The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, she is black and fluffy. I will stick extra legs on and eyes. How about that?
:heart:

Now I'm snorting with laughter. And I like spiders. Almost as much as I like kittens. Well, no, that's not true.

If you do end up with a house full of kittens, make sure Piglet knows you are giving them away. With the puppies, my siblings and I were sure we would at least get to keep our own favorites from the litter. Or the mama dog. My parents found homes for all of them. We were heartbroken. For a few days. :rolleyes:

I think a "meow" will give it away. ;) And spiders don't purr, they just slowly crawl up your leg...not making a sound....fangs twitching.....ok now I'm creeping myself out. Did I mention I'm hugely arachnophobic? But on the serious note, I would consult your vet sooner rather than later and seek his/her advise.

Oh, speaking of Star Trek; I've got the TV in the hotel is on HBO and Zachary Quinto on Bill Maher right now.

Anyone care to join me for coffee?

As the girl who is now snuggling with the 3-legged puppy, um ... I'm not sure what to tell you! Besides that I will join you in that whiskey.

I don't know what I would do. I think I would let her have the kittens. And feel super put out by it ;) When I was little a stray dog my mother took in had nine puppies in our kitchen. I got to see the last two being born. It was amazing.

Maybe a circle of life (life lesson!) for Piglet to experience? Just as a social science thing, you understand.

I'll just sit here and keep my fingers crossed that she isn't up the duff. Isn't that what you guys say over there? :D

Sigh, I know! Good learning in life experience. I will make sure she has the kittens in Piglet's bed. :devil:. Er, if I decide to let her have them.

Maybe she's not preggers. Get out of that cosy kitten-bearing place, Lakhi! Maybe she is a spider, John. :devil:. LOL.

If only my FB friends were not all in Australia and Valencia and other places where you can't post a kitten without objections being made by authorities who ought to adopt a kitten instead. :rolleyes:

Ugh, I am never going to be able to be manly about this and make the vet operate, am I. Duh, why did I come on here for support, I should've gone to Mumsnet, they would all be screaming, You don't need a lot of messy kittens! BTW, can we have one for our family, we have been thinking about getting a cat.

John, Shea, you could each do with a kitten, couldn't you? anna? Er, HP!!! Dahlink! :rose::rose::rose: Would be a good friend for your dragon!

Yes! coffee! Now! Sigh.

Steve -- let me know what you think of the latest post, I'd love to hear it. ;)

Well. Hot, is the short answer... :) I like the fact that it's shorter - I like a slow build but the pace seemed better, somehow, in this one. I also like that you're giving a little insight into the underpinnings of the D/S lifestyle - or, at least, your take on it. For a woefully vanilla guy like me, this is interesting stuff. Thanks!

Naoko, I already have two cats. I don't think I need a third. :rolleyes: Is there a local adoption agency that runs a no kill shelter near you? Perhaps they can offer a hand.

How does a glass of wine in the morning sound? ;)

I knew once you and Shea got on the case it would be a lost cause! C'mon, where are the heartless people to encourage me to have the kittens obliterated before they ever have milky eyes to even open. Gimme the whisky bottle!
Oh, okay, I'll do it.... Put them down! Put them all... no, just pass the whisky.

anna -- get a tattoo. but they are addicting. seriously. But the thing is, once you get one, it kind of ceases to matter if you get more. I got the first one when I was 18, the second when I was 22. I made sure they were small and discrete and in places where they couldn't be seen if I didn't want them to be. I didn't want it to hinder me finding a job. Then I got a job in advertising on the creative side, and it didn't matter what I wore (flip flops every day if I wanted) and eventually everyone had tattoos. And still the person I worried most about was my mom. I got another, more complicated tattoo on my forearm 2.5 years ago, and two more in the last year. (Oh, and a redo of the one I got when I was 22.) Also on my forearms. I feel like if I had the money I would have sort-of sleeves. It's my way of expressing myself. And my mother is not a fan. But she does her very best to realize I am a grown woman and restrain herself. She sometimes even succeeds! She even admitted the last two are "pretty." But it is hard to brave the disapproval of your mother, isn't it???

