Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 07-02-2018, 08:22 PM   #1
Greenpeaness
Virgin
 
Greenpeaness is offline
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
Story suggestions for my wife..I want to introduce her to erotica.

I'm looking for some story suggestions that would be good for a first-time reader. I'm hoping she can find the same enjoyment I do from great stories posted here.
Nothing you would find behind a book cover featuring Fabio, but not so far on the other side that it only appeals to 1% of the population.
A woman's opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2018, 08:50 PM   #2
Miles Long
Fuck victoriously!
 
Miles Long's Avatar
 
Miles Long is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: City of Big Shoulders
Posts: 19,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpeaness View Post
I'm looking for some story suggestions that would be good for a first-time reader. I'm hoping she can find the same enjoyment I do from great stories posted here.
Nothing you would find behind a book cover featuring Fabio, but not so far on the other side that it only appeals to 1% of the population.
A woman's opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
You mean first time reader of erotica, right? Not like first time reader in general.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #3
Greenpeaness
Virgin
 
Greenpeaness is offline
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
You mean first time reader of erotica, right? Not like first time reader in general.
Do I seriously have to clarify that?
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2018, 09:59 PM   #4
ReadyOne
Ready to Rock!
 
ReadyOne's Avatar
 
ReadyOne is offline
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,918
You'll have to figure out what she wants (what she will respond to) before we can make any suggestions. How freely does she share her fantasies with you?

Start at https://tags.literotica.com. On the right hand side is a list of 30-40 categories. Mouse over them for brief descriptions.

First consider a category. Perhaps Romance, Erotic Couplings, or Loving Wives will interest you, or the more direct Group Sex, BDSM, You don't have to select one before you search tags, but a different set of tags is show for each selected category as they are based on just the stories in that category.

The rest of the page are popular tags. There are a zillion tags not listed, people make up new ones every day. You can click a displayed tag, or search for topics you think she might be interested in. Separate multiple items with commas, the result is the "AND" (intersection) of your items.

When you see search results, look just above the first story listed for the sort options. Rating is best, but Favorites are those readers have marked as personal favorites so the should generally be good too.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know how long the story is until you reach the bottom of the first page and see the page count.

Note about the Loving Wives category. This is one of the widest, and filled with lots of BTB (Burn The Bitch/Bastard), RAAC (Reconciliation At All Costs), and Hot Wife (husband want to watch) stories. Read this essay for an overview.

Last edited by ReadyOne : 07-02-2018 at 10:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2018, 07:43 AM   #5
Greenpeaness
Virgin
 
Greenpeaness is offline
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyOne View Post
You'll have to figure out what she wants (what she will respond to) before we can make any suggestions. How freely does she share her fantasies with you?

Start at https://tags.literotica.com. On the right hand side is a list of 30-40 categories. Mouse over them for brief descriptions.

First consider a category. Perhaps Romance, Erotic Couplings, or Loving Wives will interest you, or the more direct Group Sex, BDSM, You don't have to select one before you search tags, but a different set of tags is show for each selected category as they are based on just the stories in that category.

The rest of the page are popular tags. There are a zillion tags not listed, people make up new ones every day. You can click a displayed tag, or search for topics you think she might be interested in. Separate multiple items with commas, the result is the "AND" (intersection) of your items.

When you see search results, look just above the first story listed for the sort options. Rating is best, but Favorites are those readers have marked as personal favorites so the should generally be good too.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know how long the story is until you reach the bottom of the first page and see the page count.

Note about the Loving Wives category. This is one of the widest, and filled with lots of BTB (Burn The Bitch/Bastard), RAAC (Reconciliation At All Costs), and Hot Wife (husband want to watch) stories. Read this essay for an overview.
Part of the reason I would like her to read erotica is because she doesn't have any fantasies to speak of. I have asked many times and always get a the same answer. I don't know if she isn't willing to tell me or genuinely doesn't have any due to a relatively conservative upbringing and naivete about the subject. Regardless, we have a fulfilling sex life and she is open to many things.
I am hoping that reading the stories here will spark some fantasies and put her in the mood for some serious loving.

Topics of interest would likely be what your average, young to middle-age, hetero woman might enjoy. The one thing for sure is that she wouldn't enjoy the sappy, colorfully worded, dime store romance novels.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2018, 09:00 AM   #6
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,853
This one of mine might be a good introduction to erotica - it's a little unusual, no hard kink, and female-centric. Women liked it, as evidenced by this comment:

Quote:
Fuck me long, love me hard
Omigosh! Exquisite. I needed this. Again!
https://www.literotica.com/s/the-gift-turning-pages
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #7
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.
 
Zeb_Carter's Avatar
 
Zeb_Carter is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a state...
Posts: 16,084
I would suggest you introduce her to the romance category to start and maybe the exhibitionist/voyeur category. Then maybe move on to the erotic coupling category.

I would not let her read most of mine to begin with. A little to explicit. You might like mine.

See my links in my sig.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2018, 02:29 PM   #8
ReadyOne
Ready to Rock!
 
ReadyOne's Avatar
 
ReadyOne is offline
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpeaness View Post
Part of the reason I would like her to read erotica is because she doesn't have any fantasies to speak of. I have asked many times and always get a the same answer. I don't know if she isn't willing to tell me or genuinely doesn't have any due to a relatively conservative upbringing and naivete about the subject. Regardless, we have a fulfilling sex life and she is open to many things.
I am hoping that reading the stories here will spark some fantasies and put her in the mood for some serious loving.

