Bohemian Bar for Beta-Readers

Seeking Female Editor / Beta Reader

I am a Lit writer since 2013. I’m steady but not very prolific: 13 stories in 6 years, a few of them multi-chapter. I work mainly in Exhibitionist, Erotic Couplings, and Group categories, with some dabbling in Anal and light Mind Control. My stories all have sex and/or public nudity in them, but they’re more about _people_ having sex, if you see the distinction.

I have a male editor that I work well with, but I like getting the perspective of both genders before I post.

Other than the occasional typo, I don’t have many problems with grammar or spelling. Where help is useful to me is in overview: by the time I have wordsmithed a piece dozens of times, I may not notice places that are awkward or unexciting – I’ve read and re-read it so many times I’ve gotten used to the way it is. I won’t need you to fix them for me, but I’d like someone to mark sections with comments such as * doesn’t make sense, * awkward, * you already said this, * a real person would never think or act this way, * this behavior is out of character, or * dull.

Suggestions are not required but always welcome, from small to major, such as: * skip the niceties, * they’re mad at each other so they should rut, * she should disappear for a week and scare him.

I’d prefer to build a long-term working relationship with someone so I don’t have to explain all the above to someone new every time I have another story.

Anyone interested?
 
I am a Lit writer since 2013. I’m steady but not very prolific: 13 stories in 6 years, a few of them multi-chapter. I work mainly in Exhibitionist, Erotic Couplings, and Group categories, with some dabbling in Anal and light Mind Control. My stories all have sex and/or public nudity in them, but they’re more about _people_ having sex, if you see the distinction.

I have a male editor that I work well with, but I like getting the perspective of both genders before I post.

Other than the occasional typo, I don’t have many problems with grammar or spelling. Where help is useful to me is in overview: by the time I have wordsmithed a piece dozens of times, I may not notice places that are awkward or unexciting – I’ve read and re-read it so many times I’ve gotten used to the way it is. I won’t need you to fix them for me, but I’d like someone to mark sections with comments such as * doesn’t make sense, * awkward, * you already said this, * a real person would never think or act this way, * this behavior is out of character, or * dull.

Suggestions are not required but always welcome, from small to major, such as: * skip the niceties, * they’re mad at each other so they should rut, * she should disappear for a week and scare him.

I’d prefer to build a long-term working relationship with someone so I don’t have to explain all the above to someone new every time I have another story.

Anyone interested?
Not sure if you are still looking but i'd love to help with beta reading.
 
I am a Lit writer since 2013. I’m steady but not very prolific: 13 stories in 6 years, a few of them multi-chapter. I work mainly in Exhibitionist, Erotic Couplings, and Group categories, with some dabbling in Anal and light Mind Control. My stories all have sex and/or public nudity in them, but they’re more about _people_ having sex, if you see the distinction.

I have a male editor that I work well with, but I like getting the perspective of both genders before I post.

Other than the occasional typo, I don’t have many problems with grammar or spelling. Where help is useful to me is in overview: by the time I have wordsmithed a piece dozens of times, I may not notice places that are awkward or unexciting – I’ve read and re-read it so many times I’ve gotten used to the way it is. I won’t need you to fix them for me, but I’d like someone to mark sections with comments such as * doesn’t make sense, * awkward, * you already said this, * a real person would never think or act this way, * this behavior is out of character, or * dull.

Suggestions are not required but always welcome, from small to major, such as: * skip the niceties, * they’re mad at each other so they should rut, * she should disappear for a week and scare him.

I’d prefer to build a long-term working relationship with someone so I don’t have to explain all the above to someone new every time I have another story.

Anyone interested?

A link to your published stories would be helpful...
 
HI,

I'm looking for a beta reader. My preference is for someone who enjoys reading transgender/cross-dressing and interracial stories. My story is about a white trans guy and his ebony queen. I'm looking to elevate my writing but frankly feel a little stuck with the story. I assume that I need a fresh pair of eyes. I have had it edited by 1 volunteer editor on this site (and have made some changes since the edit) but now I think I need a beta reader. If your up for the challenge let me know.
 
Soliciting beta readers

Editing and posting some of my older stories here got me motivated enough to start something new. The standalone first part of "Plum Blossom" is now complete.

