Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When memory fails and I am left only with instinct, senses, and emotions it is difficult to keep calm. Those are the times when my emotions run the highest. Anger becomes rage, sadness becomes black despondence, happiness becomes mania. Those are the times when the wheel house in my head feels adrift. The chartroom stands empty, and everything is just kind of going wherever it ends up, no guidance or direction. These episodes are hard to explain, but I think that they are rather revealing when it comes to observing and analyzing my mind. They lay bare many aspects of my personality that otherwise would remain wrapped in ego or self consciousness. When memory takes a powder, those considerations drop and near the end, when memory begins to come back, I have a small amount of surreal time when I have full comprehension and am frighteningly devoid of ego or personality. A time when I can see the framework of my emotional structures and the logic engines that are so carefully constructed off of them. All of it is very clear and concise, no haze or blur. Then memory finishes reinserting, and all the old character traits come crashing in, burying the structure under an ocean of self awareness and sentience.
My memory is not full, or fully functional. The warehouse has many lights that are dim, and many, many more that are broken completely, leaving great swathes of darkness where knowledge and learnt intuition used to be. Where gathered experience and the lessons it cultivated used to reside, but now is a void. Broken and inconsistent though memory may be, it still drowns the logic, emotion, instinct structures. Everyday, more of the warehouse is dim or black, and every time memory recedes it seems to stay gone a little longer, leaving me a confused, excitable, temperamental shell that acts on urges and compulsions, on instinctive reactions, instead of considered, socially acceptable-framed logic. I don't like when this happens. It frightens me and makes me sad.

'Kay y'all, I am just popping in to post in Humour, sorry Humor, really. And to say :kiss:, I am very sorry for being so AWOL.

My evil line manager refused to let me reschedule an online tutorial (ie being delivered from my kitchen so only takes two emails to reschedule), in order that I could go and collect my nephew with profound special needs from the airport. So I said, "Oh dear, well I will have to cancel it altogether then." Then she phoned me and for half an hour shouted at me, saying "You WILL teach that tutorial! You HAVE to teach it! You are contracted to do so on that day at that time, you will." She suggested I leave my nephew all alone at the airport for several hours, make my sister put him on a different flight, send someone else to fetch him (no, I can't, if I could of course I would've done it not tried to reschedule my tutorial!). I said, "No I do not have to teach and you can't make me."

Cuz y'know what. I have been taking care of my nephew for seventeen effing years! on and off. He is like so close to my heart I would go to Hell and kick Satan's butt if Satan tried to deny him the smallest thing, and you prolly know me well enough not to bet on Satan in that conflict. And the line manager is only one of the most minor devils from Hell, she was a mad fool to pick that fight. (Yes, she is a mad fool.)

Senior management have replied to my email (and y'know I am quite a good writer - recently judged to be up to Pilot's standard! ;), if I have to write something of this kind I do it so it would make a troll cry). They say, "give us a week, we are looking into it." Hooray! I can bog off for a few days, enjoying being with my nephew, doing my marking as normal and tootling along. If the line manager foolishly attempts to contact me, I can say, "Pi$$ off, senior management are looking at you."

I think senior M are awaiting the delivery of the formal complaint my colleague is putting in with the union's backing. (Mine was an informal heart-wrenching plea, LOL. "Please, please, Mr Senior M - let me just effing get on with my job!")

Y'know I am so pleased, I am not even going to complain that Senior M called me Ms. Smith, even though they are my professional employer and my job requires you to have a doctorate :rolleyes:. Anyway, I am used to that. Only had my (real) name spelt properly once on a door sign - and that was when a Professor in a neighbouring office did it cuz maintenance had lazily not got round to it, LOL.

:heart: chums.

Naoko:
Y'know I am so pleased, I am not even going to complain that Senior M called me Ms. Smith, even though they are my professional employer and my job requires you to have a doctorate .

Dear Senior M,
Please be advised that I am NOT "Ms". I am "Dr Ms Smith".

'Kay y'all, I am just popping in to post in Humour, sorry Humor, really. And to say :kiss:, I am very sorry for being so AWOL.

My evil line manager refused to let me reschedule an online tutorial (ie being delivered from my kitchen so only takes two emails to reschedule), in order that I could go and collect my nephew with profound special needs from the airport. So I said, "Oh dear, well I will have to cancel it altogether then." Then she phoned me and for half an hour shouted at me, saying "You WILL teach that tutorial! You HAVE to teach it! You are contracted to do so on that day at that time, you will." She suggested I leave my nephew all alone at the airport for several hours, make my sister put him on a different flight, send someone else to fetch him (no, I can't, if I could of course I would've done it not tried to reschedule my tutorial!). I said, "No I do not have to teach and you can't make me."

Cuz y'know what. I have been taking care of my nephew for seventeen effing years! on and off. He is like so close to my heart I would go to Hell and kick Satan's butt if Satan tried to deny him the smallest thing, and you prolly know me well enough not to bet on Satan in that conflict. And the line manager is only one of the most minor devils from Hell, she was a mad fool to pick that fight. (Yes, she is a mad fool.)

Senior management have replied to my email (and y'know I am quite a good writer - recently judged to be up to Pilot's standard! ;), if I have to write something of this kind I do it so it would make a troll cry). They say, "give us a week, we are looking into it." Hooray! I can bog off for a few days, enjoying being with my nephew, doing my marking as normal and tootling along. If the line manager foolishly attempts to contact me, I can say, "Pi$$ off, senior management are looking at you."

I think senior M are awaiting the delivery of the formal complaint my colleague is putting in with the union's backing. (Mine was an informal heart-wrenching plea, LOL. "Please, please, Mr Senior M - let me just effing get on with my job!")

