simple nod. "Commodore Pike is in bad shape. He took what for anyone else would have been a leathal dose of radiation to get those kids trapped in the catwalk of the Saratoga. It'll be touch and go if he survives at all." he told her as he looked around some more. "You said something about inhibitors in the isolinear bank?" he asked.
 
T’Nara didn’t like how Commodore Pike commanded, but she didn’t want any harm to come to the man, or even have a chance of passing away. She took in a deep inhale and held it in for a few moments to recoup her control over her human emotions. “I’m Sorry, I knew the two of you were close.” She was about to ask if he wanted her to stay in command while the repairs were being conducted so he could be with him, but he seemed more concerned with the ship and remaining crew which showed he wasn’t at a conflict of emotions.

“Sir, When we discovered the attacking vessels coordinates and bearing. I ordered the basic phaser arc bearing maneuver, however when my tactical officer tried to fire the weapons and raise shields they both failed to activate. His console showed they were ready for activation, which told me the signal from here to the weapon banks and shield generators were prohibited and the only way of doing that is isolinear inhibitors. A concern that I brought up to the Commodore before we warped here but was overridden on conducing physical tests of the systems. We were in the process of running a level three diagnostic but I feared that this sabotage would only activate upon actual arming and activating the systems.” She explained to him, “I also believe those that were responsible for the sabotage is still aboard, I fear they could even hamper our efforts in conducting repairs until the attacking vessel can make repairs to their ship and return. May I suggest that only a few have access to the repairing process of the weapons and shields. And maybe only have Rhinquist and Steward conducting the isolinear checks.”
 
T’Nara didn’t like how Commodore Pike commanded, but she didn’t want any harm to come to the man, or even have a chance of passing away. She took in a deep inhale and held it in for a few moments to recoup her control over her human emotions. “I’m Sorry, I knew the two of you were close.” She was about to ask if he wanted her to stay in command while the repairs were being conducted so he could be with him, but he seemed more concerned with the ship and remaining crew which showed he wasn’t at a conflict of emotions.

“Sir, When we discovered the attacking vessels coordinates and bearing. I ordered the basic phaser arc bearing maneuver, however when my tactical officer tried to fire the weapons and raise shields they both failed to activate. His console showed they were ready for activation, which told me the signal from here to the weapon banks and shield generators were prohibited and the only way of doing that is isolinear inhibitors. A concern that I brought up to the Commodore before we warped here but was overridden on conducing physical tests of the systems. We were in the process of running a level three diagnostic but I feared that this sabotage would only activate upon actual arming and activating the systems.” She explained to him, “I also believe those that were responsible for the sabotage is still aboard, I fear they could even hamper our efforts in conducting repairs until the attacking vessel can make repairs to their ship and return. May I suggest that only a few have access to the repairing process of the weapons and shields. And maybe only have Rhinquist and Steward conducting the isolinear checks.”

"I highly doubt that any of the crew is in on this, or if there were that they're here. After all during that attack they could have been killed. The desire for self-preservation is too great.” He told her. “But by all means continue to check those control chips and assign who you see fit. There’s also more than one way to disable our defensive systems besides putting some sort of inhibitor. Since the Chief Engineer is busy with the repairs I’ll look at the computer itself and make sure there isn’t anything in the coding. After all I helped design this ship, I know it better than most.” he told her.
 
Med Bay - Good night dear sweet man

Hannibal had his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His arms were crossed. Madeline was sitting in the corner rocking herself as sniffled up snot and held back mewling, bellowing sobs. For once Hiro wasn't comforting her. Hiro had some dermal lazarant, and she was rubbing it over the sloughed off skin of their last patient.

They'd performed the most barbaric experiments during the infancy of medicine. Everything from leeches to parasites in a desperate grasp to stave off death. The most heinous of all was depriving people of human contact. Love could support life as well as any concoction of nanites and stem cell injections that modern medicine had to throw at a patient.

"Damn it Hannibal," Hizzeur hissed. "He's in too much pain, we need to shut him down."

Hannibal shrugged. "Pike," he called out, stepping closer to his final patient from the attack. "Your advanced directives consent to unconventional treatments in field situations as deemed by the Chief Medical Officer. Your cells are breaking down at a molecular level. They are decohering. They have gone beyond cancerous rebellion to the natural order. They seek absolute dissolution."

Pike starred up with unblinking eyes at the ceiling.

Madeline looking up from her huddle in the corner. "He looks like a-"

"Enough," Hannibal said without looking at her.

Madeline crumpled.

"Computer log a Directive 31."

"Directive 31 is confirmed." The computer I have sought the council of my staff." Hannibal paused, looking from Hizzeur to Hiro.

Hizzeur glared at Hannibal. Hiro just looked up for her work on the last remnants of Pike's skin, and gave a slight nod.

"We will induce a hyperthermic state at the cellular level, halting cellular metabolism. The nanites will attempt to absorb residual alpha and gamma particulars. We can't do anything about the anti-matter. We will allow the subatomical reactions to occur. After which time, your body will be returned to Starfleet Command. They will attempt to rejuvenate your body from your stem cells, nutrient dense probiotics, and energy manipulation."

Hannibal paused and looked at the heads up display relating an array of neural and bodily instrumentation. He paused long enough for a breath to be shared by all present.

"Lieutenant Hiro you may withdraw. Doctor Hizzeur begin the endothermics."

Hiro finished her treatment, rose, and gathering up Madeline. "Come little dove, we fly away now." Madeline smooshed her face into Hiro's shoulder and the pair exited the medical bay.

Hizzeur called up several interfaces in the air before him and manipulated them with surgical precision. The stasis field around Commodore Pike's body flickered to life, even as the life was snuffed from Pike's body. Temperature throughout Pike's body was controlled with minute precision so that the proper order of bodily shutdown occurred from the system, organ, tissue, to the cellular level.

Hannibal watched the procedure through a combination of his own hovering, semi-visible holographic displays floating in the air around him and with his own eyes as the impacts of Hizzeur's manipulations were executed upon Pike's body. Hannibal dismissed his heads up display. "Doctor Hizzeur, I leave the medical bay in your capable hands."

Hannibal walked over to the protein synthesizer and called up a set of recipes to recreate a lamb's liver and cow's lungs and some pork intestines. When they were finished, he gathered them up in a container and exited the medical bay.
 
After making sure that everything was secure and the alert status having gone to amber, he used the turbolift to access Enginering. He stepped into the section and reported to Rhinquist, after a brief discussion of the chips and how to handle the search, they started removing panels and searching through the most obvious stacks. Their search all in futility though, Dale sat on the ground after closing the last panel and leaned back against the station behind him.

"Nothing, no inhibitors, all of them working...this is frustrating to the maximum to say the least."

He got to his feet and dusted his uniform, tucking it into proper proportions before looking over the Enginering section as the crew rushed about to do their repairs and find ways to bypass the blocked pathways. He flicked open his comm unit, "Captain Hunter. Steward here. Our search of the isolinear chips have proven that we have a healthy bank of chips. Sir, wasn't there a disturbance just before we got the distress signal? Would we not find answers there?"
 
Last edited:
Back
Top