I'd appreciate some other eyes on it before I submit - it's too easy to overlook plot holes or technical errors.

Susan is a nice girl with some very kinky fetishes she tries to hide, but can't forget. Her husband Dave is better at ignoring his, but he has some too. What will happen when they learn each other's hidden kinks - and find out they're complementary?

Interracial (AF/WM), fetish, role-playing, exhibitionism, stripping, prostitution.

Currently at ~28,000 words (8 Literotica pages)
 
Require someone to help me punish my story

Dear Sir,

I require someone to help me polish my story as it has been rejected.

You can contact me on email

Reminder:

* No e-mail addresses allowed in posts ~ personal info prohibited per forum guidelines.

Cheers,
Sanjay
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Editing and posting some of my older stories here got me motivated enough to start something new. The standalone first part of "Plum Blossom" is now complete.

I'd appreciate some other eyes on it before I submit - it's too easy to overlook plot holes or technical errors.

Susan is a nice girl with some very kinky fetishes she tries to hide, but can't forget. Her husband Dave is better at ignoring his, but he has some too. What will happen when they learn each other's hidden kinks - and find out they're complementary?

Interracial (AF/WM), fetish, role-playing, exhibitionism, stripping, prostitution.

Currently at ~28,000 words (8 Literotica pages)
I'd be happy to beta read this series, it helps we work on my own skills.

Emmeran
 
Dear Sir,

I require someone to help me polish my story as it has been rejected.

You can contact me on email

Reminder:

* No e-mail addresses allowed in posts ~ personal info prohibited per forum guidelines.

Cheers,
Sanjay

Learning basic English is a requirement around here. Did you google translate this post? Your use of the word "require" sure does look like a machine translation.

And... Does your editor really has to be male? If not, why don't you come up with some other greeting.

Now, the main reason why nobody ever will respond with an.offer to what you are asking for -- there are no details! Subject matter? Size? Reason(s) for reflection?
 
Beta Readers Req'd. Offering Kindle and Audio of Completed Collection

Hello,

I'm seeking beta readers for a short story about wife sharing and public play. Beta readers will receive a free Kindle edition (immediately upon publication) of the multi-story collection and also the audio book version. The story is 6600 words. The story is one part of a multi-story collection that follows a couple's journey as they seek to fulfill their fantasies in the real world .

Okay, some info about me. I'm very organized and won't waste your time. I am simultaneously writing and setting up my online presence as an author. My website is under construction, the book cover is about half-completed, I have a narrator lined up for the audio book. I'm male and live in the Northeast U.S. and have always loved writing; people seem to think I tell a reasonably good story. This is my first foray into erotica, apart from numerous pieces I've written for the private enjoyment of my wife and me.


Prerequisites:

1/ You are at least 18 years of age

2/ You are aware that the text is sexually explicit, NSFW and not for those under 18 years of age.

3/ You enjoy wife-sharing stories

4/ You can read the manuscript within seven days of receipt and respond to the questions immediately upon finishing reading.

5/ You will honestly provide your age and gender

6/ You are aware that the manuscript is protected by copyright law

7/ You agree not to share the manuscript in any way, whether via private communication, on any social media platform, online forum or in any other way whatsoever.

8/ You are prepared to answer a questionnaire and rate various content. Some answers require at least one paragraph that explains your view/opinion. Some answers are simple yes or no answers. Answers should be completely natural and may include NSFW language. "I'm not sure", "I don't know" and "I don't have an opinion" are all valid answers; though obviously not as useful to me :)

9/ The questionnaire will be provided with the manuscript, so that you have a heads-up about the feedback I'm looking for.

10/ You might realize that the author (me) is not as cold as this post may seem! I just need to make sure people know what they're signing up for :)

If you meet the above criteria and wish to become a beta reader, please message me or reply here.

If you have any questions, please just ask.

I look forward to hearing from a bunch of interesting people!

Warm thanks,

David
 
Last edited:
Hello. I am a guy looking for a second set of eyes on a lesbian story i an working on.

Basic plot is a wife is spanked by her younger sister in law. She keeps thinking about it and ends up spanked again. That is about as far as i have gotten in my rough draft.
 