Naoko and anna -- I think we can make it work to all see Star Trek on the same day! It's not too hard for me to get away. And then we can follow that up with a virtual tattoo date? ;) I have at least two more in the idea stage ...

I should go to bed. But I'm too tired ...
I'm pretty sure I only want the one. I mean, I don't like needles to begin with (says the woman who used to give herself daily hormone injections), so.... I just might end up buying out a selection of those temporary tattoos to let myself, and the fella, get used to the idea.

Yes, shea, it is hard to remember I'm an adult and don't need my mother's approval for everything I do.

Once I'm finished with this theatre thing, I'm all yours, shea and Naoko, for our Star Trek date!

I don't think you'll find many heartless people here. Possibly one or two cross ones.

Leaving aside the irony of such a vocal safe sex proponent allowing her cat to end up in an unplanned pregnancy, I don't think she should be subjected to an unnecessary medical procedure just because of her previous owner's dishonesty and your negligence. The general consensus seems to be, man up and take responsibility for both.
What he said!

Rugby season is over, steve? Don't any of the boys have other activities to take up summer?

I think a "meow" will give it away. ;) And spiders don't purr, they just slowly crawl up your leg...not making a sound....fangs twitching.....ok now I'm creeping myself out. Did I mention I'm hugely arachnophobic? But on the serious note, I would consult your vet sooner rather than later and seek his/her advise.

Oh, speaking of Star Trek; I've got the TV in the hotel is on HBO and Zachary Quinto on Bill Maher right now.

Anyone care to join me for coffee?
*shuddering at the thought of spiders*

"Zachary Quinto is on Bill Maher?" <snerk>

Sigh, I know! Good learning in life experience. I will make sure she has the kittens in Piglet's bed. :devil:. Er, if I decide to let her have them.

Maybe she's not preggers. Get out of that cosy kitten-bearing place, Lakhi! Maybe she is a spider, John. :devil:. LOL.

If only my FB friends were not all in Australia and Valencia and other places where you can't post a kitten without objections being made by authorities who ought to adopt a kitten instead. :rolleyes:

Ugh, I am never going to be able to be manly about this and make the vet operate, am I. Duh, why did I come on here for support, I should've gone to Mumsnet, they would all be screaming, You don't need a lot of messy kittens! BTW, can we have one for our family, we have been thinking about getting a cat.

John, Shea, you could each do with a kitten, couldn't you? anna? Er, HP!!! Dahlink! :rose::rose::rose: Would be a good friend for your dragon!

Yes! coffee! Now! Sigh.
I don't think you have any say in where Lakhi will have her kittens, if she's having any. ;)

Sorry, no kittens for me. I'm very allergic.

Please, pass the coffee?

What he said!

Rugby season is over, steve? Don't any of the boys have other activities to take up summer?

*shuddering at the thought of spiders*

"Zachary Quinto is on Bill Maher?" <snerk>

I don't think you have any say in where Lakhi will have her kittens, if she's having any. ;)

Sorry, no kittens for me. I'm very allergic.

Please, pass the coffee?

<pours anna a stiff one>

No, they're similar to me, in that they've never really taken to any sport apart from rugby. I think it's the combination of the need for brute force and mindless violence that hold a certainly fascination for the boys in my family... :)

Temp tattoos are actually a really good idea. You never know, the Fella might find it hot... ;)

Can't do kittens here, the terrorier would eat it. Anything small and furry is doomed in this cave.

:eek: I'm steering clear of your cave, then...

Last edited:
First winery down, many more to go. Will be live blogging throughout the day.
johneb87.wordpress.com

Not a good weekend. Not a good weekend at all....

<pours anna a stiff one>

No, they're similar to me, in that they've never really taken to any sport apart from rugby. I think it's the combination of the need for brute force and mindless violence that hold a certainly fascination for the boys in my family... :)

Temp tattoos are actually a really good idea. You never know, the Fella might find it hot... ;)
Mmm, a stiff one. Thank you. Can I get you something?

