New Adventure, New Thread (M)

Like a previous poster, I appreciate the thoughtfulness of this thread and thank you for your stories as much as the images. You seem to be an interesting and kind man. The world needs more like you!

Van

Thank you! I will happily take being compared to Dave Bowman

Thank you for your comment. I don't know how kind I am but I appreciate you taking the time to look through my thread!

Um.. Did you think people would look at the watch? :p Very nice. ;)

awww pretty eyes!!! :heart:

It took a fair amount of cajoling to get the watch from the manufacturer, so yes I was hoping y'all would notice. They seem to be made for active people but not for rugged people. I have had about 5 in the past 2 years.

I am glad that you like my eyes.

It is odd how so many women here think that they are blue. They always look hazel to me.

Such a nice thread :) Thanks for sharing your pics. The uniform one got me, especially 💜

I am very thankful when you share your sexy self as well.

Thanks for the compliment on the uniform. I never felt sexy in it (probably should have had it tailored back when I wore it regularly).
I have many memories of wearing all that black wool on a sultry night in the Low Country.

What can you tell about a man from books

The title of this post comes from a paraphrase of a line in a Joseph Conrad story. The irony of it was not lost on me considering that the person speaking the line was an illiterate sailor of questionable moral character.

I remember there being something like a book selfie thread a while back and a bunch of nerds started posting photographs of themselves with books in another thread recently. I figured it would be neat experiment to take a photo of myself with the last book I ever read as an overly serious young man in college and a book that made me the professional man that I am today

I can forgive almost anybody not diving as deeply as I ever did into the works of Uncle Jack, but I would never trust a sailor who had never heard of Hervey's little how to manual.

Attachments

• IMG_20190217_195654.jpg
    IMG_20190217_195654.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
Nice thread. I like your random thoughts that come with the photos. We all have books that capture our thoughts of the time and resonate within. It's wonderful that you have shared them.

It took a fair amount of cajoling to get the watch from the manufacturer, so yes I was hoping y'all would notice. They seem to be made for active people but not for rugged people. I have had about 5 in the past 2 years.

I am glad that you like my eyes.

It is odd how so many women here think that they are blue. They always look hazel to me.

Do they change colors often? I'd guess depending on what you wear they look certain shades? (your eyes btw lol) I would have gone with green/blue.. But I don't stare at them every day. ;)
I did look at the watch. Just after the rest of the intake. I like watches on Men though.
The title of this post comes from a paraphrase of a line in a Joseph Conrad story. The irony of it was not lost on me considering that the person speaking the line was an illiterate sailor of questionable moral character.

I remember there being something like a book selfie thread a while back and a bunch of nerds started posting photographs of themselves with books in another thread recently. I figured it would be neat experiment to take a photo of myself with the last book I ever read as an overly serious young man in college and a book that made me the professional man that I am today

I can forgive almost anybody not diving as deeply as I ever did into the works of Uncle Jack, but I would never trust a sailor who had never heard of Hervey's little how to manual.

I really like this picture a lot. Black and white.. Books. You! :heart:

Men with books will always be sexy to me, thank you! :heart:

A man that reads a book is very sexy. Can I help turn the pages?

Thank you my wonderful ladies for all your supportive, thoughtful comments!

I may have found my niche--perhaps I should keep a book close by in every dirty photo I post!

Nice thread. I like your random thoughts that come with the photos. We all have books that capture our thoughts of the time and resonate within. It's wonderful that you have shared them.

Thanks for appreciating my ramblings!
;-)

Do they change colors often? I'd guess depending on what you wear they look certain shades? (your eyes btw lol) I would have gone with green/blue.. But I don't stare at them every day. ;)
I did look at the watch. Just after the rest of the intake. I like watches on Men though.

I really like this picture a lot. Black and white.. Books. You! :heart:

I think that they do change with what color I wear. I also had a friend who told me that they changed color right before, well.....

Men with books will always be sexy to me, thank you! :heart:

As I said, I will have to keep photos of my with my books then!