Seeking a Beta Reader

I’m working on the next chapters of my stories ‘Andi and the Camera Club’, and 'Andi and the Inspector’, and also a new story ‘Andi and the Unruly Class’.

My stories are mostly Exhibitionist in nature, and seem to have been reasonably well received so if you like the genre it shouldn't be too much of a hardship to read and critique.

The spelling, punctuation and grammar won't need much correction but will need checking, but mostly I'm looking for comments on how enjoyable, readable and credible the story is. Also length, pace, suspense, tension, humour (if any) and any other observations that might be helpful.

If you are interested in reading one of the drafts as a critical friend, please send me a PM.

My signature carries a link to stories already submitted. Sorry its been so long since I last wrote, but life came and got in the way.

Andi
 
Last edited:
Trade Beta-Reading Duties?

Hello! I have a story in progress that I am looking for a Beta-Reader for. It's a Sci-Fi Ensemble story with mostly female alien characters and a lot of, but not exclusively, lesbian sex.

Chapter 1 is a little over 15,000 words, and I've started Chapter 2. If someone interested in beta-reading for me also has a story, I would love to do a swap where I can beta-read for them as well.

I'm pretty confident that my grammar and spelling issues are few and far between, but I'd love someone to catch them for me. Mostly I'm looking for thoughts on how authenticity and immersion could be improved, as well as just general impressions of the story and the characters. I'm definitely not interested in a pat on the back, here. I know it's clunky in parts at best, but I'm also not expecting a beta-reader to just come in and fix it. I just want honest impressions. I hope that makes sense. :eek:

Please send me a PM if you're interested!
 
Looking for beta readers

(not looking anymore)
 
Last edited:
Beta-Readers - Novel's Opening Chapters

Hello everyone!

This thread can be a little slow at times, but I thought that I would try to find help here first.

I have already written and posted a series of full length erotica novels on another website. The original idea for that series actually started here on Lit, about thirteen years ago. The novels began with a series of short chapters, meant to explore the complicated relationships people can find themselves tangled up in.

They were fairly well received here, but then I decided to try and expand the storyline, into a true ‘world building” type of novel. It was posted on another website, and the two follow up full-length books did very well there, too.

The first book though, has always bothered me. It lacked the eventual style, and attention to detail, of the rest of the series. Also, the first half of the book only concentrated on the initial main characters. One of the women, from the first six chapters, turned out to be a fan favorite but has never made a reappearance.

I have a mainstream old school Sword & Sorcery trilogy in the works. But the original novel of the erotic series, that helped me learn so much, is mentally getting in the way. I feel that fixing the original, heavily patched together learning exercise, would actually help the new trilogy along.

So many writers cringe at their first books, and I certainly do! Other authors all seem to warn about the follies of trying to “Rescue” their original debuts. For the most part, I agree with that line of thinking, but it seems I am going to try and do it anyway?

I am not looking for true editing help, at least not yet.

Instead, I’d would like to find a few Pre-Readers to look over a few chapters at a time, before I post them here on Lit. Knowledge of the other follow-up novels is not required. If after someone starts reading the series, they want to read the other books, I will certainly tell them where they can be found.

That would be a tall order though, since there are well over a million words involved so far!

< < < < > > > >

Synopsis -

Keeley, a beautiful young redhead, finds herself trapped inextricably in a life she can no longer accept. College educated, shy, sensitive, and horribly damaged by her past, she thinks that no one can ever truly love her. Lured into dancing at a strip club, by her original childhood boyfriend, she no longer sees a way out of the abusive relationship. Worse, she allows him to constantly reinforce her self-defeating thoughts. That she isn’t worthy of anyone, or anything, better than what she can barely still hold onto. She stumbles into a man that might prove different that anyone else she has ever met. But Keeley worries that she is jinxed, and will only end up hurting him as well. He has also been horrifically damaged by his own past, yet seems to be able to heal the same kinds of pain in others. Keeley gets to witness his kindness and skill, firsthand, but soon realizes that he is either unwilling or unable to do that for himself.

< < < < > > > >

I have about eighty Lit pages worth of the re-re-draft in the final stages of major editing.

The entire series has one pivotal character, ten other major characters, and maybe forty more fully realized supporting actors in the cast. This rewrite is a chance to introduce many of them early, and start their contributions to the plot much sooner than they do in the other novels.

