Feedback on my feedback

NaokoSmith

Honourable Slut
Hey lovelies
can I get some feedback on my review blog? (Link in sig.)

I review a lot of Literotica stories, although other things too.

My blog is really aimed at a younger audience, as an alternative Sex and Relationships Education - no no, don't run off, it's not that boring! LOL, the only thing that means is that I am kinda hardline about safe sex. I will only review things which are safe sex (definition on blog).

I would really appreciate any pointers right now, as I'm hoping to launch the blog and publicise it more widely soon.

I mean to come and provide feedback on the stories I can't review on my blog here as soon as I can get some sleep, I mean time, LOL. Gah, a MILF's work is never done when it's the summer hols :rolleyes:. I am sitting here now with some French onions at my elbow which I haven't the energy to put away, the cats crying for food, my Piglet calling down the stairs for a goodnight kiss and a pile of marking for my lovely students (all too mature for my blog, and many with babies so beyond the safe sex advice).

zzzz

Any feedback and/or stories I can review greatly appreciated :rose:)

sorry, I never put a condom in my stories. I don't believe in them. Did you ever tasted a condom? Bleech! How about the taste of spermicide? Yummy, huh? In real life I have made love to over 150 persons of both sexes and never had any kind of STD. Just lucky? I don't think so.

Thanks for making a reply, robertreams.

Could you maybe check the blog and see if you enjoy story reviews on there? A lot of perfectly safe activities don't even require protection, and in a way that makes the reviews cover a wider range of activities. Some people don't even notice that the stories I review are all safe sex! they just think the stories are all hot, LOL.

Any feedback on the blog, gratefully received.
:rose:

Its poorly organized, I didn't find what you reference for comments.

So, I was starting to check out your blog, but then I ran into one issue--I kind of feel like you're a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to your policies. Let me explain.

Real Life practice, you should think very carefully about the risks of pregnancy and also Sexually Transmitted Diseases. To encourage you to think before you ... do stuff, I will only accept stories for review which use condoms for penetrative sex (vaginal and anal).

I think it's a little bit odd that a feminist erotica blog would put all the onus for safe sex on the guy as it were. For example: I have a story involving a middle aged man having sex with a young woman--in it they do not use a condom. However, he has had a vasectomy, she is on the pill, and they've both had STI screenings since their last partners. I would guess if you put up a poll asking who has thought more about the risk of pregnancy and STIs, your couple with the condom or my couple without, more people would skew toward my couple. Yet my couple would be banned from your blog.

I know I might be a bit of an anti-feminist, but at the same time I think it's counterintuitive to think that she wouldn't think about and make sure she is protected. (Also, technically as I read that section of your blog, a condom breaking would technically be allowed assuming they stopped once they realized it, even though all the risks have just flooded out. You did after all mention you want them thinking about it).

The risk for oral sex is so small that I will let that go, cuz even I would not like to suck on a condom (ewww!).

Um, flavored condoms? Here's a guide from about.com in regards to condoms for oral sex.
http://std.about.com/od/prevention/qt/oralcondom.htm

http://brown.edu/Student_Services/H...ly_transmitted_infections/oral_sex_&_STIs.php

I think you underestimate the risk involved honestly. I note the part in the Brown article that of 122 patients, 8 of them (about 6.5%). So how effective are condoms? HIV transmission alone they estimate .9 in every 100-person years. If you follow the math through, a 10 minute blowjob with a condom gives a chance of roughly 1 in 6 million. About 4% of those living with HIV transmit it every year, and if you go 6.5% of those, you're 365 times more likely to catch HIV via oral sex without a condom than with.

Again, condoms are not the be-all-end-all of thinking about safe sex. Perhaps you're leaving something off in your interpretation, but it just seems to me that a strong, confident woman would take her own precautions and know what she's getting into.

Pretty good. My thoughts:

- Feminism ~ a movement seeking to establish equal rights and opportunities for women. Your selection of reviews should (only?) be about pro-active women, women being liberated from stultifying influences, and women&men dismissing gender stereotypes.

