The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm a little miffed about that though the natives are sucking up the sunshine quite happily. Fortunately we have one more day predicted of warmth and then it goes back to the damp again. How you holding up in the deluge, Tx?
 
Yeah, I'm a little miffed about that though the natives are sucking up the sunshine quite happily. Fortunately we have one more day predicted of warmth and then it goes back to the damp again. How you holding up in the deluge, Tx?

I'm high and dry although we've had 7.5" of rain right here. Hwy 59 is closed due to flooding below the damn here on the lake. We'll probably get a couple more inches of rain before this mess clears out on Friday. The lake is a muddy mess. A Heavy tea to brownish red color according to where you are.

Most of the heavy flooding now is south of Conroe in northwestern Harris county and Waller county. A lot of the creeks are still rising and ain't going to get much better until the end of the week or even next week.
 
If I understand things, Calif. is always short of water.
Good to moderate selling opportunity ?
 
Texas and California share a common problem. What is 'average' rain never happens. It's either too much or not enough! :D
 
Uh yeah, a certain Bear moves to the Portland area and now they are setting heat records. :eek: 10, 12, 17 degrees above normal in the area. Coincidence? If the California drought goes away then.... We have one hot Bear. ;)

Yes, he is quite hot.
 
I would imagine in the UK that 'not enough' was a rare occurrence.


Strangely enough, no. A good bit more common than one might think.
This is particularly noticeable in places round the Thames valley, where there are a number of HUGE aquifers (a Very big hole for water, cut into the rock).
Until a relatively short while ago, the main tank was in a parlous state and was very low ("we could see the bottom", said one engineer).
Then it rained.
Then it rained some more.
Then there was a repeat - several times.

I believe they are in good supply these days.
 
And you're enjoying every minute of it.

I've reached the end of stage I of unpacking. Tomorrow I will hang pictures and hunting trophies and then Monday I, too, will launch the year's landscaping.
 
And you're enjoying every minute of it.

I've reached the end of stage I of unpacking. Tomorrow I will hang pictures and hunting trophies and then Monday I, too, will launch the year's landscaping.

It feels good to get my hands dirty again. How many cubic feet of soil do I need for a plot 7 feet long, 4 feet wide, and 8 inches deep?
 
Why? Is there some limit on how long a thread can go? I mean, just because it's obvious doesn't mean I noticed . . .:eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top