As far as genre goes?

Very early on, I decided to write in every allowable category, and let the characters themselves decide upon the action. Trying to build as real of a world as I can, the actors are spread out all across the main city, and vary in age, sex, pasts, wealth and interests.

If I was forced to put numbers on it?

Let’s say that 45% is MF, 30% is slanted Bi, 20% is FF and the last 5% is MM.

As far as categories used goes? That’s a lot harder for me to accurately express. In general, it is easier to say the series is mostly about:

- Damaged people finding the strength and courage to heal.
- Learning to accept the mistakes they have made in their past.
- Trying to forgive the damage that was inflicted upon them by others, either by chance or deliberately.

Overall, the idea of Power and Responsibility pervades everything.

Learning to use it, give it up, and putting it to the best use possible. There are no true villains or heroes. No true victims or oppressors. Some characters had firm initial sketches of them all laid out, but ALL of the actors have grown beyond their original intent, and now I am just here to tell their stories the best way I can.

So in no particular order of importance, with a slight nod to occurrence?

- BDSM, and it’s tricky rules and misconceptions, plays a huge part in the initial scenes.

- Fetishism, and it’s unique hold on the characters, is heavily featured.

- Bisexuality, and most of society’s notion that it is taboo or simply a confused intermediate state, is always there lurking in the background.

- Exhibitionism, from mainly the strip club world of Dancers (with a nod to Dogging and Degenerates) happens often enough. But it’s main presence is to demonstrate the thrill or worry of doing something in the wrong place, and the possibility of getting either caught or recognized later.

- Voyeurism, since most of the characters like to watch, plays heavily. Often, its a minor character stumbling upon an important scene, and having it told from their viewpoint.

- Romance, does occur quite a bit. Or almost constantly, depending on your definition of that genre. Characters do get to come to know each other, intimately, and try to learn how to please their partners. On all levels. That, at least in my book, is a truer view of real relationships.

- Interracial, is acknowledged, and even a main focus a few times. But the general rule always applies, when it’s there, it is because that is what the characters involved are into.

- Cuckoldry/Cheating/Hotwife is a complicated issue through out. Some marriages do it openly. Others let their spouses do it, only as long as they never have to read about it in the society column. If one partner has totally lost their drive for sex, often the less they know about it, the happier the rest of their lives are.

- Reluctance/Non-Consent, influences so many of the main characters, but usually only from their past memories. The ‘threat’ of such things happening is presented. Rough sex is actually built into some character’s kinks, so it occurs quite often, but always with it’s accompanying consequences when it gets out of hand.

Taking into account what I just wrote above, what is NOT graphically portrayed is easier to state.

> > > > No child porn, underage sex, murder, rape, scat, or truly forced/blackmailed sex. < < < <

That being said, some of the characters have endured such things. Those subjects might be carefully referenced, or obliquely alluded to, but only when it is necessary. Such things are not glorified or explicitly retold in any way. I don’t like ‘tricky’ prose that allows the reader to get off about forbidden subjects, with only a single sentence at the end making dozens of pages allowable. It is an out and out cheat, finally calling it all a dream, fantasy or a nightmare.

One of my characters is clinically insane though, and their reliving of their ‘feelings’ from their childhood trauma, is as close as I get. The fetishes some actors like, can get uncomfortable for some readers sometimes.

I personally don’t like humiliation, shame, abuse, torture, incest, defeated, demoralized, hopeless or helpless stories. The world already has enough of that sort of thing! How the people left behind to pick up and rebuild their shattered lives, after such acts, is what I’d rather focus my stories on.

< < < < > > > >

I do intend to completely rewrite the entire first novel and post it here on Lit this time, so I would prefer to work with the same small group of Pre-Readers. But there isn’t going to be any obligations forced on either the readers or me as a writer. Real life is on hold for me, so I have an unexpected amount of time to devote to writing again. That could change at any moment, if things either get better, or worse for me.

