Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 01-04-2018, 10:04 AM   #1
Saint_Ann
Literotica Guru

Someone on the General Board threatened to shoot me

Should I be concerned? Is this the type of thing that should be allowed on this website? Is there a place on the web to report these types of threats?

Thanks.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
Trigger_Warning
Really Experienced

You can report the post by clicking on the bottom left corner of the message that has the threat. You may want to send a PM to the site admin, Laurel, to alert her to the threat.

In a relationship, gainfully employed, dabbles in writing

Old 01-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

As I told you on the GB, he didn't threaten you, he asked a question. Learn to read and comprehend what people type.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #4
joelafayette
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
As I told you on the GB, he didn't threaten you, he asked a question. Learn to read and comprehend what people type.
In a world full of spin and fake news, I am grateful for people like you. It's a losing battle, but good for you for fighting the good fight.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #5
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Just report it and move on, like a normal person.

Maybe glance at this before you PM: Writing PMs

Old 01-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #6
Adre
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGordon67 View Post
Just report it and move on, like a normal person.
Normal person? Someone who posts 50+ times a day? Puhleeeze.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #7
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adre View Post
Normal person? Someone who posts 50+ times a day? Puhleeeze.
lmao. I was being polite.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:33 PM   #8
UnderMyKilt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Ann View Post
Should I be concerned? Is this the type of thing that should be allowed on this website? Is there a place on the web to report these types of threats?
Get a grip. He didn't "threaten" you but rather posited a hypothetical question.

That aside, his statement didn't even meet the criteria to be a credible threat. No law enforcement agency would see it that way nor should the admins of a sex related internet forum.

1.) First, based on his statement, which again was a hypothetical question he did not show INTENT. Did he brandish a weapon in you presence? Did he approach you? Has he made such alleged "threats" before?

2.) He does not have the apparent ABILITY to carry out the alleged threat. You're an anonymous, fictitious, persona on a web forum. He hasn't shown you a gun and you don't even know if he owns one.

3.) He has not, does not, and apparently will not have the OPPORTUNITY to carry out the alleged "threat". Again, fictitious people on a web forum, who do not know where the other person resides, works, or frequents to not have the opportunity to harm each other.

4.) You certainly aren't in JEOPARDY as, based on all of the above, he does not have the means to put you in jeopardy.

Obviously, you don't really feel threatened, you're just trying to stir up some shit at the expense of someone else. Maybe you should look at the definitions of slander, and how case law has expanded them in the age of the internet?

My true stories.

What can I say? After all these years, and a diverse variety of sexual experiences, kinks, and fetishes, I'm still trying to figure out this "nature vs nurture" thing.

In any event, I yam what I yam and dat's all what I yam .

Last edited by UnderMyKilt : 01-04-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #9
coachdb18
Literotica Guru

The threat was made, the intent was intimidation, and the Liberal admins of Literotica could give less of a fuck... it won't pass notice until a few liberals die, then and only then will there be any concern.
Please, no religious or political discussion. That's not to say I'll simply tolerate dumb shit, and will engage as necessary. If you would like to discuss flying, welcome...I LOVE discussing flying... and then there's ALWAYS the subject we all love....

My Stories
https://www.literotica.com/s/the-bavaria-trip The Bavaria trip
(Exhibitionist/voyeur category - 2 pages)

Old 01-04-2018, 04:44 PM   #10
Saint_Ann
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderMyKilt View Post
Get a grip. He didn't "threaten" you but rather posited a hypothetical question.

That aside, his statement didn't even meet the criteria to be a credible threat. No law enforcement agency would see it that way nor should the admins of a sex related internet forum.

1.) First, based on his statement, which again was a hypothetical question he did not show INTENT. Did he brandish a weapon in you presence? Did he approach you? Has he made such alleged "threats" before?

2.) He does not have the apparent ABILITY to carry out the alleged threat. You're an anonymous, fictitious, persona on a web forum. He hasn't shown you a gun and you don't even know if he owns one.

3.) He has not, does not, and apparently will not have the OPPORTUNITY to carry out the alleged "threat". Again, fictitious people on a web forum, who do not know where the other person resides, works, or frequents to not have the opportunity to harm each other.

4.) You certainly aren't in JEOPARDY as, based on all of the above, he does not have the means to put you in jeopardy.

Obviously, you don't really feel threatened, you're just trying to stir up some shit at the expense of someone else. Maybe you should look at the definitions of slander, and how case law has expanded them in the age of the internet?
I don't make the rules. I just expect them to be equally enforced.

5. Do not threaten other people. Do not post images or words directly or indirectly implying threats of physical harm.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #11
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:

In fairness, the rules of Lit are pretty clear regarding threats of physical violence. 'Means' aren't really part of the criteria. I've seen people reported for entirely undoable threats.
I personally don't think what Des said meets even Lit's definition if threat, but if the OP does, they just need to report it and move on. The mods will decide if rules have actually been breached. It's incredibly simple.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:51 PM   #12
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
The threat was made, the intent was intimidation, and the Liberal admins of Literotica could give less of a fuck... it won't pass notice until a few liberals die, then and only then will there be any concern.
If you're so worried, report it.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #13
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelafayette View Post
In a world full of spin and fake news, I am grateful for people like you. It's a losing battle, but good for you for fighting the good fight.
Gee thanks....

Old 01-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #14
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

Quote:

I explained all that to him over on the GB. Guess he didn't like hearing that.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:57 PM   #15
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

Quote:

5. Do not threaten other people. Do not post images or words directly or indirectly implying threats of physical harm.
And again...HE didn't. Learn to fucking read numnuts.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:59 AM   #16
William_James
Really Really Experienced

Quote:

Looks like Annie the cancer-faking transvestite took his trolling to the How To board.

How quaint.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:43 PM   #17
Rainshine
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_James View Post
Looks like Annie the cancer-faking transvestite took his trolling to the How To board.

How quaint.
Straight out of Hashtag’s playbook.