The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: You put that coffee down, John! You know you have trouble sleeping as it is.

LOL, is your box, I mean apartment, still painted black?

Hey, Shaun of the Dead was on telly last night! What luck. It was hilarious.

Thank you, HP, :rose:. Did you get your special fishing reel on ebay OK?

Um, too late. Already drank half the cup. :eek:

LOL, no, the apartment was never painted black. White walls with an ugly greenish wall by the fireplace. :p And now alot cleaner thanks to my work over the weekend.

I love Shaun of the Dead. One of my favorite zombie movies, even if it is a spoof. One of my favorite scenes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqQ8Y9Sjp7o

anna, Willie, you may know this but if you eat the local honey it's supposed to be good for hayfever (like wot I get but the last couple of years have been so rainy, it hasn't been such a problem).

I've heard that, and it may help a bit with my wife and the Little One, when we use it. They're both from a different part of the country and thus have to get used to the south-central Texas climate and all it's allergens. Me, personally, I've lived all over this damn planet, and maybe due to that, or just good genetics, I don't really suffer much from allergies other than the occasional congestion.

Anyway, given the time for you, I'd offer honey for your morning tea. Me, I'll just finish off my last beer of the night while winding down my Amish honeymoon cruise story. ;)

Morning guys! Is there any coffee on yet?

Sorry that John and Steve had less than ideal weekends. Apart from the 'interesting' teaching (always fun to find out halfway through the lesson that the set question has been completely ballsed up by those typing it out :rolleyes:), it was a good weekend, see here for our Sunday walk with piccies of Spring flowers. Piglet got through her mock exam in music, well by that I mean she actually sat there for a whole hour, whether she answered any questions is another matter, LOL. Us parents are all a bit :mad: with the college for making them do it at very short notice.

I think I'll get Ogg to come and fill in my forms for work! He can get six times my salary, although it's true that he has to have twins to do it. I find just the one piglet quite sufficient and deeply admire Steve for coping with three!

anna, Willie, you may know this but if you eat the local honey it's supposed to be good for hayfever (like wot I get but the last couple of years have been so rainy, it hasn't been such a problem).

Molly, it's so good to know that Anonymous does other things than put irritating comments on our stories.

'Lo HP! Bear. :kiss:

Thanks Naoko. It was weekend of highs and lows. My MIL's birthday celebrations and my discussion in the way to rugby with my eleven-year-olaf son about the disappointments of Obama's second term being two of them. :)

Also, being able to use the word 'opining' in my latest Make Me Dirty offering. It features safe sex, so it's right up your street...

Thanks Naoko. It was weekend of highs and lows. My MIL's birthday celebrations and my discussion in the way to rugby with my eleven-year-olaf son about the disappointments of Obama's second term being two of them. :)

Also, being able to use the word 'opining' in my latest Make Me Dirty offering. It features safe sex, so it's right up your street...

Ha! What a give-away that my autocorrect substituted 'Olaf' for 'old'. Take note, slyc... ;)

Oh you are always welcome up my street, Steve. ;) Er, *cough, puts on serious voice*, I'll check it out.

Well, my wifi cafe has had a makeover, and I feel right at home now! It's full of 70s style pictures of partially clothed exotic beauties. I feel like I'm in a cross between this place and Naked Arabic Chicks.

Willie, thanks for the honey, honey.

I hope you were wearing your jeans while cleaning at the weekend, John. :p

That was a good one, Steve. I wish you'd write it up and publish it, then I can review it on my blog, LOL.

Well, phew, the moderator's report has come through on my marking quite quickly this year. (Management usually sit on it for three or four weeks in the hopes that it'll hatch perhaps.) As usual it says my feedback is excellent and my grading is appropriate so :p to the 'aberrant' comments on my marking from managers who don't like you to teach well. (That was a different tongue sticking out to the one I was using about you in your jeans, John, she adds hurriedly.)

:rose: to the moderator. Who's called Olaf! ROFL. Perhaps he moonlights in here.

> Slides up to the Bar and then collapses; <
Is there such a thing as a diet coffee or something?.

Oh Sod It.
Let me have a large Highland Park with soda water.

That was a good one, Steve. I wish you'd write it up and publish it, then I can review it on my blog, LOL.

Well, phew, the moderator's report has come through on my marking quite quickly this year. (Management usually sit on it for three or four weeks in the hopes that it'll hatch perhaps.) As usual it says my feedback is excellent and my grading is appropriate so :p to the 'aberrant' comments on my marking from managers who don't like you to teach well. (That was a different tongue sticking out to the one I was using about you in your jeans, John, she adds hurriedly.)

:rose: to the moderator. Who's called Olaf! ROFL. Perhaps he moonlights in here.

Thanks! I'm not sure anyone would pay for a few hundred words, which is all I seem to be able to turn out at the moment. Still, it keeps my hand in. So to speak...