All I ask from Pre-readers is for them to make a few comments to questions like:

- How did the new chapter make you feel?
- Did anything I did, as a writer, take you out of the moment?
- Were you surprised, in either a good or bad way, about what a character did or how they reacted?
- Did something disappoint, disgust or disturb you to the point you wanted to stop reading?
- Was there something covered twice, so from an editor’s standpoint, you feel it should be removed?
- Did you as a reader, really like something, and you wished the scene had been extended?
- Do you see common mistakes, or repeated errors, that I should pay closer attention to in the future?
- Would you be willing to look up the final posted version and vote favorably for it?
- Do you want to be included for the next advanced version of a chapter?

< < < < > > > >

If after reading all that, you STILL want to be my Pre-Reader?

Frankly, I am amazed!

Send me a PM, and I will give you my author’s email. Then I’ll send you a test PDF. No one else will know that you are a Pre-Reader. I will not send out mass emails, or reveal your contact information to anyone else. I will not ask you, or encourage you, to talk with the other helpers should you run across one. I’ll send you an advanced warning a few days before a new PDF will be available. Just reply to that email, if you still want to pre-read the next chapter. If you don’t reply, it won’t be sent.

I am about two weeks out from sending the first PDF.

Generally, I like to give everyone a full week to read and think about a chapter. Any chance to comment should occur within ten days of your receiving the PDF. I can’t promise that any changes will or can occur. Two other novels are already out there, and this reforging of the original book has to keep that fact firmly in mind.

I tend to shy away from giving credit within the upload itself. If you want your efforts to be known, just clearly state so. I’ll gladly add your screen nic to the bio part of my writer’s account. If you ever want your name taken down at a later date, I will gladly do so.

I know how much the help of Pre-Readers has meant to me over the past thirteen years, so I will always try to be courteous and respectful of your time.

Thanks!

Sextified
 
Last edited:
Newbie would appreciate feedback on her first piece

Hi all,

I have a 4000-word text that I would like looked at, just to tell me if I am going in the right direction, what's good and what's not, etc...

Thank you!

C.
 
Hi all,

I have a 4000-word text that I would like looked at, just to tell me if I am going in the right direction, what's good and what's not, etc...

Thank you!

C.
It would help if you gave some idea of the themes you write about. Not everybody here is into every possible kink, you know.
 
I could help...

Hello. I am a guy looking for a second set of eyes on a lesbian story i an working on.

Basic plot is a wife is spanked by her younger sister in law. She keeps thinking about it and ends up spanked again. That is about as far as i have gotten in my rough draft.

Hey there!

What's your word count? Are you still working on it?

I like the genre, although not the violence, but I'm willing to help, if it's not that long of a story!

I'm no native, but I could highlight something about it as an amateur.

Looking for help to my work as well, if you wanna exchange stories. Mine is a porn-horror middle/long-length story (5 pages? Maybe 6...). Features rape and body swapping and I'm trying to meet end of this month's deadline to enter the challenge.

Waiting for your answer! C ya!
 
Betta readers for a FFM first time story.

I'm looking for betta readers for a short first time story that involves FFM. Just under 5k words.
This will be my first story on LiteE.
 
Need beta reader for Prologue and Ch1 of Island Life

Hi all

I've started my first attempt at writing fiction in over thirty years. Have been mostly doing corporate and academic writing in that time. I have a coming of age story about a young man taking the journey from isolated abuse survivor to leader of his peers. It includes intrigue, romance and a little action. I'm looking for a beta reader who can give me feedback on characters and pacing. Also, where you think the plot might be headed.

If you're interested I'd be happy to send you a copy of the prologue (8k) and first chapter (14k).

Kind regards

Fox

-----
 
Hi :)

Non - native English speaker here. I will gladly look at your story and offer my opinion, if you are so kind to look at my story (4500 words, fetish /bdsm /romance). It would be my second story on Lit.

Not willing to read about trans or incest, rape or gore. I prefer stories no longer than 10k words.
 
Hi! I'm looking for a beta reader (or two, or three!) who would be open to helping me with my writing. I currently have two works that I need help with. One is in the midst of being written / posted, and the other is an unwritten series that I would like to write based on one of my existing short stories.

Both contain non-con / dub-con elements; although, I eventually intend to work some romance in as the story progresses.

+

1. Chinese Lantern Bride series

This series is based on a young woman who finds herself in a situation where she has to become a mail order bride to a widower. They don't get along at first, but their relationship improves over time. It's a Western setting (that I'm admittedly not very good at portraying; this was written based on a writing prompt, and I was looking to challenge myself.)

