The China Pearl Inn part 10

I smile as an old friend enters the Inn it seems like a very long time sense Dogoda has come bye.

I see the sailor is home from the sea Dogoda. I you had calm seas and a following wind.

I pour the sailor an IPA and myself a porter before putting another log on the fire.

Looks like we are in for some stormy weather, defiantly a day to snug up to the fire, enjoy a convivial drink or two and perhaps a few hair raising sea stories.

Kama I see you are up and about and your red panda is climbing the rafters.

Hi Gang, welcome back Sailor!

Tomorrow is gonna be hard - Rick’s last full day before deployment. O God this is so very difficult. What I’m saying is - I won’t be on for a couple of days. Hope I don’t miss Shiva, if she comes say ‘hi’.

I salute CG and fade into the harsh real world.

I smile as an old friend enters the Inn it seems like a very long time sense Dogoda has come bye.

I see the sailor is home from the sea Dogoda. I you had calm seas and a following wind.

I pour the sailor an IPA and myself a porter before putting another log on the fire.

Looks like we are in for some stormy weather, defiantly a day to snug up to the fire, enjoy a convivial drink or two and perhaps a few hair raising sea stories.

Kama I see you are up and about and your red panda is climbing the rafters.

Aye, it was an early day for me. Had to be present at work for some repairs to the store. Joy of the managers life.

Awe you can have the land locked life of a manager Kama old friend but I'll take the roughish life of a sailor lad. Awe yes adventure on the high seas, foreign ports, lovely lasses and exotic dancing girls. :p

Awe you can have the land locked life of a manager Kama old friend but I'll take the roughish life of a sailor lad. Awe yes adventure on the high seas, foreign ports, lovely lasses and exotic dancing girls. :p

Hehehe, I'll take my mountains, but you ever want to teach someone to sail hit me up, always wanted to hit the ocean on a good ship. Also we have lovely lasses, they just are related to me :D

Hehehe, I'll take my mountains, but you ever want to teach someone to sail hit me up, always wanted to hit the ocean on a good ship. Also we have lovely lasses, they just are related to me :D

I like watching sailboats, but they turn over to easily for my liking since I don't swim. A bazillion years ago I considered living on a houseboat. I always wanted to take a paddle boat up or down the Mississippi River. I would love to take a cruise to Alaska. But I have no desire to spend months at sea.

I like watching sailboats, but they turn over to easily for my liking since I don't swim. A bazillion years ago I considered living on a houseboat. I always wanted to take a paddle boat up or down the Mississippi River. I would love to take a cruise to Alaska. But I have no desire to spend months at sea.

I can relate, I really can can't swim a lick. I thought it would be fun to take a long cruise up. But I crave that sense of exploration, seeing parts of the world that most don't you know? I wouldn't mind a few trips across the ocean, maybe not months but I could do weeks.

S F there are cruises out of Seattle and Vancouver BC up to southeast Alaska that are about a week to two weeks long. Any good travel Agent should be able to give you the details.

Kama If you want to explore travel the path less taken than a passenger booking on a freighter might be up your alley. A good travel agent is your best bet for setting the out bound and inbound voyages.

Now as knowing how to swim...…….It was considered an ill omen if a sailor knew how to swim as it meant he did not trust the ship or his shipmates. ;)

Knickers and bras everywhere, but things are in order. CG I’ve made a start with my reply but I can’t keep my eyes open, I’m Jacobed. Give it another go after manoeuvres tomorrow.

S F there are cruises out of Seattle and Vancouver BC up to southeast Alaska that are about a week to two weeks long. Any good travel Agent should be able to give you the details.

Kama If you want to explore travel the path less taken than a passenger booking on a freighter might be up your alley. A good travel agent is your best bet for setting the out bound and inbound voyages.

Now as knowing how to swim...…….It was considered an ill omen if a sailor knew how to swim as it meant he did not trust the ship or his shipmates. ;)

I have been looking at the cruises for about thirty years. :) At first I couldn't afford it, now I am concerned about the size of the ships and mobility. I have looked at smaller ships but they often involve stairs and no elevator. I think that life will be easier once I am off the walker and into a wheelchair. Not that I want to rush that because it will mean that my health will have gotten worse, but those electric chairs look pretty darn good at times. :)

Yeah, but those non-swimming sailors weren't on little sailboats. I can handle large boats, I just don't want to be dumped in the water. :)

I can relate, I really can can't swim a lick. I thought it would be fun to take a long cruise up. But I crave that sense of exploration, seeing parts of the world that most don't you know? I wouldn't mind a few trips across the ocean, maybe not months but I could do weeks.

