Proust Questionnaire Challenge

Angeline

Poet Chick
You may have heard of The Proust Questionnaire, a group of questions answered by a young Marcel Proust that have survived into the 21st century as a game that allegedly reveals your true personality. And we've played that game a few times here thanks to our friend (and fine poet), GuiltyPleasure*.

The challenge is to answer one of the questions from the following abbreviated form of the questionnaire. Your answers must be in the form of a poem, so you are writing a poem that has your answer worked into it in some way. If you take the challenge you should submit a poem, plus the number of the question you've answered in it. Here are the questions from which you will choose:

The Abbreviated Proust Questionnaire

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
5. On what occasion do you lie?
6. Which living person do you most despise?
7. What is the quality you most like in a man?
8. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
9. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
10. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
11. What do you most value in your friends?
12. Who are your favorite writers?
13. Who is your hero of fiction?
14. Who are your heroes in real life?
15. What is your greatest regret?

Feel free to raise questions or discuss the challenge in this thread (or pm me if you prefer). If you are playing, submit your poem and the number of the question you've answered in it to me via pm by July 31 at midnight Eastern Standard Time. That gives you over three weeks to submit. Please don't say if you're "in" here as we'll keep the poets' names secret until you've had a week to guess who wrote what. Oh and multiple submissions are welcome. :cattail:

Hope you'll all join in!

*Thanks for the help GP!

A little over two weeks left to get those poems in. Hope you all consider taking a shot at this one. I have 5 poems in so far. Let's see if we can make it to 10. :rose::rose::rose:

~Bump~

Ten poems so far. Will you write one (or more)? Those questions are good writing prompts!

Hi there poets. :rose:

Sorry I've not been more active here of late but I am seriously allergic to some pollen here in the great mountainous pollen bowl and it is not making me a happy poet chick. I feel rather dull as a result (antihistamines y'know), so forgive my absence and/or dimness. :eek:

Anywho we are nearing the last day you can submit poems to the challenge or, if you've already submitted, send me revisions. Last call is July 31st at 11:59 pm EST. However you can probably still submit through the morning (my time) on August 1. I doubt I'll do anything with them before then. Sometime later on the 1st, I'll post the poems sans author names.

We have a good group of poems at this point, 11 or 12 (it's the antihistime lol: I should know this), but if you haven't submitted yet, please consider giving it a go. You know you have answers to those questions! And you can be as cagey about them as you care to in your poems: metaphors are always welcome here!

If you do submit or resubmit make sure to say which question you are answering. If you have questions raise them here or pm me. And thanks for reading my blah blah blah.

Seventeen poems so far. You poets are no slackers! Well unless you didn't write one yet, in which case :caning:

I'm about to start posting the poems in a new thread, which you can also use for discussion. I'm going to post them in order of the questions answered. Some poems have more responses than others and some questions had no responses. So it'll take me a bit to get this all sorted, but you should start seeing poems in a few minutes here.

There were 18 poems submitted. Please let me get them all up before your start commenting. Thanks.

:rose:

Thank you all for doing the challenge. What a great group of poems! They're all up now so feel free to comment in the poem thread. :rose::rose::rose:

Back