What's for dinner?

I'm having a banana. Lazy has completely taken over. Even peeling the thing seems like too much work.
 
How about a roast, with potatoes, and a salad. I can almost taste the horseradish sauce. Plus all that time in the oven gives us time for other things.

My husband is out running errands, but when he gets back I am going to send him to the grocery store.

Yummy

That sounds yummy indeed..... A recipe would be great!
 
Push that aside in the wide skillet and add the last D'Artagnan Andouille sausage, and Van de Camp's pork-n-beans. Cover and simmer. I love one-pot cooking.

Funny, I just finished my package of D'Artagnan Andouille sausage. I made some haphazard dirty rice to go with it. Really good stuff. Got it when I grabbed some moulard duck breasts during the recent poultry sale, which were also great.
 
We've had a couple of Those Days: Awaken too early, barely break the fast, drive awhile for a distant appointment, grab grub there, make the long drive back, collapse, and raid the fridge later. Light brecky-poo, midday dinner, and late snacks, that's the program.

[Brecky-poo: first meal of the day]

Yesterday was could-have-been-better Chinese with weak soup. Feh. Today was FINE! We gorged on the steak fajitas lunch at Casa Ramos, a family chain covering northern California. Perfect Jalisco cooking. Damn, if those were lunch portions, we'll have to split a dinner next time.
 
Funny, I just finished my package of D'Artagnan Andouille sausage. I made some haphazard dirty rice to go with it. Really good stuff.
We've been on a mission for years, on the hunt for the perfect wor-won-ton soup. We have a new mission: the perfect Andouille sausage. It will be an arduous search, I'm sure. How much of Louisiana must we crawl?
 
We've been on a mission for years, on the hunt for the perfect wor-won-ton soup. We have a new mission: the perfect Andouille sausage. It will be an arduous search, I'm sure. How much of Louisiana must we crawl?

Arduous, maybe. But I can think of worse things than doing a food crawl through Louisiana... I'm perpetually doing the same thing with scouting and rating every decent jerk chicken, only replace Louisiana with Brooklyn.
 
Quick oven baked turkey meatballs made with buffalo wing sauce and cheddar cheese, steamed broccoli with lemon and butter, and mashed sweet potato. It's amazing how one moderate sized sweet potato can provide enough for a family of three.
 
Gourmet fish fingers and hearty salad washed down by Mississippi Mud.
 
Mussels tonight. Saw these huge packs of fresh mussels when we zipped through shopping on the way home so we are going to have fresh mussels and tomato and basil sauce and pasta tonight, with garlic bread and salad.
 
Tried the Betty Crocker gluten free pizza crust mix. It was okay, a little too salty. Served with toss salad and ice cream sundaes for dessert.
 
The after-health-fair hot sandwiches we shared at the winery's deli, one chicken, one beef, were abfab, along with fresh hot thick perfect potato crisps. The big table in the spacious alcove was all ours; we gazed through tall glass at vast floral displays.

Not real hungry for a big supper just a few hours after that. Clam chowder and crackers will do. Pills and peanut butter for dessert, as usual.

Wine. Meatloaf.Wine. Salad. Wine
It's hard to beat the basics.
 
This past evening was Salmon steaks with green peppers, spinach, onions, celery, carrots, tomatoes, garlic, scotch bonnet peppers, fish seasoning- wrapped in aluminum foil and baked in the oven and served with white rice.
 
This past evening was Salmon steaks with green peppers, spinach, onions, celery, carrots, tomatoes, garlic, scotch bonnet peppers, fish seasoning- wrapped in aluminum foil and baked in the oven and served with white rice.

Fancy!
 
We must punch through snowbanks today to reach the local grocer for fresh milk. I'll grab another Dynasty stir-fry seasoning packet, too. Tonight it will flavor a slight variant of a previous meal: whatever flesh needs eating, stir-fried with garlic, shredded black fungi, water chestnuts, and any other loose vegs, poured over brown rice, lubed by a local strong chardonnay.
 
We must punch through snowbanks today to reach the local grocer for fresh milk. I'll grab another Dynasty stir-fry seasoning packet, too. Tonight it will flavor a slight variant of a previous meal: whatever flesh needs eating, stir-fried with garlic, shredded black fungi, water chestnuts, and any other loose vegs, poured over brown rice, lubed by a local strong chardonnay.

What state do you live in, where is there snow like that right now?
 
Back
Top