International Affair (closed)

Going to Jasleen and standing beside her, I whispered "How's everything going?" after seeing the light admonishing that she gave Natalia. God-mother love, she wasn't going to be making a scene like this in public of scolding the woman, but she did get her point across.

Bob kept up his façade but went about looking at the faces trying to get himself associated with them leaving Jasleen and myself alone in this crowd. The greetings and polite small talk were having less and less affect on my because f the force smiles I had to give these people. Even though all were International I still didn't know them. It was not like we were on facebook together or anything so they were still strangers and was weary of saying something or worse yet having o look at some pretty boy's face as he chuckles and flashing his pearl white teeth makes me want to smack him around.

Not sure why.

The room was nearly full to capacity, lots of food and drink, all in all, it was going along smoothly as I took a look at my watch and see that we were an hour into our progress.
 
Since they were already in the limo Jasleen glanced to Mack with a near growl she was not thrilled by any of this and was glad to be going back to the suite. Natalia realized she had pushed too far and apologized to Bob and Mack for messing with them and causing them to react the way they did and that she actually knew better and normally her time with Jasleen does in fact go alot smoother.
 
She was feeling bad, good for her, at least that sort of shame would make her think twice about pulling something like this. Fortunately the ride back was relatively quite as Bob kept looking over at Natalia and I over towards Jasleen. Even though she was ravishing I kept it all to myself. Not sure if Natalia or anyone else knew what Jasleen and I had done before this, back at base. As exciting as it was we were keeping it under control.

"When we get back, Bob will keep an eye on this little mischievous one," quickly pointing over to Natalia whom blushed and looked down. Bob scoffed and looked over at me then said, "That wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I miss the explosions."
 
And the next one after her museum tours and a couple of old castle tours will run MUCH more smoothly won't it Natalia Elise?

Jasleen's tone could still cut steel even though she smiled at long last. Natalia knew the smile meant she was on toe road to forgiven but that tone she quickly took off to her room and read. Jasleen wandered into the kitchen of the suite and began fixing a pot of coffee.
 
There was a wonder of what it would be inside a museum from another country. I found most museums in the States to be rather dull except those that were military oriented then that would peak my interests. Bob was much the same wy, but what could a one have in the south Americas have that would be so much of interest? Then it struck me that we were trying to carve Natalia into something, that having her go through all this was to refine her into a real woman and not a simple girl. She was suppose to have class and dignity, pride in herself and knowledge.

Jasleen was trying to rather pound that into her mind as much as possible and hopefully get her mind off of the boy that she was drooling over. Even after her admonishment Natalia was still that flower that was budding.

Leaving the party behind we were on the road and I checked our comms again as Bob went through his laptop. Thus far there were no security breaches and our tail was clear. Our drivers knew how to clear themselves of anyone tailing us. "Which mesuem are we off to first, Jasleen?" I asked her whilst sitting in my seat and reaching for the limos mini bar.
 
The museum will be tomorrow and its a more native original peoples of the area museum

Jasleen watched him and smirked.

Bourbon... straight.
 
Straight bourbon. there are the little things in life. Beer is good but whiskey anfd bourbon are better and I truly despised the diluting of whiskey or anything like this with ice or even soda. I punched a man in the face when he took Jack Daniels and put it with Coca-Cola. That was a fun day.

Taking a small glass and opening one of the mini bottle and emptying the contents into the crystal glass I handed it over to her and dropped the bottle into a small trash can underneath the bar and poured myself one.

Natalia had the look on her pretty face that she wanted to have a taste of it however I didn't pour one or even offered my glass. "When you grow up" I said to her, taking a drink and savoring the sweet taste.
 
Jasleen sat back and took a nice long drink from her bourbon and smiled.

((Jumping them a little deeper into the trip by a few days))

Nearly to the end of the second leg of the trip that were in a wonderful old estate outside of London. Jasleen was walking around the stables checking on the horses after a late ride Natalia and her instructors took. It was peaceful and the horses seemed calm even with the additional strangers presence of Bob and Mack.
 
Horses, horses, and horses! I was still suffering from the ill effects of jet lag thus when I was walking about trying to keep up with Jasleen my pace was sluggish and my words were coming out slurred that it had the appearance of being intoxicated which I was not, never on duty but this excursion was giving Bob and my self ample opportunity in doing so as the gorgeous English countryside was bright green, the sky was bright blue, and I'm pretty sure Bob stepped in horse shit.

On the contrary to the mansion we left in South America this one here was cold and damp compared to the warm and dry environment. No matter. I kept myself rapped tight in a windbreak and a thick, long sleeve shirt and my head wrapped in black floppy hat to protect it from the sudden rain storms.

Jasleen woke up early and was gone from the manor before I rose, but Bob was looking over Natalia outside her room and I woke up to go on a little walk. It was rare that we would have a chance to be alone, thus my plan was to go out and find Jasleen so we could finally have some alone time.
 
She was wandering the grounds. It was peaceful here. She had been to this property a few times before and loved it. Hearing someone walking around near her she turned to see who it was.
 
"Hi, Jasleen" I said with a smile and giving a quick wave before putting the hand back inside the jacket pocket to shield it from the cold weather. I was a bit down the trail away from here and I walked rather deliberately to close the distance but not breaking out into a run. "What's up?" I said before saying, "Bob is up there with Natalia. She's still asleep. I go on duty in two hours," giving a quick update on the situation. I was still being professional in this situation as I did not know the area as well as her and there could be a stable hand in one of the stalls that could be ease dropping. Call my paranoid, but that's how I work.
 
Mack... This part of the trip is alot more relaxed especially since I got word from Grey that he and his assignment left town earlier than scheduled.

She turned fully watching him with a smile.

Whats on your mind Mack? I know this is nothing like any assignment you or Brown are used to you two I am sure would rather have been tailing people but honestly I know she would have hit on Grey due to him being single and there are certain people within international who have vastly differing opinions about my determination than Blaine and Ryan so its always easier to keep them apart... that left you and Brown.
 
"Yeah, well, certainly is a change of place for us," craning my head to look at the area around us, the trees were in bloom and the air was still and the clouds were rolling in, promising to be a cold day that had my hands still in their pockets as we walked shoulder to shoulder, "Bob seems to be doing alright, all things considering with Natalia. I just hope my girls don't end up like her," thumbing over my shoulder back towards our safe house. I brought a smile upon my face as well when seeing hers but it quickly disappeared as my eyes kept looking all around at our immediate area.

It was my defense mechanism, to look everywhere, threats were everywhere inside of my mind. "I'm glad to be out here, and be away from her" Jasleen knew whom I was referring to immediately.
 
You would be lucky if the girls turn out like her instead of typical American young Mack. She is only doing t his because I have brought in new people and she is testing you two... She knows there is more to life than what her father does and what I do... She knows there is life is something other than death.

She sighed hating that Natalia was making such a bad impression on them. She was regretting bringing them along because of it. She sighed leaning on an old stone fence wall staring out over the very empty land. She had been here several times before but this visit felt so different with Mack here. She just wasn't sure what it was since she never really "put down roots" anywhere not that she really could but something about this place for some reason with him here tugged at her. Not a comfortable feeling for her with her past and the unrelenting fact that happily or not he was married and she was friends with Tiffy and the girls.
 
Back
Top