Personally, I'd be quite chuffed at the soubriquet "aberrant" myself... :D

> Slides up to the Bar and then collapses; <
Is there such a thing as a diet coffee or something?.

Oh Sod It.
Let me have a large Highland Park with soda water.

Olaf, my man! Sort this poor gennelman out, if you would. Give him the 50-year-old good stuff... :)

741449.jpg

Thanks! I'm not sure anyone would pay for a few hundred words, which is all I seem to be able to turn out at the moment. Still, it keeps my hand in. So to speak...

Personally, I'd be quite chuffed at the soubriquet "aberrant" myself... :D

Olaf, my man! Sort this poor gennelman out, if you would. Give him the 50-year-old good stuff... :)

741449.jpg

Migosh, I'm going to snuggle up here between Steve and HP. 50 Year Old Highland Park! I shall stay here all day being aberrant.

I'm not at all aberrant if you compare my marks to the moderator's report, just compared to the other tutors whose students never do as well as mine. It's not my fault.

I prefer my soubriquet on Amazon Kindle: writer of 'depraved, disgusting filth'. :D. All because my werewolves whine too much to be 'real' werewolves, ROFLOL!

You don't have to be writing paid stuff to be reviewed on my blog, as long as it's safe sex I usually slip it in. Er, as it were. Um *cough*, yes, well, just pass that whisky. And NO ice!

As I was saying, I'm sure you'll find that fishing reel very soon, HP. Are you able to share with us what's led to this unusual mid-day drinking session? You were so happily posting Singer Sewing machines only a short while ago.

:rose:

How Very, Very kind of you.

Hey. What's the use of having... um... sway with the bar-staff if you can't use it to cheer up a mate once in a while...? :D

Besides, <adopts Cheryl Cole-style Geordie accent> it's becoz ya werth it... ;)

Chezza, BTW, comes from the same area in Newcastle where I was born: Heaton. Any resemblance between us is, I assure you, completely coincidental...

Migosh, I'm going to snuggle up here between Steve and HP. 50 Year Old Highland Park! I shall stay here all day being aberrant.

I'm not at all aberrant if you compare my marks to the moderator's report, just compared to the other tutors whose students never do as well as mine. It's not my fault.

I prefer my soubriquet on Amazon Kindle: writer of 'depraved, disgusting filth'. :D. All because my werewolves whine too much to be 'real' werewolves, ROFLOL!

You don't have to be writing paid stuff to be reviewed on my blog, as long as it's safe sex I usually slip it in. Er, as it were. Um *cough*, yes, well, just pass that whisky. And NO ice!

As I was saying, I'm sure you'll find that fishing reel very soon, HP. Are you able to share with us what's led to this unusual mid-day drinking session? You were so happily posting Singer Sewing machines only a short while ago.

:rose:

I've built a career out of being aberrant. It works for me... :)

Morning guys! Is there any coffee on yet?

Mmm, coffee. I was kept awake much of the night by... overactive snoring. *sigh*

Hayfever? I'd not heard that, but know that local honey works wonders with seasonal allergies.

I've heard that, and it may help a bit with my wife and the Little One, when we use it. They're both from a different part of the country and thus have to get used to the south-central Texas climate and all it's allergens. Me, personally, I've lived all over this damn planet, and maybe due to that, or just good genetics, I don't really suffer much from allergies other than the occasional congestion.

Anyway, given the time for you, I'd offer honey for your morning tea. Me, I'll just finish off my last beer of the night while winding down my Amish honeymoon cruise story. ;)
I'm not sure what would be harder for me about moving to Texas - the new allergens or the stifling heat of summer.

Hey. What's the use of having... um... sway with the bar-staff if you can't use it to cheer up a mate once in a while...? :D

Besides, <adopts Cheryl Cole-style Geordie accent> it's becoz ya werth it... ;)

Chezza, BTW, comes from the same area in Newcastle where I was born: Heaton. Any resemblance between us is, I assure you, completely coincidental...

I've built a career out of being aberrant. It works for me... :)
Yes, I've heard about your being aberrant. ;) Now, purely because I'm interested in linguistic drift, how much has your Geordie accent changed over the years of living away?

Yes, I was wearing my jeans while cleaning. ;)

Good morning everyone. Is the coffee on? Warm, comfy beds make it really hard to get up and go to work. :D

Mmm, coffee. I was kept awake much of the night by... overactive snoring. *sigh*

Hayfever? I'd not heard that, but know that local honey works wonders with seasonal allergies.

I'm not sure what would be harder for me about moving to Texas - the new allergens or the stifling heat of summer.

Yes, I've heard about your being aberrant. ;) Now, purely because I'm interested in linguistic drift, how much has your Geordie accent changed over the years of living away?

It does work on hay fever, but you needtio find an apiary as close to home as possible for it to work at maximum efficacy...