- This is a review site for adults, right? Ditch the rule about safe-sex. Instead highlight when an author/character falls into the trap of sex without mindfulness. Having said that please continue avoiding stories where the female character falls to pieces at the thought of her man. I do like the format of you having discussion with silent audience, but I think your style is too colloquial.

- I want to know more about your feelings because that is what stories are. Tell us more about your feelings and explain it. It helps that you often use comparisons to other stories.

- Don't be afraid to be selective and only review top rated stories. For example your local newspaper would only review albums that are around 4 four stars.

- This is a review site for adults, right? Ditch the rule about safe-sex. Instead highlight when an author/character falls into the trap of sex without mindfulness.

Actually she said the blog is aimed at a younger audience, which I took to mean teenagers. And I think that encouraging condom use among that set is not a bad idea.

I agree, though, that condoms are not the end-all be-all for penetrative sex. When used correctly -- that phrase is key -- they are pretty effective, but hardly infallible.

And what is "safe sex?" Preventing pregnancy? Preventing STIs? Both, I'd imagine. I'm not sure what Naoko's definition is, I mean. Condoms are important in preventing both of these, of course. The Pill or patch protects you against pregnancy but not disease. Condoms help prevent both, but can break.

And what is "safe sex?" Preventing pregnancy? Preventing STIs? Both, I'd imagine. I'm not sure what Naoko's definition is, I mean. Condoms are important in preventing both of these, of course. The Pill or patch protects you against pregnancy but not disease. Condoms help prevent both, but can break.

The only 100% safe sex is no sex. Other modalities might be called 'safer' sex -- safer than unfiltered exchanges of bodily fluids. But reducing risks is good, right? Just HOW good depends on user expectations. A high-level risk containment system might ban open-mouth kissing. Does that meet anyone's expectations? (Other than in a whore+john or grandparent relationship.)

As PennLady asks, from what are we being protected? Disease? Try quarantine. Pregnancy? Use condoms, The Pill, withdrawal, abstinence. Emotional distress? Maybe everything except no-contact gives a false sense of security. Lawsuits? Try avoidance. Alas, nothing is perfect.

I thought that safe sex was the whole point of the blog. Am I missing something?

I don't think you are. I don't think the emphasis should be taken off of safe sex at all, I personally just think the OP needs to consider that there's more to safe sex than using a condom. Though I do think the idea of needing to put a condom on a merman, robot, alien, or all the tentacles of a tentacle monster is a little much.

sorry, I never put a condom in my stories. I don't believe in them. Did you ever tasted a condom? Bleech! How about the taste of spermicide? Yummy, huh?

That's what unlubricated condoms are for. Harder to find, but not THAT hard.

I thought that safe sex was the whole point of the blog. Am I missing something?

Maybe, Maybe not, I think NaokoSmith needs to explain herself.

I figured that "Feminist Erotica" would be a blog about erotica which complies with feminism ideals. So a safe sex requirement is as relevant as saying all the characters need to have "average attractiveness". But if NaokoSmith wants an average attractiveness policy that is her choice to make.

LOAnnie2 said:
I don't think the emphasis should be taken off of safe sex at all, I personally just think the OP needs to consider that there's more to safe sex than using a condom.
Sure, that works too.

But I do think NaokoSmith can uphold her moral stance and discuss the non-compliant stories. You could end up with a critique which is something like: "the self-assured character engages in unexplained risky sexual behaviour", or "this story is stupid because of [reasons]."

sorry, I never put a condom in my stories. I don't believe in them. Did you ever tasted a condom? Bleech! How about the taste of spermicide? Yummy, huh? In real life I have made love to over 150 persons of both sexes and never had any kind of STD. Just lucky? I don't think so.

Me either.

I sent you a PM about one of mine I just posted...haven't heard back from you.

http://www.literotica.com/s/mary-tagert

Hey Zeb, many thanks for your PM and message here. Sorry it took me a little while to get back, the summer holidays are always kinda busy times for MILF! I mean mom <snerk>.