So, you have yourself a brood of rugby-playing nerds? Good for you! They'll be balanced young men. :rose:

I have some temp tattoos, just not of Celtic design. I'll have to pop one on for next weekend in the theatre.

First winery down, many more to go. Will be live blogging throughout the day.
johneb87.wordpress.com
Don't feel like you have to taste everything in the winery. In fact, it is possible to get a good start on being drunk by having too much at too many wineries. Believe me. ;)

I knew once you and Shea got on the case it would be a lost cause! C'mon, where are the heartless people to encourage me to have the kittens obliterated before they ever have milky eyes to even open. Gimme the whisky bottle!

LOL :rose:

Well, here, if you really, really want one.
Logically, there are too many cats about, and anything (which causes no pain) which can alleviate the problem is to be lauded. Besides, you can always send the Bill to the idiot (?) who told you she was spayed; if you decide to let this (possible) pregnancy run it's course, you can always take the kittens to them and say "here' you told me lies. have some little kittens".
And do not forget that animals do not usually have the 'soppy feelings' that we humans have.

There. That do ?

I don't think you'll find many heartless people here. Possibly one or two cross ones.

Leaving aside the irony of such a vocal safe sex proponent allowing her cat to end up in an unplanned pregnancy, I don't think she should be subjected to an unnecessary medical procedure just because of her previous owner's dishonesty and your negligence. The general consensus seems to be, man up and take responsibility for both.

There's a difference between logic and a cold heart.
And the previous owner should pay the price!

Well, here, if you really, really want one.
Logically, there are too many cats about, and anything (which causes no pain) which can alleviate the problem is to be lauded. Besides, you can always send the Bill to the idiot (?) who told you she was spayed; if you decide to let this (possible) pregnancy run it's course, you can always take the kittens to them and say "here' you told me lies. have some little kittens".
And do not forget that animals do not usually have the 'soppy feelings' that we humans have.

There. That do ?
Thank you HP! :rose: for the helpful balancing opinion. I'll take Lakhi along to the vet in a couple of weeks and see what I think. :(. Meanwhile I'll get onto the previous owners as soon as they are back from their holiday :mad: and see what gives and why they handed on to me a young cat with several assurances of having spayed her, who evidently isn't spayed.

Hullo, Molly, Bear. Steve, do the lads not play cricket? Piglet is keen on cricket so I'm going to take her to Sophia Gardens this summer, perhaps to watch a county match. Any advice, HP? (Apart from take your knitting and a large picnic hamper.)

anna, Shea, we must sort out a date. Star Trek is open here, and I had a re7l6cv (get off, cat!), a really good trip to the cinema when they gave me vouchers for money off so I am up for it!

Went to see Iron Man 3 and I have to agree, it was AWESOME! although Piglet complained about the lack of clear plot, LOL. And the cinema staff pointed out that I could've booked cheaper tickets, refunded me and saved me lots of money as well as giving me vouchers, then I went shopping and had a latte and teacake with cream and jam, (ssssh, don't wave it under HP's nose!) so I have decided not to go and see Star Trek at the scuzzy cinema in the Valleys but to go into the city centre and make a day of it. :devil:

Hey, John, blog's looking way :cool:! I'm going to link to it from my writing blog.

Good evening, Duchess. My phone died on me halfway through the day. Got quite a few pictures, ate lots of delicious food.....oh, and drank a few glasses of wine. :rolleyes: Beautiful day and VERY warm. The crowds at the wineries were not that bad either. :D

I'm glad you liked Iron Man 3. I agree on the whole plot issue, but doesn't that seem to be common with trilogies these days? (I'm looking at you Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End). But Pepper Pots was awesome....and hot too...er I mean.....:eek: Ok she was on fire in it. You should have leaned over to Piglet at that scene and said, "That's what I turn into when you don't clean your room." Though, you should wait for the Hulk movie for that. ;)

Link to my blog from yours? :eek: Oh my, now you've locked me into updating it after the trip. Well, Maybe there will be a few post trip adventured that will be noteworthy.

