What little kindness did you today?

I did not murder a neighbor who desperately deserves discorporation.
 
Since it's always just the small one and I, I usually buy those little bitty watermelons but when I was at Costco all they had were fairly large medium sized fat melons. I picked one and put it in the fridge for the 4th of July. She and I found a parking lot near enough to a big fireworks display and set up camp.

I'm really playful on friendly will sweet thrill weird I had in mind that I would share the watermelon with whoever I was near but somehow each little group was isolated by their cars and it just felt awkward as to which group to approach and offer and which group to ignore . I finally decided it didn't matter and just approached three different groups with some watermelon and all except an older man who is by himself seemed to think it was an awkward gesture but they of these have to do with imprinting finally accepted it with thanks. It was a damn good watermelon too by the way.

It's not the giving away of the watermelon because if I didn't give it away I would need to throw it away rather than make a mess in my car it was gathering courage to do something that's felt awkward.
 
I smiled and had a pleasant chat with the barista when ordering my morning coffee
 
Sorry to say I did nothing but a lady did me a huge kindness by bending over from the waist to get something off the floor while a loose scoop neck shirt. MY OH MY!!!
 
Took a cab (I’m on holiday, no Uber) and the cabbie gave my friend too little cash, so I checked and corrected the difference
 
I'm glad to see that this thread still has life in it :)

While on vacation recently, I stood in line to use the lone toilet at an outdoor event - a toilet that automatically sanitizes itself after every use. I'd say it took about 3 minutes after each use, which made the line crawl. People let young kids cut in line, which was the right thing to do but made the line move that much slower.

As I reached the font of the line and was waiting for the sanitize cycle to run, the woman behind me put her hand on my arm and, with a look of desperation in her eyes, said "I'm going to pee myself if I have to wait one more moment." This was in French, and I don't speak French, but the look on her face was clear. As the light flashed 'ready', I stepped aside to allow her to take care of her business first.
 
While having lunch today at a small restaurant, at the table next to me was a very young family with an infant sleeping in her car seat and a young boy happily talking to his mom and dad. They looked happy, and made me smile and remember those days when my wife and I were first starting out together. As I was paying my check, I paid theirs too and left without letting them know - but I wish them the happiest of lives together as a family.
 
On my morning walk, I noticed that the trash collectors had left a bit of trash spilled, so as I went along, I picked up the trash and put it back into the empty bins. It was only a few things, like wrappers and juice boxes and such, so it wasn't a big deal. But it did make the street look better.
 
kindness

I swept the deck in the back yard and knocked down all the spider webs that had accumulated which isn't going to make me popular with Charlotte but will make my family happy.
 
Took the grocery carts for 2 old folks from their cars back to the corral.
 
Atm

Hit the local ATM at my bank the other day. There was a little old lady at the next one and as I started to stick my card in she told me not to use the machine as it hadn't given her any money. Then she said that the one she was in front of didn't give her her money either and went into the bank to complain.

I looked at the money slot on the machine I was at and there sat $300. I looked at the machine she had just left and another $300 sat in the slot.

Two weeks in CUBA is gonna be so nice

jk

I followed her into the bank and handed her the $600. My ONLY motivation of course was so I could post on this thread.

jk

Ya'll have a GREAT day.
 
A kindness received...I still walk with a limp. I was returning my cart to the corral in a light rain when I was intercepted by a stranger. "Here, let me get that." Thank you, stranger.:)
 
Today I massaged my mother's pack because I know how stressed out she is.
 
My second ex wife came for a visit; again. Cried on my shoulder about her dysfunctional family and other things in her life.
I offered suggestions (not advice; never do that!), consoled her as best as I could then made and served her lunch.
She left in a good mood and stated I was a good friend.
 
Hello, wonderful Litsters!

I bought a big box of sweets, and a box of healthy treats, and asked a friend of mine to send them into a random nearby primary school on my behalf.

I asked to not let me know which school, if it was gratefully received, or even when it was done.

... I just want those kids to have a nice treat. I don't want to walk by with a feeling of smug satisfaction. I'm happy with an anonymous gift and hope they enjoy it.

They'd better bloody enjoy it! :heart:
 
I love the thread!

I actually paid it Forward at the coffee shop this morning.
 
Back
Top