What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going for an ultrasound with my fiancee and discovering she's been a little careless: without either of us knowing, she's developed a distinct, second heir for us to love. That's right: twins!
Twice as nice! And you usually don't lose twice as much sleep with two as with one, from the experiences of friends who've had a pair. ;)
 
Going for an ultrasound with my fiancee and discovering she's been a little careless: without either of us knowing, she's developed a distinct, second heir for us to love. That's right: twins!

Two cool! Congratulations, congratulations! :)
 
Thanks, everyone above! Spreading the good news has made today a real awesome one! It's nice to smile like this. :)
 
finally being able to shave my legs completely with out having to take a pain pill or stop not even half way thru.

Okay, so I missed a few spots, it's still nice to be smooth again.
 
I posted this elsewhere, but it warrants repeating - I've been in a relationship for six months, and this is a surprise because I genuinely wasn't sure I had it in me. As Etoile and Syd may know, I've been tagging a lot of my posts on Twitter with #winning lately. This is mostly why.
 
Bwahahaha!

Tables Turn: Deputies and movers show up at bank to seize property for homeowner

COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A bank foreclosure story you've got to see to believe. A Collier County couple turns the tables on Bank of America, the bank that tried to foreclose on their home. Now, the family is foreclosing on the bank! Even bringing trucks and deputies ready to seize property.

=.=.=.=.

"As a foreclosure defense attorney this is sweet justice."

Lots more, including video, at the article linked in the headline above. :D

One word: sweet!
 
Okay every time I see one of those Charmin commerical where the bears are examining each other's behind I see this immage in my head.

Examination.jpg


Anybody find themselves in the same situation?
 
Biking around the lake and not being completely dead after it, like I was a mere week ago. I guess exercise makes exercising easier.
 
Going for an ultrasound with my fiancee and discovering she's been a little careless: without either of us knowing, she's developed a distinct, second heir for us to love. That's right: twins!

What fabulous news! Congratulations!
 
Just bought tickets to see The Moody Blues this Saturday night. It's an outdoor music venue so everyone brings little portable tables, picnic baskets full of goodies and lots of wine and candles. Have never heard them in person but have been listening to their music since shortly after Marconi got the whole radio thing going.
 
Just bought tickets to see The Moody Blues this Saturday night. It's an outdoor music venue so everyone brings little portable tables, picnic baskets full of goodies and lots of wine and candles. Have never heard them in person but have been listening to their music since shortly after Marconi got the whole radio thing going.

Ooo I am so envious. Not being quite as old, I can only remember listening to them as far back as university. Enjoy yourself Yank.
 
Something unravelled, then with a flick of the wrist rolled right back up again. Ahhhhh, who doesn't love a good Yo-Yo trick. :)
 
After watching the Debbie loves cats video, I feel a little twitchy saying this:

I love MY cat. How she overlooked the fact that I spent the evening in tears, wallowing in self-pity. She ignored the fact that I woke up clumsily, with an after-wine headache that needed two cups of coffee and a shower before I could give her a decent belly rub.

She's sitting in the window now, chattering away with the bluejay outside. :)

That reminds me of something I've always wondered. Do birds get headaches?
(please don't ask me why, it's just how my mind works!) :eek:
 
Waking up in a warm ball, under my blankets, with a small shaft of sunlight coming through the clouds and through my window.
 
Talking to someone really special followed by a great night out with friends I have not seen in ages, started with dinner, then karaoke, pool and dancing. I have not laughed so hard in ages, especially with the silly dance moves they were doing.

Sober driving so I could make sure everyone got home safely.

Having the police follow me into the carpark of the pub so they could breath test me. No idea why they didn't pull me up in the 5 minutes they were following me.

Having the bouncers ID me and not believing that it was my ID, apparently I don't look 32. Still think I look a hell of a lot older than 18 though.

Seeing my ex and been able to look him in the eye and not feel that I have to leave just because he is there. Him not feeling the need to talk to or harass me.

An item of clothing that I don't wear often but really enjoy it when I do. For some odd reason it gives me confidence.
 
Last edited:
Going for a bike ride around the lake despite the heat and my lack of motivation. And I didn't take any of the shortcuts either!

ETA: I'm still waiting to experience any kind of an endorphine rush people talk about. The only thing that makes me feel good about exercise is the fact that I'm doing something, because it's good for me, even if I have no real interest in it and I hate doing it.
 
Last edited:
After watching the Debbie loves cats video, I feel a little twitchy saying this:

I love MY cat. How she overlooked the fact that I spent the evening in tears, wallowing in self-pity. She ignored the fact that I woke up clumsily, with an after-wine headache that needed two cups of coffee and a shower before I could give her a decent belly rub.

She's sitting in the window now, chattering away with the bluejay outside. :)

That reminds me of something I've always wondered. Do birds get headaches?
(please don't ask me why, it's just how my mind works!) :eek:


Good morning, you're sounding much better today.

Before i forget, Sir Lancelot says hello to Mouser. I really think our two pussies need to meet someday. ;)

Thanks for the smiles this message gave me, and I bet birds DO get headaches. Especially if they fly into windows. I wonder if there's some sort of bird aspirin. I hope it makes you smile again and not roll your eyes and shake your fist in my direction! Enjoy the day! :rose:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top