Say, could you or anna help with this aloe on my back. I apparently got pretty sunburnt while at the theme park.

Good evening, Duchess. My phone died on me halfway through the day. Got quite a few pictures, ate lots of delicious food.....oh, and drank a few glasses of wine. :rolleyes: Beautiful day and VERY warm. The crowds at the wineries were not that bad either. :D

I'm glad you liked Iron Man 3. I agree on the whole plot issue, but doesn't that seem to be common with trilogies these days? (I'm looking at you Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End). But Pepper Pots was awesome....and hot too...er I mean.....:eek: Ok she was on fire in it. You should have leaned over to Piglet at that scene and said, "That's what I turn into when you don't clean your room." Though, you should wait for the Hulk movie for that. ;)

Link to my blog from yours? :eek: Oh my, now you've locked me into updating it after the trip. Well, Maybe there will be a few post trip adventured that will be noteworthy.

Say, could you or anna help with this aloe on my back. I apparently got pretty sunburnt while at the theme park.

Oh sweet thing! you better sit still while I gently pat this on. Ve-ery gently. Mmmmm.

Coffee with that?

No no, I listed your blog on my blog as a Life's Little Luxury, for people who want to bone up ;) on California and Napa Valley wines so just the posts you put up on your trip will be great - although you may get hooked on blogging. I started that series of posts when I realised that a lot of writers try to establish luxury/vice/sinful decadence through getting their villains, in particular, to drink fine wines ... only to get the wine disastrously wrong. I have still not quite forgiven LaRascasse for insisting on keeping in his list of characters a villain so disgusting that he drank champagne with beef ravioli - in spite of my repeated cries of protest. Although he did thank me in a later chapter for making it clear that he should not consider a career as a sommelier. (LOL, you'll remember that he will soon be going to work for Google so he jolly well should be grateful!)

Hilariously, when I put a thread on here saying I was going to do a Life's Little Luxuries series, it started class warfare with a number of writers saying how disgraceful it was to swill virtual champagne and hobnob with imaginary aristocrats and I should be focussing my efforts on kick-starting the revolution. :D

Nobody else cares about the plot in Iron Man 3! We are all too busy admiring Pepper's awesome ... er, her ... brainpower. Yes, her incredible intelligence. <snerk>. The cub scouts were ecstatic, my main MILF friend was thrilled to bits with all the iron men and hot men, and the Fella and his brother from another mother were happy too, so we all had a good time apart from Piglet who had popcorn and a chocolate bar so she wasn't really unhappy. I was particularly impressed to see TWO hot women with super brains starring in the film, although I notice that neither has yet got her Chair, which was an unexpected nod to realism. :rolleyes:

Oh sweet thing! you better sit still while I gently pat this on. Ve-ery gently. Mmmmm.

Coffee with that?

No no, I listed your blog on my blog as a Life's Little Luxury, for people who want to bone up ;) on California and Napa Valley wines so just the posts you put up on your trip will be great - although you may get hooked on blogging. I started that series of posts when I realised that a lot of writers try to establish luxury/vice/sinful decadence through getting their villains, in particular, to drink fine wines ... only to get the wine disastrously wrong. I have still not quite forgiven LaRascasse for insisting on keeping in his list of characters a villain so disgusting that he drank champagne with beef ravioli - in spite of my repeated cries of protest. Although he did thank me in a later chapter for making it clear that he should not consider a career as a sommelier. (LOL, you'll remember that he will soon be going to work for Google so he jolly well should be grateful!)

Hilariously, when I put a thread on here saying I was going to do a Life's Little Luxuries series, it started class warfare with a number of writers saying how disgraceful it was to swill virtual champagne and hobnob with imaginary aristocrats and I should be focussing my efforts on kick-starting the revolution. :D

Nobody else cares about the plot in Iron Man 3! We are all too busy admiring Pepper's awesome ... er, her ... brainpower. Yes, her incredible intelligence. <snerk>. The cub scouts were ecstatic, my main MILF friend was thrilled to bits with all the iron men and hot men, and the Fella and his brother from another mother were happy too, so we all had a good time apart from Piglet who had popcorn and a chocolate bar so she wasn't really unhappy. I was particularly impressed to see TWO hot women with super brains starring in the film, although I notice that neither has yet got her Chair, which was an unexpected nod to realism. :rolleyes:

Ow! *cringes at first touch of burn* No no, don't stop. Ah, that's better. My camera strap was rubbing against that burn spot all day. :eek: Not too comfortable. Oh, and my nose got it pretty good too.

