What's for dinner?

Had to look that up, is it as spicy as it sounds? I think I'd like it but the husband unit wouldn't.

Piri Piri sauce can be spicy. I first hit it in South Africa when my parents took me there. It was fantastic and mom got this book of South African recipes that I still use. Guess I'm lucky, my partner likes spicy so I can do hot. And then he gets out the really hot chilli sauce just to buy me that it needs a little more heat. Ha!

Last night, I had pork chops fried with mushrooms onions, yellow & orange peppers, & seasoned with a sweet steak seasoning. On the side I had mashed potatoes coleslaw and corn.

Last edited:
Piri Piri sauce can be spicy. I first hit it in South Africa when my parents took me there. It was fantastic and mom got this book of South African recipes that I still use. Guess I'm lucky, my partner likes spicy so I can do hot. And then he gets out the really hot chilli sauce just to buy me that it needs a little more heat. Ha!

Ha! :D

Last night, I had pork chops fried with mushrooms onions, yellow & orange peppers, & seasoned with a sweet steak seasoning. On the side I had mashed potatoes coleslaw and corn.
Ah, I love bell peppers.

Beef Rendang with Jasmine Rice, Pickled shredded Achara and Gado-Gado Salad, fried Birds-Eye chillies with Belacan prawn paste, and fruited-Ice Kachang and Mango ice-cream for dessert; we feel like Indonesian food tonight, and we've got a house-full this weekend, so that's what we're having

Grilled salmon and baked potato. And tonight, I'm adding butter to that potato!

(life on the wild side)

:rolleyes:

Meatloaf, a little baked potato and roasted zucchini, onion and bell pepper. It was delicious. Used some good olive oil on the veg, baked at 400 for 20 minutes - absolutely buttery.

I did end up having barbecue beef ribs for dinner.

Last edited:
That sounds mouth wateringly great!

Recipe please?

This is similar to the one I use, which is South African Peri-Peri Chicken. They got it from Portugal via Mozambique (which used to be a portugese colony and a lot of portugese from there moved to South Africa).

There's a South African chain called Nando's - there website is here - and you can buy their Peri-Peri sauce online. Free shipping for more than 6 bottles. That's where I get mine, coz it's just the best! We ate at a Nando's a few times in South Africa and I loved their food. They've started to expand here but only in 4 states so far. More in Canada. And quite a few world wide now.

Chicken-wings-and-snacks-300x225.jpg

INGREDIENTS
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons soya sauce
2 tablespoons chili sauce or Tabasco sauce
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 packs (approximately 1 pound each) chicken wings

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix the garlic, honey, soya and chili sauces, ginger and pepper together in a zip lock bag.
Add the wings to the marinade and seal the bag. Mix together to coat the wings and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
Arrange the wings in a large casserole dish so that they are not tightly packed together. Bake, uncovered, for 60-70 minutes at 350˚F until brown and tender.
Serve hot.

I will try this recipe in the future, maybe next week, THANK YOU!

However I'll be going to Nandos for dinner tonight. I've never been there I've always just written it off. there is one fairly close to my home. As per the website they have a half chicken peri-peri meal, I think I'll have that.

This is similar to the one I use, which is South African Peri-Peri Chicken. They got it from Portugal via Mozambique (which used to be a portugese colony and a lot of portugese from there moved to South Africa).

There's a South African chain called Nando's - there website is here - and you can buy their Peri-Peri sauce online. Free shipping for more than 6 bottles. That's where I get mine, coz it's just the best! We ate at a Nando's a few times in South Africa and I loved their food. They've started to expand here but only in 4 states so far. More in Canada. And quite a few world wide now.

Chicken-wings-and-snacks-300x225.jpg

INGREDIENTS
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons soya sauce
2 tablespoons chili sauce or Tabasco sauce
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 packs (approximately 1 pound each) chicken wings

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix the garlic, honey, soya and chili sauces, ginger and pepper together in a zip lock bag.
Add the wings to the marinade and seal the bag. Mix together to coat the wings and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
Arrange the wings in a large casserole dish so that they are not tightly packed together. Bake, uncovered, for 60-70 minutes at 350˚F until brown and tender.
Serve hot.

I will try this recipe in the future, maybe next week, THANK YOU!

However I'll be going to Nandos for dinner tonight. I've never been there I've always just written it off. there is one fairly close to my home. As per the website they have a half chicken peri-peri meal, I think I'll have that.

I'm sure you will love it! Please let us know. A pic of your meal for a finishing touch? ;)

Hmmm... not sure if it has a name.

I made a Cream of Chicken soup (water not milk), threw some rice in a slow cooker with pork chops on top, salt and peppered it, poured the soup on top. It sounded good when I threw it all in... I'll let you know the outcome later. 😂

I'm cheating. A&W tonight. For some reason I'm just craving a Bacon Double Cheeseburger and Fries.

ori-bacon-double-chee.jpg

Back