I'd like someone who is willing to read through my existing chapters to get an idea of what's been happening thus far. Going forward, I'd love it if you could read future chapters for me and provide some light feedback before I submit it.

Links
Chapter 1 | 5.7k words
https://www.literotica.com/s/the-chinese-lantern-bride-ch-01
Chapter 2 | 6.5k words
https://www.literotica.com/s/the-chinese-lantern-bride-ch-02
Chapter 3 | 7k words
https://www.literotica.com/s/the-chinese-lantern-bride-ch-03

2. Fantasy series based on my short story, "Wicked Games"

This is a fantasy series that will feature a greater demon (male), a succubus and a mortal woman as the main characters. There will be girl on girl action, straight sex, and eventually a threesome. While it starts off non-consensual, I would like it to eventually have romantic elements.

I originally wrote this for a friend's birthday, where she is in the position of the mortal woman. Basically, it started as a "Oh, I wrote some smut, lemme post it" kind of situation, but now I actually want to give the premise a shot and see if I can create something more substantial out of this.

What I'd like from a beta reader would be to read my original short story, and see if there's something there worth exploring.

If it does become something, I'd love to offer previews of my working drafts / sneak peeks of completed chapters to receive feedback on.

Link
Wicked Games | 6.1k words
https://www.literotica.com/s/wicked-games-4

+

I would be happy to be a beta reader in return for you, and / or give you naming privileges for a character in my future story.

If you're interested, please reach out via PM! Thank you!
 
Beta Reader/feedback needed

I’m working on the third chapter of a story between two neighbors - it begins as nonconsent (nonviolent) but becomes CNC as we get into the 3rd chapter. The basic storyline: Ben is obsessive compulsive hermit who is on the autism spectrum; he becomes fixated on his new neighbor, Cassie, who battles an anxiety disorder. He breaks into her house and forces her, but she is into it and finds that it is a form of exposure therapy (simulating the effects of anxiety in controlled situations to lessen one’s fear of them).

In the third chapter, Cassie shares her theory about the exposure therapy with Ben and initiates a meeting to try to recreate a similar situation. He tells her to meet him in the park after midnight, and she does.

I’m having trouble finishing the chapter and I’d love another set of eyes on it or even someone to think through the ending. I’m not looking for proofreading or anything like that. Here’s the link to the first chapter story if you want to peep that first.

https://literotica.com/s/neighbors-ch-01-11

Thank you for considering!:rose:
 
Last edited:
Request beta readers for VY: A Beginning And An End

Hello everyone. You can call me LongDraw, Long or LD. I have been writing a story titled VY: A Beginning And An End, of which Chapter 00 - Chapter 03 are currently published on Lit. I am requesting beta readers to thoroughly evaluate the piece and follow up with constructive feedback that will enable me to better capture my target very broad audience. The first four chapters that are published are 10.6k words.

VY is the story of the main character Braedon who is one of about 2,000 unlucky men to survive a global viral pandemic targeting only males. I dont want to spoil any surprises by telling much more for now.

VY is premised primarily on Loving Wives with elements of incest, taboo, group sex, gangbang, big tits, mature sex, impregnation/breeding, erotic couplings, lesbian encounters and voyuerism. There is also scifi/fantasy elements as the narrative evolves. The entire work is fiction, but integrates real world facts, medicine, and places as well as people, though it is likely to not be clearly evident, by design. There is one scene where the sex goes from consensual, to non-consensual before converting back again.

You can simply click the link for VY in my signature to be brought to the first published chapters. It is my hope that I will be submitting VY chapters 04-07 this week, schedules permitting, at which point I will seek more beta reading.

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
I have a start on a story and could use some feedback. It includes a section that can be read aloud by a male Dom and acted upon by His female sub.
At this point it is under 3k words. Having lost my last sub to illness I need help testing what I have to know if I need a lot more or just a little.
 
I have a start on a story and could use some feedback. It includes a section that can be read aloud by a male Dom and acted upon by His female sub.
At this point it is under 3k words. Having lost my last sub to illness I need help testing what I have to know if I need a lot more or just a little.
It is basically masturbation instructions.
 
Back
Top