Yes, coffee please. :heart:

San Francisco tomorrow...well today. Will take the BART (light rail) into town to avoid the high parking rates and traffic. Grabbed some brochures from the hotel lobby. May be a bit late with that Napa posting on my blog, but it should be good. I'm going through my pictures now. So glad I shot in RAW format for this outing. Ok, technical geek talk here so fan yourself down (though anna might appreciate this). RAW format captures a picture that includes all the sensor data from the shot. What does that mean? It means that camera adjustment functions are available in the software on my computer. For example, some of my outdoor shots had a blue tint on the picture. With the RAW file, I can change the white balance in the picture so everything is a more natural color. Ok, need a drink or a cold shower?

The food was delicious though, especially lunch at V. Sattui. Also stopped at the Buchon Bakery in Yountville. Wish I could send you some of the macaroons I had there. :D

Ow! *cringes at first touch of burn* No no, don't stop. Ah, that's better. My camera strap was rubbing against that burn spot all day. :eek: Not too comfortable. Oh, and my nose got it pretty good too.

Yes, coffee please. :heart:

San Francisco tomorrow...well today. Will take the BART (light rail) into town to avoid the high parking rates and traffic. Grabbed some brochures from the hotel lobby. May be a bit late with that Napa posting on my blog, but it should be good. I'm going through my pictures now. So glad I shot in RAW format for this outing. Ok, technical geek talk here so fan yourself down (though anna might appreciate this). RAW format captures a picture that includes all the sensor data from the shot. What does that mean? It means that camera adjustment functions are available in the software on my computer. For example, some of my outdoor shots had a blue tint on the picture. With the RAW file, I can change the white balance in the picture so everything is a more natural color. Ok, need a drink or a cold shower?

The food was delicious though, especially lunch at V. Sattui. Also stopped at the Buchon Bakery in Yountville. Wish I could send you some of the macaroons I had there. :D

*Pauses while gently stroking aloe onto nose to pant*

Um, what was that? RAW adjustments to the natural color? (Color! LOL, type it again for us Brits - slo-o-owly.) ;)

Hmm, maybe I'll rethink taking up this photography malarkey. It's bad enough figuring out how to get followers to link into my blog. I actually have some, although I'm not sure how I put in a link to enable them to follow me. :)

You are at least going to post piccies of those macaroons arencha? :p Actually, macaroons are my favourite. Well, apart from Chelsea buns and Lardy cake. And some other things I like. I really really love macaroons, especially when they make them a bit chewy. They used to do them at Costa in Paddington Station; if I was going to Bath to see my mom, I would go specially early so I could queue for a coffee and a large macaroon - crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. I was gutted when Costa stopped doing them. I should write and beg them to start again. Or figure out the recipe ... hmmmm.

*Pauses while gently stroking aloe onto nose to pant*

Um, what was that? RAW adjustments to the natural color? (Color! LOL, type it again for us Brits - slo-o-owly.) ;)

Hmm, maybe I'll rethink taking up this photography malarkey. It's bad enough figuring out how to get followers to link into my blog. I actually have some, although I'm not sure how I put in a link to enable them to follow me. :)

You are at least going to post piccies of those macaroons arencha? :p Actually, macaroons are my favourite. Well, apart from Chelsea buns and Lardy cake. And some other things I like. I really really love macaroons, especially when they make them a bit chewy. They used to do them at Costa in Paddington Station; if I was going to Bath to see my mom, I would go specially early so I could queue for a coffee and a large macaroon - crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. I was gutted when Costa stopped doing them. I should write and beg them to start again. Or figure out the recipe ... hmmmm.