I want to look at things, days or weeks of nothing but water would not be my cup of tea. I want to see land. :) Although it would be cool to see some of those deep ocean animals.

I used to considered doing a work charter on a cargo ship, just to see the world a bit. But life took me in other directions for now, but to be fair, I'm in better shape to do that work than I used to be!

I want to look at things, days or weeks of nothing but water would not be my cup of tea. I want to see land. :) Although it would be cool to see some of those deep ocean animals.

I went to GA just to see the whale sharks, I'd love to see some the seas more reclusive wildlife. The land is amazing, you should come down to VA. I'll show you a few places that hardly ever feel the human touch.

Ahhhh…...Seattle ! Lovely weather this time of year. Rain. Followed by misty rain. Snow in the coming AM. Will make for a fun drive to Everett !! LOL WHEEEeeee!

The fire has worked it's magic. The comfort of large leather chair and a chilled IPA brought me to the land of misty dreams. Wandering through a fog. Watched. Through the mist there is a faint welcoming glow, calling me. Watched. A smile through the haze. Watching. I realize that I'm half dreaming , yet, fully aware. Watched, I smile.

I used to considered doing a work charter on a cargo ship, just to see the world a bit. But life took me in other directions for now, but to be fair, I'm in better shape to do that work than I used to be!

I went to GA just to see the whale sharks, I'd love to see some the seas more reclusive wildlife. The land is amazing, you should come down to VA. I'll show you a few places that hardly ever feel the human touch.

I have driven from West Virginia to North Carolina by cutting through Virginia. I have flown into Pittsburgh and Raleigh. The first time I flew from Charleston to Atlanta to switch planes, I was amazed. I had read about and taught about the Piedmont but that was my first time seeing it. Trees in the southwest grow further apart because of the lack of water. So to see trees so packed tightly was impressive. The first time I drove on top of the Appalachians was really fun. I was on top of the world and could see forever into the distance. Driving in West Virginia cracked me up as there were deer everywhere along the highway just standing there watching drivers go by.

Ahhhh…...Seattle ! Lovely weather this time of year. Rain. Followed by misty rain. Snow in the coming AM. Will make for a fun drive to Everett !! LOL WHEEEeeee!

I couldn't live in Seattle, although it is very pretty, but my joints would just fall apart completely in all that humidity. We are supposed to have a few hours of no snow and then the biggest storm this season is supposed to hit tomorrow night and Thursday. I am really tired of being cold. I want some sixty and seventy weather, but not eighty or ninety. I am not ready for THAT yet.

I watch my old friend warm his bones by the fire. As I watch I think of all my old friends that are no longer here. A sigh for that is the nature of Lit and the old China Pearl Inn, a place to rest create and enjoy each others’ company and saucy writing, their need fulfilled they move on.
His eyes closed lost in his own thought a place an IPA by him.

Aye the fire is relaxing and perhaps a bit hypnotizing Dogoda as the flames and embers dance before our eyes and memories. So where have you been sense you last paid us a visit?

S F you hate the cold of winter and the heat of summer I fear it only leave you a small slice of spring and fall.

I'm on a bit of a Lit break again. Life is up and down at this time of year. The easiest way to get a hold of me will forever be on discord. PM me for my username. *hugs to everyone*

Knickers and bras everywhere, but things are in order. CG I’ve made a start with my reply but I can’t keep my eyes open, I’m Jacobed. Give it another go after manoeuvres tomorrow.

Knickers and bras every where Robyn! :eek:

Yummm and the young ladies that once wore them are now in all their naked glory Robyn. :p :p :p :devil:ish :D

I watch my old friend warm his bones by the fire. As I watch I think of all my old friends that are no longer here. A sigh for that is the nature of Lit and the old China Pearl Inn, a place to rest create and enjoy each others’ company and saucy writing, their need fulfilled they move on.
His eyes closed lost in his own thought a place an IPA by him.

Aye the fire is relaxing and perhaps a bit hypnotizing Dogoda as the flames and embers dance before our eyes and memories. So where have you been sense you last paid us a visit?