A man that reads a book is very sexy. Can I help turn the pages?

By all means, be my guest! I could use a fluffer....ahem, I meant page flipper.

😈

My eyes are green in person but often look blue in photos. I think it has something to do with light refraction. Be that as it may, you have pretty eyes!

And yes, you definitely should start including books in each shot! Or maybe start doing scenes based on books! Or maybe just keep doing what you enjoy doing! 😀

Cheers!
Van

Must be the lust. She might not see it 😜

Perhaps you are right. While there are some lovely women who work at the optometrist's office, my eye doctor is never the object of the same sort of lusty looks I have given other women. Perhaps I should try to be more amorous on my next visit so she and I can do an in depth study.
For science

My eyes are green in person but often look blue in photos. I think it has something to do with light refraction. Be that as it may, you have pretty eyes!

And yes, you definitely should start including books in each shot! Or maybe start doing scenes based on books! Or maybe just keep doing what you enjoy doing! 😀

Cheers!
Van

I will go on record saying that I would love to see your eyes
😈

I have an idea for a more involved photo shoot, but for now here is a quickie to tide you over.

Attachments

• IMG_20190219_103119.jpg
    IMG_20190219_103119.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have an idea for a more involved photo shoot, but for now here is a quickie to tide you over.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's a very nice book collection. I may need to stop by and borrow a few! Love the eye!! Very sexy

[/FONT]

That's a very nice book collection. I may need to stop by and borrow a few! Love the eye!! Very sexy[/QUOTE]

Thank you

You are more than welcome to come over. Just know that this lending library does have stiff penalties

;-)

They should at least find you handy

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" ---Cananda's greatest moral philosopher

Ever since I was a little boy, I liked doing things with my hands. My father always had tools and he was always making things or fixing things and I would help. He came up with a foot stool project for my Cub Scout pack and I was amazed at the boys my age who did not know what hand drill was.

My father had hand tool and power tools, but was never a 'craftsman' despite all the tools with that name in the garage, nor was he a fine woodworker. But he got things done. I always admired that.

He was very protective of me, having seen the damage power tools can do to soft flesh (and perhaps knowing what a clutz his young son was) power saws were off-limits but I could cope and cut whenever I wanted.

In junior high there was "Industrial Arts." Perhaps all the goofs who ran the school district disdained the term "shop class" and thought it beneath their children to learn a slotted from a Phillips screwdriver. I was ahead of the class because I had already done so many of the same projects with my father (drafting, cutting, nailing, &ct). I felt at home around saw dust and tools.

On boats, you often have to make do with what you have, and if you need something fixed you or a shipmate are the one who fixes it. The skills I learned and the desire to be 'handy' served me well for sailing around on old schooners.

I spent my time doing and learning, and I loved it.

Years ago, I argued with a table saw about a piece of wood.

I call it a draw because I still have all my fingers, but it took some time to heal from the argument. I was foolish and was not using the safety protocols that I should have since I was trying to work around the carpenters who worked in the shop.

It took some time for my wounds to heal, and it took even longer for my trepidation for the most powerful tool in the shop to subside.

This winter, I volunteered alongside bankers and lawyers and stock brokers to build a deck. When they all went back to work I finished the project by building a ramp. It involved using the club's old table saw.

I still get anxious about using it--the way the lights dim from the huge power draw, loud crack as the motor starts, the way the whole table jumps as the blade begins to turn.

I was smart and used push sticks. I was calm and I took my time. Much like the sea on which I miss sailing, I admire the saw's abilities and I respect its power.

It is good be handy, it is wise to know your limitations, and it is freeing working past your fears.

If you have read through this rambling little story I suppose you deserve some compensation, so here is a photo of me at work and one of me with two tools that very seldom see any use.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_20190213_123250.jpg
    IMG_20190213_123250.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190216_152902.jpg
    IMG_20190216_152902.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
Perhaps you are right. While there are some lovely women who work at the optometrist's office, my eye doctor is never the object of the same sort of lusty looks I have given other women. Perhaps I should try to be more amorous on my next visit so she and I can do an in depth study.
For science

haha I'd kill to see that ;)

less "Chops" in this picture. Not sure I've ever seen you with less to barely any.

