Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
EJFan said:
sorry to hear about this phoenix. were they close?
Very... He was her godfather too.

He had incurable cancer for about a year so, they knew that it was going to happen soon.
 
phoenix1224 said:
Very... He was her godfather too.

He had incurable cancer for about a year so, they knew that it was going to happen soon.
i hope she heals quickly and keeps the memories close.
 
silverwhisper said:
even so, phoenix...i'm sorry.

ed
No need to worry about me... I never met him because he lived in Arkansas.

I'm just hurting because her and her family is hurting.
 
I'm sorry Phoenix. I know what you and your fiance are going through, for in the last week I have lost three people I was close to.
 
[slaps away Silver's hands growling]

Yes, it's Thursday for you...which means tomorrow is weekend time (after work).

I get to read placement essays Saturday and Sunday.
 
silverwhisper said:
i believe you're about to discover the long-lost tenth circle of hell, SJ.

ed
i'm the landlord of that particular property.
 
silverwhisper said:
i believe you're about to discover the long-lost tenth circle of hell, SJ.

ed

The stupid thing is, I bring this on myself. I am NOT required to do this as part of my job. But somehow, every summer, especially every early August, here I am reading placement essays.
 
Yes, and it's never been in my nature to not give a damn when it comes to stuff like this.

[sighs]
 
SJ: i somehow just knew you were gonna say that.

[gets comfy in the easy chair in SJ's mind]

:>

ed
 
silverwhisper said:
SJ: i somehow just knew you were gonna say that.

[gets comfy in the easy chair in SJ's mind]

:>

ed

When are you going to start paying rent?

Giving a damn is how I got roped into rewriting the TA/New Faculty Handbook for our Comp program, which is what I have spent the better part of my summer doing.

Should I mention that the rewriting of the faculty handbook is actually not something I get paid to do. Yes, one of the lovely component of my job evaluation every year is "service". What kind of "service"--outside of teaching and holding office hours--am I providing to the deparment, the university, and/or the community.
 
what scalywag said is suddenly leaping around in the forefront of my mind in 96 point comic sans serif.

remember: the worst wounds are self-inflicted.

ed
 
*lightbulb goes on*

aha... it's the fact that "buttsex" was one word... THAT'S why it was so funny! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top