Topics of interest would likely be what your average, young to middle-age, hetero woman might enjoy. The one thing for sure is that she wouldn't enjoy the sappy, colorfully worded, dime store romance novels.
Look for First Time stories.

Per Lit rules, you won't find true adolescents fumbling their way into adulthood, but there's a lot of "when we were younger" stuff and "college partying".

Go for the "If I could re-live my younger years" stuff.

Avoid topics suggesting something which could happen today (e.g. swinging, cuckolding, cheating) which might send a message "I want us to try".

Finally, how would she respond to "stroke" stories?

While most are male masturbation fodder, some girls do like descriptions of steamy sex that aren't cock-centered. More than will admit in public...
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #9
ReadyOne
Ready to Rock!
 
ReadyOne's Avatar
 
ReadyOne is offline
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,918
PS: If you do find one that she likes, tell us and we can suggest similar ones....
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #10
IsItBad
Experienced
 
IsItBad is offline
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 77
wifely erotica

i believe somewhere you made the comment that she doesn't have any fantasies per se

i can almost guarantee you that she does....she just wont share them.....

and it does take time.....it took maybe 2 years before my wife would admit that seeing girls doing each other turned her on.....i mean...it was obvious....we would watch porn....watch some of that...shed be soaking wet and ready to go....but just had a sort of ho hum attitude about what we had watched

finally one day she confessed...ok...yes....that stuff tears me up....

it was a milestone

for a long time i wrote her stories.....they were hot to me she applauded my writing etc but never really would reply as to her impression or reaction to the content of the story.....and then one day she wrote me one.....which remains to this day one of the hottest erotic stories ever....

it began with.....remember me telling you about my roommate in school....veronica? well....here is the rest of the story.....yes it was all fantasy (i think ) but....because she wrote it.....because she got out of her own box.....because she said words she never said etc....it was incredibly hot.....

i think i say it all to say this.....it takes time....and you can't drag it out of her....invite her to literotica and point her at the stories.....and let her go....and don't try to track her or see what she is reading....just let her at it....and in time she will likely come out with some of her own thoughts and fantasies

all the while....thinking....she is probably a good girl....who is still exploring and developing her own thoughts and ideas about it all...

anyway.....for whatever its worth.....
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #11
curioustxn
Virgin
 
curioustxn is offline
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpeaness View Post
I'm looking for some story suggestions that would be good for a first-time reader. I'm hoping she can find the same enjoyment I do from great stories posted here.
Nothing you would find behind a book cover featuring Fabio, but not so far on the other side that it only appeals to 1% of the population.
A woman's opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
One way to get a woman who has been sheltered while growing up is to watch porn videos when you have sex. As she becomes more curious, watch more and more erotic videos. When teaching someone to explore their imagination, visual is more effective than print.

Another thing: If she doesn't have any fantasies of her own, then create them for her.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 06:38 PM   #12
Jada59
Literotica Guru
 
Jada59's Avatar
 
Jada59 is online now
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
You mean first time reader of erotica, right? Not like first time reader in general.
Where was the damned beverage alert?
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #13
Jada59
Literotica Guru
 
Jada59's Avatar
 
Jada59 is online now
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpeaness View Post
I'm looking for some story suggestions that would be good for a first-time reader. I'm hoping she can find the same enjoyment I do from great stories posted here.
Nothing you would find behind a book cover featuring Fabio, but not so far on the other side that it only appeals to 1% of the population.
A woman's opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I would suggest one of mine. Love and Hearts!
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2018, 12:39 AM   #14
sam0659
Virgin
 
sam0659 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 20
One key would be not to push because if you continue to bring it up, she won't read a naughty word. Instead, maybe buy a Penthouse Letters compilation and leave it on your bed or keep a Literotica page on your computer screen for her to see. My ex-wife became a regular and enthusiastic reader of erotica after finding a Penthouse I left for her on the bed. Eventually, she read Literotica as part of our foreplay. I'd finger her as she read lesbian and mild BDSM stories.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2018, 01:29 AM   #15
PuckIt
Literotica Guru
 
PuckIt's Avatar
 
PuckIt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 654
Well... I don't know. But, I suppose you could try my Heatstroked. It was reasonably well received and is really pretty tame by Lit standards. I put it in Novels and Novellas because of the length (25 screens) but it's really something of a hetero/coming of age/ first time/ real world romance. Sort of. I will warn you, it was purposefully pretty short on actual sex. As I recall, about three real scenes, none more than... mmm... a half screen, maybe.

Also, I did have some feminine help crafting it, my wife proofed it and declared it "not too terrible." (Which since she was an English Lit Major with a Women's Studies minor, I took as a ringing endorsement.)

Any road, if you are looking to start her off slow and easy (and if she actually likes to read, enough that the length wouldn't be a turn off), you might try that.


I would also mention that there is a "hidden" Looking for Stories sub-forum that some people wander through that don't come down to the HT forum. You might try posting there as well along with a list of requirements. However, I would just caution you that some of the niche authors can have a bit of a ... er... defensive edge about "why not try my stuff?!" So, you may want to eyeball anything for whether it actually does match what you were thinking before you pass it on to her.



But, best of luck.
__________________
I'm not clumsy. It's just the floor hates me, the table and chairs are bullies, and the walls get in my way!

For the literarily masochistically inclined.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.