This is a great shot. All the way down.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" ---Cananda's greatest moral philosopher

Ever since I was a little boy, I liked doing things with my hands. My father always had tools and he was always making things or fixing things and I would help. He came up with a foot stool project for my Cub Scout pack and I was amazed at the boys my age who did not know what hand drill was.

My father had hand tool and power tools, but was never a 'craftsman' despite all the tools with that name in the garage, nor was he a fine woodworker. But he got things done. I always admired that.

He was very protective of me, having seen the damage power tools can do to soft flesh (and perhaps knowing what a clutz his young son was) power saws were off-limits but I could cope and cut whenever I wanted.

In junior high there was "Industrial Arts." Perhaps all the goofs who ran the school district disdained the term "shop class" and thought it beneath their children to learn a slotted from a Phillips screwdriver. I was ahead of the class because I had already done so many of the same projects with my father (drafting, cutting, nailing, &ct). I felt at home around saw dust and tools.

On boats, you often have to make do with what you have, and if you need something fixed you or a shipmate are the one who fixes it. The skills I learned and the desire to be 'handy' served me well for sailing around on old schooners.

I call it a draw because I still have all my fingers, but it took some time to heal from the argument. I was foolish and was not using the safety protocols that I should have since I was trying to work around the carpenters who worked in the shop.

It took some time for my wounds to heal, and it took even longer for my trepidation for the most powerful tool in the shop to subside.

This winter, I volunteered alongside bankers and lawyers and stock brokers to build a deck. When they all went back to work I finished the project by building a ramp. It involved using the club's old table saw.

I still get anxious about using it--the way the lights dim from the huge power draw, loud crack as the motor starts, the way the whole table jumps as the blade begins to turn.

I was smart and used push sticks. I was calm and I took my time. Much like the sea on which I miss sailing, I admire the saw's abilities and I respect its power.

It is good be handy, it is wise to know your limitations, and it is freeing working past your fears.

If you have read through this rambling little story I suppose you deserve some compensation, so here is a photo of me at work and one of me with two tools that very seldom see any use.

[/QUOTE]

hahaha I have a picture very similar to this. So I have to love it!! :D

A Red Green reference! "I'm a man, but I can change. If I want to. I guess."
Genius.
I was one of two girls in my 9th grade shop class. I haven't gone near a table saw since, either. Those things are dangerous! You are right to be cautious.

Love the books!

Nice thread.
I’ll be sure to return

Thank you.

I look forward to seeing you here again

A Red Green reference! "I'm a man, but I can change. If I want to. I guess."
Genius.
I was one of two girls in my 9th grade shop class. I haven't gone near a table saw since, either. Those things are dangerous! You are right to be cautious.

Love the books!

Never sure how many people are aware of the propaganda that comes out from the land beyond the Poutine Curtain.

Glad that you liked the reference

That's a very nice book collection. I may need to stop by and borrow a few! Love the eye!! Very sexy

Thank you

You are more than welcome to come over. Just know that this lending library does have stiff penalties

;-)
[/QUOTE]

I'll take my chances! 😘

I think what I hear you ladies saying is that my uniform can stand a good tailoring.

And that I look good naked which I I'm very happy to know.

😈. 😃

I'm not sure that I would be skillful enough to capture the sexy tableau you have posited Renee. I will see what I can do over the weekend.

For now, here I am this morning, in no hurry to get out of bed

You have a beautiful smile and a hawt bod!! :)

For science

I will go on record saying that I would love to see your eyes
😈

Books, fur and a really nice eye, that will do!!

If you have read through this rambling little story I suppose you deserve some compensation, so here is a photo of me at work and one of me with two tools that very seldom see any use.

Sawdust is man glitter!!! :devil:

Nice hammer as well!! :devil:

Last edited:
Back