Y'know I am so pleased, I am not even going to complain that Senior M called me Ms. Smith, even though they are my professional employer and my job requires you to have a doctorate :rolleyes:. Anyway, I am used to that. Only had my (real) name spelt properly once on a door sign - and that was when a Professor in a neighbouring office did it cuz maintenance had lazily not got round to it, LOL.

:heart: chums.

Fight the good fight, Duchess. :heart::rose:

This whole bringing salads for lunch does not work out so well if I keep stress eating throughout the work day.

This whole bringing salads for lunch does not work out so well if I keep stress eating throughout the work day.

When you say "salads", I assume you mean the green stuff which I reckon more suited to a rabbit or something ?
Not for this one!
Hard-boiled eggs, ripe (note that term) tomatoes and some decent bread,; OK.

I never have liked salad- at all.
:)

I have just come back from our local multiplex watching a live performance of Macbeth relayed from Manchester with Kenneth Branagh in the title role.

It was a fantastic performance, but a two hour fifteen minute marathon as it was produced without a single interval.

I have just come back from our local multiplex watching a live performance of Macbeth relayed from Manchester with Kenneth Branagh in the title role.

It was a fantastic performance, but a two hour fifteen minute marathon as it was produced without a single interval.

That sounds like a much better way to spend a few hours at the "movies" than watching explosions.

How does one discover these performances ?
That may sound a daft question, but I don't see them in my local paper etc..

That sounds like a much better way to spend a few hours at the "movies" than watching explosions.

How true.

How true.

Check out your local multiplex's web site, HP. Increasingly, cinemas are screening this sort of "live" event - ballet, opera, plays, even sports events.

That is the question.

They are very poorly advertised. We use our local Vue cinema, but finding out about these one performance shows is difficult even on their website.

We went to a ballet performance last week - the audience was just seven!

Tomorrow (Monday) evening we are going to see the Royal Opera House's production of Rigoletto.

Try sites for Shakespeare's Globe, the National Theatre, the Royal Opera House, the Royal Shakespeare Company etc.

http://www.shakespearesglobe.com/theatre/whats-on/globe-on-screen

We have also been to Arts presentations of exhibitions currently in London:

Pompeii and Herculaneum, and Manet.

We found those on the Vue website. Coming up soon is the Globe's production of The Taming of the Shrew. If it is anything like the standard of their Much Ado About Nothing, it should not be missed.

And these live or recorded movies are not just for the UK. Last night's Macbeth was screened around the world from Manchester. In the introduction they admitted that tickets to be at any show of the run of live performances sold out in the first nine minutes!

Edited to add: http://cinema.roh.org.uk/

Movies from the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London

From the British Museum to movie theatres worldwide from August:

Life and Death in Pompeii and Herculaneum http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_...culaneum/pompeii_live/worldwide_listings.aspx

Last edited:
Tonight's cultural feast was the Royal Opera House's production of Rigoletto. The audience was about 30. The nearer Art House cinema was sold out - at much higher prices for more uncomfortable seats.

The Vue cinema, stung by our moans when only seven of us attended a recent showing, gave everyone of us a list of their live and recorded cultural showings until March 2014 - Shakespeare's Globe, The Met, The Royal Opera House (ballet and opera), The National Theatre and the British Museum.

We have been working out whether and when we can go. It looks like we'll see at least two or three performances a month, and on one week three in the week.

But at seat prices for wrinklies at between £7 and £10 we can afford it.

Tonight's cultural feast was the Royal Opera House's production of Rigoletto. The audience was about 30. The nearer Art House cinema was sold out - at much higher prices for more uncomfortable seats.

The Vue cinema, stung by our moans when only seven of us attended a recent showing, gave everyone of us a list of their live and recorded cultural showings until March 2014 - Shakespeare's Globe, The Met, The Royal Opera House (ballet and opera), The National Theatre and the British Museum.

We have been working out whether and when we can go. It looks like we'll see at least two or three performances a month, and on one week three in the week.

But at seat prices for wrinklies at between £7 and £10 we can afford it.

Which reminds me:
Rigoletto

wonderful!

Every time I see the Ralph Lauren advertisement on the U.S. Public Broadcasting System ("PBS"), I vomit. I can't help but wonder how many people are aware that the whole thing is a ginormous marketing gimmick.

The advertisement is an undisguised attempt to associate the brand name with elitist, very-WASPy privilege— it is clearly trying to elicit snobbery, exclusivity and contempt.

What's hilarious is that the clown who started the company and who takes enormous pains to wrap himself in that image of was born Ralph Lifshitz.

He is a complete and absolute phony. I can't help but wonder if Ralph Lifshitz secretly laughs at the suckers who fall for the marketing crap.

From Wikipedia:
Ralph Lauren (pronounced LAW-ren) was born Ralph Lifshitz in the Bronx, New York, to Ashkenazi Jewish immigrants, from Pinsk, Poland (now Belarus): Fraydl (née Kotlar) and Frank Lifshitz, a house painter...

...Born Ralph Lifshitz, he changed his surname to Lauren when he was 15 years old. “My given name has the word shit in it,” he told Oprah Winfrey. “When I was a kid, the other kids would make a lot of fun of me. It was a tough name. That's why I decided to change it. Then people said, "Did you change your name because you don't want to be Jewish?" I said, "Absolutely not. That's not what it's about...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Lipschitz

That is an unusually high number. Are they all from the same person? Or are there more people who appreciate our Dampy?

:eek:

A couple of repeat offenders but that's all. Which was why I was wondering about the rash of PMs all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back