Beyond Star City: The Heroes in the Shadows of Tomorrow OOC

Hey, Aussie, I love the Blue Devil bio!

I've never thought he gets enough love.

Would you mind if Black Alice steals his powers briefly at some point? If you do mind, that's absolutely totally cool, her abilities are largely random so it just won't happen to him. If you don't mind, that could lead to some fun possibilities!

Go right ahead Chas. Actually it would be easier now for her to steal his powers as he is now a fully fledged Devil, However that could make it harder as well. Hmm a quandary LOL. Can she take powers from deities. However I don't really mind so go ahead.

LOL
 
Go right ahead Chas. Actually it would be easier now for her to steal his powers as he is now a fully fledged Devil, However that could make it harder as well. Hmm a quandary LOL. Can she take powers from deities. However I don't really mind so go ahead.

LOL

She can take powers from deities, absolutely. In the comics, she briefly harnessed The Spectre at his most wrathful.

But the more powerful a mage-type is, the shorter the time she gets their powerset. She didn't get a foothold in The Spectre for long. With a god-- or a devil-- she'd only get a few minutes, tops.

Thank you for being willing to play along! It's certainly not required but I'm Hella grateful.
 
Play along with you..Oh you bet, any time you wish my dear (lol)

I am just wondering if perhaps Deadman would also be a good fit for this thread. Although would he be regular possessing Deadman or White Lantern Deadman.
 
Play along with you..Oh you bet, any time you wish my dear (lol)

I am just wondering if perhaps Deadman would also be a good fit for this thread. Although would he be regular possessing Deadman or White Lantern Deadman.

That could be fun!

I love me some Boston Brand.

"Famous last words! Mine were, 'hey, is it just me or does it look like that guy with that hook for a hand has a gun?'"

Also he could have debates with Frank Craft as to the nature (and gendered pronoun) of God!
 
So "iZombie" made some DC Comics references in last week's episode, but I think we're still good to keep it in this continuity. XD

Liv claimed, intentional hyperbole and wit, that she could take out Batman with a spiral-bound notebook. Which, hey, that's cool, in 2015 in this thread's history, Batman was already an urban legend, she could namedrop him.

Elsewhere in the episode, Ravi suggested "Starfire" was a nickname that Liv had tried to appropriate when they were trying to fast-talk some guys, which is a little problematic because if there is a Koriand'r in this timeline she wouldn't have been operating publicly in 2015, as The Titans haven't become a thing yet. However, it's been established in "The Flash" that Barry read Space Ghost comics as a kid, so unrelated space-based superheroes are fair game for pop-culture riffs.

And it turns out there was an unrelated space-based Starfire.

Hell, if Liv met Kori early in her career, she could even have suggested the name!
 
Damn going to have to do some net downloading or watching. No Constantine or IZombie down in Aus yet. Just glad we Have Flash and Arrow.
 
iZombie is only five episodes in, so I'm not surprised it hasn't trickled Downunder yet. But no Constantine?

That bothers me. No wonder they think it's not getting enough viewers if they're not releasing it in enough markets!

When you can, watch both of them! They're awesome!
 
Will do. Yeah we are so far behind we are only just getting things like Netflix, Stan, and Presto. Online streaming movies and TV are finally coming to Australia, Yay. For years we have only had One pay TV network and sure we got a few good American shows but if you waited a few months they normally appeared on regular TV.
 
You have the entire natural world out to kill you down there, and you don't even get good TV out of the bargain?

Maybe you guys should let Lex Luthor take over after all, he'll at least upgrade your tech.
 
That's okay, we'll keep it at The North Pole this continuity.

...unless we wanna go Doc Savage old school and hide it in The Chrysler Building.
 
By "this continuity," I was being playfully figurative-- in whatever imaginary Elseworld Lex gets Oz as a playground and kicks their wi-fi up a notch.

But yeah, in my head, I think it's in The Arctic in this RP.

Saves room for Z'onn Z'orr to be in Antarctica.
 
Will do. Yeah we are so far behind we are only just getting things like Netflix, Stan, and Presto. Online streaming movies and TV are finally coming to Australia, Yay. For years we have only had One pay TV network and sure we got a few good American shows but if you waited a few months they normally appeared on regular TV.

I don't know if this link is region-specific, Aussie, but right now for a limited time you can watch all of "Constantine" here: http://www.nbc.com/constantine/episodes
 
Thanks for the link Nicollette but wouldn't you know it, not available in my region :(.

Always the way. Just don't see why there are still regions on the net. We have Pal you have NTSC its stupid.
 
Thanks for the link Nicollette but wouldn't you know it, not available in my region :(.

Always the way. Just don't see why there are still regions on the net. We have Pal you have NTSC its stupid.

I think it has to do with encroaching on local corporate interests, and copyright law. But it's The Internet, information should flow freely! And if they need to jump hurdles to get more viewers, they should, instead of complaining that they don't have enough viewers!
 
I think it has to do with encroaching on local corporate interests, and copyright law. But it's The Internet, information should flow freely! And if they need to jump hurdles to get more viewers, they should, instead of complaining that they don't have enough viewers!

Yeah I never understand that about the internet. Why they still have regions is beyond me. If they put it online to be watched then make it available to all regions so everyone can enjoy it dammit. :(
 
Yeah I never understand that about the internet. Why they still have regions is beyond me. If they put it online to be watched then make it available to all regions so everyone can enjoy it dammit. :(

Agreed, and wholeheartedly.
 
So just a quick question but does anyone know when this is turning into an IC or is it still in development stage?
 
I was waiting to get a decent amount of interest before I launched the IC Thread. But I think we are pretty much good now. Will be trying to get it off the ground this week.
 
I AM EXCITE

Ravi Chakrabarti has a theory that Utopium combined with something in energy drink Max Rager to cause zombification AND I HAD THAT THEORY TOO

Also it looks like the "Weather Wizard" Mardon brothers have a cousin out in Seattle.
 
I have tonight and tomorrow off and the plan is to get this ic up between the two.
 
kamen-rider-drive.jpg
THISFILEHASNOSUBS-Kamen-Rider-Drive-16-A7A2062E_002_19863-695x391.png


Name: Leon Tomari

Alias: Kamen Rider Drive, Drive

Base of Operations:

Alignment: Good

Affiliations: Special Crimes Division, Kamen Riders

Family/Friends: Parents deceased, Grandfather Shinnoske and Grandmother Kirirko live in Tokyo.

Bio: Leon is an American-Born Japanese in Gotham. He lost his parents when he was five, was raised by his grandparents briefly in Gotham then moved to Tokyo. He comes from a long ling of police officers. (The rest is WIP)

Gear:
Drive Driver - A device worn on Leon's belt, in conjunction with the Shift Brace allows Leon to transform into Drive.
Shift Brace - A device worn on the wrist it allows Leon to access the powers held in the Shift Cars. By pressing the button on the brace and 'shifting' the car in it he is able to execute various abilities depending on which Shift Car he is using.
Shift Cars - Around 12 Matchbox-looking cars that hold amazing powers in each of them. Four Cars allow Drive to change his Type; Speed, Wild, Technic, and Formula.

Abilities:
Leon travels the city with the car Tridoron. Having three modes, Tridoron provides Kamen Rider Drive with Shift Cars, as well as the Handle-Sword and the Door-Gun that can unleash strong "Full Throttle" attacks when combined with the Shift Cars. Drive uses a Shift Car in conjunction with the Drive Driver and the Shift Brace to transform into alternate forms (known as "Types") or perform Tire Exchanges at his disposal.

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities: He is human.
 
Back
Top