Review here:
http://feministerotica.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/mary-tagert.html?zx=3d547dd461fb2b6f

I enjoyed the story. I made a couple of (hopefully constructive!) critical remarks. I am not at all suggesting you should do this, as the story is a nice one as it is, however if you like to take your stories down and revise them in line with comments, I would be happy to give this story a closer read for you and provide more feedback - although I won't be able to do this till September. When my kid finally goes back to school, I will at last be able to read my emails in daylight, without someone behind me asking if the one entitled: MY WILLY SPURTED SO HARD IT GOT ME IN THE EYE is about a new whale movie.

Hey folks, thanks for engaging in a discussion on this thread.

I give definitions of safe sex and the purpose of the blog in pages on the blog, feel free to go and read those.

Mainly my blog is aimed at a younger audience - personally I imagine that could be up to 25s. Among other things, I hope to suggest to young men that bullying vulnerable young women into giving them pictures of their breasts is not that macho and cool, and encourage young men and women to believe that sexual excitement is fun, not something disgusting which they must repress.

I aim to use my blog to encourage young people to behave responsibly and respectfully as they come to terms with their own and others' sexuality, in order not to spoil theirs or others' lives with unwanted pregnancies before they are ready for parenting or STD/STIs. When I come on here I explain that I only review 'safe sex' stories (my definition on my blog here), since I don't want to waste people's time encouraging them to send me a story I can't review. Unfortunately this often leads to a long argument about safe sex rather than feedback on the reviews and discussion topics I offer on the blog.

Sorry that my sense of humour re. the condoms and aliens/mermaids etc seems not to be shared by everyone! you can't win 'em all, huh.
:cool:

Hey Zeb, many thanks for your PM and message here. Sorry it took me a little while to get back, the summer holidays are always kinda busy times for MILF! I mean mom <snerk>.

Review here:
http://feministerotica.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/mary-tagert.html?zx=3d547dd461fb2b6f

I enjoyed the story. I made a couple of (hopefully constructive!) critical remarks. I am not at all suggesting you should do this, as the story is a nice one as it is, however if you like to take your stories down and revise them in line with comments, I would be happy to give this story a closer read for you and provide more feedback - although I won't be able to do this till September. When my kid finally goes back to school, I will at last be able to read my emails in daylight, without someone behind me asking if the one entitled: MY WILLY SPURTED SO HARD IT GOT ME IN THE EYE is about a new whale movie.

Thank you...I have left you a comment. I am currently working on a sequel which will close a few of the plot loop holes left. ;)

I may re-write per your suggestions. It all depends on time. So many stories in the works, so little time. ;)

Thanks again.

I seriously doubt that younger men are going to read this blog so it seems more of a "I sure told them" effort in terms of what you say you're trying to inform younger men about. (In fact I don't think anyone other than those who already staunchly agree with you on this issue are going to read the blog.)

Last edited:
I'm surprised I didn't see anyone post that this forum is for stories posted on literotica.

I guess a case could be made for it since some lit stories are reviewed on there, but for the most part this is "what do you think of my blog" not a lit story.

But I guess its a clever way to drive up the hit count on the site so I give an A for business savvy and marketing.

I'm surprised I didn't see anyone post that this forum is for stories posted on literotica.

I guess a case could be made for it since some lit stories are reviewed on there, but for the most part this is "what do you think of my blog" not a lit story.

But I guess its a clever way to drive up the hit count on the site so I give an A for business savvy and marketing.

I've been biting my tongue. ;)

Oh, I've given up on trying to help the Web site keep its content focused and following its rules.

Last edited:
As Naoko's only link is to a review of a Lit story, I'd hope that that small breach of policy might be forgiven.

As for her motives in asking for feedback about her site and stories to review, might I speculate that she wanted to get feedback and stories to review? I mean, as opposed to driving up her page views? (This thread has had all of 499 views as of this moment.)

As Naoko's only link is to a review of a Lit story, I'd hope that that small breach of policy might be forgiven.

As for her motives in asking for feedback about her site and stories to review, might I speculate that she wanted to get feedback and stories to review? I mean, as opposed to driving up her page views? (This thread has had all of 499 views as of this moment.)

Sure, but then someone else figures they can get away with a "small breach of policy" (and who defines what a "small breach of policy" really is?), and a hundred more people follow that person, and the breach grows larger each time (because each person still believes theirs is a "small breach of policy), and so it goes until no one remembers there is a policy.

Back