C...O...L...O...U...R :devil:

Before I got the DSLR, I was taking pics with my cell phone and getting stuff like this with no adjustments. http://sdrv.ms/S4yU7V So as long as you can take great pictures, you can worry about the technical perfectionist stuff later.

Here are is a piccie of the macaroons. Oh and that croissant was sooo good too. I don't think I've ever had one so buttery. And it was very light and fluffy too. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/941255_4758577448602_602140319_n.jpg

C...O...L...O...U...R :devil:

Before I got the DSLR, I was taking pics with my cell phone and getting stuff like this with no adjustments. http://sdrv.ms/S4yU7V So as long as you can take great pictures, you can worry about the technical perfectionist stuff later.

Here are is a piccie of the macaroons. Oh and that croissant was sooo good too. I don't think I've ever had one so buttery. And it was very light and fluffy too. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/941255_4758577448602_602140319_n.jpg

No, no, type it in your sexy American accent :devil: (ROFL).

Ohhhh, chocolate flavoured filled macaroons. I know where you are coming from with those. I think that's the French version, and it's the Italians who make the squishy ones. I like Italians. Macaroons. I like French ones too. Macaroons, I mean! :eek:

I actually do have a recipe for croissants now! in my gorgeous Kitchenaid cookbook. :p Mmm, cookbook :p, mmm croissants :p mmmm.

Lucky for you I just had half a Chelsea bun (with butter :devil:) and an almond croissant, or I would be eating your camera with those piccies on it! LOL.

Not if you had an Illinois barn cat. They eat little dogs for breakfast and puke them out as hair balls.

Molly, it does not have to be an Illinois Barn cat. I've know a couple of farm cats like that. They do not take prisoners.

Naoko & John:
All this food stuff is making me feel quite peckish; you rotters !

Molly, it does not have to be an Illinois Barn cat. I've know a couple of farm cats like that. They do not take prisoners.

Naoko & John:
All this food stuff is making me feel quite peckish; you rotters !

Oh dear, sorry. :eek:
:rose:

Piglet has gone off to stuff her face at an ice skating party so we are having very dull sandwiches here for lunch if that makes you feel better. (Well ... locally produced salt beef - very low fat, probably? And Someone ate all the crisps so someone-else has not bought any more :devil:. There will be cucumber salad and carrots and things *angelicsmileyemoticon*)

Oh dear, sorry. :eek:
:rose:

Piglet has gone off to stuff her face at an ice skating party so we are having very dull sandwiches here for lunch if that makes you feel better. (Well ... locally produced salt beef - very low fat, probably? And Someone ate all the crisps so someone-else has not bought any more :devil:. There will be cucumber salad and carrots and things *angelicsmileyemoticon*)

What a ghastly thought.
I had a ham roll for a mid-day munch. With axle grease, not butter.
My concession to Sunday was that it was a white roll, not wholemeal.

What a ghastly thought.
I had a ham roll for a mid-day munch. With axle grease, not butter.
My concession to Sunday was that it was a white roll, not wholemeal.

:eek: I think I must post some recipes especially for you.

I won't go on about the carrots any more ;). These ones will be grated guys! so don't get excited. Stop wincing, Willie <snerk>.

:eek: I think I must post some recipes especially for you.

I won't go on about the carrots any more ;). These ones will be grated guys! so don't get excited. Stop wincing, Willie <snerk>.

Do drop me a line sometime about vegetable soups I can make.
I've found my old grinding, mashing, scrunching-up thing.

Do drop me a line sometime about vegetable soups I can make.
I've found my old grinding, mashing, scrunching-up thing.

God I have this totally superb book. One of my friends so kindly sent it to me when I'd lost my job and was thinking about taking on work stacking shelves in supermarkets. We three: my best friend and he (they were boyfriends) and me, used to get together in each other's flats and cook soups when we lived impoverished artistic lives in London, LOL. Here is the link at Hive:

http://www.hive.co.uk/book/a-soup-for-every-day-365-of-our-favourite-recipes/6335961/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back