As to Geordie drift, I lost a lot of my accent when we moved to the aptly-named Grimsby when I was around 7. After 2 years of kids saying, "Go on, say nYEW-carsul again... <snerk>" (as any fule kno, the correct pronunciation is "nyooCASS'l"...), I made sure blended in more. My aberrant streak hadn't emerged yet ;)

I haven't lived in Newcastle for over 20 years now, but every time I go back, my accent re-emerges. Just hearing it makes me feel at home.

Here's a taste of my beautiful dialect for those not familiar with it. Don't worry, it's not me... ;)

It does work on hay fever, but you needtio find an apiary as close to home as possible for it to work at maximum efficacy...

As to Geordie drift, I lost a lot of my accent when we moved to the aptly-named Grimsby when I was around 7. After 2 years of kids saying, "Go on, say nYEW-carsul again... <snerk>" (as any fule kno, the correct pronunciation is "nyooCASS'l"...), I made sure blended in more. My aberrant streak hadn't emerged yet ;)

I haven't lived in Newcastle for over 20 years now, but every time I go back, my accent re-emerges. Just hearing it makes me feel at home.

Here's a taste of my beautiful dialect for those not familiar with it. Don't worry, it's not me... ;)

Even for allergies, it's best to find an apiary within a 45-mile radius of home. According to a friend who grew up working at an apiary, bees gather within 45 miles of their hive.

Oh, kids can be nasty. Anyway, I was curious about your accent drifting because my fella is French and after having lived away from France for five years, his mother started commenting on his accent shifting. Now after fifteen years, his friends are commenting on how he's losing vocabulary.

Lovely song. Much better than linking to old interview with the Animals. ;)

Greetings, all,

My accent drifts wherever I want it to drift, but then I act. So it kind of has to sometimes.

But I do often go very North Kenton occasion

Even for allergies, it's best to find an apiary within a 45-mile radius of home. According to a friend who grew up working at an apiary, bees gather within 45 miles of their hive.

Oh, kids can be nasty. Anyway, I was curious about your accent drifting because my fella is French and after having lived away from France for five years, his mother started commenting on his accent shifting. Now after fifteen years, his friends are commenting on how he's losing vocabulary.

Lovely song. Much better than linking to old interview with the Animals. ;)

It is beautiful, isn't it? It's so rare nowadays to hear songs sung in dialect.

I'm a bit of a linguistic chameleon, probably the result of a life spent working in retail, so I have no problem slipping Geordie on like a comfy pair of jeans. The vocab thing us interesting, though. I've not encountered that sort of linguistic atrophy except in people who left their native country in childhood.

When I go to France, they always think I'm either German or Dutch, presumably because of the more guttural nature of the north east dialect...

Yes, I was wearing my jeans while cleaning. ;)

Good morning everyone. Is the coffee on? Warm, comfy beds make it really hard to get up and go to work. :D

Mmmmm that's good to know. I wouldn't like to be thinking of you cleaning without any jeans on .... Oh sorry, I drifted off for a moment there, like everyone's accents.

Hullo dahlinks, hullo Andy, how is the manflu?

Greetings, all,

My accent drifts wherever I want it to drift, but then I act. So it kind of has to sometimes.

But I do often go very North Kenton occasion
Good point on the acting. I'd like to pick up a few more accents, reliably, for my own acting.

It is beautiful, isn't it? It's so rare nowadays to hear songs sung in dialect.

I'm a bit of a linguistic chameleon, probably the result of a life spent working in retail, so I have no problem slipping Geordie on like a comfy pair of jeans. The vocab thing us interesting, though. I've not encountered that sort of linguistic atrophy except in people who left their native country in childhood.

When I go to France, they always think I'm either German or Dutch, presumably because of the more guttural nature of the north east dialect...
I'm going to remember that link and listen to them some more. :rose:

I think his linguistic atrophy comes from the fact that he uses English almost exclusively at work, then rarely speaks French with me.

My various language teachers always told me that I was really good at picking up accents. My first trip to France, I had shopkeepers convinced that I was Swiss. They knew I wasn't French because my accent was off just enough, but they were amazed when I copped to being from the US.

Good point on the acting. I'd like to pick up a few more accents, reliably, for my own acting.

I'm going to remember that link and listen to them some more. :rose:

I think his linguistic atrophy comes from the fact that he uses English almost exclusively at work, then rarely speaks French with me.

My various language teachers always told me that I was really good at picking up accents. My first trip to France, I had shopkeepers convinced that I was Swiss. They knew I wasn't French because my accent was off just enough, but they were amazed when I copped to being from the US.

Accent is a lot to do with not being too self-conscious. It's probably no coincidence you're a thrall, too...

Given the entente (dis)cordiale, I'm perfectly happy for them not to know I'm English... :D

Hello, Naked People. :)

Would you all mind keeping me company while I tackle cleaning the office? I swear there are more papers here everytime I come in.

Andy, if you are better, may I have one of those :kiss: too? I could really benefit from a few of those today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back