S F you hate the cold of winter and the heat of summer I fear it only leave you a small slice of spring and fall.

I don't hate the cold, I prefer it to the summer heat. I am just tired of being cold. I want to open the windows and smell fresh air. I want my back to warm up so I can lift my foot high enough to get into the car and go take out the trash and pick up the mail. I think maybe after a month of being in the house that I am just wanting to see if the rest of the world is still out there. Even hermits living in cabins get tired of the same four walls. :)

Hi Shiva. Glad you had a moment to stop by. :)

A little cabin fever S F?

Well I can tell you the world is still here merrily going to hell in a hand basket. Your cabin I think is a much better place.;)

A little cabin fever S F?

Well I can tell you the world is still here merrily going to hell in a hand basket. Your cabin I think is a much better place.;)

You could be right. I just stepped outside for a minute and, holy cow, it is cold out there! Stepped inside and immediate turned down the heat because it was too hot in here. LOL

We finally got grocery delivery to my little corner of the world so I thought I would give it a try. I loved having it when I lived in CA, we shall see how this goes here. Supposed to be a huge storm tonight, so I figured I better stock up on milk. You can never have enough milk!!

Well that was simple. I now have a full fridge, freezer and pantry. It is interesting, in CA the shopping and delivery all came from a warehouse not the store, here the people actually shop the grocery store. Apparently it was packed because everyone is stocking up for tonight.

All right, big storm, come ahead and do your thing. :D

Very good S F the larder is full and your ready for mother nature's worst. ;)

Now I do have to admit that the modern world at times confuses me. When I was a kid a major snow storm was 18" and a howling gale. Now it seems a Major snow storm is 3 to 6 inches of snow. I blame it all on the twenty four hour news channels that do not have enough news to report and the fact we seem to want everything now and have no patience to slow down. :rolleyes:

Very good S F the larder is full and your ready for mother nature's worst. ;)

Now I do have to admit that the modern world at times confuses me. When I was a kid a major snow storm was 18" and a howling gale. Now it seems a Major snow storm is 3 to 6 inches of snow. I blame it all on the twenty four hour news channels that do not have enough news to report and the fact we seem to want everything now and have no patience to slow down. :rolleyes:

I think it depends on where you live. 3-4 inches is the most I have seen here at one time since I got here three winters ago. I don't consider that a major storm. Usually if we get that much it falls over a couple of hours and two to three days later it has melted away. We had a couple of inches fall Sunday night and there is still quite a bit on the ground in places.

Oh, I just looked at the weather sites. We have been updated from a prediction of 6-9 inches to 1-2 feet. It is supposed to snow continuously between tonight until Friday afternoon. For us, that is a major storm. Who knows how long that will take to melt off. I haven't seen that much since I lived in Flagstaff. If we do get a foot of snow, I can't imagine what Flagstaff will get. Those extra two thousand feet in altitude make a huge difference in snow fall.

For us to get all this water must mean southern CA has turned into a river. :eek:

But I do agree the weather people get a little over excited. :)

Robyn I like your writing, I took a quick jaunt down you history lol. We all have styles and such, mine and Cait's just seem to match almost perfectly. I think we both kinda have an idea of what the other will post at this point, it helps keep the story flowing. But I could still use a few grammar lessons :D

*shimmers in and sits on her favorite rafter as Shifu locates her and jumps into her lap*

Good Evening folks.

Kama you're just fine. I don't judge people and I certainly don't judge someone because of their grammar. In other words, I like you just the way you are.

*pets Shifu as she speaks*

Freakin' snow! I swear, if tomorrow or this weekend looks anything like it did this morning, regardless of how many points I have, I will not go to work, risking my life to get there. It was insane. It cost the company more to open today than the number of customers I took care of. I took care of, maybe, 5 people all day.

I'm sorry. I'm grouching. I should probably be doing that in my own channel. My humblest apologies, CG. I hope everyone is doing well.

Kama, I'm going to try to write tonight but don't expect anything. I'm just exhausted for some reason. Shifu? You want to go with me? We'll curl up in the Mansion in front of the fire. Then you can come sleep with me too, if you like.

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening. I'll try to pop in sometime tomorrow. Sleep well. Best wishes and if any of you have any part of this storm or the next one coming, be safe. :rose:

Back